It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Druidry/Alternative spiritual practice and why Christianity despises it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Bayy007
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Its all about what you believe. If your new faith has helped you with all the tragedy then I am happy for you. It still doesn't mean that what happened to you will happen to everyone who practices this though..It's all about state of mind.

My young friend, you are wise and have a good heart.

The story is very long and very complex and takes place from Michigan to the east coast to Wisconsin and back to Michigan. I am writing a book about it all, but its so complicated without hearing the entire thing it is impossible to have empathy with it.

The simple way is the warning I gave to start with. Unless you were raised in another century and a different country the room for error is not worth the risk. Dabbling in the Tarot will not cause any trouble, I did a psychic party just two weeks ago, they would have been really confused if they new I was now a Christian! lol I only warned you because I felt you were a good young person. Try not to get too deep. Celebrating the Sabbats and Esbats and dabbing in the Tarot wont hurt much.

Please stay away from high Magick though ok?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

KellyPrettyBear

After you hit bottom, maybe you will find the gift that was
the entire reason for this to begin with.

Love,

KPB

Thank you, i hope I will one day.

I would love to hear more of your battle with Maitreya in front of 10,000 people. I've wondered what happened to him, he showed up in the little African town and has been off the radar ever since.

Please do tell I am intrigued!

Love to you, LGM

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

LoneGunMan

KellyPrettyBear

After you hit bottom, maybe you will find the gift that was
the entire reason for this to begin with.

Love,

KPB

Thank you, i hope I will one day.

I would love to hear more of your battle with Maitreya in front of 10,000 people. I've wondered what happened to him, he showed up in the little African town and has been off the radar ever since.

Please do tell I am intrigued!

Love to you, LGM

I responded to your PM. It was really nothing. Not worth being titillated
about. People in this world create 'monsters of the ID' all the time..
giving life to the thing they fear the most.

Love,

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Shoot me a name of the book sometime, it is something I would be interested in reading. I will send my goodwill towards you, I'm positive that it only gets better from here.

I will follow this road wherever it takes me, with care. I seek to better this planet by the time I'm given and I hold true to that belief. I do think my upbringing had a lot to do with my beliefs but I don't think it hindered me one bit, I feel it has only opened my eyes wide enough to see the possibilities.

With that being said I believe we create our own magic and I would never diminish it I think it's our light we give off inside. You know that electricity we get sometimes and you feel a rush of happiness course through your veins. It literally feels like sunlight. It's our light.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

You got into a fistfight with a mystic?
Wow, details, please. o_o

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I know that you are being a tease.. but no, no fists were
involved. I was approximately 20 feet away at all times,
before the black magician in question turned tail and
ran screaming "there is resistance! there is resistance!"
out the auditorium doors in front of his 10,000 new age
attendees

That's all the detail I wish to provide in an open forum.
And again, it was almost nothing.. I didn't do much more
than give him a hug so to speak. Some crusty old bastards
will do anything to avoid being loved and hugged and named
George.

KPB

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
These people had issues, really they transmit and receive frequencies at the very lower bands of the current range of our mutual interest. They are for lack of better terms, weaker or not spiritually adept enough to project self confidence. They have sucker written all over them. So dark forces use several religion programs to brain wash or more acurately, execute imprints. Project the light from inside. This is divine power. Your divine power. This is yours. Don't give it away to them.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE
These people had issues, really they transmit and receive frequencies at the very lower bands of the current range of our mutual interest. They are for lack of better terms, weaker or not spiritually adept enough to project self confidence. They have sucker written all over them. So dark forces use several religion programs to brain wash or more acurately, execute imprints. Project the light from inside. This is divine power. Your divine power. This is yours. Don't give it away to them.

Ok, I want to dissect your sentence, to gain semantic content.

"These people had issues, really they transmit and receive frequencies at the very lower bands of the current range of our mutual interest. "

Are you talking about the audience, the secret society who sponsors
the public black magician, the summoned entities/conjured entities
or what?

and "our mutual interest"

"They are for lack of better terms, weaker or not spiritually adept enough to project self confidence. They have sucker written all over them."

Again, who are "they" ?

Who is this "our"

" So dark forces use several religion programs to brain wash or more
acurately, execute imprints."

yes, that would be accurate.. although the little entities were also
feeding on the audience.

"Project the light from inside. This is divine power. Your divine power.
This is yours. Don't give it away to them."

Care to explain?

Would you prefer I'd have let a 'biblical plague' descend upon the
world? You think I might run out of 'power' ?

I always appreciate participation.. but writing clearly for your
audience is always a good thing.

KPB

OK.. finally found you.. whether you know it or not, you are channeling
the 'so-called Ra collective", which is a distortion of a REAL collective
that I am intimately familiar with.

edit on 28-10-2013 by KellyPrettyBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lostgirl

God does not live in the Bible...He lives in the heart. To truly be a Christian, one must live from the heart of Christ's teachings of: non-judgement, forgiveness, and Love for all peoples…

I'm still reading, but I caught that comment. The Christian definition of God in that aspect relates directly to what most pagans believe. Non-judgement, forgiveness, and Love. Are we so different?

I see one group claiming a moniker to rally behind, and one, finding it within themselves.

Back to reading.....

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

My wife asked me once why I like "pagan" ritual, stories etc yet seem to despise Christian texts. I came to the conclusion (my own opinion of course) that Christian text is void of any real emotion, it's a flat text explained in an almost scientific way. On a spiritual level I also cannot connect to an entire religious text contained within a desert environment, using customs, dress, speech and logic that is alien to me. My people came from northern Europe, not a desert (at least not for many tens of thousands of years). Stories of trees, the sea and mountains speak more to me than wandering a desert. Just my opinion.
Oh and yes my wife did, as usual, roll her eyes at my answer.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Rockpuck

You need to work on your pimp hand.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

My pimp hand can't hide that I'm now on room 2 covering a wall full of books that she can hardly pronounce and would likely force the average reader into a coma of boredom. Except of course that I, unlike many Masons, make it a point of pride to point at my books and be able to say "you won't find morals and dogma here!"

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Rockpuck
Except of course that I, unlike many Masons, make it a point of pride to point at my books and be able to say "you won't find morals and dogma here!"

I have Morals and Dogma but I hide it behind House of Leaves.

Or maybe inside...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

AugustusMasonicus

Rockpuck

You need to work on your pimp hand.

Bwahahahaha hahahaha!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

I'm going to start off with what is usually my final thought, but far too many "Christians" have replaced the compassion and lessons of Christ with suspicion, hatred, militancy, intolerance, and fanaticism. I also make the point that I am a Christian, but I can't stand what so many of my fellow followers have done in the name of my faith. I'm fairly religious, but I'm private about my faith and I don't deep dick it down people's throats.

Your co-worker shouldn't be bothered as she shouldn't be bringing her faith into work and allowing that to affect the environment. If your personal faith causes you to be ostracized or suppressed in any way at work you could have a claim to file, but it seems like you shouldn't be too bothered by her as she sounds like someone you wouldn't want to be associated with in the first place.

Now, with all of that said, you cannot believe that all Christians act this way.

reply to post by Druid42

LOL, no it doesn't. Pagan comes from "paganus" which in Latin means "country dweller, villager, rustic". Back in the ancient days, urban centers were places where new ideas were often introduced so when Christianity took hold, it was the urban centers that converted the fastest and those who stuck to their previous and older faiths were considered pagan as they were more apt to stick to older ways.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

My opinion on people who use religion to help them shed their addictions is that they've replaced one addiction with another to certain extent. That being said, I'd far rather have them praying than I would doing hard drugs or drinking too much. That doesn't mean they won't be any less pushy about it, though.

Christian objection to Druidic faith would likely arise out of ancient practices that had to do with human sacrifice although of course such things would not be associated with the modern practice. And there would also be the usual objection based off of not being a follower of Christ which can even be applied between different Christian sects, so take that how you will.

My advice would be to try to let this lady roll off your back without going into what your beliefs are. She's probably one of those people who may go out of her way to try to save you if you reveal that you're "pagan." She'll mean well, but it sounds a bit like religion is her new drug, so be careful.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

reply to post by EllaMarina

Ignorance is shady. Hooded cloaks are evil? LOL!!!! Really?

reply to post by EnochWasRight

You are misinformed on what "paganism" is.

reply to post by Rapha

Who asked for this advice?

reply to post by Rockpuck

You don't have M&D on your bookshelf?! Blasphemy! LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I stand corrected.

From Oxford Dictionaries:

Origin: late Middle English: from Latin paganus 'villager, rustic', from pagus 'country district'. Latin paganus also meant 'civilian', becoming, in Christian Latin, 'heathen' (i.e., one not enrolled in the army of Christ)

and from Urban Dictionary:

1. Pagan A somewhat vague term derived from from the Latin word paganus. Pagan is a term which refers to a variety of different religions ranging from Wicca, to that of ancient Egypt and even Hinduism, among many others. Some Pagans are of no specific religion, but rather are eclectic. In general Pagan religions have more than one deity, or many gods which are aspects of one (an idea similar to that of the Christian trinity). Another quite common feature of Pagan religions are that they tend to be nature oriented. Pagan can also be used as a derogatory word for any non-Judeo/Christian/Islamic religion. "The religion of the ancient Greeks is a Pagan religion"

2. Pagan Put basically, any religion with more than one god, otherwise known as polytheism. Usually nature based, but not necessarily in a hippy "flower power" way. The term Pagan is usually applied to the old European pre-Christian religions of the Greeks/Romans, the Germanic tribes (such as the Vikings, Saxons and Danes etc) and the Celtic tribes. Wicca is a more modern blend of Paganism, that includes elements of all the above religions. Pagans can be found in all walks of life, from the Hippies through to Neo-Nazi groups and all in between. This goes to show that there are many forms and beliefs within Paganism. Anton LaVey's form of Satanism includes many elements of paganism, almost an anti-Wicca. Alot of Pagans attempt to hide their religion from their peers as pagans have been persecuted since the early days of Christianity, and as such some tend to have anti-Christian views. That said, if they are known pagans, most pagans will quite gladly give time to help out people starting out on the pagan path and will talk to non-pagans about their views and beliefs. "Christmas and other Christian holidays are Pagan rip-offs"

I was trying be be generalized, and provide information for the OP and others. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I don't think hooded cloaks are evil, it's just my guess that they have an unfounded reputation for being such.

edit on 29-10-2013 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

ketsuko

Christian objection to Druidic faith would likely arise out of ancient practices that had to do with human sacrifice although of course such things would not be associated with the modern practice.

And where is your proof of human sacrifice please? Please don't go quoting various books at me without investigating their source please....bit like Sorcha Faal if you understand.

I get really p***** off when people start bleating on about druids because of what they have read in books.....because the main failure of their argument is that they have no evidence about what they claim to be druidic practices as TRUE druidry never wrote anything down, still don't and over the millenia....yes true druidry has and is still around. I wish people would stop bundling druids in with pagans.

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join