It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who remembers the Battle of Hue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am actually searching data on the bombing of My Son, near Hue, Vietnam. I know there is an ex US army base south of DaNang which is even closer to that site than Hue, maybe somebody here knows about that.

Despite looking through dozens of web sites, I cannot find any details on the events of My Son. I met an Australian veteran who said he was here in those times and said it was also in 68 the same time as the battle in Hue happened.

I had also come across a Vietnamese travel site (can’t find it anymore, sorry no link) that had claimed that the bombing of My Son was a mistake because there were actually no Viet Cong there, it was merely assumed.

Are there any of you who can tell me more details about this, please.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SovannaMaccha

i hope you find what you are looking for here a.t.s has a lot of members from that era who will know something about it why not drop one of the mods a note zaphod58 he will know where to point you and good luck with your quest
edit on 4/11/13 by geobro because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

thank you geobro, i shall. i can imagine that they are not the best of memories.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

SovannaMaccha
reply to post by geobro

thank you geobro, i shall. i can imagine that they are not the best of memories.
i was too young to know what was going on back then i do remember seeing it on the t.v but it did not sink in i have seen posts by members here saying they were there as this thread came up on ancient & lost civilizations some people will not notice it start one with calling all vets maybe that will help or try zaphod 58 he is the military guy around here with a ton of info on most subjects military worth a try

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I dunno if I should feel old, as that was in the 60''s and the thread is in the ancient civilizations thread LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SovannaMaccha

Hi, I found this travel guide about My Son. Perhaps it is the one you remember? Although this guide mentions that the VC used My Son as a major base. I once worked with a vet that was there with www.2ndbattalion9thmarines.org...
Good luck on your quest.
www.vietnam-travel-guide.net...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How is The Battle of Hue in any way related to Ancient & Lost Civilizations???

The Battle of Hue occurred in the modern past, in 1968!!
Not in the Ancient Past!!

new topics

top topics

join