It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red, blue, white, green colored light in sky...low, sat for a while and then left.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Was this a UFO? I got up around midnight and looked out my window and saw it sitting bright and low in the sky, above the trees.

I watched it for almost half an hour with binoculars. I wish i had a camera, then I would have taken a picture. I zoomed in on it however, and it appeared to have lights around a round body, blinking fast, red, green, white, and blue.

It wasn't a star, because it moved away later on, farther off, so the tree tops covered it-and I couldn't see anymore.

It might have been my first ufo sighting! :0 I'm kind of excited and uncertain. I'd feel pretty stupid if it was some hovering plane or something mundane.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Lunette
Was this a UFO? I got up around midnight and looked out my window and saw it sitting bright and low in the sky, above the trees.

To the west?

Lunette
with binoculars. blinking fast, red, green, white, and blue.

Can you describe how is that distinct from scintillation?

Lunette
It wasn't a star, because it moved away later on, farther off, so the tree tops covered it-and I couldn't see anymore.

When you say "away", do you mean to the left or right, or just straight down?

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Maybe it was this space debry
www.satflare.com...

or did it look like this here

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It moved away, like when you watch a plane head straight away from you, it just started lower and lower into horizon until I couldn't see it anymore.

The lights lit up fast, circular pattern. I think it might of had a top part too, it was shaped not totally round. I seen videos on Youtube trying to see what it was. Saw some videos, but there's weren't the same.

I think it went north-west, yeah, I'm pretty sure,

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sounds like maybe Sirius? Its a colorful blinky star. One of the more interesting ones to look at. I usually see it lower on the horizon here in Ohio.

ETA I like to use Google Skymap on my phone to confirm cases of ufo vs star. I think its a free app.
edit on 15-11-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Trillium
Maybe it was this space debry
www.satflare.com...

or did it look like this here

1. The "space debry" [sic] came down days ago, and even if it hadnt it still wouldnt sit still in one place like the OP describes.

2. An iridium flare only lasts for a matter or seconds, and moves like a satellite because it is one. Doesnt even remotely fit the description in the OP at all, at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Lunette
it just started lower and lower into horizon until I couldn't see it anymore.

I think it went north-west, yeah, I'm pretty sure,

So in other words, it behaved exactly like a star setting in the north west?
Edit - Vega sets about 5 hours after sunset, in the north west.

edit on pmFridayfpm1 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

Hehe..relax it's OK..no one was there but you.

Either it was real or....

Like one time years ago I awoke at 3 am and saw looking due east...a bright flashing star... while at the same time a car alarm was going off in the parking lot across the way...for 20 minutes not my mind but my colon was blown!

Not poking fun..only at me...but don't let anyone take something away from you. Just keep that image in your head.
Also it's not always out of this world...

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

saw it sitting bright and low in the sky, above the trees.

The lower on the horizon bright stars and planets appear the more atmosphere their light has to penetrate to reach our eye. The more "twinkly" they will appear to us. You can test that on any clear night. Look at all the stars you can see on the horizon and note that they blink and color shift (scintillate).

Then look straight up and note that the stars right overhead don't blink as much. Thats because you are looking through less atmosphere.

Astronomers well know that atmospheric shimmy from heat and dust, etc., in the night sky are less prevalent in the wee hours before dawn. The Sun is on the other side of the earth so the night sky is blackest , the heat of the previous day has dissipated, and the stars for viewing in telescopes are the steadiest they can be. The higher off the horizon the better the viewing.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

Not to burst your bubble but those are the standard color for running lights on all aircraft.

Just saying.......

The Bot

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know it wasn't a star. When I first saw it, it was a bit west in the sky, and it slowly crawled a bit north and then a bit east until it was closer to the tree line.

I don't know any air craft that can just sit there like that, but you never know. ^_^

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Sure sounds like a star to me.

Blinking red, blue, green etc. Check
Stayed still for a long time. Check
Moved after a period of time. Check.

I would say star is my best guess.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

Check the position out again at the same time. If conditions are good then you will probably see it again? You'll be amazed how stars and planets can fool sky watchers.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Ok, will do. I checked last night, same time, but it is a cloudy winter looking sky, so not even a single star. :/

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Lunette
I know it wasn't a star. When I first saw it, it was a bit west in the sky, and it slowly crawled a bit north and then a bit east until it was closer to the tree line.

I don't know any air craft that can just sit there like that, but you never know. ^_^

That would depend on the aircraft direction relative to you! ie moving directly away from or towards you they can almost look stationary for many seconds.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i have seen the same thing, def wasnt a star it hovered and went up and down, it also changed form white. to red like full on red no shimmer, then would go out. for several seconds. it retained altitude and then turned the brightest white. before turning green then going out again, and finally just disappearing. i will pul the vid off my phone and post it later. maybe you can help me figure this out.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lostgonzogamer

i am with you on that. but with my binoculars i could see it moving in a figure 8 path, and the intensity stayed the same throughout it was wild, ive seen stars shimmer diff colors but never with this intensity, it looked as if it was only a few miles away.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

I have seen this thing too in the northwestern sky, when we have no clouds, but it has been cloudy for some time now, it flashes red, green and white and is very bright. Not sure of your location but I am north of lake Erie in southwestern Ontario.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What you're seeing is most likely a planet.

What would be useful is to tell the approximate time you saw it and what direction you are looking as well as where you are located.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Lunette

I watched it for almost half an hour with binoculars. I wish i had a camera, then I would have taken a picture. I zoomed in on it however, and it appeared to have lights around a round body, blinking fast, red, green, white, and blue.

It might have been my first ufo sighting! :0 I'm kind of excited and uncertain. I'd feel pretty stupid if it was some hovering plane or something mundane.

Normally I would have suggested Sirius ... but for the fact that you said it moved away.

Your description actually sounded like my 1st UFO sighting on the 26th December 1994 ... the colour sequence and the fact that in my case the thing was sitting still in the sky for about 3 full minutes then it shot down really quickly at a 45 degree angle (N.E) in the sky ... stopped abruptly ... did a few more of the colour sequence light flashes ... then quite slowly it appeared to move backwards in the sky until it eventually vanished from sight.

My son was with me at the time and we both watched in silence before looking at each other and asking 'did you see that' simultaneously.

To my limited knowledge of stars / space debri etc they don't usually move like that lol

Woody )O(

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join