It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marilyn Gibbs- Microwave Technology, Pimp Ministers and Raft 2257

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

This is the first topic I post so I hope I do it justice!

About 2 years ago, my father showed me a restaurant menu he was given by a woman in a thrift store. The menu was covered with hand-written information that seemed to say a whole lot about nothing, rambling about how she has had her toiletries taken from her, how Pimp Minister Carl Wyman must be stopped and how they are tracking her with microwave technology.

So I Google'd one phrase from the menu, "Raft 2257" and it brought me here- aowf.blogspot.com... Definitely an interesting turn.

The above linked blog spans the last 10 years of Marilyn's travels across the US, handing her manifestos out to anyone who will take one. She always seems pleasant and is very polite, unless she is denied some type of service. In that case, she has been known to go off on being discriminated and has actually left bags of feces around business owners stores. (Mainly print shops, where she prints her manifestos).

The general idea of her manifestos is that she has been tortured, repeatedly, by a group of people who can track her via microwave technology, a technology they stole from her. She believes the Government has cloned her approximately 600 times in order to confuse everyone else. She seems to hate her own race, (she is African-American) and is seeking to live her life as a "Hispanic White Cuban woman".

She travels via Greyhound and asks for donations to buy tickets or to print up more of her papers. She has literally been ALL OVER the US in the last 10 years. I'm not sure how a normal 'sane' person could do that off of donations alone while staying fed and clothed.

2 years passed and I essentially forgot about it. I never heard back from the owner of the blog so I hit a dead end. Until yesterday morning when I walked into work and saw 2 more pages of her manifesto sitting inside the restaurant I work at. Here they are-

##images removed##

These pages are very similar to the ones she has been handing out over the last 10 years, although these are the first to feature a picture of herself. As you can see, her spelling and punctuation are up to par. She obviously has some form of access to a computer or has someone helping her make these. As I stated earlier, her manifestos are written on anything she get her hands on, including restaurant menus.

I no longer have the menu my father received, however I found the e-mail I sent to the blog owner 2 years ago, here is the content of that e-mail-

My father ran into her yesterday at a thrift store in Margate, Florida. She approached him and asked if he was a manager, he said he was not, she handed him a paper and went on her way. He watched her leave and noted that she was wearing all white clothing, seemed well put together and was very polite. She had a paper pinned to her front/back sides of her body. The page she gave him was an ad for a restaurant, Cabo Flats, in Palm Beach Gardens, there is a space on the front, in between the restaurant ad where she hand wrote the following- "The nice white woman manager that gave me dinner last night. Tell her that I know that she went into there death room last night. (Watch your whole family tree.) Check your town's main frame and every town's main frame in an 80 mile radius by Palm Beach, Florida. It is how the new black church is taking care of business." The back of the page is actually typed with very little errors. It's a lot of the same things that have been reported on the rest of her hand-outs, a few highlighted lines and a couple of penned in spots. I don't have a scanner, but I can take a picture of the page and send it to you if you'd like or if you're even taking care of the blog anymore. Seems she's going on 10 years now with this. I'm surprised nothing more has come of it in the past 2 years as it seems in 08' she was getting some momentum with sightings. I wonder if the cities she finds herself in is just relative to bus stops. From the reports it's seemed like she knows where she wants to go next. The one thing that seemed the most coherent from her earlier writings was her trying to contact- Canadian Union of Postal Workers (contact: David Bleakney) 377 Bank Street, Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1Y3 Canada Tel: 613-236-7230 ext 7953 .

When I google'd that address, it brought me here- www.nadir.org...

The blog that was keeping tabs on her is no longer updated, however someone started a Facebook group for her here- Marilyn Gibbs- On A Mission

It seems the past two years she has been in Florida, all over the state and is now making her way through Ft. Lauderdale again. You can find more of her manifestos on the blog linked above and that Facebook group.

It's obvious this woman has gone off the deep end a bit, however, I definitely believe something brought her to that point. I should also note that immediately after finding the new manifesto at work, I stepped outside to read them and spotted a rented Ford sedan next to the restaurant with a man in the stereotypical black suit/tie/shades watching me read the pages on the patio and then in my car. As soon as I went back inside, he was gone. Could most definitely be nothing at all, but I figured it was worthy of note.

She is still in my area and I'm hoping to find her. I do not believe she is dangerous, however I do fear that she might be scared of that fact that I've been trying to find her. I just want to hear her story from the start. If providing her with a place to stay/shower/eat will allow that to happen, I am completely willing to do so. I believe she is heading north, as she was spotted in Miami 2 weeks ago and now Ft. Lauderdale. The initial meeting with my father was in Margate (part of northern Ft. Lauderdale), so I suspect she is going over familiar grounds.

My father has been trying to translate everything from a mental illness perspective, paranoid personality disorder and bi-polar illness. Both make sense, but like I said, I do believe something/someone brought her to this point. As far as I can tell, I'm the only person to have 2 separate run-ins with her manifestos. I do not believe in coincidence so that leaves me with the desire to dig further into this.

Spew forth any and all theories, ATS!

edit on Sat Nov 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Drucifer

Images removed?!
Can you host them somewhere else mate? I'd love to see them!
I am intrigued!

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Doing so right now. I knew I'd screw somethin' up on my first topic!

Here are links to the images that were omitted-
THESE IMAGES CONTAIN PROFANITY AND DISTURBING CONTENT-NSFW!!!
i272.photobucket.com...
i272.photobucket.com...

Many of her other manifestos can be found on the original blog page listed in the original post, as well as Google'ing "Marilyn Gibbs Manifesto".
edit on 3-11-2013 by Drucifer because: Added image links

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

samuel1990

Images removed?!
Can you host them somewhere else mate? I'd love to see them!
I am intrigued!

Seconded.

I actually opened up this thread and had begun reading it (images & all) when something shiny went by and distracted me for a while

When I returned to it and refreshed the tab/page to see what else had been posted before diving into it the images disappeared. (I really have to learn not to do that here as images, posts and even entire threads sometimes go *poof* here for a variety of reasons...)

As I also found this story intriguing I was hoping that the images would be re-posted somewhere so that I could review before responding and/or asking a few questions about this.

I'll check back a little later - and thanks for the effort.

ETA - Great - I see that it's already been done. Reviewing now...
edit on 11/3/2013 by Riffrafter because: see ETA...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Any and all theories are welcome, even if it's just, "She's totally nuts, this means nothing."

As of yet, there's been no other sightings in the area. She travels fairly fast, so the chances are getting slimmer.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post here on ATS (please be gentle) and I gotta say....this story threw me for a loop. I'm very curious what could've pushed her over the edge, into what is seemingly some sort of hysteria. I agree with the OP, it's a bit difficult to consider that anything in those manifesto(s?) are true, but one thing is certain: something significant happened to her to make her this way, and I want to know what it was.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Do a yahoo search put spaces between numbers and letters: r a f t 2 2 5 7

Want to go down a hole?

r a f t morphgear for pocket pc 2003 version 2.2.5.7

How long has she been wandering?

edit on 8-11-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Over 10 years now.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Don't forget the bags of urine. She left those as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This didn't really catch on as much as I was hoping, but every few months I do an internet search to see if anything comes up. Tonight I found this video on YouTube someone made 9 years ago-

The effects in it can be distracting, but that pretty much gives off the feeling you get when you read her content.

As of one year ago, she was in Puerto Rico. It's really amazing that a woman who survives off handouts and uses all her "spare" money to print copies of her manifesto, actually made it down there. Since I first made this thread, she had been all the way across the US to the west coast then back to Florida for a few months, before heading to Puerto Rico.

There's gotta be something more to this story than a mentally ill woman.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

edit on 7-8-2019 by Vasteel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join