It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween Everyone! Post your spookiest experience here!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hey everyone
I used to live in a 3 bedroom ranch style house in the country with just my 2 children. I would constantly see things out of the corner of my eye, hear people talking in other rooms just to go check and find there's nobody there. No, tv on, no radio on, no neighbors outside talking. I felt terrified 90% of the time I lived there. Twice after waking up I witnessed what I like to call now "shadow spiders" lol. One seemed to be a good foot long and looked like a tarantula, crawling across the wall opposite my bed (I jumped out of bed and ran to the living room). The other a smaller one with long legs coming down to my face from its thread of web as I woke. Eventually I began sleeping on the living room couch, avoiding my bedroom more than any other room in the house. I believe my undiagnosed anxiety, problems I still had with my ex, and my overall unhappiness at the time may have caused some of these things to happen! But anyway, living in that house was the most terrifying time in my life. I like to celebrate Halloween in the (unhaunted) house I live in now haha Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

ldyserenity
You were in a JAPANESE cemetery, you've got some cajones...

Yeah ... I've got LADY BALLS at times.

(must be my Army training)

Vasa Croe
Were the pics with the man in them or just the cat? Can you post the pics here?

The pictures were of just the tombstones. Kinda fuzzy pictures (old cameras, not like we have now). There wasn't anything supernatural that came out on them. Just the tombstones and the candles and offerings that the family had put there for the dead relatives.

The pictures are probably in the attic somewhere. I'm not feeling up to digging through the attic to find them .. but they don't have anything except old tombstones on them anyways. No spooks. I checked.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have a metric ton of these stories posted here and there in the past on the forums but I will try to narrow it down...

When I was very young I had my first paranormal encounter. I was five years old, in my family's home. I remember this event like it was yesterday, I always have, because it scared the CRAP out of me. I was sitting on the floor of our living room playing the game Operation with myself. My father was in his recliner behind me and I was facing the television. Slightly to the right (about six feet) of the television was the back door, which was open and just the screen door was shut. The back door light was on, my mother was in the adjoining room washing dishes. The sink faced a window that looked out into the back yard on the same wall as the back door.

I remember looking down at the operation game and trying to ease the tongs into get one of the bones without making the buzzer go off. I chickened out, and looked up for some reason to the back door. I saw a HUGE (7 or 8 foot) dark brown completely hairy creature walk slowly past the door. It was as if I looked up at the exact right time to see this THING walk by. I was panic stricken, jumped up turned around to face my father and ran and jumped in his lap. At that very moment my father grabbed my face and looked me dead in the eyes and said in complete and utter DISBELIEF "YOU SAW IT TOO!?".

My father placed me in the recliner, jumped up and looked outside, he called to my mother who was at the window and should have seen it "Did you see that?! Did you see it!?" he yelled. My mom, nonchalantly looked at him and said "What?" she seemed incredibly unaffected by it all. "BIG FOOT" he said, completely seriously. My mother started laughing and begged my father to stop scaring me. He insisted it was real and I did too. I didn't know what this was at the time, I only knew what I had saw.

Later, I did find pictures of big foot and...well..yes indeed that is EXACTLY what this creature looked like. My father went outside and looked around, found nothing. He called next door to where my grandparents lived to ask if they had been out walking by our door, and more importantly, if they had seen anything. They had not been outside that evening but they did say their dogs were freaking out earlier about something. If I ask my mother about this now, to this day, she barely remembers it and writes it off as "You are your fathers child".
______________________________________________________________________________________________

The next thing that happened that I do not understand happened next door at my grandparents house maybe a year after the prior incident. I had gone to sleep in bed with my grandmother ( I was a very skiddish child ) and woke up in the middle of the night to a feeling that I was being watched. I opened my eyes and saw standing above me my GREAT grandmother who was very much alive at the time and would not be caught DEAD (no pun intended) in my grandmothers house because they hated each other. I stared up at her, unable to speak, she eyed me like she was trying to size me up.

She placed her hands on her hips and bent down low right above me looking me in the face like she was trying to figure something out. She stood straight up quickly and disappeared. The next morning I asked my grandmother why Granny was there last night. She laughed at me and told me to stop making things up, there was no way my Granny had been there the night before. They didn't even speak to each other much less hang out at each other's houses in the middle of the night!

Both of these encounters are the most important in my collection of paranormal experiences. The creature and the woman much like my great grandmother above the bed were just as real as anything else I had ever seen. They were not the whispy images of ghosts from cartoons I may have saw or illuminated in any way. They were as real as everyone else in my life, the creature terrified me and the woman over the bed simply made me wonder if there was something wrong with me, or if my great grand was about to die. She lived many many more years, by the way.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

One night my friends and I decided to go to a hot Halloween spot around here, a church with years of rumors about satanism and black magic and all things horrible in the Deep South. We were out taking pictures of tombstones and generally just walking around being freaked out.

I saw one tombstone that had a glow to it and pointed it out to my girlfriend. She encouraged me to take a picture so I did, right as the flash went off a huge owl came flying out of a tree in front of us and smack dab into us. Needless to say I was the first one back in the car.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

When I was about 13 I was at our annual Thanksgiving debacle of extended family which includes a lot of cousins at the time aged between 8-12. There was a group of about 6 or 7 of us. I had smuggled a candle in my back pack and we had a plan, I was going to perform a seance.

The house next to the shed we have Thanksgiving in (yes a huge farm, huge shed) belonged to my great-grandmother on that side of the family who had passed. All of us children and the ones who were older than us had constantly told stories of how it was haunted. Not necessarily by my great-grandmother, just down right haunted.

The house was filled with things you would see in any good horror movie, sheets covering furniture, an old broken organ I had played a few times, old clothing and the like. I picked the very back room to hold our private secret seance in, we gathered in a circle and I lit the candle in the middle.

Remember, I'm 13 and prone to seeing spirits and other odd things already and so is my father so I thought I had this all figured out.

With all of our hands held in the circle I said "If there are any spirits here please show us you are present" .... nothing ... the other kids start peeking at me out of one eye. I repeated "If there are any spirits here please show us you are present" .... right on cue, a HUGE BOX of stuff fell out of the top of the closet right next to us and we were out of that place in about .5 seconds. I assume the candle went out on its own as the house hasn't burned down to this day.

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

ldyserenity

Vasa Croe
reply to post by Wookiep

Nice find...and yep that is the one. There were quite a few in the area with stories behind them but that one is just so odd...sitting vacant for years on a really nice park with multi-million dollar homes all the way around it.

Hey is it for sale or did they give up selling I'd like a house next to million dollar homes at a pennies on the dollar price...I feel I could confidently rid the ghosts... Because I think it's a beautiful house!!

From what I understand the lady who owns it will not sell it. She has been contacted numerous times and does not want to sell. She was the one that started the renovations apparently and then abruptly stopped with tools still in the house....I know they are there because I saw them through the window.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Vasa Croe

ldyserenity

Vasa Croe
reply to post by Wookiep

Nice find...and yep that is the one. There were quite a few in the area with stories behind them but that one is just so odd...sitting vacant for years on a really nice park with multi-million dollar homes all the way around it.

Hey is it for sale or did they give up selling I'd like a house next to million dollar homes at a pennies on the dollar price...I feel I could confidently rid the ghosts... Because I think it's a beautiful house!!

From what I understand the lady who owns it will not sell it. She has been contacted numerous times and does not want to sell. She was the one that started the renovations apparently and then abruptly stopped with tools still in the house....I know they are there because I saw them through the window.

Well that's a bit eccentric, don't ya think? I mean if I had a scary ass haunted house I'd unload that faster than Enron unloading their tax records!!! Maybe it's just because she gets more money for it's popularity and folklore than selling it off???

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well this is not really a scary one, but still out of the norm, so I thought I would share. These events have happened within the last 2 or 3 days. Now the first thing happened the other night, about 4am in the morning my friend was awoken by a noise that sounded like a table begin dragged across the concrete floor in the basement, the basement is unfinished, and is only accessible via the storm doors outside, so we rarely go down there for any reason. Obviously that next morning we checked the basement but nothing was disturbed. That day we noticed that my friends life style skeletons head (its not a real skeleton) had turned at least 40 degrees, so now I have my night vision camera trained on it to capture any movement. The next night we were standing in the kitchen chatting and having an cup of tea, when suddenly the faucet in the upstairs bathroom turned on, I have no explanation for that. Then last night my friend could hear a buzzing from the basement, which means the light was on, you can hear the hum of the electricity from upstairs when it is on, so she went down and sure enough the light was on. So as of now they are our experiences. Nothing at all scary, and it does not bother us as it has happened before, but I just thought I would share.
Happy Halloween all.

Steve.

reply to post by Vasa Croe

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Nice ones.

My wife swears to this day that she and her best friend were using a Ouija board and were contacted by her best friends little brother that passed. Said he spelled his name out and told her friend he loved her and missed her.

That freaked them out enough to burn the board and never use one again even though it was a sweet message.

As far as bigfoot outside my window.....I would not be real excited to see that in my backyard prowling around...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

hundredreas0ns
Well this is not really a scary one, but still out of the norm, so I thought I would share. These events have happened within the last 2 or 3 days. Now the first thing happened the other night, about 4am in the morning my friend was awoken by a noise that sounded like a table begin dragged across the concrete floor in the basement, the basement is unfinished, and is only accessible via the storm doors outside, so we rarely go down there for any reason. Obviously that next morning we checked the basement but nothing was disturbed. That day we noticed that my friends life style skeletons head (its not a real skeleton) had turned at least 40 degrees, so now I have my night vision camera trained on it to capture any movement. The next night we were standing in the kitchen chatting and having an cup of tea, when suddenly the faucet in the upstairs bathroom turned on, I have no explanation for that. Then last night my friend could hear a buzzing from the basement, which means the light was on, you can hear the hum of the electricity from upstairs when it is on, so she went down and sure enough the light was on. So as of now they are our experiences. Nothing at all scary, and it does not bother us as it has happened before, but I just thought I would share.
Happy Halloween all.

Steve.

While they may not be considered scary by you, I would certainly have been worried had those things occurred in my house. Do you know of any stories or history related to the house that may give some insight on it?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

ldyserenity

Vasa Croe

ldyserenity

Vasa Croe
reply to post by Wookiep

Well that's a bit eccentric, don't ya think? I mean if I had a scary ass haunted house I'd unload that faster than Enron unloading their tax records!!! Maybe it's just because she gets more money for it's popularity and folklore than selling it off???

I thought the same thing. We were actually looking around the area at houses for sale, not the million dollar ones mind you, but it just struck me as odd that it has sat there vacant for so long now. It is truly a very nice area and tons of history there.

Many of the squares in the area, including the one in front of this house, are historical graveyards with no markers so they can't be removed and there are a TON of them in Savannah. Some of the most interesting history I have ever dug into comes from Savannah. Love the town and not too far from me. Have some family there as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Once lived in an old house, which I had moved from another location.
One night I woke up and noticed a light which sat on an end table was glowing. Not lite like a light left on, but the shade was just glowing. My movement woke my wife who asked what was wrong. I didn't want to scary her so I said, "I need to get up and make a trip." (code for a bathroom run).
I went into the livingroom to get a closer look and it went dark. As I walked over to the lamp, I remembered there was no plug close to it. I looked over inside the shade and there was no bulb in the socket.
I really needed to go to the bathroom then, but never mentioned it to the wife.
While living there, my daughters often talked about the lady that came to visit them some nights. They said she told them not to worry, no one would hurt them.

A few years after we sold the house and moved, the woman who lived there, saw a "flame like a torch" come up from the top of the electric stove and blow right through the roof. She and a friend barely got out before the whole house burned completely.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I have several Ouija stories too, can't believe I forgot those, those are some of the creepiest!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey greats posts so far in this thread. Totally having a good time on my lunch break reading.

I never did see the same wraith guy again. I do however a few times a year see shadow spiders or things the same size scurrying around in the dark at my place. Bout the size if tarantulas but moving very quickly on the wall. Usually coming right for me. They also seem to have more legs than a spider and they never appear exactly the same each time. They also come in bouts when I say I see the a few times a year. Ill see them in consecutive nights two or three times then nothing for months.

Not sure what they are. I feel like they are extra dimensional perhaps extraterrestrial using dimensions to remotely explore with out leaving wherever they are.

Another poster mentioned near death experiences. I've almost drowned twice. Both times I was underwater for well over a minute and saw my life flash before my eyes and was given some super strength to pull myself to the surface again. What they say us true you do see your life flash before your eyes. Coupled with a profound sadness that you will be missing your family and friends. The. Suddenly on reflection of those thought you get the power from somewhere to pull you're self free.

So the near death experience thing is something that I be et considered in opening me up to being more sensitive to the paranormal.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

teamcommander

Once lived in an old house, which I had moved from another location.
One night I woke up and noticed a light which sat on an end table was glowing. Not lite like a light left on, but the shade was just glowing. My movement woke my wife who asked what was wrong. I didn't want to scary her so I said, "I need to get up and make a trip." (code for a bathroom run).
I went into the livingroom to get a closer look and it went dark. As I walked over to the lamp, I remembered there was no plug close to it. I looked over inside the shade and there was no bulb in the socket.
I really needed to go to the bathroom then, but never mentioned it to the wife.
While living there, my daughters often talked about the lady that came to visit them some nights. They said she told them not to worry, no one would hurt them.

A few years after we sold the house and moved, the woman who lived there, saw a "flame like a torch" come up from the top of the electric stove and blow right through the roof. She and a friend barely got out before the whole house burned completely.

It is always the stories where the ghosts talk to kids that creep me out the most. I have 3 of my own and you know when a kid is pulling your leg or telling the truth and when you ask who they are talking to and they tell you "So and So and they are right in front of you, can't you see her?" so matter of fact you know they are telling the truth....that is the kind of story that freaks me out.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

ValentineWiggin

I have several Ouija stories too, can't believe I forgot those, those are some of the creepiest!

Yeah....Ouija and children stories really get my goose bumps going.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

GNOarmy
reply to post by queenofsheba

Pretty freaky! I have never experienced shaking like that, but have had the bed, sofa somewhat vibrate or shake slightly. I wasn't the only one experiencing that. Its weird. Goes on to this day.

I've had that in my past apartments and some outhouses I've slept in. Always put it down to someone using a spin-dryer or washing machine at night when electricity is cheaper.

The strangest things I've encountered were in the two Victorian homes we lived in. The first time was when I was around five or six and was woken up by something flying clockwise round in circles around my bedroom light-bulb casting a golden light - I remember the shadow of the cable it cast. It had something like a qp shape. I remember standing up to have a closer look, and terrified out of my mind I called out for my dad. When the light when on, it flew in a straight line towards the wall and just seemed to disappear.

Another time when I was little, I had a dream there was an airman up in our attic and asked for help (we lived in a block of three flats with an attic on the top floor, access to the attic was via a shaky sloping ladder of dusty planks of wood. The attic itself had a floor made of polished wood, still with splinters, and a small skylight to provide some light. Someone had left the skylight open and a bird had flown in and injured its wing.

In the second placed we stayed in, a terraced house, I'd experience drops of water just materialize out of nowhere. Even in a room with low ceilings, where standing on a chair would allow the wallpaper to be inspected for damp. The ceiling would always be dry. I'd also imagine hearing the front door closing minutes before my parents came home.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Summer 1978... East side of Indianapolis, IN. I was 11 years old and hang out at a friends house. We were the only two in the house.
It was a two story house. The stair came down part of the way on an inside wall to a landing turned and came down another 4 steps. We were sitting in the living room and heard a noise, turned to look and saw a spool of thread bouncing down the steps. It rolled to the landing, spun a bit then continued down the steps were it rolled to the middle of empty room there, which should have been the dining room. This room had a hard wood floor.
we got up to check it out and saw that the thread had been unraveling as it rolled. The spool started spinning like crazy and we saw that thread was unraveling very quickly. We thought that a mouse had got tangled in it and was running through the house. We, being kids, chased the thread up the steps, when it ran out and left the spool spinning in the middle of the room.
We were pretty damn scared, when we found the tight and tiny ball of thread sitting neatly in the middle at the top of the stairs!!!
Happy Halloween!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I've experienced some strange things in my life. The creepiest though? Well, the only thing that truly comes to mind would be the day that I witnessed an apparition in my bedroom. And believe me, it was not a normal apparition by any stretch of the imagination (if you can call ghosts normal that is).

It happened on a weekend. I can't recall what day it was, but it was probably Saturday. I had a late night the night before, and had intended to sleep in the next day. I recall waking up abruptly, and for no apparent reason. I was wide awake, yet I found myself incapable of moving much. I was laying on my side, and I could still crane my head a bit. I remember telling myself that this was sleep paralysis, and to remain calm. Which I tried damn hard to do, though I didn't quite succeed.

I felt compelled to look above the head of my bed for some inexplicable reason. What I saw will remain with me for the rest of my life. It was an apparition of a woman. A very beautiful woman. She wasn't misty or anything of the sort. She seemed pretty damn corporeal to me, which in and of itself was extremely freaky. Why (besides the obvious)?

Because she was a disembodied head that was staring at me.

She opened her mouth and actually SPOKE to me. Though I was still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that a beautiful disembodied head was actually speaking to me, and missed some of what she said. You'll have to excuse me for being freaked out.

I don't recall much of what she told me. And, like I said, I missed some of it. She mentioned something along the lines of "Beware of her," she said something else after that and ended her warning with "in the shower."

After she said that, I recall just staring at her (dazed and in disbelief), and feeling extremely exhausted all of a sudden. More exhausted that I have perhaps ever been. Which was very strange, since I was wide awake and not tired in the least since my abrupt awakening.

My head hit the pillow, and I was asleep (or perhaps I passed out?) within seconds. When I woke up, the woman was gone. I myself am not sure if this was merely a dream, a hallucination, or the real deal. To this day, I'm not sure. But that was by far the strangest, and perhaps creepiest, thing to ever happen to me to date. Regardless of whether it was a dream or not.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by Lunarian because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've had a lifetime of experiences, and they are spread out through my thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They all scared me, so I'll just pick one.

You see, I had a ghost that tormented me everyday in my youth. It did little things at first, like opening the closet door, scratching on my bed railings, turning things on and off, etc. But then one night...

It was when I had gone to bed early and left my mother and sister in the living room watching t.v.
I crawled under the cover and was prepared for sleep.
Then, I get "that feeling" that always came over me when the ghost came around.

As I lay there waiting to see what will happen, I felt two hands grab my ankles and it pulled me down toward the foot of the bed!!

I was so terrified I couldn't even scream!

I always called on my angel to come help me. After that it let go, and I got up and walked back to the living room and sat down with Mom and Sis.

Mom asked why I got up. I told her I couldn't sleep, and let it go at that.
She never believed anything I said about my paranormal experiences, so I didn't bother sharing what had happened.

I only saw it one time when it peeped around the hallway corner at me when I was at the house alone a couple of years later. It was black!

My ghost was a demon!!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

That makes me think of the shadow that stood by my bed! I was 16 going on 17,when I woke one night,I was wondering why I suddenly woke like that,sat up+started looking around,when I saw this swirling mist in the corner of my bedroom.It looked like a dustdevil,a white greyish mist dustdevil almost.I thought I saw a shortish person person standing inside it,in fact having just woken,I thought it was my mother,for a moment+wondered what she'd be doing in the corner of my room at such a time.

Next thing there's this tall black shadow next to my bed,shape of a man.I cannot even begin to imagine why I did'nt scream my head off.But I was'nt afraid for some reason(though not 100% comfy,of course) but was very curious,I remember that,I wanted to see its face,so I lay back down and stared up at it,really straining to see.But there were no features,it looked like black velvet,darkest black,it certainly stood out against the darkness of the room.I got an impression of shadows swirling like mist within the confines of the silhouette.Its head was bent,looking down at me,just standing motionless,also looking down at me.

Idk how long that went on,it felt like minutes,but I started to get really tired and like I could not keep my eyes open.I looked at it+sent it a sort of message,to the tune of:I'm sorry but I am really so tired,I need to sleep.Then I turned my back to it,I must've sensed it was'nt out to cause me harm.And I could still feel it standing there looking at me-that sounds a mindbendingly strange thing,to turn one's back to it, but I honestly felt no hatred or menace from it,but much curiosity,just that it wanted to visit with me for some reason,and I fell asleep.

Next morning it was of course the 1st thing that came to mind + I told my mother of it,she thought it may have been my late adoptive father,her own recently deceased husband.The silhouette suited his shape in life,more or less,and I wonder sometimes,was it him? It would explain why I did'nt feel afraid,I guess.

S+f for the thread,great idea!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Did you know there is a school for magic in Phillie? I know some people who have attended it. Live in Phillie outside what was then the Naval Home, for two years. It was a very interesting place to visit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join