It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I lose my best friend.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Im sad for you. Ugh...

I had to put my Dixie down last year.. bone cancer. Its been only recently I didnt think I heard her walking around. I still got up in the middle of the night to let her out.. well after she was gone. You live your life not only WITH the animals you identify with... but for them.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

You will do it because you don't want her to suffer and then you will cherish the thoughts of the unconditional love you experienced with this beautiful animal and then you will move on...we always have to move on.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for the support, I still expect to see her at the top of the stairs with the " where the hell have you been look?" when I come home from work. It's getting a little easier now, I smile when I think of these things and don't choke up as much.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I know it was the right thing to do, and I'm starting to feel better about it. It was incredibly hard to do, and I really hope I don't have to do this again for a looooong looooong time. I couldn't watch her fall apart anymore, and I'm sure She's still with me. All the little things get to me still. I had to wash and put her bed away the last night cuz I couldn't stare at the empty space she used to sleep with out missing her so much. It will get better every day though.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Really sad to hear that I also had great dog when I was eight, long time ago so , but after my parents divorced my father gave away my dog to some friend of his
, he wouldn't let me keep him and did it to take back at my mom..

He once let me see him and I asked if I could have him back , he said no , Then I knew this man is not my father the bitterness to giveaway such life companion is devastating and the act even lower as any animal living on this planet, I pity him but do not hate him because , he acts probably the same as he was treated when he was young...

Later I'd heard that my dog Flip died but the one time I saw him for that last time when I parted from him we said goodbye with our eyes and thoughts with tears in my eyes I said "we will see eachother in another life" and I do think he knows...

I hope you have great remembrance of your dog, man's best friend for ages and forever....

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've responded to many so far about losing a dog. It never gets easier. I am lucky enough to have two English bull terriers. unfortunately, the breed doesn't have a long life. They are 7 and 8 right not. They should make it to 10 and a lucky few to 15. But everyday I realize that half of their lives is over. I make it
a real point to love my dogs everyday.

Please honor your friend by rescuing another loving buddy that is sitting somewhere in a metal cage or a hard concrete floor, waiting for you. It's hard to do and you definitely can not "replace" your dog.
But, your dog would be very happy, when looking down from heaven, and seeing you with another dog.
Just like people that love you, dogs don't want you lonely either.

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Aw man, no more doggie gone threads just can't take it!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

So sorry for your loss. I've been there so many times and yet the unconditional love of a dog or cat means that we cannot help but put ourselves through this pain again and again and again.

Like losing anyone you love, not sure the pain ever goes away, but hopefully your memories allow it to at least be bittersweet.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I am so sorry, as I cry at the keyboard. I am older and have had many dogs, but only a couple that were special, that really left a hole in my heart. I just adopted a puppy, had no idea I was going to do that. But daughter found him abandoned and brought him by on her way to humane society. It was like an angel prodded me and said that is your dog. This little guy brings us so much joy, he is Chiweenie.

Temporary is all any of us get. I think dog lovers make the best of that time.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I thought you were gonna say you lost a loveone or something.

If you said that me when I lost my Tyson

Have a heart man.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

a love I simply can not put into words nor have I ever shared with another human being.

I feel you.

My sympathies and condolences sent your way.

I lost my Tyson last year, he was 6, He died In my arms as well, I wasn't expecting it and even if I was there is nothing to prepare you like you say.

Sonja is 4 going on to 5 soon in January and she keeps me going these days.

thats Tyson

and thats Tyson with Sonja on the right side of the couch,

Here is a little poem that I believe in and I believe someone already mentioned it, "The rainbow bridge"

www.illusionkennels.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join