It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if, Earth………….is HELL!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Hell" will be a place on earth. It is where gehenom was in Jesus's time on earth. Gehenom which in this case is the word Jesus used to denote what we now think of as Hell (incorrectly) was a borrowed Hellenistic word for the refuse dump outside Jerusalem's walls. At the time Gehenom was burning night and day; stank badly and the smoke of it's burning went up into the sky "forever and ever." which was a Jewish saying known as a Hebraism. Jesus said that Jerusalem is where new Jerusalem will appear when the milenium is over. so that is where Judgement day will occur. It follows that The lake of fire will appear where Gehenom once burned. also like gehenom the lake of fire will only last until the unsaved souls are disposed of. The only sense in which hell is permanent is that the destruction therein is final and everlasting. God is no Sadist. A place where loved ones are eternally in agony within sight sound and smell is not heaven. And Christians who think it is should be ashamed of themselves. The doctrine of an eternal torment pit out on the porch of heaven is a result of bad translations and a bit of political-clerical nudging to keep the sheep in line.

How many times does the bible say that the soul can be destroyed in hell or that people in hell perish. or even that the king of Tyrus who is Satan will burn to ashes from within and the people of Jerusalem will tread on the ashes and fear him no more. or that the offices of the devil such as time and death will be no more? John 3:16 says "perish" not roast forever on a BBQ on heaven's porch. The son of perdition comes from the word "perdidos" which means perish. Satan's fate is to perish in hell and be no more. I would not bet on lesser beings such as unfortunate human souls thrown in with him faring any better. Jesus says

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

God says to Israel through the prophets "why do you die oh Israel? Repent! Repent and live!" God also says he takes "no joy in the death of the wicked." That's *death of the wicked* and not to roast forever like a hapless schmuck locked in some kind of demonic sauna while psychotic douche bag relatives, wives, sons, daughters and friends rejoice at the torment going on right next door.
edit on 15-5-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If Earth is hell, then hell isn't that bad.

Life really is what you make of it. How we feel really is a choice. I can feel sad, or choose not to. I can feel angry, or choose not to. We have a lot of freedom in this sandbox to make life what we want.

Maybe that's hell though? Maybe knowing that we are the only ones keeping us in misery is a kind of personal hell?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.yaiy.org...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
hell comes from old english word "hellas" which means to be covered, buried or concealed. Potatoes and huts were helled.

Sheol is often translated as the pit or the grave. it is also the same as the Greek word "Hades" in the new testament.

in the NT the word translated as hell is one of several words for instance Sheol, Hades or Tartaroo. Gehenom is another matter. It is the lake of fire.

In Revelations death, time and *hell* are thrown into the lake of fire.

If Hell is the lake of fire that is clearly impossible.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Not hell on earth. But if hell is the absense of God, you'd
have a clue as to why the world man has created, is so hellish.
You can start first at the monatary system and the absolute
truth we are told about money.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil." Include as you
touched on, an unmerciful financial system that will shamelessly
employ every ruthless policy the devil himself could dream up.
Ensuring that any successful interactions could only be achieved
by a being less organic more from a mechanic. Of inhuman rigidity.

Touching all points in between and concluding with the fact
that most men are enslaved for at least 30 yrs by the very
roof over their head.

The earth isn't hell but this world unintended has some hellish
ways.

Sucks for everyone but the rich and Godless.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

In my opinion, Earth represents a "lesson" because those that have been "sent" here are to learn what it would be like on a planet that is chaotic and unstable, as opposed to the security of belonging to their native plane of existence.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

I hope you choose to get murdered tonight. If not, the impending apocalypse will probably get you. Oil, oil, in the sky, but not a drop will sink.
edit on 16-7-2015 by YellowYam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2XOHsurf
reply to post by brace22

I believe that it is entirely possible to experience hell (God's absence) on earth, just as it is possible to experience heaven (God's presence)

People think that heaven and hell are rewards and punishment but that is not supported by scriptures. Right now we are in a state of GRACE and we have an eternal decision to make which will determine the future.

Ah, look. You summoned a demon. I'm pretty sure anyone who has ever starved to death experienced God's presence, since he was sitting there watching with a big voluptuous smile on his face. Shoo, demon.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Earth is totally hell, for most people and certainly most conscious life that lives here. It's a trick, you see. God gives you this life, and then he tells you you have to go through all kinds of pain in the hope that things will get better. Then you die and rot uselessly in the ground. His demons spread throughout the world to prevent people from discovering this nihilistic truth. They call themselves priest and friend.

Most conscious life on planet Earth lives in absolute misery hoping for an age they will never experience when things will be better. No, it doesn't get better. We all get slaughtered and rot.

Sound bad? This is hell. I usually keep quiet because Satan/God has put me in a little bubble of luck, surrounded by the howling bark of the unjustly miserable.

There's only one way out of hell, and God/Satan keeps it a secret what is on the other side of that door. But if you ask me, it's pointless emptiness, total oblivion, which wipes every pleasant moment from reality forever.

And then what do I see? All these monkeys want to f u c k and hoard and f u c k and hoard. All these monkeys want to perform the ritual that summons a new demon to replace their rotting corpses. Then they f u c k and hoard and f u c k and hoard.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Then what would you think of folks HERE who have Afterlife experiences? If "this" is the afterlife and hell, then how would you explain that?

Also, how do you explain all the GREAT things in this world? I know DEPRESSION runs rampant in many users of this site, but there are GREAT WONDERFUL things in this world that would negate this being hell.

Go seek help my son.

originally posted by: brace22
Now I am not saying this is truth and that I live my life by this, I think I have been on ATS long enough now that people know I am not about that.

This is just a scenario I have dreamt up, and with ATS apparently being a place to say such ideas (I say apparently because I don't feel ATS is as it use to be) I thought I would share.

HOKER, SOR, HERES ZE THING…. (Anyone who gets that reference, HUGE digi-hi five to you)

Earth and the life humans have made from themselves, is pretty bad. We blow each other up, we made a financial system that is completely pointless and sucks, we have horrible people, nobody is essentially free (apart from people in tribes bla bla bla), we kill each other, we watch each other, privacy is non-existent now, and we are constantly being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and how much we should earn and spend.

Now, if you ask me, this sounds pretty hellish. Not the whole brimstone and fire and Satan hell, just, real hell.

Now, here is where I go way of reality and into some intergalactic nutgall theory.

What if, Earth, was put here as Hell. What if, all our souls and so forth, were put here as punishment for something we have done wrong? Let me explain.

Our real form and soul, is 10000000000000000000 lightyears away on some planet. We murdered another being, and got caught, and was sentenced to prison, and the judge said:

"I am sentencing you to a human life-time of punishment on Earth"

Our souls were then "Frozen" and put into a human body. (How it becomes sperm etc is beyond me, but cut me some slack?)

We are not allowed to remember anything of our real-life until punishment is served, and when our human body dies, we return to our real body and so forth.

This then, makes all UFO's "Security Guards", our word leaders our "Wardens", and the Loch Ness Monster the warden of the sea (HA)

Now, I know this is a ridiculous theory, hence why I have tried to explain it with a pinch of salt. But I am hoping you will see my thoughts? And as said, isn't ATS a place to put all this anyway?

I AM NOT PREACHING. I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS TRUE. IT WAS JUST AN IDEA.

Discuss class…..

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You are very sick my friend.

originally posted by: YellowYam
Earth is totally hell, for most people and certainly most conscious life that lives here. It's a trick, you see. God gives you this life, and then he tells you you have to go through all kinds of pain in the hope that things will get better. Then you die and rot uselessly in the ground. His demons spread throughout the world to prevent people from discovering this nihilistic truth. They call themselves priest and friend.

Most conscious life on planet Earth lives in absolute misery hoping for an age they will never experience when things will be better. No, it doesn't get better. We all get slaughtered and rot.

Sound bad? This is hell. I usually keep quiet because Satan/God has put me in a little bubble of luck, surrounded by the howling bark of the unjustly miserable.

There's only one way out of hell, and God/Satan keeps it a secret what is on the other side of that door. But if you ask me, it's pointless emptiness, total oblivion, which wipes every pleasant moment from reality forever.

And then what do I see? All these monkeys want to f u c k and hoard and f u c k and hoard. All these monkeys want to perform the ritual that summons a new demon to replace their rotting corpses. Then they f u c k and hoard and f u c k and hoard.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: princeofpeace

I have read his post several times now and I think he may be on to something...

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Who knows how reality is confined to perspective because if things weren't so bad per se than we wouldn't have this thread would we? In another reality where Earth is perfect hell could be how you pronounce the color blue. So maybe what you are really saying is how we can't make contact with any other advanced lifeforms that we must be in some nightmare universe. Or that there are advanced lifeforms visiting our planet that for some reason are kept secret from us. Now I can believe that, and I think that could be related to Hell and Satan worshipping, i.e. the Illuminati/TPTB.

Everything is controlled through Christianity and TPTB cause evil so people keep their faith and that is how they are controlled.
edit on 28-7-2015 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Finally I've found someone who thinks as I do that this earth is hell. Consider that existence here is set up on the premise that each life depends upon the killing and eating of other animals/plants. The ways in which humans behave so badly to each other and the absolute holocausts perpetrated by humans against all other species makes this world seem founded on an evil basis of pain and suffering. The quote by Aldous Huxley that our earth may be hell for another planet is certainly interesting. That some of us may lead happier lives than others may simply be the workings of karma and rebirth.
I thought I was alone in my thinking on this subject but an gratified to find others who think in a similar fashion. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
OP, i would approach Netflix with that premise.

that sounds like a great Netflix produced scifi.

and you, the guy who accidentallystumbles on the idea manages to get back to the said home planet and reveal 'earth' and the crazy stuff which takes place on this blue little hell of a planet.

thats a 'hell' of a screenplay

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have another theory, earth is where astral beings born into humans and live together.

Those who're pure evils like serial killers, suicide bombers, terrorists, anyone who brings misery, technology researchers that's destructive, are satans, demons, or dark astral beings etc.
Those who help others, doctors, technology researchers that make better life, etc are probably angels or other light astral beings.
Those who live happy lifes are having their rewards from their past lifes being good.

But I have no idea why would we want to be born as humans and live on this hellish earth, sure there are positive emotions as humans, but the negatives seem to outweigh the positives, like being old, pain, illness, disease and death. Maybe we/they're just bored out there. But not all of us experience that, by just knowing we can eventually catch one is already hellish. Damn I'm confused now lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

people are hell, not earth. and when the earth shakes us off like a bad case of fleas, hell will go right along with us. we call ourselves the light bringers, the pioneers of illumination and clarity, but in the end, light will extinguish us. in a very literal sense. no hell, just time doing its thing.
edit on 4-7-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Earth is hell in a way... You are nothing but a biological robot with a script telepathically giving you ideas, emotions, desires to fool you into thinking you're real... You have no control or choice in anything you do. Your mind is just molested so you think you're doing what you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join