It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activist groups want Obama to resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Voicing grievances that vary from the Obama administration’s handling of the terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya, to concerns about the Affordable Care Act, conservative activists rallied Tuesday near the White House to coalesce around one common goal — to see the president resign.

About 200 protesters milled around at noon, listening to dozens of speakers and basking in the sun to stay warm in Lafayette Square, across Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House. A few carried handmade “Impeach Obama” signs, while others hoisted American or yellow Gadsden flags above their heads.

www.washingtontimes.com...

“There’s too much bending of the Constitution to achieve Mr. Obama’s agenda,” said attendee Jerry Lucas, 63, a retiree from Chester, Va.

Key, though, are views among political independents – and in this group just 33 percent now approve of Obama’s work in office, while 63 percent disapprove. That’s a career low for Obama among independents, down 21 points since January and 10 points in just the past month.

Botched ACA Rollout Hammers Obama; Job Disapproval Reaches a Career High

Well, it's starting....whether it's independents, conservatives, liberals or what, the disgruntled American's are slowly coming forward.
It may only be 200 right now but at least they are trying to be heard.

Most of us can agree, regardless of which party one belongs to, that there is waaay to much side stepping of the constitution and evading questions pertaining to the IRS, NSA, Benghazi, Fast & Furious scandals, just to name a few.
A few too many in my opinion.
It's getting hard to keep up with them.

The ACA just might be the one thing that brings Obama's downfall, image wise.
Or at least his approval rating any way.

I just can't believe that he is thumbing his nose at the millions of people who are dissatisfied with him and his policies. Especially this joke of Obamacare....it needs to be taken apart and revamped without rushing it through.

Of course, we all know that this will never come to fruition.....Impeachment/Resignation
[there is wishful thinking however. LOL]

But Obama knows now, that he's no longer held to a high esteem of respect as he once was.
Even the MSM is turning on him a little.

[BTW, I'm one of the many 'Independents' that disapprove of his handling of affairs]

edit on 20-11-2013 by snarky412 because: add link

edit on 20-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Somehow I think it's going to take a little more than getting "disgruntled" and milling around to get Barack Obama to decide to stop being the President of the United States. Considering he has the power to drone-strike at will, I think he'll probably go ahead and stay right where he is. People tend not to give up that kind of power real easily. Disgruntled milling is a good start though.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

ojdidit

Somehow I think it's going to take a little more than getting "disgruntled" and milling around to get Barack Obama to decide to stop being the President of the United States. Considering he has the power to drone-strike at will, I think he'll probably go ahead and stay right where he is. People tend not to give up that kind of power real easily. Disgruntled milling is a good start though.

Oh I know he won't never step down...

But this has got to get his 'ego' going.
That smug look he always gives the press when asking him tough questions like 'How dare you ask me that'

He acts like he's a Demi-god or some thing.
Real pompous like

I've got to where I can't stand watching him
Besides, all that comes out of his mouth is intentional deception of the truth.

edit on 20-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yes, like this is ANYTHING NEW!.. Opposing groups have always tried to bring the public on their sides.

It will not happen.

It wont affect Mr. Obamas selfesteem in any way, as every leader is attacked from within. Why would he be bothered in any way beyond the normal "bothering about concerned groups"?

This. is nothing new to any leader.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Emperor Obama isn't leaving office. Ever.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I was brought in by the term "activist"
And left on the label "conservative"

duh

And then the brain started working....so....
POTUS has done "this" "that" "and the other thing" .... wait... no...both sides know it ..so I don't have to make the points

So...we will just let the constitution be igonored...let one man make the rules he likes for the rest of us to follow....
And only 200 people protesters have noticed?

No, its not only 200 that know...its only 200 willing to make public declaration that they know this is wrong!

X

edit on 20-11-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Thirty activist groups coordinated to organize this big rally?
Bunches of speakers?
Only about 200 people milling around?
Basking in the sun?
Two hundred people?

Lets see now. About 30 speakers and about 200 people.
That's what? About 7 people per speaker????

And about 7 people per activist group.
Basking in the sun.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

ManFromEurope
Yes, like this is ANYTHING NEW!.. Opposing groups have always tried to bring the public on their sides.

It will not happen.

It wont affect Mr. Obamas selfesteem in any way, as every leader is attacked from within. Why would he be bothered in any way beyond the normal "bothering about concerned groups"?

This. is nothing new to any leader.

You are very correct.

However Obama is one of those people who doesn't like criticism, regardless of where it comes from.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
He knows he has "lost his clothes". He is becoming sloppy and caring less. As the days and weeks go by, we will all see his true colors begun to show.... And feel the grip of his claws. And STILL! Congress won't do the will of the people!

We had better get our house in order (pun intended) and quick! Because right now, the world still perceives us as strong... Because of us! If they (China, Iran, NK) perceive us as weak with no structure or resolve, we are sitting ducks.

Suddenly, the accused wackos aren't so much anymore. Are they?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Fair or unfair, rigged or not, this country has had it's last "election". Call me whatever names you want, but I don't think there is going to be another presidential election in 2016.

If I'm wrong then I'll post I was wrong afterwards.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Wow 200 people out of over 300 million. How did this even make the news oh yeah it's a chance to whine about Obama.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Is this the same one as the thread that was going to make Obama go to Iran yesterday?

I'm guessing he didn't then.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Obama's ego won't allow a resignation. No matter how bad it gets or how lame duck he becomes as a totally ineffective leader, he won't resign. I don't see his personality having that capability within it as a pure matter.

I think it'll take impeachment and it'll be a fight every step of the way, IF it even gets there. With spineless worms we have in the House? I doubt it ever gets off the ground, no matter HOW many laws the man circumvents or breaks outright.

The Scandals have come frequent and roll right off, unfinished and unresolved, just as quickly. He's the "Teflon Don" of politics ....but even Gotti got nailed eventually. Greed and Ego undo the best of men, and Obama never started as very great to compare, in the first place.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Did you have the same opinion about Bush? I didn't think so. Hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

ojdidit

I've got to where I can't stand watching him
Besides, all that comes out of his mouth is intentional deception of the truth.
[

You and me both! I stopped watching his press conferences and such to get information from his mouth. I've grown tired of saying "oh yeah, this one time he said this but then he turned around and did something else". It happens all too often so I just gave up quoting him on newer things.

Not sure if he's the worst president in the world in the entire course of human history but I'd like to say he's probably in the top 25 countdown by now.
edit on 20-11-2013 by Em2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

TerryMcGuire
Thirty activist groups coordinated to organize this big rally?
Bunches of speakers?
Only about 200 people milling around?
Basking in the sun?
Two hundred people?

Lets see now. About 30 speakers and about 200 people.
That's what? About 7 people per speaker????

And about 7 people per activist group.
Basking in the sun.

I've seen similar events. Only they involved 30 bands and a couple hundred people. 7 friends per band. Nothing that any of the bands even bothered to make a fuss about on their Facebook pages.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Obama's ego won't allow a resignation. No matter how bad it gets or how lame duck he becomes as a totally ineffective leader, he won't resign. I don't see his personality having that capability within it as a pure matter.

I know. He should be more like Sarah Palin and just pack it in as soon as he stops enjoying the job. What a megalomaniac that guy is. Everyone knows that presidents are supposed to quit as soon as a percentage of the *American People* (TM) start getting upset over something he said or did, or didn't say or didn't do. I don't know he thinks he's doing, but...

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Just for the sake of argument and clarity here, if Obama's Presidency to this point hasn't been mixed for result, at best ..and largely a policy failure at worst, what would such trouble look like?

We can name at least 6 scandals within the last year's time which are still pending, unresolved and with direct suggestion of White House complicity if not outright involvement.

UN-Employment under this President went from steady 4-5%'s under Bush to 9-10% as the general running average since a few months prior to his taking office...and it's held there since. Now, we find out what DID look like a drop around election time was likely a direct manipulation of figures (which is no small thing for how much needed changed).

Again..what DOES a troubled Presidency look like, if not this one? He's even broken the 40% approval rating, heading downward. That's a line and accomplishment few manage. The last one, in fact, was pretty much as bad as this one in most ways and happened to preceed him in the Office.

Palin is a rank amateur who I'm very glad, in hindsight, never got closer to national office than she had. We'd be worse off today than we are, I'd say. The problem is..the man we DID get is ALSO a rank amateur and it shows in almost everything he does. 5 years was nowhere near the time necessary for "On the job training" in a position that DIRECTLY impacts the life and death of millions, world wide.

Just my thoughts...
edit on 20-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I just can't believe that he is thumbing his nose at the millions of people who are dissatisfied with him and his policies

President Oblivious.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

snarky412
Well, it's starting....whether it's independents, conservatives, liberals or what, the disgruntled American's are slowly coming forward.

Isn't it great to see? And when I see the Tea Parties and the Occupy groups and others put their differences aside to unite on issues with which we all can agree -- drones, NDAA, NSA, etc. -- then I'll be downright gleeful!

I'm firmly convinced that there are more of "us" than "them," but we don't realize it because everything for public consumption is framed within the left-right paradigm. But when you look at the hard numbers, there are more Independents/Third party folks (+/- 40%) than there are either Democrats or Republicans (+/- 30% each). I'm a little amused at the attention being given to both big and little "L" libertarians, both positive and negative, which shows their increasing influence among the masses. If we could break out of this left-right trap, I truly believe we'd have people coming out of the woodwork with creative, innovative and progressive (in the best sense of the word -- apolitical!) ideas to get us out of this crony capitalist rut we're stuck in.

I hate to say it and I don't want to belittle or undermine their effort, but marches/protests in D.C. seem so impractical and unrealistic to me. Most people just do not have the luxury of going to the capitol to protest no matter how disgruntled they are. I'd like to see a coordinated nationwide protest on state capitols and federal buildings, which I think are much more realistic and do-able for most people and would draw larger crowds, putting pressure on our state officials as well as our federal.

new topics

top topics

join