It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia To Acquire New 'Exclusive' Nukes, Putin.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Darth Ruin [US Hegemony] : The USA has threatened in the past few years [off the top of my head] Canada, France, Germany ,NK, Iran, Syria, Libya China , some latin American countries ...etc etc

SHadowXIX [Power Balance]: Those periods of history with aggressive powers like Greece Rome mongolians etc...You do realise all these regimes built there power on slaughter and slavery ...these are periods of imbalance, not balance.

SHadowXIX; The NK/SK situation was well on its way to a political solution in the 1990s due to the staggering poverty of the north. It just required the West lead by the americans to "build a golden bridge of retreat". By adding them to the 'axis of evil', you gave them no choice but to revert to WMD for there PERCIEVED security. Iran was in a similar situation , with the moderating influences well on their way to destabilise the theocracy.

By Villifing both regimes you tipped the balance in the direction of force as the solution. If I where in their shoes , I would be pursuiting nuclear arms too....Damb straight! As a point of interest , no country that openly possess nuclear arms has yet to be invaded or attacked, thus the objective POV is that nucs bring security

[edit on 20-11-2004 by psteel]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If the nuke flys into orbit in a half parabla path, and manuveres wildy making the end phase untouched. the ABL will be able to get its boost-phase. If tentions rise, dont you think a couple of ABL will be over the area to guard?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think Russia has every right to develop these new nukes, they then still have for certain the MAD thing with Russia, they can assure that is the US (For whatever reason, I can't think of one) Decide to attack them with nuclear, they can assure that they will have the same treatment too. And I serverly doubt Kim is mad enough to nuke the US, even if he is off his rocker.

And Trying out these weapons on humans? The US has done plenty of Inhumane experiments, all nations have, don't kid yourself with the humanity issue, research it, come on, there is plenty of evidence. Every nation has done some inhumane experiments, it jsut because 'Oh, North Korea is evil, let put all the bad stuff we can in the public eye to get their support'.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by psteel

SHadowXIX [Power Balance]: Those periods of history with aggressive powers like Greece Rome mongolians etc...You do realise all these regimes built there power on slaughter and slavery ...these are periods of imbalance, not balance.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by psteel]

I dont know if Eygpt can fit into that mold since slavery was not used to the extent there as many people first believed.Like the pyramids were not made by large armies of slaves.

The monogolians are also getting a bad rap thanks to history. History is written by the victors but not in the case of the Mongolians since they had no written language at the time, history was written by the people they defeated. And they were not kind or fair to Genghis Khan or his people.

Genghis Khan was not the monster people made him out to be. When he ruling most of the world we created a number of new laws. One of which was freedom of religon. He opened up trade to the whole of the world in a way never before seen.

Greece, Egypt ,Rome ,Mongolia these where some of the greatest times for human advancement during the reign of these world powers. Look what happened after the fall of the Roman Empire with no world power to take its place. What did we get when the power was more fairly balanced after Rome? The Dark Ages hundreds of years of wars and no advancements from humans.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
If the nuke flys into orbit in a half parabla path, and manuveres wildy making the end phase untouched. the ABL will be able to get its boost-phase. If tentions rise, dont you think a couple of ABL will be over the area to guard?

well... in service since 1988 - RS-12M, Topol has 3 minute boost phase

there are both land, sea and mobile Topol versions

is that enough time for successfull interseption?

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
SHadowXIX all those regimes relied on conquest and slaughter to succeed in terriorising the world around them and enslavement was an essential part of this. The idea was comparison with USA today....is that the route /model you intend to follow?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
"Coneventional and Non-conventional. One could be used feasibly, without assuring world-wide catastrophel. The other would cause the..er.. vaporization of half the globe above water? What part 'conventional' don't you understand? It applies to a weapon you would use to decimate a few thousand people and structures in say... downtown New York, but not anywhere else. No fallout futher than Jersey. Get it?"

Torus: are you kidding me? I was trying to be funny. There is no 'conventional' nuke. There are however, different yields for nuclear weapons that dictate the size of the explosion as well as fallout in the aftermath. Historically, weapons of great destruction were categorized into conventional (basic explosives) and nuclear (splitting of the atom) weapons.

Comprende?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   
"Darth Ruin [US Hegemony] : The USA has threatened in the past few years [off the top of my head] Canada, France, Germany ,NK, Iran, Syria, Libya China , some latin American countries ...etc etc "

Put another load into that bong PSSTEEL. We threatened Canada (REMEMBER NAFTA)? France? Germany? With what? No importation of Hockey? Mustard? Sour kraut?

Me thinks you are a little bitter and probably a french-canadian. After all, what could canada do if we really threatened it? Whine like the bitches that they are of course because Canada has no real place of importance in the World.

No offense really. Canadian women are pretty nice looking. We Hegemonous American males like to threaten-conquer canadian females........

IBM

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THIS FOLKS. WATCH THIS VIDEO:

funnyjunk.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by titus

Originally posted by Laxpla

well... in service since 1988 - RS-12M, Topol has 3 minute boost phase

there are both land, sea and mobile Topol versions

is that enough time for successfull interseption?

Topol has 3 minute boost phase
What time is Topol M Boost phase ???

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
^^^I had a similar query with the BRAHMOS interception regarding the boost phase...help??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is messed up.. Stop trying to make missles that exploded after you have been killed a thousand times over by another country's nukes and rather construct some kind of shield that emps the hell out of the missle.

Come on space exploration thread I need to move to another planet!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Topol Ms has been tested with positive outcome -
News:

Russia has successfully tested a modernized anti-ballistic missile system, Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov told President Vladimir Putin on Monday, according to the Interfax news agency.

Ivanov told Putin that his ministry would "further perfect and modernize the anti-ballistic missile system," the news agency reported.

He said the anti-ballistic missile had passed its test on Monday morning at the Sary-Shagaz testing range in the former Soviet republic of Kazakhstan.

Ivanov said earlier that Russia would test-fire a mobile version of the new Topol-M missile before the year's end and would commission it next year.

Topol-Ms have a range of about 6,000 miles and reportedly can maneuver in ways that are difficult to detect. The missile, which can intercept and destroy other missiles, has been deployed in silos since 1998..

nuclear race started again???

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lider
Topol has 3 minute boost phase
What time is Topol M Boost phase ???

"the Topol-M has a short-duration boost phase (shorter by a factor of 4.5 than boost phases of older ICBMs such as the SS-18, which has a five-minute boost phase),"

guess that means... 66 seconds

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join