It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Arrested For Trying to Pick Kids Up From School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

A father was arrested for attempting to pick his kids up from school in a startling new example of how the state is increasingly treating children as its own property.

Father Arrested For Trying to Pick Kids Up From School

Making a stand against what he considered a dangerous and illegal new school policy that forces parents to wait in a line of cars outside until children are released at 2:35pm, Jim Howe tried to walk his kids out of South Cumberland Elementary but was arrested and now faces charges of disorderly conduct.

“You don’t need a reason as a parent to go get your children. They are our children,” Howe states in a video of the incident.

This is insane. Now everyone decides what to do with your kid but you as the parent have no more say. Our society is going downhill so quickly and there is no coming back.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
They ARE our Children but the State and particularly schools, don't see it that way at all. Parents are "them" to BE the problem until the kids are 'properly released' to the parents in an established way each day.

It's patently ridiculous. Remember the old days before "Lock Down" came into usage as something they did to children in our nation? Quite a shocking change of attitude toward people as property and property to be treated with a jealous guardianship that borders on sick.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Downsize and homeschool.

If there was even the slightest hint that tptb were making a grab for my kids using schools as the catalyst, they would never set foot in a Government school again.

Even emmigrating would be on the cards if it came to that too.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
There is also a short video that clearly states: Your kids belong to us!!!

But the part that really blows my mind is the proposal for the so called "State Guardian" which has to be assigned to every child from birth, like the one that are trying to implement in Scotland.

As A.J. put it Meanwhile, in other major western countries, children are being assigned a “state minder” from birth under draconian new proposals that would enable the government to spy on families under the justification of preventing “child abuse”.

For anyone familiar with how our “child protection” system too often works in practice, rather loud alarm bells might be rung by a Bill currently going through the Scottish Parliament that takes the state’s intervention in family life to a startling new level. Under the Children and Young People (Scotland) Bill, every child from birth will be given a “named person”, charged with keeping an eye on that child’s interests until it reaches adulthood.

We are familiar with the idea that state employees are expected to take an interest in a child’s welfare, from health visitors to teachers at school. But this proposal that local authorities should be empowered to appoint an official to act as a personal “guardian”, or social worker, to oversee every aspect of a child’s life from birth onwards is a world first.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.blacklistednews.com...

www.express.co.uk...

Totally insane...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
wow, if this guy shows his ID, and he's the kids parent what right does the school have to keep his kid after school is over...am I missing something here?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Yeah right, and the greatest irony being that more kids are abused in so-called 'child protection systems' than anything else.

Isn't it completely obvious by now, that molesters and other similar monsters go where the kids are, and if they can't go where the kids are, they bring the kids to them?

Guardians my arse!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Melissa-Perry is talking about a completely different topic in your video...she is talking about funding for schools, and the way it has be neglected...she is not talking about owning your kid

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I can't believe I just watched that happen!! His own children, and he can't take them home until the school says??
I'm all for protecting kids, and ensuring they get home safely, and are collected by the procedure, I have to do it everyday when picking my little one up, but that is ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

That is disgusting, here in the UK when school finishes i expect to have eyes on my child with a maximum of 5 minutes.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Guess we have nothing in this nation anymore. Everything we work for and build is property of the state.

They can have all my bills then.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

jimmyx
reply to post by Telos

Melissa-Perry is talking about a completely different topic in your video...she is talking about funding for schools, and the way it has be neglected...she is not talking about owning your kid

I think you've missed the point. She's talking about something else but I'm referring to how she is considering our kids to be. Quoting from the same post:

There is also a short video that clearly states: Your kids belong to us!!!

edit on 20-11-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

jimmyx
reply to post by Telos

Well I bet she's not a fan of home schooling.

Its amazing how she assumes that to some degree communities don't already see kids as part of community. Folks are reminded of that every time the vote for new school taxes ect. She talks like a goose that just woke up with some fancy new ideas about utopia.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Logarock because: n

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
homeschooling is the best way to go. That way you're kids don't get brainwashed.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

MissBeck
I can't believe I just watched that happen!! His own children, and he can't take them home until the school says??
I'm all for protecting kids, and ensuring they get home safely, and are collected by the procedure, I have to do it everyday when picking my little one up, but that is ridiculous!

The mans point that he walked and didn't drive is valid. Sounds like he got caught up in a bureaucratic twilight zone.

And the cop, who made him an administrator of school policy? He certainly doesn't like cameras......or men bigger than himself if you catch my drift. If a 5 foot tall woman came in there with the same demands the outcome would have been much different and I would bet on it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I agree. Had he drove to school, then walked to the gates, or wherever they let them out from, instead of waiting in his car, I could see why there would have been conflict. But they walked from home from what I can gather.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is reason # 86,325 why I will never sign custody of my children over to the state.

AKA Signing an Enrollment Contract

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Two things:
1) Can someone please explain to me what tptb stands for? I see this posted everywhere here but nowhere else.
2) Sure, private schools are superior now without a shadow of a doubt, even homeschooling is a much better alternative but even though I will put my eventual kids through one of the two (or homegroup schooling), that doesn't mean that the public education should be ignored. If not for the majority of the children out there that have no choice but to learn from this horrible mess we call public schools, then at the very least we need to be concerned about what they are teaching kids at school.

Think about your typical college student. They are liberal and are perfectly okay with being in control because that's what they have been learning. They believe that a college degree will guarantee them a job and it's their right to have one and if they don't get one, they can get a government paycheck from the magical money tree. How many college students waste their time on silly nonsense because they believe they are making a difference in the world? How many of them have you spoken to that think equality for all means stealing from the rich, giving to the poor and everyone lives equally with equal salary? I wish I could say that I've never had such discussions but I've had many of those in the past 10-years to warrant a facepalm of picard's degree.

Now what's happening with children in public schools? What are they learning? They are learning a different alteration of the constitution, they are changing, and showering in the same changeroom because unisex is equality for some reason. What about politics that they teach in school? I remember my teachers were always pro-union and pro-liberal and tried to indoctrinate students to believe in what they would believe in so that those students would further vote for their job security. It's complete BS.

Homeschooling is also getting sketchy. In some areas, you're not allowed to home-school unless you have a college degree and are certified to home-school and you MUST follow a specified curriculum instead of getting a placement test for high-school. This discourages home-schooling because not everyone has such credentials to home-school. Public schools have to go by what Obama says if they accepted federal aid, which just about every school did (or is it the state that accepts that?).

Either way, the future is always dependent on the children because they are the next generation of adults that will shape the world. But what happens when these kids are too stupid, too loyal to government, unable to think for themselves, have passing grades even though they failed, and so on? It's a grim future for the US and I really hope for the best. I'm probably going to retire out of the country when the time comes because my social security probably won't ever come, and the cost of living in the US might be too high to even consider retirement. Good luck future kids, you're raised to be ignorant and very proud of it. Good luck paying for the mess this past decade has caused for you and your great, great grandchildren.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Em2013
Two things:
1) Can someone please explain to me what tptb stands for? I see this posted everywhere here but nowhere else.

I had to look it up when I first joined as well. The Powers That Be = TPTB

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

FFS !!!! There already IS a "guardian" ... it s called "PARENT " !!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Not gonna watch the video because I will be angry as all get out all day. Do not ever enroll your kids in a public school. I don't care if you have to take a second job and scrub toilets at a gas station, pay for a private school or home school them. The public school system is scum at the bottom of the barrel.

It is the lowest you can go. It is the absolute worst thing you can do to your child. Right next to getting them all their vaccinations without even looking at whats in the vaccinations.

edit on 20-11-2013 by Pimpintology because: of his early childhood vaccinations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join