It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse microwave' can chill wine bottles and fizzy drink cans in 45 seconds!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

AFewGoodWomen
Just hang a six pack from your car mirror and take a ride. It will be cold in minutes at fifty five mph. You could loose it at a stop sign but might make some new friends in the process. Sticking it in front of the car radiator works well also if you already have enough friends.

Been there done that many of time out cruising, with friends "jack-lighting" even if we didn't see any deer there was always one or two helpless roadsigns to take potshots at,
from a small hick town in way far Upstate NY.

edit on 28-10-2013 by Craninalbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Neat gadget, but it has nothing to do with microwaves. That's why the article uses quotes around the words 'Reverse Microwave'... The only thing it has in common with the microwave is its speed. It looks like it relies on convective heat transfer and works fast by ramping up the convection part. The water in the unit is, I'm sure, at 4°C.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Naw, I can't believe I saw that. No USE for it? The vast majority of "uses for things" come into being AFTER they are invented -- for obvious reasons! I bet there's a gazillion opportunities for using this in everything from medical treatments to manufacturing. Once it's available for people to use as a tool and a research prop, the door is open.
edit on 29-10-2013 by RedCairo because: clarity

<< 1  2   >>

join