It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your Horror Stories About Neighbours From Hell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
We Have a Neighbour from hell and it is destroying our life.
He and his partner have called the Police 3 times and the city 2 times on us.
They are so combative that even the smallest thing will become a major issue with the cops sure to show up.

Of the three cop calls and the 2 city calls none were of any violation of city rules here.
In fact they were warned to stop calling or become "a no answer call"
Well what do you do?....Just today I was cleaning out the eaves and my friendly neighbour was walking the property line making sure that not one leaf fell on his property.

I am sure there are many more "Horror Stories" out their about Neighbours from hell and I can tell you that it is not fun at all.

This has been going on so long that we are seriously considering selling and relocating to a new home.
Even when the cops tell me not to worry about the bitching from the Neighbous we still do.
This is no way to live but what to do?

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Not long ago I lived in a peaceful town. A new neighbor arrived who wanted to get away to the quiet and peace of the country .......... along with his bloody trail bikes running around on his 1/2 acre block in the middle of the town. He and his two kids going around and around and around with lots and lots of unnecessary revving and of course his mufflers were made in Hell by Satan no less. Jeez!

Then his mate with a bobcat turned up and turned the 1/2 acre into a trail bike course with jumps and hairpins.

Iwinder, When all else fails, you need to stop being placid and scare the crap out of them. I can't tell you how to do this as I do not know what country you are from. Think of a pack of dogs, quite similar to humans under the thin veneer of society. You need to be top dog. Think of it as a war. There is them and us and we will win. Discuss with other neighbors. Go on the offensive.

P

edit on 5/11/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
nvrmnd. sorry.

edit on 5-11-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I feel for you!

Our neighbours have called the police and the city on us on a few occasions as well.

Firstly, my husband was removing snow in our driveway with the snowblower last winter and he usually throws the snow equally on both sides of the driveway. Well the one side, we have a ditch, and they called the city and they showed up at the house and told us we had to remove it immediately or else we would get fined.

Secondly here in Ontario, we have quite the black bear problem and for that reason we are not allowed bird feeders during the summer months. Well guess what, it was a beautiful April morning and the police show up at my door demanding we remove the feeder.

Thirdly, they tend to mow their lawn at 7 am, they even went as far as mowing at 5:45 am once. They vacuum the front yard, they never say hello, the have weekly meetings and have their company park on the road and usually block us in our driveway.

It's quite the nightmare to say the least.

Lol

Good luck, but all I can say, is keep your chin up

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have had a few when ive lived in apartments....i had one who, for reasons I still cant figure out, had the cops show up to my door to ask me to keep it down. The kicker? I worked at 4 am and had been asleep for a couple of hours.

This lady had me served with multiple noise complaints, based on the noise coming from my 13 inch box tv.

She was a doozy.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I have had a few of them and it can be a living hell. The answer is psychological warfare. The important part is they can't know or prove who the perpetrator is. I won't go into to the details but let's just say there are things that will really piss them off and keep them wondering what the heck is going on. You must keep them off balance, never knowing when the next event will strike. They may eventually back off if not at least you have the satisfaction of not being the victim all the time. Good luck and good hunting

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have some crap neighbors!!

1. My one neighbor is a crackhead, she's been arrested at least once since she's lived here. One day I was driving my brother to school and she comes flying down our street, swerves in front of my car, winds down her window and starts screaming at me to "slow the f down before I kill some one". I barely got 5ft away from my driveway, there was no way I was going over 15mph, she was the one being high and reckless. Once someone called social services on her because she refused to drive her child to school, the kid was probably 8 years old and walked across very dangerous roads to get to school.

2. When we first moved here we had a couple outdoor cats to keep the mice/rats out of the yard, one of them liked to patrol our next door neighbors yard as well because they refused to cut their lawn so the grass was real high and there were lots of rodents over there. Anyway, the neighbor kept threatening to call animal control because they were annoyed that our one cat liked to hangout over there, well that Halloween we found our cat dead thrown against the front of our house. We could only guess what happened. (all of my neighbors and my family have fairly large yards, 3+ acres each. How could you possibly notice/ be bothered by a cat with all that land??) They also own a dog, it lives outside in a 8x10ft wired fence contraption. The poor thing just barks all day, it's about 10-12 years old.

My neighbors are definitely not decent human beings.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've always lived in private rented flats (apartments), and I could write a book about noisy, antisocial neighbours.

My present place is nice and peaceful, with the exception of a new next door neighbour, who likes to slam his door closed now and then (but at least he doesn't have loads of idiot mates calling round at all hours, or play loud music so, WTH, you learn to compromise).

My last place was very different, and why I no longer live there.

The upstairs flat was let to a bunch of noisy, mouthy Pakistani youths.

They roared about day and night (obviously not working), playing loud Pakistani music and drum 'n bass at all hours (no sound-proofing at all in these flats BTW, paper thin, plasterboard walls).

Their speciality was playing football (soccer) all night long (presumably 5-a-side).

That was a lot of fun.

I spent about 3 nights there in that last month, vainly trying to sleep with earplugs in.

All you can do in these situations is leave and move to a - hopefully - quieter place.

More difficult if you have a mortgage, but I'd still leave.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

I finally moved. I give all the glory to God. I found and bought a condo in a lovely complex in an area I was not supposed to be able to afford. I live on a busy street, but the residents are mostly retired folks, quiet, mostly neighborly.

The apartment I rented for almost 26 years, the last 10 years was a nightmare because of a nasty pig of a woman above us. She never cleaned, she had a horrible roach problem and I had to work hard to keep our place from being invested. Yes, the owner exterminated but to no avail because the woman was filthy and the owner knew this. She left her sink faucet running on several occasions over the years and flooded our kitchen. The last event was so bad that my husband came in the room around 2 am half asleep and sort of dismayed and said "hon, it's raining in the kitchen." It sounded and looked like a heavy downpour, all we needed to complete the effect was lightning and thunder. The kitchen ceiling fell in. Fortunately, for once, the owner who lived two houses down was home and he finally got to see the horror we have experienced at least 3 other times. I was convinced this would be the last time and he would evict this woman. I was wrong.

I prayed after that and it was my hobby for the at least 3 years before the kitchen downpour to search a realty website trying to find a place for my husband and I to buy, with no freaking upstairs neighbors. About 8 months later, we found a place and the person accepted our offer and it was $37K less than it was listed for. An answer to my prayers.

I am not sure your faith, but if you believe in a higher power of any kind. Pray for those neighbors to move.

Blessings,
Yesterdays Reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Looks like you know it - but go by your areas laws for noise and whatnot.

But...push it to the extreme - if your area noise ordinance allows it-blast noise from your home, within the legal limits, to give them something to complain about. If you can handle it - run your mower when you know they are watching TV... But stay within the law.

Research code violations that they may be breaking - even peek into their tax assessment info (public knowledge) and if you see a structure that is on their property and not on the assessment.... Odds are it didn't get approved. Some areas req permits for stuff like storage units, fencing, etc. Report them for every possible violation.

Make this a game - Win this game.

I'd even go as far to install a reverse beeper thingie for my vehicle...get an extra battery and leave it hooked to it. The BEEP BEEP BEEP...is the worst sound to hear on a Saturday morning...next to a house alarm going off. Stay within the laws.
edit on 6-11-2013 by ChuckNasty because: added the reverse beeper line

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
No neighbor from hell direct experience personally (unless you count the elderly neighbor I once had who loved tanning booths, short and tight neon minidresses and hair that Einstein would covet but that was just hell on the eyes...). However, one of my parents had troubles with a neighbor from hell. She was the kind of lady that would shovel up dog poop in her property and stick it into yours, just over the property line. Or call the police if the tv was too loud. Went on for almost 20 years and heard all the stories. Then one night, got a call from my mother who was in shock. Turned out that the neighbor from hell's husband was driving down a sloped and curving road one night when he dropped dead of a heart attack. They guessed that his foot must've pushed down on the gas pedal and well, no more neighbor from hell for my mother. The car flew over a pond and into a building. True story.

I never had a problem with the woman and she was always nice to me. After butting heads for two decades, my mother had to admit that that was a horrible way to go and moved to a new home a year and a half later. Go figure.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Years ago I had a doozy of an experience with a neighbor. He was a bit of a mental case and when he would drink with his meds or just simply not take them, things got weird.

He once convinced himself that I was having an affair with his father....even though I had never even met the man much less even spoken to him. This guy truly believed that I was having an affair though!!!!

He believed it so much that he tried to convince my boyfriend at the time it was true....this guy was a complete fruit loop. He eventually took to making verbal threats towards me and the cops were called....he got hauled away to the looney bin for a couple of days.

When he came back, it got even stranger....He would stand outside in the cold with nothing but a pair of shorts on, he would draw a circle in the gravel then, just stand in the circle and stare at my apartment for hours.

Creepy dude. His parents came and apologized to me but, I think they ended up having to commit him for good.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
years ago when i split from my ex i ended up in a 2 year nightmare with neighbours from hell who lived upstairs they were druggies /junkies and had 20 plus most days /nights in their home no carpets and a rottweiler dog that they used to throw the ball around for at all hours for .

flooded me 15 times in 24 months and came very very close to being rubbed out one night

i used to get up at 5 am for my work and they went to bed then and even took a week of work to give them hell i would hoover when they went to bed turn on radios etc but nothing worked anyone who knows junkies knows they sleep very little and the council did nothing about them even when shown proof .

they did not walk the dog and just let it out in the stairwell to do its thing or on the 10x6 veranda then throw water down which came down on my area and just opened the window and threw out their rubbish onto the shared green .
i kept a cutting of my ruined carpets to rap the bloke in if he and i ever met in the hallway and had it all planned out in my mind scary days .

when i moved to my new property i woke in the morning to the sound of silence and birds chirping and thought to myself what was i thinking staying there so long

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

While I have good neighbors where I currently live, the place I plan on moving to (To help family) does have a neighbor from hell. Actually, he's from Chicago, but close enough to hell that you can see it.

Multiple lawsuits and city/county complaints. He wants the family property and is trying to get it on the cheap.

The kicker of it all is that he doesn't even live there. His property that abuts is a vacation home and he's there maybe four times a year.

I'm thinking of buying out his property that is house is on and for sale through a third party as I recently found out that he is going through a divorce and then annex the rest of it through eminent domain. THAT would be justice...LOL.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I had a neighbor who got 'attached' to me. She decided I was her best friend. She'd call the house starting early in the morning and call all day long. If I didn't answer the phone she'd demand to know where I was and who I was with. She got huffy. I was strange.

Oh ... we are both women. It wasn't a sexual attachment I'm sure. It was like I was suddenly her best friend. We ended up moving a thousand miles away and I made sure she didn't get our address and that our phone numbers are unlisted.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

My neighbor from Hell is a Peeping Tom. Everybody in the whole neighborhood wishes he would disappear. Just as an example: Last Summer one of my other neighbor's caught the Peeping Tom in my yard behind a tree "taking care of business" while he watched me mowing the yard! *Hurls!*
Try that on for size!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Neighbor from hell...Well....It's hell not to watch my 25 y/o firm body, fair skinned, long blond hair, green eyed neighbor sunbathe topless. Good lord...I just go and do my errons till she's done...Just hell I tell you...HELL !!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
If you live in an apartment, and your problem neighbor has a bedroom adjoining one of your walls, then you can get VERY proactive. Purchase a microwave oven from a yard sale, Goodwill, St. Vincent DePauls or other second hand market. Remove the door and jam the mechanism that stops the microwave from running if the door is not open. Or simply break and remove the glass and leave the rest intact. Then you need to be creative to find the exact spot on the wall that your target's head is behind. I used a glass to listen through the wall, but mechanic's stethoscopes are really cheap these days. I suggest yelling at the wall early in the AM and listening for where the response comes from. Then set up a table, stack of phone books etc to place your microwave at the required height to bake your opponents brains and turn it on while he is in bed.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Remind me please to never, ever move next door to you!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks to all posters here, we got some good laughs and also some very good advice on what to do.
What we are trying our best to avoid is a tit for tat situation because we both believe our neighbours will thrive on that and just expand on it.

Here is what started it all, we have a double drive with a garage and all was built in the mid 1950's and our garage sits about 5 feet off of his property.
We are on sand here so drainage is very good and fast, he started bitching about our garage down spouts draining onto his property.
We told him to correct his very incorrect down spouts on his home as we are not fools.
He did not like that at all :-) So just what does he do?
Glad you asked, he corrected his downspouts as we suggested and the very next day the city inspector shows up and wants to see our drainage system from the garage.

We give the city guy the tour and explained what was happening, he took one look at our side of the property and told our bitching Neighbour all is good.

So then we do the most stupidest thing in the world, we are trying to make this guy happy so we go ahead and install a "Big O" to drain our garage out front instead of out the side.

Cost us about $190.00 to do this and what does he do?
He calls the city to bitch about where the "Big O" was located.

Then he bitches about the location of our garage to the city inspector.
The inspector told our friend next door to get off his high horse and then some.

You should have seen the look on his face when told by the official he called to just go home and shut up.

I have more good/ bad stuff to post if anyone wants a good read from hell.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join