It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Lies That Satan Tell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by WarminIndy

I know a few people who practice Santeria too. They're all Catholics!

Even Voodoo synchronizes Catholicism. But Santeria was just one example, the form I was talking about, was the one beyond, the one the OP was talking about.

Don't think I don't know, my brother was one. I know other people who were as well, and not one of them, including my brother, were Catholic.

You know as well as I do which one the OP meant. Stick to picking on us Christians.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Well, I consider myself as "in the occult", but I don't worship demons. I have had spiritual contact with other beings, though. I read Tarot cards, they're amazing! I Calculate astrological charts and meditate. I practice mind over matter magic.

"Occult" doesn't equal evil. You can find evil people involved everything, even Christianity.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Akragon

WarminIndy

Akragon

2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by Akragon

I use to be in the occult worshipping demons before I turned my life over to Jesus Christ, trust me when I say that its much better on this side or to say the Winning side.

The flesh reaps destruction of the body, mind, and soul. The Spirit within true Christians reaps righteousness and life to the body, mind and soul.

You were "IN the occult" were you? lol

Occult means hidden knowledge... Not necessarily worshiping demons...

Interesting that you define it in that manner... but it is good to know you "used to" worship Satan... LMAO!!

Did you happen to know that Jesus didn't come to deal with the "righteous"... but sinners?

ye got some work ahead of you my friend

Then you have no idea what the occult followers actually do.

Do you know left handed people, they were all called sinister at one time also. Those people who say "occult" know what they are talking about. This is one area I suggest to you to not underestimate nor take lightly. Pick on us Christians a bit more, but the area he is talking about, I suggest you stay away from.

I know people who practiced Santeria. I suggest you just simply keep picking on us Christians.

EDIT: You are really being ignorant about them. They already know every argument that you have and already know how to dissect everything you say. When I hear someone say "I was in the occult" I know what they mean and know that they do not have your best interest at heart.
edit on 11/13/2013 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

And you think I pick on Christians do you... heh

I've studied quite a bit on "the occult"... and I've found that those who make the statement " I was in the occult" haven't got a clue what they're talking about. As if "the occult" is some sort of religion LOL

99% of the time its a Christian... trying to push their own beliefs such as the OP is doing... as we've all seen...

And while its true there is great ignorance in this thread... Somehow I doubt its me displaying said trait...

edit on 13-11-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I know you were in the "occult".

That's just like my brother who was "into something". Do you really know which one he was talking about?

As you have trouble believing there is a transcendent being, therefore no other beings because to you the spiritual realm does not exist, but to the rest of us who know, we don't need your approval or blessing. But you would never hear me saying I would ever worship that. I would never and I would never say it as a joke.

You just don't know everything, so those of us who do know the things you don't, it's better just to not mention it. But it seems that for you, if you ignore it, it will go away. Right?

It only exists if it exists in your mind. Right?

I don't need your blessing to tell me what I already know.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's not really a negative judgment, more of an observation based on ah.. personal experience.

It's kind of funny that no one has a problem with Buddhism when they say that you do not exist, but lots of people have a problem with Christianity which states that you true self and nature is exalted, recognized, celebrated.

I used to think that Buddhism and Christianity were two sides of the same coin, until I realize that Christianity while adopting oneness never denies the context and the framework by which people are real people and thus capable of freely loving and accepting each other as we are, unique and individual.

So yeah if someone tried to tell me that there's no one there, no one here, and no one to love, and nothing to desire, I'd be forced to laugh out loud and call them on it. They would of course claim that it's my ego who is speaking, my "contracted" self, and that there would be nothing to argue if only I came to realize that there's no one there to begin with, either on my end or theirs... but if that isn't BS what is it?

Don't get me wrong I've studied it, read books by Alan Watts, I've given it due consideration, and it's absurd. That it knows it's absurd is the only credit it might be due, whatever "it" is.

Why, you think you know something about Zen?

edit on 13-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

windword

Well, I consider myself as "in the occult", but I don't worship demons. I have had spiritual contact with other beings, though. I read Tarot cards, they're amazing! I Calculate astrological charts and meditate. I practice mind over matter magic.

"Occult" doesn't equal evil. You can find evil people involved everything, even Christianity.

And hence, the difference. There are those who do practice the dark arts and a being that they have placed the term "Satan" onto, and there are those who have brought forth demons. You know this as well as I do.

It has become a joke in recent years, to downplay everything. But dabblers aren't hardcore, and you know there are very hardcore out there.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The assumptions in this thread are mind blowing!! LMAO!!

I wasn't "in the occult" its not something you can be "in"... that was the point I was trying to make with the creator of this silly thread

You do know that when you ASSUME.... You make an ASS... Out of U... Not ME

don't you?

Geez... Some of you guys make my head hurt

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why, you think you know something about Zen?

Nope... I don't know anything...

just a cool cat watching the winds in the hearts of men blow...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I know that my mom was a Christian and she prayed to God to make life hard for me, so that I would return to "Him." When "God" didn't work fast enough for her, she did God's work for him. She turned many co-worker against me, got me fired from many jobs, and kicked out of many living situations. So, yeah, I know about hard core dark arts.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It's kind of funny that no one has a problem with Buddhism when they say that you do not exist, but lots of people have a problem with Christianity which states that you true self and nature is exalted, recognized, celebrated.

Unless you're gay!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

We're not all ignorant, conservative fundamentalist "evangelicals" (some "Good News").

In my part of "the mansion", even though I'm straight, gays are more than welcome.

They tend to love more and are more kind hearted and playful, more childlike.

So you're mistaken - God loves all his children, straight and gay.

Some Christians will have a lot of tears to shed some day let me tell you.

Best Regards,

NAM

P.S. I should add that our true nature isn't sexual, but um trans-sexual.. in other words our deepest desire for intimacy and unity, togetherness, play and mutual recognition, is greater than sex, although the gay person might rejoice in the notion that all Christians are "female" as the bride of Christ.. : )

In fact, some homosexuality may be due in part to this notion that we are all searching for the love of God in a heartfelt relationship between beloved and beloved other, who came to this world, as a man. Imagine that!?!

As a lover of the Lord, and someone who has fallen in love with him, although I'm straight, at another level I'm also kind of gay, and Jesus did say in the Gnostic Gospel of John (edit: Thomas) that male and female must become one and the same, well here's the quote in context

They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

gnosis.org...

go to the link well worth the read.

Maybe the LGBT community and the Bible and Jesus have more in common than we might have thought at first blush..?

Maybe that denial too might have something to do with all the Christian hatred directed their way..

edit on 13-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Not all Christians are so judgemental, but the Bible DOES say this:

Romans 1:29

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death

That's a LOT of stuff worthy of death!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

that was Thomas my friend... there is no "gnostic gospel of john"

there is however the secret book of John... Good read btw

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

windword

Not all Christians are so judgemental, but the Bible DOES say this:

Romans 1:29

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death

That's a LOT of stuff worthy of death!

keep in mind who wrote that book...

The "chief" of all sinners... as he called himself

How very appropriate

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Those people are dead already. Come along and leave the dead to bury their dead..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He tried his best to hold together the early church. Shame on you for trying to demonize your brother Paul.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
reply to post by Akragon

He tried his best to hold together the early church. Shame on you for trying to demonize your brother Paul.

Shame me if you will... Matters not to me...

I don't know the person Paul was... he might have been an amazing person... Who am I to judge him.

He also could have been a complete prick... who knows

I do however know his writing... and he fails to convince me he knew anything about Jesus...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

windword

I know that my mom was a Christian and she prayed to God to make life hard for me, so that I would return to "Him." When "God" didn't work fast enough for her, she did God's work for him. She turned many co-worker against me, got me fired from many jobs, and kicked out of many living situations. So, yeah, I know about hard core dark arts.

So because your mom was nuts means we all are?

And come on, be honest, you know exactly what I was talking about.

Do I need to post links and sources? But those links and sources don't tell the whole story, of which you know about. I can't help that you had a dysfunctional mother, but we all are not your mother. You keep pointing at us like we are to blame for your mother's dysfunctionalism. Can you tell me which one of us on ATS did all that to you?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I have a serious question that the following part of your post reminded me of. I wonder if you'd mind lending your thoughts.

...his lies have no end, except at the Great Work of Jesus Christ Lord and Savior, in response to which the devil is silenced, and double-bound.

If he is silenced and double-bound, then how does he escape to tempt mankind over and over again?
And really, in the Garden of Eden, when God transformed him into a serpent to be crushed under the heels of humanity... how did he regain his powers again?

In short, if he was already defeated by God, then why is he still around with the same evil powers he always had?

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Akragon

The assumptions in this thread are mind blowing!! LMAO!!

I wasn't "in the occult" its not something you can be "in"... that was the point I was trying to make with the creator of this silly thread

You do know that when you ASSUME.... You make an ASS... Out of U... Not ME

don't you?

Geez... Some of you guys make my head hurt

This bush beating is really getting tiring.

Why is it when you hear these things, you immediately jump to "it ain't true" but do you ever go to their websites and forum and post it there?

THE NINE SATANIC STATEMENTS by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1969
1. Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
2. Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
5. Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development", has become the most vicious animal of all!
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
9. Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

Who wrote this? Oh yes, the same man who performed sex rituals of women with an entity they called forth...so yeah, the man was just a dabbler and that being, was just all their imagination.

And one of his followers, imagine this, was Kenneth Anger who scored not only Rosemary's Baby and music for Bobby Beausoleil. And wait, who was Bobby Beausoleil? Oh yes, he was a follower of Charles Manson. But he is the most famous and hyped. But you know as well as I do there are those who read the Satanic Bible and do what it says.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

This is the key passage here.

In religion, the one who sinned the most also knows factually that there is a God, and despised HIM out of jealousy... he is, without excuse.

The above passages (and subsequent punishments) are for the one who sins willfully with all knowledge of truth... not someone who is simply ignorant of it.

Who in your mind is more worthy of punishment? Someone who thought (mistakenly) that you were wealthy and stole enough to feed their family because they were starving? Or someone who knew they just stole the last dime you had to eat with so they could go and party?

There are differences in everything... one must look with understanding.

edit on 13-11-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join