It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse microwave' can chill wine bottles and fizzy drink cans in 45 seconds!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Did Search, came up empty.
I think this is really cool! Get it cool

A reverse microwave has been created which can chill any drink in a matter of seconds and that it saves energy by %80. I would love to get one of these.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just hang a six pack from your car mirror and take a ride. It will be cold in minutes at fifty five mph. You could loose it at a stop sign but might make some new friends in the process. Sticking it in front of the car radiator works well also if you already have enough friends.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

It's all very well, but i think one of the root issues that screws up the world is that people want stuff immediately and see no need to have some patience or forethought, or the wish to compromise and consider consequences. I know i'm being a cynical git by having my little vent in your thread.... But i'm still right

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

rickymouse
Just hang a six pack from your car mirror and take a ride. It will be cold in minutes at fifty five mph. You could loose it at a stop sign but might make some new friends in the process. Sticking it in front of the car radiator works well also if you already have enough friends.

"Honest, officer, I haven't been drinking! I'm sober I tell ya! I ... I ..."

"Damn ATS!"

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
A reverse microwave is what I have been waiting for.

We have microwaves. A brilliant invention that heats our food with a press of a button.

Now I have always envisioned an invention to instantly cool products with a press of a button.

And maybe finally it is here.

Beer drinkers rejoice!

Ice cream eaters rejoice!

Yes OP this news is really COOL.

Now somebody PLEASE make a cloths washing machine that washes and dries cloths in one unit, then I can truly be a happy man.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is "invention" is silly. It MIGHT have some use in vending machines other than that its not very practical at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Reverse a sound wave and it cancels out. Reverse SINE can also neutralize any specific frequency be it virual, bird flu for example, cancer, AND radiaoactive isotopes, including plutonium, according to Tom Bearden, and it makes sense too.

They need to cool off the reactors, use reverse sine, they need to neutralize the radiation, use reverse sine if it won't harm other living organisms, or people, however they also have, bacteria that eats radiation AND there was an inventor who turned radiaoctive waste into clean energy source, and he was murdered by TPTB.
I can't remember his name, but its buried in many gigabytes of files on alternative energy in my other hard drive.

The thing that bothers me is there is so much that they can do, and they do NOTHING. Because they seem to want to harm earth and its people on behalf of the negative Legion entities they serve.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SasquatchHunter

Its as practical as a vac bag machine, or a Moscow Mule Cup.

It will become a favorite of commercial kitchens and restaurants. The ability to chill a bottle of Dom before it is served...that is quite nice. Especially if i don' t have to take up space in the walk in (where it is less secure than my wine cellar or liquor closet). But the food safety implications?

Imagine you have a 10 gallon pot of beans. The labor involved in cooling it to the proper temperature within the legally required amount of time to ensure it is safe to eat can be tedious, and a risk fo scalds. To be able to cool it quicker, so it can be transferred into other containers while cool is a very nice touch.

Although a blast chiller does a nice job of a lot of the rapid freeze type of stuff.

Don't let your lack of imagination over influence your cynicism.
edit on 27-10-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

rickymouse

If you are suggesting hanging wine or alcohol -
What do you want to be that the friends you make will be Uniform Wearing and will ask you a question along the lines of "Are you stupid or what?"
If this was meant to make me laugh, which I hope it was...WINNER!
edit on 27-10-2013 by HumanoidX because: ][ laughing too hard to type

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Did you watch the promo video for it? I did.

You know what else can chill a bottle of wine? Ice. Ice also keeps it cold.

I have been a small percentage owner in several bars, its not very practical for bars, restaurants, or home use.

It takes quite a bit of time just to get the drink inside of it and then select the settings.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

These comments are so irritating if you know how to cure cancer why don't you go down to the children's hospital and save all those kids that are dieng from terminal cancer.

Im sure you have a great reason for not saving all thos kids...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Reminds me of Haggard. Anyone?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

SasquatchHunter
This is "invention" is silly. It MIGHT have some use in vending machines other than that its not very practical at all.

Well I'll be FIRST in line to sign up. Flash-Freezing is the bomb. It keeps food fresh, safe, and doing it even quicker is ALWAYS a benefit to everyone everywhere. I say this invention will not only be big, but our microwaves won't come w/o the "freeze" option for much longer. It will be in most homes.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

skalla

It's all very well, but i think one of the root issues that screws up the world is that people want stuff immediately and see no need to have some patience or forethought, or the wish to compromise and consider consequences. I know i'm being a cynical git by having my little vent in your thread.... But i'm still right

I agree Nighthawk. That's why I'm going to write you a response letter with my thoughts and mail it to ATS and have them forward it to you.
Just kidding Haha

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

GEmersonBiggins
but our microwaves won't come w/o the "freeze" option for much longer. It will be in most homes.

While I think this invention is cool (OH MY, WHAT A PUN!!) I don't think it's the sensation this thread makes it to be, it's also not a "reverse microwave" in the slightest.

From seeing the information, the problem supposedly was NOT SO MUCH the technology to actually cool liquids, but more that for cooling the liquid had to be moved and this wasn't possible with carbonated drinks, sodas etc. (The liquid needs to be moved while the bottle/can is cooled since otherwise ice will form and it will turn into a slushy
)

(So basically the invention here is that the liquid is getting moved/swished in a certain way which now allows cooling without ice developing. This is how I understand it.)

Their comparison with a huge cooling cabinet that cools 100s of cans/bottles to a single unit is also...a little off.
edit on 72013RuSundayAmerica/Chicago28AMSundaySunday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

It will become a favorite of commercial kitchens and restaurants. The ability to chill a bottle of Dom before it is served...that is quite nice. Especially if i don' t have to take up space in the walk in (where it is less secure than my wine cellar or liquor closet). But the food safety implications?

Imagine you have a 10 gallon pot of beans. The labor involved in cooling it to the proper temperature within the legally required amount of time to ensure it is safe to eat can be tedious, and a risk fo scalds. To be able to cool it quicker, so it can be transferred into other containers while cool is a very nice touch.

Although a blast chiller does a nice job of a lot of the rapid freeze type of stuff.

I agree, it will become great for restaurants to meet their health codes! ....we used to make gallons of marinara at a time, and it took forever to cool down to the proper temperature . Only when it is cooled are you allowed to put it in the refrigerator, because if it goes In hot it will raise the temp of the fridge and potentailly make all the other food unsafe . So....I can see for restaurants and bars this would work nicely!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Oh this is perfect for me. I want one, I want one, I want one!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

wirefly

skalla

I agree Nighthawk. That's why I'm going to write you a response letter with my thoughts and mail it to ATS and have them forward it to you.
Just kidding Haha

Hi Wirefly - it's Skalla, not Nighthawk. And that would actually work, unlike the message system which is totes borked on my pc

I knew i was right

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Meldionne1

bigfatfurrytexan

I agree, it will become great for restaurants to meet their health codes! ....we used to make gallons of marinara at a time, and it took forever to cool down to the proper temperature . Only when it is cooled are you allowed to put it in the refrigerator, because if it goes In hot it will raise the temp of the fridge and potentailly make all the other food unsafe . So....I can see for restaurants and bars this would work nicely!

You guys are talking about cooling down beans and marinara sauce to then be able to put those foods in a refrigerator?? Seriously? Why would you add an extra step for no reason? It doesn't make sense to use this on something that isn't going to be immediately consumed.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

SasquatchHunter

Meldionne1

bigfatfurrytexan

You guys are talking about cooling down beans and marinara sauce to then be able to put those foods in a refrigerator?? Seriously? Why would you add an extra step for no reason? It doesn't make sense to use this on something that isn't going to be immediately consumed.

Because...time is money! And when you are paying your restaurant employees by the hour...it is smarter and cheaper to take the extra step.., and get it done quicker! .....cool your food quickly so it can be put away quickly....also, kitchen employees get to go home sooner ...which at the end of a long busy night, everyone wants to go home and get the hell out of there! So they will be happier, too. Plus, you don't run the risk of putting warm food into your refrigerator , raising the temp inside the fridge, and spoiling the current food in the fridge. You are avoiding a food loss scenario. Which also, is money! .....
I'm thinking in a business monetary advantage, while you, my friend , are milking the clock the lazy way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join