It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Adam and Eve the first humans? Studying Genesis 1-2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Your question is off-topic in this thread, but I do have a thread of my own on the subject;
The "Beyond God" questions

edit on 23-11-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
What about who created God??

God is.

He was not created. He stands outside creation.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Well, if you think about it, you were always here.

Your particles just existed in other forms.

Adam always existed in the clay!!
edit on 23-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by jhill76

Well, if you think about it, you were always here.

Your particles just existed in other forms.

Adam always existed in the clay!!

I see, so the materials for the body existed. But, there was no consciousness to said particles. But, with God, there always was a consciousness with him?

We can take this to another thread, as I know this is not apart of the OP.
edit on 23-11-2013 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

jhill76

akushla99

OccamsRazor04

DISRAELI
Another way to take the story is to take them as symbols representing the early human race as a whole.
Then the first stories are saying something about the way God relates to early humanity.

This can not be proven false, but either way there is no earlier creation event before Adam.

...in this loci...

2nd line

Å99

A way with words... Always interesting to see your posts.

Always good to see you back JH76

Humans are what we call us on this little blue marble in the vastness of creation...it didn't all happen at once, in all the creation everywhere...so, the cursory reading of an ancient script describing an adam on earth, and generations thereof, would only be referring to earth...unless other planets in galaxies far, far away have the exact same creation story, with the exact same sequence, and the exact same adams...who, by definition, might or might not be referred to as 'humans'...

Small minds can legitimise small thinking...

Å99

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

akushla99

jhill76

akushla99

OccamsRazor04

DISRAELI
Another way to take the story is to take them as symbols representing the early human race as a whole.
Then the first stories are saying something about the way God relates to early humanity.

This can not be proven false, but either way there is no earlier creation event before Adam.

...in this loci...

2nd line

Å99

A way with words... Always interesting to see your posts.

Always good to see you back JH76

Humans are what we call us on this little blue marble in the vastness of creation...it didn't all happen at once, in all the creation everywhere...so, the cursory reading of an ancient script describing an adam on earth, and generations thereof, would only be referring to earth...unless other planets in galaxies far, far away have the exact same creation story, with the exact same sequence, and the exact same adams...who, by definition, might or might not be referred to as 'humans'...

Small minds can legitimise small thinking...

Å99

I agree wholehearted. I appreciate you spelling that out in detail so that it may click.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Assuming there is life elsewhere. Possible, but as of yet there is no evidence to indicate this is so.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hmm, just when the thread was getting good!

Creation is Creation!!

10 Things You Need To Know About Time
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFcgW1AVkYk
www.youtube.com...

Adam and Jamie Paint the Mona Lisa in 80 Milliseconds! (HD)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmW6SD-EHVY
www.youtube.com...

80 Milliseconds between "Real" World and Consciousness....

edit on 23-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: format

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Assuming there is life elsewhere. Possible, but as of yet there is no evidence to indicate this is so.

Well...that's up to you...if you are so sure of the sequences of events in this one ancient manuscript...how could anyone dispute you?

1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let THEM have dominion...

1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

In strict sequence...man and woman was created (whether they were labelled as Adam and Eve at this stage is a moot point)...it is only later that a concurrent(?), or other 'creation' of an Adam, who is imbued with spirit and made from the dust of the ground appears, with an Eve emanating from his rib...

...so, on a strict reading of the sequence there were humans before Adam & Eve...(whether they were labelled as such is not specified)...

Å99
edit on 23-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Zillah,
Keep an open mind. There's a lot to be learned from EVERY religious study. Remember allegory, metaphor, and analogy are found throughout.

allegory
ˈalɪg(ə)ri
noun
1. a story, poem, or picture which can be interpreted to reveal a hidden meaning, typically a moral or political one.
"Pilgrim's Progress is an allegory of the spiritual journey"
synonyms: parable, analogy, metaphor, symbol, emblem

metaphor
ˈmɛtəfə,-fɔ
noun
1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
"when we speak of gene maps and gene mapping, we use a cartographic metaphor"
synonyms: figure of speech, figurative expression, image, trope, allegory, parable, analogy, comparison, symbol, emblem, word painting, word picture

analogy
əˈnalədʒi
noun
1. a comparison between one thing and another, typically for the purpose of explanation or clarification.
"an analogy between the workings of nature and those of human societies"

Do NOT believe every word in the Bible was meant to be taken literally. It's the first biggest misstep of all. The Bible may well be the word of God, but it was written by the hand of man, and is therefore imperfect. If God ever shows up and tells you where the mistakes were, you be sure and send me a U2U, okay?

Take a look see at this:
and then dive in with all your heart.

Best of luck and enjoy your journey. I'll see you again along the way.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Cosmos Sapiens...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

AbleEndangered

Cosmos Sapiens...

Hahahaha...yep, cosmos sapiens...

Excellent

Å99

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I like how zeitgeist didn't mention what Jesus's real Birthday may have been...

Zeitgeist had its own agenda...

The Venus Project is cool and all, and addendum.

Don't take Zeitgeist as the word! Loose Change is way better!!

Zeitgeist didn't mention the Shapeshifter Jesus Manuscript either...

Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text
news.discovery.com/history/religion/shape-shifting-jesus-described-in-ancient-text-130313.htm
news.discovery.com...

Another Member pointed out that Ra, and his daughters were shapeshifters...

Check out this reference, Apep, the Snake and the tree:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apep
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Snarl

Do NOT believe every word in the Bible was meant to be taken literally. It's the first biggest misstep of all. The Bible may well be the word of God, but it was written by the hand of man, and is therefore imperfect. If God ever shows up and tells you where the mistakes were, you be sure and send me a U2U, okay?

Take a look see at this:

You do realize everything in Zeitgeist has been proven false and they just made stuff up right? They did it because people like you only question things they don't like, anything that supports your pre-existing beliefs you lap up unquestioned. You've been had my friend.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Moses knew the story of Apep I'm pretty sure!!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Snarl

Take a look see at this:

You do realize everything in Zeitgeist has been proven false and they just made stuff up right? They did it because people like you only question things they don't like, anything that supports your pre-existing beliefs you lap up unquestioned. You've been had my friend.

Au contraire, mon frère. See how easy it is to misunderstand what you do not Know?

My assistance with the OP's question might have been limited to, "Probably not, but I wasn't there, so I don't know if Adam and Eve were the first humans." How would that be a contribution to the thread? Had you been paying rapt attention, you would have seen my response was a retort to our brother winofiend, emphasizing while mocking his point at the same time.

See ... what Zillah needs to know now, is that unexpected hurdles will be encountered along the path of enlightenment. Not every question can be addressed in this forum. Not every question asked will be answered specifically. Best to never be closed-minded, because that approach may cause one to miss the message that's right before their eyes.

-Cheers

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

If you believe the Bible then yes they were the first humans.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zillah

It's not too late to bury that bible and pick up a 9th grade biology book if you want to know the history of our species. Reading Genesis will do you no good.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I agree that Adam and Eve are mythological, but I don't think it is meant to be taken literally. I believe It is a metaphor or allegory for something, but what? In my opinion it is about how man became self-aware, which is the forbidden fruit. Self-awareness leads to separation and bigotry and hate, and all of that leads to war.

God saying "you will surely die" represents self-awareness bringing to light our own mortality, the knowledge that we will eventually die one day.

While I agree with your opinion that Yahweh was an impostor, I think you give the OT a bad rap. There's lots of wisdom that you're missing in it. You ignoring the OT because of the god it represents is like someone ignoring the NT because of the god it represents. Even the gospels have some pretty wild claims like the miracles, virgin birth, and resurrection, which never happened in my opinion.

They both claim to be the work of Yahweh, no? So why not apply the same logic as you do with Jesus to the OT prophets? Ignore the story surrounding the words and only focus on the words of the prophets themselves. I think you're doing a disservice to others by telling them to ignore the OT entirely, they'll be missing a lot of good stuff.
edit on 23-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

boymonkey74
A good Documentary about my last post.

Good watch.

Very, very good documentary.

Same lady also did the Sex Papyrus documentary.

There has to be a section missing in the Books of Moses about the "Lady"!

I wonder if we are stuck in the middle of a family feud or cosmic divorce.

In the Exodus, its said when God seen the Idols of the other gods it angered him.

I think it was bringing back bad memories...

God is very emotional and jealous!! Oh jeez, like a woman...

and, God told Moses he was gonna turn his back to the people when he performed the maneuver so they couldn't see his face...

Mauro Biglino: Unexpected Bible - Translating it literally (1 of 6) - Eng. subs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4MXLB6SwPg
www.youtube.com...

Dogma - Alanis Morissette Is God
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA3dzBrXYtc
www.youtube.com...

What if??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join