It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if, Earth………….is HELL!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Now I am not saying this is truth and that I live my life by this, I think I have been on ATS long enough now that people know I am not about that.

This is just a scenario I have dreamt up, and with ATS apparently being a place to say such ideas (I say apparently because I don't feel ATS is as it use to be) I thought I would share.

HOKER, SOR, HERES ZE THING…. (Anyone who gets that reference, HUGE digi-hi five to you)

Earth and the life humans have made from themselves, is pretty bad. We blow each other up, we made a financial system that is completely pointless and sucks, we have horrible people, nobody is essentially free (apart from people in tribes bla bla bla), we kill each other, we watch each other, privacy is non-existent now, and we are constantly being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, and how much we should earn and spend.

Now, if you ask me, this sounds pretty hellish. Not the whole brimstone and fire and Satan hell, just, real hell.

Now, here is where I go way of reality and into some intergalactic nutgall theory.

What if, Earth, was put here as Hell. What if, all our souls and so forth, were put here as punishment for something we have done wrong? Let me explain.

Our real form and soul, is 10000000000000000000 lightyears away on some planet. We murdered another being, and got caught, and was sentenced to prison, and the judge said:

"I am sentencing you to a human life-time of punishment on Earth"

Our souls were then "Frozen" and put into a human body. (How it becomes sperm etc is beyond me, but cut me some slack?)

We are not allowed to remember anything of our real-life until punishment is served, and when our human body dies, we return to our real body and so forth.

This then, makes all UFO's "Security Guards", our word leaders our "Wardens", and the Loch Ness Monster the warden of the sea (HA)

Now, I know this is a ridiculous theory, hence why I have tried to explain it with a pinch of salt. But I am hoping you will see my thoughts? And as said, isn't ATS a place to put all this anyway?

I AM NOT PREACHING. I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS TRUE. IT WAS JUST AN IDEA.

Discuss class…..

edit on 22-11-2013 by brace22 because: Didn't fully post..

edit on 22-11-2013 by brace22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2013 by brace22 because: Not showing

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Fixed now thank you.
edit on 22-11-2013 by brace22 because: Fixed.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Trust me, you aren't unique in this thought. I've seen this very idea mentioned on ATS many times all by different people in different threads. I'll give you a S&F anyways though.
edit on 22-11-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I believe that it is entirely possible to experience hell (God's absence) on earth, just as it is possible to experience heaven (God's presence)

People think that heaven and hell are rewards and punishment but that is not supported by scriptures. Right now we are in a state of GRACE and we have an eternal decision to make which will determine the future.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Maybe it`s hell for most but it`s also heaven for a few
edit on 22-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
then everything would finally begin to make sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Life is what you make of it. Mine in no way resembles Hell. It did at one point, but I eventually realized that the choices I make shape my life. Every little damn thing that happens in your life is a persons choice. If something happens out of a persons control, then it is their choice how they react to the situation.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

I think far too often the severity of suffering even in what may appear to be a somewhat "benign" form, as compared to your typical fire and brymstone, is majorly downplayed. At many times i honestly do feel that there are true forms of a real hell here on our very earth.

The part you described about certain themes of authority representing others in another place, well.....i can certainly get down with that. IMO though, it is not some form of punishment, it is more of an immediate consequence for our actions, and this is not determined by some "god" but it is the natural course of action/reaction. sort of a good kharma/bad kharma yin/yang good/evil situation. It actually exists but the entire paradigm is a longer term manifestation of the battle we all have with our inner selves on an individual level. The "authorities" in my case represent our inner struggle to be able to have complete freedom and do literally whatever we want, while at the same time having the self responsibility to not act out towards humanity or our selfs in any detrimental/selfish/greedy/glutonous/bla bla bla way. ya dig?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This thread should be moved to the religious forum.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

why? he said in the beggining this is just a brainstorm of sorts. i dont see why it should be in the religious forum. because of the word "hell" or what?

Sorry he said that this is a scenario that he has "dreamt up". that is what i mean to say
edit on 11 22 2013 by victhebutcher because: forgawt a sentance

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The localization of rewards and punishments in fixed places exists only in man's imagination; it proceeds from his' tendency to materialize and to circumscribe the things of which he cannot comprehend the essential infinitude.

(Drops mic)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

victhebutcher

i dont see why it should be in the religious forum. because of the word "hell" or what?

Suggesting there is such a thing as hell implies there is such a thing as heaven.
If we don't agree, then so be it.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

maybe its not so much "punishment" and "reward" being some inadvertent manifestation of our inability to comprehend something that is on a "different level" as it may present itself, but more so such as taking responsibility for actions that may be deemed deplorable or acceptable by ones own self, which is no less viable and or incomprehensible than some seemingly apparent higher reality that we do not have an ability to comprehend

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Earth is hell. This was known a long time ago before bible stories said otherwise. Then again the bible does hint to the devil being cast out of heaven to earth to rule. Just remember there are truths in the Christian bible.
edit on 22-11-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

well just because there may be a hell does not necessarily mean that the opposite MUST exist. although its quite logical to assume so. maybe it might help to understand that one is referring to these words as emotional and or physical states of being that can asthecally can be compared to idea of heaven or hell in a traditional religous sense. but just because someone totes the phrase heaven OR hell does not mean they are referring to what you may consider a religious theology.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Hell? In a sense I could see this Earth being a hell. If modern society were stripped away and we were forced to adapt to our natural monstrous instincts to survive I'm sure that would be a hell for most people.

However, I tend to not agree with this theory because like a previous poster mentioned, it depends WHAT life you're living.

If you're in a third world country and have no source of income and struggle to survive in harsh environments then I can see that being hell, but if I'm Beyonce and living way past my needs in my multi-million dollar mansion then I would see that as more of a heaven.

The television show Supernatural I think had a very interesting concept of something called "Purgatory" -- it was (in the show) an endless forest/jungle and every soul in it hunted one another then ripped each other apart all to have whomever was killed to regenerate and be ripped apart again in an endless cycle, that sounds like a true hell to me -- void of ALL compassion and nothing but violence and despair.

~Sovereign

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I can agree with this. Ever been to Detroit?

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SovereignEve

but if I'm Beyonce and living way past my needs in my multi-million dollar mansion then I would see that as more of a heaven.

some might consider this a form of hell......

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

victhebutcher

well just because there may be a hell...

You lost me at that point.

-Peace-

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
As I said, this is purely a dreamt up scenario, not a religious belief.

Of course there are many links and gaps in here, but it wasn't meant to be water tight, and I am so happy most people see that.

In terms of conversation, I understand that of course some people are extremely happy and good on them. I am happy, I mean there's things that make me un happy but who does not have them? I was speaking in a general sense.

I do believe the choices we make have a big impact. (I am talking real world now not dreams haha). I have made many bad choices (Not illegal choices, just choices that reflect where my life goes). I do not regret them, as I wouldn't be with my wonderful girlfriend had I made the choices that I thought were right.

It's a whole bunch of weirdness this world. I love how our interpretations of this planet and life are all divulged from experience and personal thoughts.

For example, Richard Branson isn not going to complain to much about his life. Yet a human slave who has not seen daylight in 30 years and so forth, is going to be completely different.

THAT contrast, in the big picture, is massive. It is also that contrast, is where I got my general dream scenario of earth being hell. Yes there is a lot of good. But there is also a lot bad, and it's only the bad we hear of. (IMO)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join