It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Incident Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

How does someone go through LAX all the way up to the security checkpoint with that?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Switched to FOX from CBS ... No flights will be taking off until the entire terminal is cleared AND every passenger is rescreened. This is going to screw up flights around the country. WOW. But I can understand why they are doing it ...

This will actually severely damage and severely disrupt schedules all worldwide, not just nationally around the country.. Incoming flights from Europe at the East, from Asia at the West, and from LA at the South--
stop over flights.. everything!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Kinda resembles a Ruger Mini-14, but with a custom stock (not folding).

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Live: Gunman in LAX shooting is killed; He was TSA worker, sources say

Need to change the verbiage from "going postal" to "going TSA"!

losangeles.cbslocal.com...

link   

ikonoklast
Still waiting on the news conference, but the LA Times is reporting the alleged gunman is also dead:

11:20 a.m. The gunman who allegedly opened fire at LAX Friday morning, killing a TSA agent, is dead, law enforcement sources told The Times.

Of course he's dead. Dead men tell no tales, nor are there trials for dead men. Their accusers would have to testify! Notice all the party tents and every piece of emergency equipment neatly parked in the diagonal parking spaces. HSEEP Exercise! This should be moved to the hoax category, no offense intended to the OP. This is a manufactured crisis. Fake.

link   

ikonoklast

How does someone go through LAX all the way up to the security checkpoint with that?

Ask the person who was there and saw the incident first-hand. A determined human can overcome MANY obstacles to get what they want.

SPECULATION
- Perhaps it was an insider/employee, that had an access badge?
- Reports are stating that it seems like the TSA agent was specifically targeted here.....disgruntled?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Mikeultra

ikonoklast
Still waiting on the news conference, but the LA Times is reporting the alleged gunman is also dead:

11:20 a.m. The gunman who allegedly opened fire at LAX Friday morning, killing a TSA agent, is dead, law enforcement sources told The Times.

Of course he's dead. Dead men tell no tales, nor are there trials for dead men. Their accusers would have to testify! Notice all the party tents and every piece of emergency equipment neatly parked in the diagonal parking spaces. HSEEP Exercise! This should be moved to the hoax category, no offense intended to the OP. This is a manufactured crisis. Fake.

Reporters are confused. the wounded TSA agent is now declared dead, NOT the suspect...I repeat, not the suspect. The suspect is alive and in custody at this point. There is a press conference scheduled shortly for a public statement.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

This is a perfect example showing how security is simply an illusion that is traded for your freedom which is becoming an illusion.
edit on 1-11-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is a good eyewitness acct...they were targeting TSA it seems...

An eyewitness, Leon Saryan, told ABC News Radio that a "fairly young" gunman with a rifle came down a corridor in Terminal 3 and shot perhaps 20 times.

A TSA officer holding Saryan's shoes was shot and wounded, he told ABC.

Saryan said the gunman asked him, "Are you TSA?"

"He saw me. He looked at me with a quizzical look and said, 'TSA?' And I just shook my head. So he moved on," Saryan said.

Terry Malloy, who was in the airport at the time of the shooting, told ABC News she heard at least three shots fired.

"I was sitting there, and I heard the alarm go off like when the door opens. I saw all these people charging down this ramp going in a million different directions. Everyone started looking at each other (like) what are we going to do, and I saw the ticket agent go behind the counter, and then I heard shots," Malloy said.

"I ran out to one of the piers," she said. "Someone opened one of the doors, and then we literally ran right onto the runway. We saw airport police charging down the runway with their doors open," he said.

Reported he was a TSA agent...again, not a very good shot....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
looks like a m4 variant. notice the collapsible stock and the length of the barrel.

compare to these

edit on 1-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just saw on video that they were walking someone out handcuffed from the scene. I screen capped it to save it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Official Story (from press conference @ LAX)
Police Chief Gannon
- "Assault rifle" pulled from bag and fired
- Continued shooting into screeners area
- Moved into terminal 3 and kept shooting
- Suspect engaged in terminal and taken into custody (wounded but ALIVE)
- Officer down (shot) in altercation
- Lone shooter, acted alone
- Multiple shooting victims

edit on 11/1/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Mikeultra

I dunno about in the US, but here in UK there's always Police Cars, Ambulances, Firetrucks and sometimes even light military vehicles at major airports. The one at Manchester here in the UK even has a carpark for them.

If I went to Manchester airport right now there'd be at least 3/4 police cars and 3/4 ambulances and a firetruck parked up neatly... probably even more. Hardly a surprise given the volume of people, security implications and the risk of fire at a major airport.

You can't be seriously suggesting the emergency services wait to be called to have a presence at LAX?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

KingIcarus

Mikeultra

I dunno about in the US, but here in UK there's always Police Cars, Ambulances, Firetrucks and sometimes even light military vehicles at major airports. The one at Manchester here in the UK even has a carpark for them.

If I went to Manchester airport right now there'd be at least 3/4 police cars and 3/4 ambulances and a firetruck parked up neatly... probably even more. Hardly a surprise given the volume of people, security implications and the risk of fire at a major airport.

You can't be seriously suggesting the emergency services wait to be called to have a presence at LAX?

Do a web search on HSEEP exercises, then get back to me. I just heard the airport police chief say they practiced for this exact event 3 weeks ago! This is BS!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Would you prefer the not practice, and "wing it" ans guess in a live situation?!?!? I would certainly hope they would practice and not depend upon it not happening....and guesswork in the heat of an incident.

The shooter is in custody, and will be questioned, and tired in a court of law.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Interesting reading, thanks.

Still, I'm not sure it's unusual that the authorities rehearsed an active shooter scenario recently. Airports are hugely secure spaces, and in America it's not unlikely at all that the threat to an airport would be an active shooter.

Anyhow, aren't you suggesting that the event today is a live rehearsal exercise that the media are being allowed to report and think as real? Why would they do that? Why this rehearsed event, and not another scenario?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

the chief looks kinda like George Kennedy.

magnum ( Tom Selleck ) is still working, he's got that show blue bloods
edit on 1-11-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

ikonoklast

New reports of the sequence stating that the suspect pulled the weapon prior to going through the security checkpoint. This is the first line of defense for the airport....so nothing will stop anyone up to this point with any weapons. Once he began firing at the checkpoint, he went through and was unchallenged (since nobody is armed going through and into the terminal). Once law enforcement was on the scene (within minutes), he was engaged in gunfire and subdued (shot twice in the torso), then taken into custody.

One on-duty TSA worker killed by suspect, another wounded. Other injuries were fro the stampede of panicking travelers trying to escape.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

The person in cuffs could be for anything. He could have been trying to steal from the bags
people dropped when they ran ... could have tried to rob the shops when the store people
ran .... we don't know what that guy is in cuffs for ...

News is still saying one person was the shooter ...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join