It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Host: "The Clintons represent a style of honesty that the public craves right now"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The Clintons need to retire, Christ anyone else asking themselves yet if the term of the bush and Clintons is over yet?
Christ enough already, as their has been ample people missing and idioticy with days of our lives scinopisis with terms

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
ROFL! Honesty? ...Really? Bill Clinton was almost impeached for LYING under oath. Yeah there real honest.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

reply to post by crimvelvet While also entitled to your opinion, I, again post the link:

It is NOT my opinion it is the opinion of a DEMOCRAT with the actual data listed that backs up what he said.

You might actually try READING some time.

As far as FactCheck.org goes I would not believe her if she said the sun is shining. THIS is why:

Trojan Horse Law: The Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009
Lori Robertson of FactCheck.org, who is not a lawyer (she has a B.A. in advertising), claims the bill doesn’t apply to “that tomato plant in your backyard.” As a lawyer, I am skeptical of this claim (I co-represented the prevailing defendant in the last successful constitutional challenge to federal regulation under the interstate commerce clause, United States v. Morrison (2000), one of only two cases in 70 years in which a challenge was successful). Congress's power under the Constitution's Commerce Clause is almost unlimited in the eyes of the courts, and thus can reach the "tomato plant in your backyard."....

Ignorance about the law’s broad reach (and how it will be construed by the courts) has thwarted opposition to the bill, which will likely pass Congress. For example, a newspaper claims the bill “doesn’t regulate home gardens.” The newspaper probably assumed that was true because the bill, like most federal laws, only purports to reach activities that affect “interstate commerce.” To an uninformed layperson or journalist, that “sounds as if it might not reach local and mom-and-pop operators at all.” (The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Rosa DeLauro, has sought to forestall opposition to her bill by falsely claiming that that “the Constitution’s commerce clause prevents the federal government from regulating commerce that doesn’t cross state lines.”)

But lawyers familiar with our capricious legal system know better. The Supreme Court ruled in Wickard v. Filburn (1942) that even home gardens (in that case, a farmer’s growing wheat for his own consumption) are subject to federal laws that regulate interstate commerce. Economists and scholars have criticized this decision, but it continues to be cited and followed in Supreme Court rulings, such as those applying federal anti-drug laws to consumption of even home-grown medical marijuana. Indeed, many court decisions allow Congress to define as “interstate commerce” even non-commercial conduct that doesn’t cross state lines — something directly at odds with Rep. DeLauro’s claims.

Lori Robertson of FactCheck.org,... has a B.A. in advertising In other words her specialty is PROPAGANDA and in the case above she was working for the AG Corporate Cartel promoting a law that will wipe out US independent farmers so the Ag cartel will have a monopoly on food and you will not even have the ability to have a home garden. (The USDA is already getting people to voluntarily register their home gardens.)

FactCheck receives funds from The Pew Charitable Trusts which is funded by Joseph Pew’s Sun Oil Company earnings and from Annenberg Foundation who donates to Tides Foundation & Tides Center.

Tides purpose is to hide grants made to questionable recipients.

...In practice, “Tides” behaves less like a philanthropy than a money-laundering enterprise (apologies to Procter & Gamble), taking money from other foundations and spending it as the donor requires. Called donor-advised giving, this pass-through funding vehicle provides public-relations insulation for the money’s original donors. By using Tides to funnel its capital, a large public charity can indirectly fund a project with which it would prefer not to be directly identified in public. Drummond Pike has reinforced this view, telling The Chronicle of Philanthropy: “Anonymity is very important to most of the people we work with.”... LINK

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

When I saw this I thought the point was that even the Clintons (who were extremely dishonest) look honest when stacked up to Obama. I am from MA, and when Cinton visits Martha's Vineyard it's like the worlds biggest superstar has landed, but even in MA the Clintons were known to be pretty dishonest.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

lol at style

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
about this phrase "americans have short memories"...it's not only americans, literally every nation's people in this world have short term memories...

name one country wherein its citizens never forgot its government officials trespasses?

none.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

So let me get this straight.....You are comparing taxes, ruining the economy, war, jobs, OBAMA, etc.....With someone who lied about having sex?

NO! I am looking at a man who royally screwed over the USA. I don't give a crap about his sex life.

1. Clinton and his buddies SOLD US Military technology to China that now has the Chinese on a par with the USA.

This takes on new meaning when in March of 2009 at the start of the FEDs mad printing binge the Chinese say...

Meanwhile, China's Premier Wen Jiabao says he's "worried" about the health of China's $1 trillion worth of U.S. Treasury bonds. The consequence of a slowing U.S. economy, weakening stock market and massive government spending are threatening to send the dollar lower over time, devaluing holdings like Treasuries..
Mr Luo, whose English tends toward the colloquial, added: “We hate you guys. Once you start issuing $1 trillion-$2 trillion [$1,000bn-$2,000bn] . . .we know the dollar is going to depreciate, so we hate you guys but there is nothing much we can do.”
www.usnews.com...

2. Clinton persuaded Congress to ratify The World Trade Organization and NAFTA. Later he gave China most favored nation status and helped get China admitted to WTO. This caused a massive trade imbalance and loss of US jobs.

Massive U.S. Job Loss to China Trade Shown by State and Congressional District
High-Tech Industries Losing Jobs at the Fastest Rate; California, Texas, New York Among Biggest Losers...

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The United States is hemorrhaging millions of jobs as a result of the nation’s growing trade deficit, largely with China, according to a report issued today by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI). Contrary to conventional wisdom, high-tech industries are losing jobs faster than any other sector of the economy, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) pointed out.

Since China joined the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001, 2.4 million jobs have been lost or displaced in the United States as a result of the burgeoning trade deficit with that nation, the report concludes.

Growing trade deficits cost jobs in every state and congressional district (CD), the report found, including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The computer, electronic equipment and parts industries experienced the largest growth in trade deficits with China, resulting in 628,000 job losses—26 percent of all jobs displaced by trade between 2001 and 2008.

The EPI report is the first to break down job losses to the congressional district level. Using the EPI data, AAM created an interactive map showing the impact by CDs. The hardest-hit districts were located in California and Texas, where remaining jobs in these industries are concentrated, and also in North Carolina, which was hit by job displacement in a variety of manufacturing industries. Other populous states like New York and Illinois also had major job losses.

“China’s cheating is causing America to lose more than just the capacity to make widgets in the one-sided trade arrangements with China,” said AAM Executive Director Scott Paul. “Sophisticated electronics and high-tech products that once were made in the United States are increasingly being made in China instead. We are losing more and more of these good jobs.”

The report cites China’s currency manipulation as a major cause of the growing U.S. trade deficit with that nation. China has tightly pegged its currency to the dollar at a rate that encourages a large bilateral surplus with the United States. Other causes of the deficit include massive industrial subsidies in China, lax labor and environmental law enforcement, intellectual property theft and piracy and Chinese policies that block market access to U.S. firms....

“Currency manipulation may sound like a highly technical subject, but its impact is simple,” AAM’s Paul said. “U.S. exports to China cost up to 40 percent more in China and Chinese exports to our consumers enjoy a subsidy of a similar amount. That’s unfair and unacceptable.” AAM is supporting efforts by Congress to penalize currency manipulation, and has urged the Obama administration to acknowledge that China is a currency manipulator, in the Treasury Department report due April 15.

The impact of the China trade deficit is not restricted to the jobs displaced, the report found. Competition with low-wage workers from less-developed countries also has driven down wages for other workers in manufacturing and reduced the wages and bargaining power of similar workers throughout the economy—essentially all production workers with less than a four-year college degree, roughly 80 percent of the private-sector workforce.

For a typical full-time, median-wage earner in 2006, these indirect losses reduced their annual income by approximately $1,400, ...
(Article has links)

3. Clinton signed the banking laws that caused the foreclosure mess.

The real estate bubble began in 1996, 3 years into his presidency.

The relevant laws

The McFadden Act of 1927 or Amendment to the National Banking Laws and the Federal Reserve Act (P.L. 69-639, 44 STAT. 1224): Prohibited interstate banking.

Clinton's Law: Negating above:
Riegle-Neal Interstate Banking and Branching Efficiency Act of 1994 (P.L. 103-328, 108 STAT. 2338).
Permits bank holding companies to acquire banks in any state one year Beginning June 1, 1997, allows interstate mergers.

The Glass-Steagall Act or Banking Act of 1933 (P.L. 73-66, 48 STAT. 162): Separated commercial banking from investment banking, establishing them as separate lines of commerce.

Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 (P.L. 84-511, 70 STAT. 133): Prohibited bank holding companies headquartered in one state from acquiring a bank in another state.

Clinton's Law: Negating both of the above laws:
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999 (P.L. 106-102, 113 STAT 1338)

Repeals last vestiges of the Glass Steagall Act of 1933. Modifies portions of the Bank Holding Company Act to allow affiliations between banks and insurance underwriters. Law creates a new financial holding company authorized to engage in: underwriting and selling insurance and securities, conducting both commercial and merchant banking, investing in and developing real estate and other "complimentary activities."

Amends the Community Reinvestment Act to require that financial holding companies can not be formed before their insured depository institutions receive and maintain a satisfactory CRA rating.
Makes significant changes in the operation of the Federal Home Loan Bank System...

www.fdic.gov...

The critical part is the Commodity Futures Modernization Act. This allowed CDSs to be placed on mortgages. If a bank has CDSs on your mortgage the bank WANTS to force a foreclosure. See: AIG Bailout Driving Foreclosures

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tomoe723

name one country wherein its citizens never forgot its government officials trespasses?

GERMANY!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

crimvelvet
reply to post by tomoe723

GERMANY!

LOL really??!!

however, i think nazi/hitler gov't don't count/is exempted from this... haha.

besides, for germans, i think they'd want to forget what their gov't did seeing that they're always blamed in general for nazi/hitler crimes.
edit on 302013112013America/Chicago723 by tomoe723 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I often feel like I'm living in some kind of bizarro world. I have a different definition of honest. Honest or not surely America can find someone better than Clinton. She wouldn't be completely unqualified but a large part of her appeal is the Clinton brand name and I think Americans should look for whoever is the hardest working politician with the best track record regardless of what their last name is. Or maybe someone outside politics who has produced exceptional results in their field if the choices within the political system are not satisfactory.

The big problem is a politician can't win or get their message across properly without the media backing them and the media will always go with someone who is good for the interests of their parent companies or even if they are a pure media company with no parent company go for whoever is the best story and Hillary is a good story. Controversial well known figure, wife of former President and the first female president and that sells papers or whatever they sell these days.
edit on 1-11-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

john452
I often feel like I'm living in some kind of bizarro world. I have a different definition of honest.

I agree.

Only in America could a serial rapist rise to command-n-chief and be fairly well protected by the media. Watching the documentaries on CIA drug smuggling into Mena, Arkansas under the protection of Wild Bill CLinton reads like a soap-opera on steroids. I guess it wasn't a soap-opera to the people being murdered around this smuggling operation.

Only the military and/or the CIA can sucessfully get away with the sheer quantities of murder connected to these operations.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There are a couple or three videos on YouTube that attempt to reveal the full scope of the crimes connected to the Clintons. This is the most important of them:

I don't believe the people interviewed in this video are lying. I grew up in a place in eastern Canada a lot like Arkansas and I trust these people. For the most part they are humble, decent people and I am absolutely convinced that they are telling the truth.

To me the Clintons are like Olympic gold medalists who won by taking illegal substances. One always wonders about the person who came sixth in the race, the honest person, the great athlete who didn't cheat to win.

What would America have become if didn't have candidates at the top backed by teams of thugs and murderers?
edit on 1-11-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What would America have become if didn't have candidates at the top backed by teams of thugs and murderers?

We'll never know.

Somewhere along the way the US got saddled with a gangster government. It may have stated with the murder of Kennedy, but it became totally obvious when the Bush clan came to power.

The video below is another good one -- filled with names, dates and places. I was absolutely stunned with the murder of the two teenagers that stumbled on the drug drop zone in Arkansas. The coroners background and statements are completely bizarre.

edit on 1-11-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

I agree absolutely.

Some of the most despicable politicians in the history of the United States are absolutely typical representatives of American/Puritan society.

In the novel, The Scarlet Letter, novelist Nathaniel Hawthorne explores one of the principle dilemmas of an essentially hypocritical society, a failure to come to terms with real life in an honest and compassionate way. Arthur Dimmesdale could be Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush, or any of a number of deeply conflicted personalities in American politics.

These are people who acknowledge the necessity of morality and ethics in society but who, through personal weakness coupled with unlimited ambition, exempt themselves from observing the strictures a lawful society imposes on its members, and then go the further mile of hypocritically pretending to be observers of those strictures.

en.wikipedia.org...

Next to Hester Prynne herself, Dimmesdale is often considered Hawthorne's finest character. His dilemma takes up a significant portion of the novel, bringing out Hawthorne's most famous statements on many of the concepts that recur throughout his works: guilt and redemption, truth and falsehood, and others. Dimmesdale faces a problem that is both simple and paradoxical. Arthur Dimmesdale struggles with the knowledge of his sin, and inability to disclose it to Puritan society and his desire for confession. He attempts to ameliorate the pressure of this position by punishing himself (both physically and mentally), and by insisting to his parishioners that he is a base, worthless creature. Yet without the awareness of his specific crime, his flock takes his protestations of worthlessness as further evidence of his holiness (a fact of which he is well aware); since, in the Puritan conception, awareness of one's sinful worthlessness is a necessary component of whatever virtue is available to humans. Thus, Dimmesdale has been taken as an example of a conflict typical of Puritans (or seen as such by Hawthorne from his historical distance).

The lives of Bush and Clinton are not so broadly drawn but one could argue that Bill Clinton's philanthropic efforts are an attempt to make up for past crimes against his own fellow citizens and his own country. An attempt to redeem himself. I tend to think of Bush as an unrepentant old Luciferian. He's more guarded about his personal life.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow

Bill lied under oath.
Hillary is involved in the Benghazi cover up.

They are next level liars.

INDEED.

It is beginning to appear to be REQUIRED

that in order to serve the oligarchy in the higher government slots . . .

one MUST BE a pathological liar of proven . . . skills . . . and plastic smile abilities.

Additional sought skills seem to be tendencies and habits of

--rape
--massive theft
--massive corruption
--greed
--ruthlessness
--malicious meanness
--duplicity to the max
--outrageously blind homicidal, genocidal & suicidal compulsions
. . .

the list could go on and on.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

crimvelvet

I do not think the Spanish people are going to forgive Obama and the democrats any time soon for the crap they pulled on Zimmerman.

Nor are they going to forgive Clinton and NAFTA that resulted in wiping out 75% of their farms.

Nor are they going to forgive having GMO corn contaminating native corn.

Nor the Monsanto seed banks stealing the genetics they spent thousands of years improving.

Nor are they as ignorant as some people think when it comes to politics.

I hope you are right. Certainly many Hispanics are far from ignorant . . . I hope they hold the traitorous Clinton's feet to the fires of harvesting what the Clinton's have sown. Few evil doers deserve it more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join