It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween Everyone! Post your spookiest experience here!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I will add my experience here.

When I was about twelve years old I was staying with cousins about three miles outside a small town in rural Limerick, me and my family lived in Dublin but ocassionally we would go to stay with relatives in Clare or Limerick so I was quite used to being down the countryside during the summer.

We were having a wonderful time there playing in the huge field behind their house or going for long walks around the local laneways or roadways usually just big enough for one car and more often than not with grass growing up the middle, and bordered by ancient hedgrerows. All around their house were old abandoned cottages or ruined farmhouses that had not been lived in for at least sixty years. The biggest feature that we all loved was a huge forrested area that backed onto the field behind their house that was probably about two or three square miles of ancient forrest with no roads or vehicle navigable trackways going thorugh it, we spent hours everyday tramping around this forrest playing games and exploring. When we werent exploring we would be made visit with my uncles mother who was in her eighties and lived in a small cottage just to the side of their house.

A few nights in and we were gone to bed, I was sleeping on a kind of camp bed on the floor of my cousins bedroom which was up in the attic area of the house, there was a large velux window with no blinds or curtains which looked out on the field at the back and the forrest behind it. My bed was up beside the window and my cousin was in his bed in the middle of the room. As this was a rural area and it was august it was already dark (proper countryside darkness with no light pollution) when we went to bed around ten o clock.

A few hours after we had gone to bed we were woken up by a bright light filling the room from outside this light was very bright like a flash of lighting and woke both myself and my cousin up. I remember it being quite late maybe three or four am or so and the room being freezing cold to the point that we could see our breath. Both of us went to stare out the window as the light dimmed to a more bearable glow, it was unreal the entire forrest was lit up as if it was being floodlight from the centre. It was full of mist but was eerily illuminated with no specific light source. As we both discussed what could be causing the light a horrible keening screaching cry shook the house, I mean litterally shook the house! It was such a terrible unearthly sound it raised the hairs on the back of my neck and sent a shiver down my spine. It seemed to be coming from the woods when it started but then it became more clearly defined and seemed to be coming from all around the house. My cousin went as pale as a sheet and demanded I shut up and get back into bed, we were both pretty freaked out but he was really insist we stop talking ignore the noise and get back into bed. We both went to our beds and covered our heads with pillows and somehow managed to fall asleep again (freakily easily considering this easily 60+ decibel noise in the room).

The next morning I tried talking to him about it and asking him what it was but was told to "shut up it didnt happen dont talk about it!), when I tried discussing it at breakfast with the rest of my cousins and their parents all of them told me to "stop talking about it", a few minutes later my uncles mother came in to join us for breakfast and I tried asking her if she had heard the noise, again my cousins and aunt and uncle sushed me and told me to stop talking about it but she quietly answered me and said "ah sure what was it but the banshee, mark my words someone died this morning". Everyone hastily tried changing the subject and reproached her to stop talking about fairy tales but she was right we found out later on that day that an old man in his eighties had died in and around the time this noise started.

I still get really uncomfortable thinking about the noise we heard and the unearthly coldness that surrounded it. Urgghhhh anyway thats my spookiest experience.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It is always the stories where the ghosts talk to kids that creep me out the most. I have 3 of my own and you know when a kid is pulling your leg or telling the truth and when you ask who they are talking to and they tell you "So and So and they are right in front of you, can't you see her?" so matter of fact you know they are telling the truth....that is the kind of story that freaks me out.
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Then this ought to creep you out. I grew up in NJ and went to camp as a child in the Pine Barrens. We only had 1 night where we were over night at the camp, me and a few friends took the long walk down to the girls' bathrooms in the dead of night pitch black. We heard a low pitched growl as we were nearing the bathrooms and they looked up and then pointed me to the sound, way up in the trees there were large glowing red eyes. I'm convinced to this day we had a run-in with the Jersey Devil. Needless to say, we ran our asses back to camp without going to the bathroom and held it until morning.
Jersey Devil

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I find that very beautiful,actually.Guardian angels can come in all forms,I guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

8654drp

Did you know there is a school for magic in Phillie? I know some people who have attended it. Live in Phillie outside what was then the Naval Home, for two years. It was a very interesting place to visit.

WOW NO!! And I lived in Philly, I sure would've visited if I knew about it, or I could have known and thought it was for mentalists and illusionists, cause I usually pass alot of that off to being more mundane magic.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Akushla99 takes a seat around the campfire, puts his torch under his chin...

Quite a few years ago, I moved into a shared house that had some anecdotal stories attached to it...as far as I was concerned, they were stories...

An uncle of mine, years earlier had given me an old alarm clock (2 bells atop a large face - you know the ones I mean)...the clocks winding mechanisms had jammed tight - niether alarm, nor hour and minute hands were moveable...anyway, I kept the clock for sentimental reasons, in a storage box - that I placed within a cupboard beneath a stairwell, when I moved in to the new house...

Bed set up, junk all around the bed...it was time to go to sleep - 11.30pm...

Just as I was about to fall asleep...that damned clock starts RINGING...

Å99

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite childhood stories told to me on my grandma's knee.

My 4 yr. old aunt died in 1940. Every sunday the family visited her grave, she was buried in the children's section of a very old cemetery in rural North Carolina.

My mom had a huge family, 10 kids in all. My uncle Roy was notoriously lazy, slow/chubby.

On this particular sunday Roy found a comfy spot under a small tree, he and the old dog relaxed while the family paid their respects, maintained the grave.

As the family was leaving they noticed Roy wasn't with them. My grandpa yelled for Roy to come on, he and the old dog always lagged behind. My mom was just about to go back when all of a sudden Roy came running at a full sprint with the dog right on his heels. They passed the family without a backward glance. Roy didn't stop until he was outside the cemetery gates but the dog kept going.

Breathing hard he told the family he had fallen asleep/woke up when he heard my grandpa yell. He got up, stretched real big and saw two little cherub faced babies smiling down at him from the tree. My mom said she'd never seen Roy or the dog move so fast.

The dog ran like the wind straight for the woods. It took some time but my grandpa found him and he literally had to drag that dog out howling/crying/shaking the whole way. My mom said it sounded like grandpa was killing him.

They went back the following week, minus Roy and the dog. The family checked out the tree and sure enough it had been planted behind the tombstone of twin babies. I've seen the tree/grave myself while visiting my aunt's grave. The cemetery is very old many of the tombstones have fallen over or degraded. I couldn't read the dates clearly but it was infant twins from the 18th century.

My grandpa figured it was only a dream and Roy's reaction is what scared that old dog so bad. My uncle swears he was wide awake/standing up when both he and the dog looked up and saw the smiling babies.

edit on 11-1-2013 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

I love this story, it's not something he should have feared...infant ghosts can't hurt you what are they gonna do, gum you to death?? Plus could've been real cherubs who are guarding the graves too.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I had one last night.

So, every year, I get all the friends together for a Halloween party. And last night, I had a little rum. Not very much, though. My boyfriend was thinking about his grandmother, who passed away a couple months ago, and who he was very close to... so, naturally, he got sad.

When he and I went to bed, I was holding him, and I was saying things to make him feel better... how much I love him, how I'm always gonna be there to hold him, that kind of thing.

But then I said something about "watching him grow up" and started calling him "my baby" .... I was talking in a different way than usual, with no forethought whatsoever. I thought that odd sensation was just the rum, but I feel like it was more than that. Its hard to explain, because I'm not really huge on meddling with supernatural things or anything, but he started to cry, and after a little while, he felt a lot better.

He told me he felt as though he was talking to his Nana.

Again, I'm not claiming to be a medium... I've never done anything like this before.

But it was certainly something.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

it's not something he should have feared...infant ghosts can't hurt you what are they gonna do, gum you to death??

LOL good one! I don't know depends on the ghost baby I guess, some dolls creep me out. I know I'd be running too.

Plus could've been real cherubs who are guarding the graves too.

Well that just gave me a chill. Didn't think of guardians.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It's interesting how these stories all provide elements of doubt, yet when you experience one yourself you KNOW it's real. Even if to others it appears unlikely.

Only really ever had 2 experiences. One directly, and one through my father.

When I was young, maybe 13 or 14, I used to sleep over at my Aunties House. It was a huge house and had an underground tunnel that ran across the road to the cellar of a pub. It had all been sealed off now though. Through the night I would hear the sounds of creaking. I wont lie and say it was definitely footsteps, but it was loud and repetitive. I told my auntie about it as it happened for 2 nights straight, and by the second night it was getting louder towards the end as if something was coming upstairs.
She wasn't surprised and just said "oh him, yes!".
Apparently, a few years earlier they had experienced the same, and being interested the stayed up to count the number of creaks. The odd thing was that there were more creaks than steps. I don't remember the numbers now but it would be say 13 steps in the house, but 17 creaks. The asked someone external to come in and look at the structure of the house and they found out that the older stairs were still intact underneath the new ones, and there was actually 17 steps. Going further, they also contacted a previous owner who also knew of goings on. An elderly lady said that one evening she was watching tv with her dog, when her dog sat bolt upright and stared at the door. The living room door then opener, followed by the dogs eye following "something" from the living room door to the front door, which then also opened.

My fathers experience as a milkman was when out one morning early at 4am, delivering to his little village he noticed an unusual car parked outside his neighbours house. Thinking nothing he went to the front door and dropped off the milk when he felt suddenly cold and saw a white mist move from the house and go through him. My dad is quite a guyish man and tells me even at this point he never believed in anything of that nature so didn't really care.
The following day when collecting empty bottles he saw a man in a suit getting in to the car parked outside so he ran over to ask what was going on. The man was a doctor who said that his neighbour had passed away about 4am. That's when my dad said he felt a massive shiver go down his back.... yet still doesn't believe!! funny.

Good stories everyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

wulff
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I am wondering that since your great grandma was alive when you saw the vision it may have been a 'familiar' spirit (and not of the good kind! 'sensitivity' runs in my family as well it was especially stong with my young sister that passed way too young.

That is exactly how I have come to view it over the years. It seemed like a familiar spirit, but not threatening, more like it did not want me to be afraid so sort of masked itself with a familiar person as not to frighten me.

I wasn't terrified, I have been terrified by spirits trust me on that, so I figured at that age "whoever/whatever" it was simply wanted to be seen without scaring the crap out of me!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Totally digging these stories. Thanks everyone who has joined in for posting. Something about this time of year, not just Halloween, really gets me loving good scary stories. When I was younger I was a HUGE fan of scary books from the likes of HP Lovecraft and the like.

Really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences. Sorry I have not commented on all of them....super busy work day today and just getting home to the 3 kids and as you can imagine they seem to think daddy is their "Live Jungle Gym" for use at any time....LOL

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
So Ouija stories... I have a lot. Most are terrifying, but I want to share this one with you because it was absolutely the CREEPIEST experience ever with the talking board.

The first time I set out to use my Ouija it was a glow in the dark one. We charged it up under the light and it was about 5 of us who had never used one before participating. We cut the lights out, put our fingertips on it and started asking questions.

We got answers, for sure, after a while one friend of mine got so freaked out he ran into the kitchen exclaiming "THAT THING IS FAKE! IT IS A FRAUD!". So, trying to settle him down, I said OKAY Jonathon here, stay in the kitchen and write some numbers down on this piece of paper. Don't tell us. When you are done say GO and we will ask the Ouija what the numbers are.

He obliged and sat in the kitchen then we heard "GO" and asked the Ouija.

I swear on my life, the damn thing spelled out each and every number. We wrote them down and compared, not one number more or less, EXACTLY the number sequence he had written down.

The more frightening Ouija incidents happened after that first time, seems to me from what I have experienced if you have a Medium/Spirit prone person at the board you will get some really intense callers on the other line if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Nothing as scary as the last posts. I was sitting in the living room and very very distinctly I felt two fingers press on my left forearm. I looked at my arm and saw that there was a single downward dimple still showing. No feeling of horror but it was dammed odd. It felt like something wanted me to look in that direction but there was nothing there.
There is no way for me to move a muscle in my arm like that. So I don't know what it was.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

No!!! don't stop there!! i love ouija stories, i've never been able to get one working so i just use mine as something to put my plate on!! im fascinated by them.

love all the stories on this thread, i've had too many experiences to mention and they still keep coming, i love the dead!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was going to class "A" school in Mare Island California when I had this overwhelming foreboding feeling all day. I just couldn't shake it for some reason. So late that evening I called my parents back in Coleta Il. My timing thanks to that feeling was very exquisite. There was a big storm going though my dad was out picking the cherry tree when it hit. He had just enough time to drop the ladder and run inside. He was just catching his breath from running inside when I called. The cherry tree was split by the storm. Power was out and they were amazed that the phone still worked.
I guess it proves that sometimes there is a reason for unusual moods. It just might be some thing from the Twilight zone. It all seems based on how in tune you are to the world. You can't search for that feeling it happens when it's ready and perhaps never again.
edit on 1-11-2013 by datasdream because: Forgot about catching my dad breathless from just runnning inside when i called

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
where do i start, sitting here the last 3 hours looking at a laptop that has powered down?, that's were i was after reading this thread, memories brought back to life ........... thanks. Mr Chips, you were long ago memory.

OK, i was brought up on an estate in the UK. The house was a normal 3 bed council house purpose built on "the lakes". Anyway, i have two sisters, they shared a bedroom, my parents another room and me, the smallest room.

My room was always freezing cold, no matter whatever the weather and the strange thing was, up until i left at the age of 22, i could not sleep in this room unless i buried my head under the duvet. Literally covered, hardly able to breathe fresh air. (i think i was around about 6 when we moved in, first residents), when i stopped at friends house or grandmothers or the like, i would sleep without being covered.

OK, when i was about Ten years old i was reprimanded by my father, a hole, 4ft in circumference had appeared between the joining walls between my room and my parents room, father at the time said it was my fault and i had been rolling a Tonka Toy around the wall causing the damage (BS) he consequently boarded it up and re-decorated.

It was not until years later that i learned that on the same night, my mother had awoken screaming that something had come through the wall and attacked her or scared the sh t out of her, thanks dad for covering what you didnt understand and blamed it on me.

Anyways, i left and never been back, live 350 miles away now and mother has passed so cant ask her, her memories

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
My spooky story ...

I have multiples. but I'll just share one...

I would have to say the spookiest thing happened on Halloween in 1998. I was out at my friends farm and we had a bonfire that night. As the fire started to die, my friend an I went for a walk through the woods in search of more deadfall to burn. We walked through the woods and came across a clearing that my friend didn't know about. It was a perfect circle cut in the trees, maybe 15 meters in diameter. There was literally a forest of pine's all around us, but in this little clearing there was no trees, no brush, not even weeds. Just nicely trimmed grass. We both thought it a little strange, but kept on. We passed through the woods and onto the south-eastern wheat field. We stopped to admire the sky, which looked really strange all of a sudden. It was pinkish, but the light wasn't coming from any source we could see. The nearest town was over 40 Km away, and it wasn't very big. The clouds were all strange too, but I cannot explain it.. They didn't swirl or puff. They didn't look like pillows, or corn rows... They looked 2 dimensional if anything...

Anyway, we decided to head back to the fire, and as we started back in to the woods, I had this terrible chill and a tremendous fear just swamped me. I was almost in paralysis, breathing heavy, cold sweat.. The works.. My friend asked me what was wrong, and all I could say, "there's something in the woods.." I was a struggle to say that!! He just looked at me all puzzled like and reminded me that we just came from those woods, and nothing was there. We tried to press on, but I took a step, and froze again. "Dude, I swear there is something waiting for us in there.." Then I started having these weird visions... Once again, I can't explain them. I only remember glimpses of them, but it was weird.. That's the only word I have for it... It was like I was watching multiple scenes of several different movies, from multiple points of view.. All I really remember is the colors; mostly orange, pink, green, and black. They all mixed together and looked like fire...

Then, all of a sudden, the visions stopped and I felt fine. My friend looked at me and asked, "can we go now?" I nodded, and we stepped forward. The moment we moved, we saw it! This thing flew straight at us, just over our heads! And it made a sound, like a zipper but it was loud! The ground shook! Then it was gone. All we saw of it was a little point of golden light fly off to the north...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
In my previous home, a house I shared with my ex, it was unusually quiet at night, for a major urban area. I think that this nighttime quiet, & maybe the geographical location, may have had something to do with the fact that I had more altered states of consciousness than I've had before or since, while lying in bed waiting to fall asleep.

One common happening was for me to suddenly realize that I could see through my closed eyelids, my view of the room changing as I moved my eyes around, as though I was really seeing it. Then a steadily increasing white light would fill my head, along with a heightened sense of well-being, until it faded out on its own.
I also managed an occasional episode of remote viewing, but none of the above was disturbing in the least.

What spooked me involved snatches of conversations I would overhear while in that state between awake & asleep. The best explanation I can give is that I wasn't exactly hearing voices; it was more like perceiving the talk directly with the part of my brain that makes sense of the sound vibrations coming from my ears, but without any such sound vibrations happening.

I would hear part of a conversation, as though I had just approached people talking, coming in on the middle of the conversation. What I would hear never seemed to have anything to do with me, it was more like the type of random stuff you overhear as you walk through a crowd. I decided that the next time this happened, I would try to communicate with the "speaker".

Finally, one night in bed, I became drowsy & recognized the feeling I would get when it was possible to "overhear" conversations. As I waited, I suddenly "heard" a man say, "...And then I died". I had a sudden intuition that for me to be heard, I needed to mimic the frequency of the voice, imitating the way it seemed to sound inside my mind. Concentrating on what I remembered of the voice, I sent out, "Hey you, the guy who died".

With scarcely a pause, the voice replied, "What?"

I was so startled by this, I immediately snapped out of whatever state I was in, & almost sat bolt upright in the bed. I'm surprised I didn't wake up my ex, who was next to me. Needless to say, it took me quite a while to relax & become sleepy again. Just my luck that the one time I decided to try to make contact with who or whatever was talking, the conversation seemed to be originating from the other side. Or maybe all of the conversations came from there. Whoooooooooooo!

edit on 11/2/13 by BuzzCory because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

You went to the plane where the earth bound souls reside. It is very close to ours, not hard to reach at all. That's why some people can see the ghosts there.

Yes, you were talking with a ghost. I would suggest to you and anyone to say a prayer for protection, and imagine a bright protective light surrounding you anytime you communicate with the dead. You never know who might want to hop a ride back with you.

The cat in your avatar looks exactly like my daughter's cat. They could be twins.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join