It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I lose my best friend.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Having lost 3 dogs, in the last 3 years, 2 of which only made it to 15 months, I understand your pain. They so quickly become you best friend, partner, therapist, it makes me wonder some times why we continue to go through it. But the short time of pain, is completely outweighed by the lifetime of happy memories of the joy they bring to our lives.

I can't image living life without a dog, even with all the heartache the unavoidable end brings.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
you should watch this movie:

you can always get another dog, I thought you were gonna say you lost a loveone or something.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

spartacus699
I thought you were gonna say you lost a loveone or something.

He did.

If you think a dog is an item of furniture or an object that can be replaced like some worn out shoes then that does not reflect poorly upon dogs. It reflects poorly on you.

And even if you don't "get" dogs. If you cannot read his post and see his loss and empathise and see that this is as bad as you losing someone close to you then that does not reflect poorly on him. It reflects poorly on you.

Some people have yet to be tamed by dogs, it seems.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I still ache when I remember putting down my 17 year old lab.

She was with me more than half my life, to this day I still miss her, and though I have had many dogs since her she will always have a place in my heart.

Being with her and holding her as she went to sleep was one if the most heart wrenching things I ever had to do.

My thoughts are with you.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

It's mighty hard night, I feel your pain. This is the second Animal I've had to have put down in my life and it's not fun. The first was a family cat we literally had all my life at the time. That too was extremely hard.

I still have Brody, and I'm trying to stay strong for her. She is aware something is wrong, she is aware Nimpo isn't home, and if I seem to upset it's going to make her more upset. How ever she seems to like the double walks and extra treats ha ha.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thank you for the warm thoughts. I know she will be with me always, and will wait for me when my time comes many years down the road.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alienjuggalo

Thanks bud, she meant so much to me. I still have another young dog named Brody, who Nimpo helped raise so I'm going to focus my attention on her for now, and if down the road another dog is in the midst so be it.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by windcalmer

Thank you,

I know it will get better. It's already better today. I'm still sad, and I miss her but I've come to terms that she is no longer in pain. We literally had to hold her upright for the pictures we took last night or she was all starfished out on the floor. Still happy, but it was obviously bad, and now that I've gone through with it It was definitely the right thing. There were lots of little things she did I figured weren't so bad but now that I'm not literally taking care of her 24/7 and watch Brody act normal it's painfully obvious anything else would have been wrong for her.

I'm sorry for the loss of your cat.

I know, I did all of the " I wish I" last night, and this morning Brody came and jumped on my bed, and I decided I'll put all the I wish I into Brody. Nimpo was my first dog, She has been there the better half of my life. She helped raise me, and she raised brody from a pup into the wonderful dog she is now. It's okay to be sad, but Brody probably is quite sad herself she just can't express it the ways we can. It will be double walks, double play time, double baths( she loves water ha ha). I can never replace Nimpo Ever, but I can go on and do all the things she used to do for my family and keep her memories alive.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bootifool

I completely agree with you.

Nimpo changed my entire family for the better. She taught us all compassion and love in a way nothing else can. You rarely ever find hollywood perfect love with another human being, how ever that perfect unconditional love is easy to find with our furry four legged friends. She will always be in my heart and in my mind. So will everything she taught me.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I'm not sure of your beliefs and as such this isn't meant to offend but possibly ease the sting of the apparent finality of this type of loss; Repeatedly in my research based on empirical observations of paranormal phenomenon it seems to suggest that life continues (to include those we consider pets and it was not uncommon for the pets to have similar connections on the other side as on this one… just as we supposedly still remain ourselves). This isn't said to state these findings as truth but it came up fairly often when researching the hereafter which I hope may provide a glimmer of bright hope for your distant future.

If that offends you some how or doesn't fit with what you believe or have found then what comes to mind is possibly just trying to hold onto the joy you brought into each other's lives and keep her alive in your memory so the hole left in yourself from her apparent absence is a "thankful for her coming into your life" kind of a tribute vs. lamenting over your loss. It's easier said than done but it may hurt less to think of the good times and be thankful for them/her than giving yourself completely over to the sorrow when it starts to overtake you.

I hope some of this made sense and may possibly be helpful; I meant to say and mean something similar to providing genuine condolences for your loss but doing so has always seemed useless to me so I tried to provide a bit more which as I read it could be hit or miss rambling.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Thank you!

I can't imagine never having a dog in my life either. With all the heart aches, the scares along the way I would do it all over again for her. This was the right choice, yesterday I didn't think so but my love blinded me to how deteriorated her state really was. I walked the dogs seperately over the last few years because of such an age difference. I took brody out for 2 hrs this morning and she was still rearing to go. Even before Nimpo's Legs quit the last year or so maximum she was happy to go was about 30 mins of walking. So It was just time. I can live with that. I will miss her to death, but it was just her time.

I know she will wait for me on the other side, so I always have that to look forward to.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I still have another dog. She is 6, and I've seen that movie.

I did lose a loved one by the way, a love I simply can not put into words nor have I ever shared with another human being.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I absolutely know what you mean. I had Nimpo for the better half of my own life, and I have never cried so hard in my life. Not when I lost my friend, not when I lost my grandparents. Never have I cried like that, and having her in my arms licking me one minute and having her limp, still and starting to get cold was just #ing terrible.

It's absolutely shocking how fast they are gone and nothing can prepare you for that. We had to put the family cat of nearly 19 years down 5 years ago and it was just as awful. There one second just gone the next. She how ever got way worse than Nimpo did. Kali's hips literally gave out, and she was dragging her hind legs one morning and we had to take her in that moment and put her down there was no preparing for it and spending last moments we woke up she was hurt we had to put her down.

Of the two, I would have rather the instant decision because Kali felt more right at first, how ever I'm very happy Nimpo never got to that point. It would have been heartbreaking to have to see her that bad.

As awful as it was, and is to put an animal down I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else in their final moments than by their side. That's still the part that gets me, Nimpo was trying to comfort me licking my tear filled face as she died.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Strayed

It does not offend me at all. I'm not really religious, I've tried to be in the past but it just didn't fit with my experiences. I've experienced quite a few paranormal things in my life, and it shattered any hope of believing anything else. Sure Something like heaven may exist, but I don't believe that's it. Life, and Death are two steps in the progression of something much larger. My dog is no longer on this earth as she was, but she will always be here as long as she chooses to be. She is free now, and learning a completely new way of life. Comet Ison grew in brightness by an order of 6 the day we decided to set her appointment. Last night comet Ison's coma has developed what looks like wings, and I like to imagine it's in honor of her. A little out there, but it makes my heart warm to at least imagine it.

I'm sure Nimpo could very well be sitting next to me in spirit right now. She will always be in my heart and unfortunately I will not know what is on the other side until my time comes. The only thing I do know is she will be there waiting for me, ready to lick my hands tail wagging 200mph.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Bro

All I can say is this, I think you'll understand

Be strong

Cody

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I do understand. I have been listening to a whole bunch of songs actually. Cheesily enough stairway, if I saw you in heaven etc.

These have been my two for her
edit on 20-11-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

benrl
I still ache when I remember putting down my 17 year old lab.

She was with me more than half my life, to this day I still miss her, and though I have had many dogs since her she will always have a place in my heart.

Being with her and holding her as she went to sleep was one if the most heart wrenching things I ever had to do.

My thoughts are with you.

Exactly how I feel about 'Dingo'.....My first:

pic20.picturetrail.com...

This story might help.....It did for me:

weruletheinternet.com...

edit on 20-11-2013 by squarehead666 because: Link Added

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by squarehead666

Thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Hijinx

I still have another dog. She is 6, and I've seen that movie.

I did lose a loved one by the way, a love I simply can not put into words nor have I ever shared with another human being.

ya that's terrible, sorry to hear it. I am planning that if one day I'm old and grey and living by the beach somewhere, if I outlive my gf for some reason, then I'm gonna get a dog to keep me company. That's my plan.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Good Idea man, I live in the mountains dogs feel almost necessary. The misses has 2 cats, I had 2 dogs. I'm sure I will be getting another down the road here, I just can't do it right now. I'd feel like I'm trying to replace her and I don't want to feel like that, and I don't want my other dog Brody to feel like that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join