It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes I'm so bored and unmotivated that I can't even get out of bed????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm going to add a link, it takes about 4 minutes to read (You're not doing anything right? at least right now? Yeah? ...) www.sunfell.com...

I'd pick anything other than getting on some Rx med for "depression" especially with the forthcoming "death squads" You're NOT depressed, You've just come to the conclusion that "it" isn't about You. Obviously You already KNOW that $$$ is not the "goal" For the last 15 years a day hasn't gone by that You weren't working for or yearning for $$$ so why invite more into Your Life?

You are what You think. If You think You're depressed, You will manifest that depression. Why NOT try and manifest what it is that You want? Get a dog or 4, see how long You sit around and "mope"

Now, before You sign up for some Thorazine™ or some other "poison" that the Western Dr. will want to prescribe for You... What season of the year do You prefer? You may be born of "pitta" and like it "warm", Heck, My ecological niche is Flori-DUH, and I'm having to now wear long sleeved shirts when I go fishing.

If I was "un-attached" to other living beings (4 dogs and 1 wife, SWMBO She Who Must Be Obeyed) I'd travel, You are in a weather related slump (there is some name for the malady) or in a rut, in other words You're "bored"

Since I changed My personal thinking, I've "cured MySelf" of PTSD, 2 cancers, high cholesterol and hypertension. I have the "good insurance" from a previous job w/an "alpha bet agency" and since My lil' switcheroo in thinking, I AM now $800/month "richer" that at One time went for 2 anti-depressants, and other Rx meds.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I got cut off there...

Do You do any meditation? Before You go traipsing into a Dr. office and getting a script or 3 for some Thorazine™ If You didn't open the link, that is fine. If You didn't read My lengthy soliloquy, that too is fine. But I hope that You at least take this advice:

"Meditation before any medications" The answer is inside. You're being swamped with "too many thoughts" Your mind is too busy. Two things You can't do squat about: The "Past" and the "future" this leaves You the NOW.

Who is the ONLY person that can "change" Your thinking? And what someOne thinks about You is none of Your business.

If Your current "mood" is indeed Low testosterone try and get One "over the counter" Of course, this depends on what You're prescribed NOW.

You are what You think.

namaste

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Diabolical

You sound a little depressed to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its crude, but what i tell my kids:

Grab yourself up by the balls and drag yourself out there.

Depression can be clinical. It can also be habitual. You can beat both with the right treatment. Clinical needs medication. Habitual needs change of habit.

Force yourself to do something.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Its crude, but what i tell my kids:

Grab yourself up by the balls and drag yourself out there.

Depression can be clinical. It can also be habitual. You can beat both with the right treatment. Clinical needs medication. Habitual needs change of habit.

Force yourself to do something.

That very good advice.A lot of the its a mixture of both. Easier said than done, but something that has to be done. Even if its clinical and you get treatment, you still have to motivate yourself and make changes or you get a relapse.

I think first things first you need to see a doctor.

After that try and find a hobby or something your intrested in to do and keep busy.

O and exercise. I hate exercise buts its amazing what 30 minutes a day can do.
edit on 6-11-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Diabolical
It's not Depression, it's just pure laziness getting the better of you. Get your butt up and clean the house or go do some yard work.

At the risk of getting a warning .... You are an idiot. Get off the boards.
If I had a ban-hammer you'd be gone. Dangerous 'advice' you have given out.

Depression or malaise or something else could easily be wrong.
Go to the doctor. And if you don't get an answer that is reasonable ... go to another.

edit on 11/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
my advice to you would be to spend as much time outside your home as possible....

working out releases Endorphins that will help break the depressive cycle... i would also suggest doing things like visiting Museums or art galleries.. these types of places are filled with great ideas and creative influences, just being in the vicinity of such things will open your mind to new ideas and possibilities...

also you could maybe try and take a class to learn a new skill, i spend my free time learning languages i find it extremely helpful when i feel bored and unmotivated...

if none of this appeals to you think of something that will take you outside your comfort zone, sometimes being in a situation you usually don't find yourself in opens your mind to new ideas that previously wouldn't have occurred to you..

hope this helps, i wish you all the best

edit on 6/11/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
jeebus spartucus stop being a girl .you see a lot of animals at the doctors complaining of boredom and depression
positive mental thinking .

get out of your lazy bed lay back in that hot tub with a bottle of wine [ do not take your laptop to contact ats you might get fried ] .

and thats all i got to say on that

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I find it funny how some of you can't face the truth of what it is really is. Your part of the problem. Maybe you should get off the computer and find a hobby.

You just want to sit there reaping the benefits while everyone else has to sit there and work for it.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Hi!
I agree with the poster who mentioned endorphins.
And then there's SAD too. Seasonal Affective Disorder.
My hubby was diagnosed with it at least 25 years ago, before it was so well known.

It seems like most people get it in the winter, but Oct was always horrible for him!
Could have had something to do with the time change back then,
plus he was working nights, sleeping days, never saw the sun at all!

Try forcing yourself to take a walk. Even better if it's a nice sunny day!
Do it as an experiment. See if you feel any better afterwards.
If you do, then that could be part of it.

Vitamins help, take a multi & some extra B, C, D & magnesium & zinc.
People who live in the northern latitudes are usually deficient in D.
They say you need at least 15 minutes of sunlight a day
for the body to make the minimum it needs.
Do some reading on it, it helped him a lot.
Better than drugs with side effects as a first step.

Think back to when you were working & had no free time.
What was it you wished you would have had more time to do?
If it's doable, look into that for something to do.

Volunteer at a retirement home
or play cards with an elderly neighbor who lives alone.
A little company would mean the world to someone who never has any visitors!
Help with easy repairs around their home.
Fix a leaky faucet, tighten a loose railing,
even change a light bulb in a ceiling fixture.
Easy things to do that would mean a lot to them!

Nothing makes you feel better & gives you a sense of satisfaction,
like seeing the difference a little thing makes for someone else!
You'll probably have to force yourself at first, even trick yourself!
Just tell yourself 'it's just this once', & see if it makes a difference.

Baby steps. If it helps...there's your sign!
If, after a good try, nothing changes, see the doc.
But not one that is just going to just throw a prescription at you
without doing a little digging!

Good luck in your quest!
WOQ

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have never felt so angry, some of you people here on ATS, have no idea what danger you can cause to others by what responses you write within threads such as this one today…

I have suffered with depression for most of my life and it is not something that you can just shake off when I want to, it is not as easy as that...

Chronic depression is an unwanted weight around your neck that lingers and lingers, sometimes death/suicide seems like the only answer to get any relief, I know, I have been there; it is the darkest and loneliest place imaginable…

Even though I have been accessing professional/medical support for many years, I am still suffering on a day to day basis…

I have a very rare health condition called Acromegaly, which means that I had to have a brain tumor removed from my Pituitary Gland, which in turn played havoc with the way that my body and mind functions and made me even worse than what I was before the tumor was removed…

My mind is governed by something that I have no control over, therefore taking the dog for a walk or drinking a glass of wine in the bath is both a stupid and futile exercise and will make no difference whatsoever...

For those of you that think that it is just about taking the dog for a walk, joining a leisure club activity, cleaning the yard or having a positive frame of mind, have no idea what the hell you are talking about. If you did know what you were talking about, then you wouldn't utter such imbecilic utterances…

I think members should be more supportive towards others, not drive them even further into the ground…

Sometimes I think that the MODS do not do enough in these situations in order to prevent things like this happening again in the future. That is probably because they don't fully understand the dangers that certain responses have towards others that are actually seeking assistance and support, basically a cry for help…

ATS members don't realise that they can cause more harm than good by their idiotic responses. This sort of thread is not a funny game that is being played, try and show some kind of respect towards others, otherwise just keep your ideas to yourselves and refrain from writing responses that can do a lot more harm than good…

Sometimes it takes great bravery to come out with a cry for help, but to have responses such as the ones put forward in such a childish manner like today is just disgusting and disrespectful...

This is the most anger I have felt in the three years I have been visiting ATS. I believe that the intelligence level on this site has worsened and most of the time the threads have become more childish compared to what they used to be. I don’t know what has happened recently, but something needs to be done to change for the better…

What I have written is part of my case history; everybody has their own, everybody situation is different, so try and be respectful of that fact…

Just remember that one day you may want support, but who is going to give it to you if this is the way that you treat others?

Yours utterly pissed off…

Davethebear……

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I SAW THIS AND THOUGHT OF YOU DAVE

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

geobro

I SAW THIS AND THOUGHT OF YOU DAVE

Thanx, that is a great song, and also very true. The drugs I take/have taken really do not work, but I keep on trying to find a way out of the darkness.........

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Diabolical
I find it funny how some of you can't face the truth of what it is really is. Your part of the problem. Maybe you should get off the computer and find a hobby.

Please check out these quotes.

Until you've had depression I don't think you're qualified to talk about it.
-- Geoffrey Boycott

A lot of people don't realize that depression is an illness. I don't wish it on anyone, but if they would know how it feels, I swear they would think twice before they just shrug it.
-- Jonathan Davis

OK, I rarely say things like this to another member, but I agree with some of the other comments that you're really not being helpful to the OP. I also find it interesting that you seem compelled to keep posting in this thread, telling people with real illnesses to simply "buck up." Hmm...is that your mother's or father's voice resounding in your posts? And, was it an accident that you ended up living with a depressed person for years? (Rhetorical questions, but I truly wish you love and healing of any deep old wounds.) Also, be mindful of what you criticize in others. Karma can be a big ol' ugly bi-atch!

Now for the OP...here are some quotes about depression from other people who said it way better than I could.

That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end. The fog is like a cage without a key.
--Elizabeth Wurtzel

Often, we ignore the fact that our spiritual condition and psychological state of mind are highly affected by what is happening to us physically. Sometimes depression is simply the result of exhaustion.
-- Tony Campolo

Depression is rage spread thin.
-- George Santayana

Depression begins with disappointment. When disappointment festers in our soul, it leads to discouragement.
-- Joyce Meyer

Human bodies are designed for regular physical activity. The sedentary nature of much of modern life probably plays a significant role in the epidemic incidence of depression today. Many studies show that depressed patients who stick to a regimen of aerobic exercise improve as much as those treated with medication.
-- Andrew Weil

If you don't think your anxiety, depression, sadness and stress impact your physical health, think again. All of these emotions trigger chemical reactions in your body, which can lead to inflammation and a weakened immune system. Learn how to cope, sweet friend. There will always be dark days.
-- Kris Carr

OP, I understand what you're feeling. You're not alone. It wouldn't hurt to do a little self-inventory and see if there's any exhaustion, rage or disappointment/discouragement lurking there. I wish you well.

Love,

Grace

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

got the same problem with drugs dave they dont work on me for some reason the only thing is vallium i take 1 and lights out yet i know junkies who can do 50 every day .

i got tablets for sciattica dihydrocodine /smack and was doing 30 a day just to get me through my work gabbapentine etc i at one time thought the doctors were pulling the p with me until i saw the effects they had on others .

i am one of those people who can take enough stuff to kill most people and not be affected i even call junkies wooses and tell them to bang up 5cc of spirits instead of what they do one guy did what i said and came back and told me it was the maddest thing he had done i smoked it /jabbed it and still waiting for the hit .

drink and vallium are the only thing that work on me but the mind is a power full thing if used right sitting about and wondering why you are depressed will not help with a lot of people

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

You stated that you would like to start something new... That's a start. What do you like to do? Write on a piece of paper the things you like and things you don't like, then work from that. Start anew, doing something that makes you feel alive again and happy.. A brisk walk and a prayer may give you your answer. May God bless the works of your hands. You WILL do some great things!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Diabolical
Here's another little tidbit, I lived with a depressed person for over 2 years and thank goodness it didn't wear off on me, it almost did. But, it amazes me when you don't want to do nothing, you have every excuse in the book. But, when it suits your fancy, you'll move your behind like no tomorrow. Depression, is an excuse to cry "woe is me" 24/7 and that's all it is. You want everyone to feel sorry for you, well, I'm not going to. Get off your behind and make your life better if you want it to change. You can't expect everyone to do everything for you.

Your probably just burn-out.
edit on 6-11-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

This is the post of a person who should work in a mental hospital, in a purely clinical (non-forensic) setting, for a couple of years. He/she/it would be amazed at how many people develop actual psychosis (delusions, hallucinations, and catatonia) from their diagnosis of "laziness".

It might, in the interim, be prudent to not allow the personal experience of living with 1 person for 2 years to paint the picture for the entire population. Especially given that clinical depression can have a series of relapse in the treatment processes making actual clinical intervention (beyond simple medicinal solutions) necessary over periods well beyond just 2 years.

I think Yoda put it best when he said, "The ignorance is strong in this one".

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Hanksworld

You stated that you would like to start something new... That's a start. What do you like to do? Write on a piece of paper the things you like and things you don't like, then work from that. Start anew, doing something that makes you feel alive again and happy.. A brisk walk and a prayer may give you your answer. May God bless the works of your hands. You WILL do some great things!!!!

Last reply and I am out of this thread, I promise....

But this made my day so much brighter reading it that, even though I am now going to bed, I think it may shine through till tomorrow, too.

You seem so genuine, despite my cynical side.
Thank you for that. You actually made me smile.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well there's a big difference between all out depression and a person who feels blahhh once in a while. No I don't go see Dr's for anything. I need them, I don't trust them, I don't care for them. If I'm half dead I might go otherwise I'm fine.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join