It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Incident Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

TerrorAlertRed
reply to post by khimbar

Now that's a solid souce....

As opposed to all the other valid sources in the thread you mean?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Switched to FOX from CBS ... No flights will be taking off until the entire terminal is cleared AND every passenger is rescreened. This is going to screw up flights around the country. WOW. But I can understand why they are doing it ...

Quick, switch back to a real News station.
I wouldn't trust Faux news with this as far as I could
throw Ruppert Murdoch with one arm.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Photos (screenshots) from FOX11 news report showing a possible weapon used in the attack. They are already saying it is an AR-15, but it looks to me like it could be just a non-AR-15 semi-auto rifle actually.

Closeup...

Any more knowledgeable ATS'rs here recognize this rifle profile? In my non-learnerd mind, it is NOT an AR-15 on the face of it.

edit on 11/1/2013 by Krakatoa because: Added more opinion

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Please...they all suck & are equally culpable in the propagation of propaganda

NBC = CNN = CBS = ABC = FOX

They all routinely tell different lies for different reason & all of them also have a terrible record for accurate reporting during a breaking news story.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Closeup makes it look like a Mini-14 but I dont recall ever seeing a wooden Mini with a telescoping stock like that.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Funny. You posted how bad FOX is .. and the next post was a person posting the first pictures of the gun used and it was a FOX station that got the pictures out.

Now FOX is saying the police are calling it a semi-automatic weapon.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Definitely an AR-15 variant. Probably a DPMS or something cheap like that. Pistol grip, detachable magazine, and looks like it's maybe shorter than the minimum length. If the magazine holds more than 10 rounds (moot considering the other aspects) then it would be illegal, too.

The other thing it could be is a Kel-Tec SU16 or mini-14.

Looks like an illegal gun according to California law.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by sealing

Funny. You posted how bad FOX is .. and the next post was a person posting the first pictures of the gun used and it was a FOX station that got the pictures out.

Now FOX is saying the police are calling it a semi-automatic weapon.

It is the "alleged" weapon used by the suspect. Nothing has been qualified yet...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
NBC News on Twitter is reporting:

UPDATE: One TSA employee killed, one wounded in LAX shooting

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Galvatron

Definitely an AR-15 variant. Probably a DPMS or something cheap like that. Pistol grip, detachable magazine, and looks like it's maybe shorter than the minimum length. If the magazine holds more than 10 rounds (moot considering the other aspects) then it would be illegal, too.

The other thing it could be is a Kel-Tec SU16 or mini-14.

Looks like an illegal gun according to California law.

Thanks! Imagine, someone breaking the strict gun laws in California! Whoudda thought? < rolls eyes >

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Could also be a Saiga 7.62 variant with a 10 round magazine & collapsible stock

It's hard to tell with that picture

Here's a cheap DPMS:

Here's a Saiga:

edit on 1-11-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Almost looks like one of those decarbinated AKs I saw once. The gas return tube is removed, exit port blocked w/handle welded to bolt. This serves a single purpose; to give the 7.62x39 more gumption exiting the barrel. basically turns the old Kalashnikov into a sniper rifle.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Press conference at 11:30 pst (2 minutes from now):

LA Times

Looks like they have a feed, but maybe someone else has a more direct link.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Yeah, good thinking. The forearm just looks kinda short for an not converted Saiga, but the picture is so crappy. The curvature and width of the magazine definitely looks .223/5.56 to me. Those seem to be the options. AR-15, SU16, Mini-14, Saiga.

Either way, the features make the gun ilegal in California.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Fox 11:
- Witness 1 claiming only 50 ft away from incident that someone (possibly the suspect) was shouting angrily while firing. He could not make out the words, only the angry emotional tone of the voice. He also said he only heard one weapon firing at the time.

- Witness 2 says suspect was a little shorter than 6'1" (his height is 6'1" and he was shorter), short grey hair, fired 3 shots downstairs before the security check.

edit on 11/1/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Crisis Communication

"Crisis communication is sometimes considered a sub-specialty of the public relations profession that is designed to protect and defend an individual, company, or organization facing a public challenge to its reputation. These challenges may come in the form of an investigation from a government agency, a criminal allegation, a media inquiry, a shareholders lawsuit, a violation of environmental regulations, or any of a number of other scenarios involving the legal, ethical, or financial standing of the entity."

"Crisis communication can include crafting statements, known as “messages,” often tested by research and polling. A rapid response capability—pioneered by the 1992 Clinton-Gore campaign operatives and refined during Bill Clinton's eight years under attack by his political adversaries while in the White House, has also become an essential element of crisis communication. Additional tactics may include proactive media outreach to get messages and context to the media, identifying and recruiting credible third-party allies who can attest to the company’s side of the story, and striking first, not waiting to be hit."
en.wikipedia.org...

Crafting statements? Messages? HSEEP teaches courses for this. How to BS with a straight face while role playing in their exercise/drills.

rimsinland.oes.ca.gov...$file/April%202011.pdf

I don't believe it's real! Am I supposed to forget about all the other scandals going on because of this? How long are they going to go on with this BS?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

Agreed - my first guess would be 30 round .223/5.56 mag judging from the pic - not going to be able to tell conclusively from that photo though unfortunately since I can count the pixels

And you're absolutely right about the law - not legal...

ETA: I think it might be a Mini 14...looks like a pretty good suspect judging from the length & shape of the forend - also .223 & sight bump @ top/back of receiver

edit on 1-11-2013 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Still waiting on the news conference, but the LA Times is reporting the alleged gunman is also dead:

11:20 a.m. The gunman who allegedly opened fire at LAX Friday morning, killing a TSA agent, is dead, law enforcement sources told The Times.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Still waiting on the news conference, but the LA Times is reporting the alleged gunman is also dead

That was almost a given

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Galvatron
Either way, the features make the gun ilegal in California.

Do you think they should have put up another sign? Maybe the shooter just didn't see it.

It does look like a stainless mini, since we're guessing.

also

From FTA feeds, earlier they were mentioning a second, armed, suspect in custody. I heard it being reported live.

ETA: 2 minute warning to the live conference...

2nd edit... They're walking somebody down the sidewalk in cuffs right now, live. Not sure what the involvement is.

edit on 1-11-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join