It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Incident Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
So far my fist impressions of this is that some guy has either tried to get through security with a firearm for whatever reason and been challenged then shot at a TSA agent and shot of a few more rounds before being arrested. Or deliberately wanted to shoot up the TSA.

He has been arrested and now the whole thing is over, looks like minimal casualties and so far no fatalities, lets hope it stays that way.

That is just my own speculation based on early reports but I dont think this is going to turn into another shooting on the scale of the Navy yard or something of that kind.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
FOX says that the L.A. Police are on 'city wide tactical alert'.
I don't understand that. It's a single shooter at the airport.
And they have the shooter.
UNLESS they think there is more to this????

I dunno .. but that's what is being reported.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Eyewitness accts are placing one as a white guy in his 20's with blond hair. There is no description on the other in custody. Seems from the eyewitness accts he was able to shoot himself past TSA and then was going to the airside. Good thing this was stopped or it could, again, have been much worse.

Fear here would be that it is a first stage of a multiple stage attack.
edit on 11pm30pmfu2013-11-01T12:29:39-05:001239 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
CBS did the minimal requirement, but the "others" aren't quite in compliance, concerning coverage.

Could this result in the creation of chaos, being escalated?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I don't think it sounds like a ff event but more on why so many breaking news items have been hitting the airwaves.

link   
CBS has cut coverage of this and is now back to Bold and Beautiful.
If it were a Navy Yard type thing, they'd still be on it.
I think it's probably all over .... GOOD!

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

They have probably done it because they are concerned it was a attempted terrorist attack.

If you think about it from their point of view, its possible that this was someone with a gun who was trying to get on a plane with a gun as part of some kind of attempted crime of terrorism. Now i know for a whole range of reasons that is unlikely but it is possible and they are probably just siding on the of caution.

For all they know at this stage, this could be the first stage of something bigger.

Again I know its extremely unlikely
edit on 1-11-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
A distraction
We are not to be talking about Israel bombing Russian shipments to Syria
That's why this is all over the TV news

Its interesting, but there are much bigger things going on in the world today.

But thanks for keeping us informed

[off topic remark removed by staff]
of course there'll be those who insist on NOT looking at the man behind the curtain

SkyLiner
Impressive preparation and staging, for a spontaneous event.

They put someone in the ambulance on a stretcher, but the ambulance never left..?

security theater at it's "finest", so much for all those CCTV, face-recognition, blah, blah, blah...eh?

occams razor, which the "logical" are always bringing up actually points clearly that this was allowed to happen

edit on Fri Nov 1 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed off topic remark

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

FlyersFan
FOX says that the L.A. Police are on 'city wide tactical alert'.
I don't understand that. It's a single shooter at the airport.
And they have the shooter.
UNLESS they think there is more to this????

I dunno .. but that's what is being reported.

"never let a crisis go to waste..."

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What a cluster*! Looks like a Benny Hill skit watching the police running around. Not to mention other response vehicles can't even get to the Airport/Terminal due to traffic.

When are people going to realize the cops aren't going to be there to protect you? Give my d^mn CCW and let ME protect me and mine! Sadly, this will just be another "crisis" not to be wasted. Anyone want to place bets on how long it'll take Pelosi/Feinstein to make a press statement on how "assault rifles" need to be banned?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, how long after this will they arm TSA agents?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I think your right about that, Yesterday I was watching the news and they were talking about obamacare and such when they broke some news about a bus in Kansas drives off bridge with kids in the water, I have yet to see anything more about this on t.v.

There's plenty of reports on the bus going off the bridge on the net. A quick Google (other search engines are available) search will give you access to them.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is only a drill! A way to get a different subject on the lame stream media. Notice the neatly parked police cars, colored tarps, and the CST teams are there. It's a HSEEP exercise. (Fake news)

edit on 1-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: photo of CST truck

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
expect in a day or two, a new run at a gun ban.
what better way to get people to stop thinking about one of the most draconian laws ever passed like obamacare.
by bring up another, draconian threat issues.

yes indeed a distraction.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
FAA has now issued a ground stoppage for all flights to LAX... Latest news from Fox the perp was well inside of the terminal; past security... That will be a biggie if true... Maybe an LAX employee with a security badge IMO...

Also all fights departures have been stopped... They are to return to the terminal and de-plane... What a mess..
edit on 1-11-2013 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Looks like this story is going to fizzle out, "only" three people have been injured including the shooter.

All we are seeing now seems to be precautionary actions by the emergency services.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well at least they didn't kill him and will be able to get some answers as to what he was 'thinking'.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Looks like this story is going to fizzle out, "only" three people have been injured including the shooter.

All we are seeing now seems to be precautionary actions by the emergency services.

You mean this is not the false flag event we are looking for?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

It's hilarious you use Occam's Razor in your post.

Amongst competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Isn't that it?

Hypothesis one...lone gunman, with mental health issues. One assumption.

Hypothesis two...false flag/CIA/MKultra etc. Two assumptions at least. One that they actually exist, two that this is one of them.

Therefore, Occam's Razor being actually applied, we should expect this to be a lone gunman with mental health issues.

Not that this was allowed to happen, which clearly has more assumptions.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Reread the last line.

I have followed the story online but if the msm breaks it they should at least follow thru with the story until the situation is over with especially when children are involved, hell they seem to do that any other time.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join