It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont know where to post this....but I am so offended

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
msnvideo.msn.com/?

Have you seen this..a little girl saying she is an American indian is offended by people dressing up as an actual native American?

seriously

I have attempted to link this several times...

Almost wonder if its is intended to be uhhhh uhhh whats that word for a distraction that is supposed to make ya forget what you were talking about....
Yeah that.....
edit on Sat Oct 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
dammit I clicked my own link...nope another advertisement....HELP ATS

I saw a video of a girl who claimed she was a native American and said that dressing up as an indian as offensive to her...I cant' link to it now...I will find it/fix it but seriously ..... really

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
msnvideo.msn.com...#/video/cc4feca4-591c-438e-8953-208b6742fcd5

sage allexander

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

ok seriously this is tickin me off....I have clicked my link...it sends em to a chainsaw add.............that's a bunch of crap.

I expect this thread to end up the same. Unless a mod who is a little more savy than me knows what I'm talkin about.......this add....keeps popping up.,.....Ive tried linking it...but I'm a dummy

so in case..... a real long shot this thread don't get trash binned...there is this internet add....of this girl

she says she is an indian cute little white girl....its amazing

I am gonna wait and see if this commercial and this thead continue....

watching
x

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Right to not be offended... speech... arms... soldier quartered... search and seizures... double jeopardy... speedy trial... trial by jury... excessive bail... rights not specifically enumerated by the Constitution... powers not delegated.. nope still not in there.

had to check though, never know these days.

Wonder what she would think if she saw my kid playing cowboys and indians.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
yay my link is Toyota comercial1 \?

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Isn't imitation the greatest form of compliment? Many people have Native American blood running thru their veins. At what percentage are you allowed or not to dress the part? I loved seeing indian costumes when I was a kid, I loved westerns. The costumes were intriguing because they were more real to me, not something fake and unbelievable. Most people have great respect for Native Americans and know that they were hugely wronged. Since more and more Native Americans are not carrying on their traditions as they become more and more modern, it's a shame this mentality exist. The small part of Native American blood in my own veins makes me feel I should be able to celebrate it if I desired. I don't know how I'd break it to my German/Polish side....

ETA - I can't watch vid but what is upsetting to you about this topic?

edit on 26-10-2013 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
Have you seen this..a little girl saying she is an American indian is offended by people dressing up as an actual native American?

I'm offended that native americans dress up as "westerners". Cultural appropriation, thats what it is. They're not europeans, so they shouldnt be allowed to wear our culture's clothing.

(works both ways, doesnt it? Or is racism just a one way street?)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Well said and I believe that answers any questions that might come up concerning this subject again.

Your attitude is most refreshing.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Did my link finally work?

good

I am of international decent.....and native American is in my blood. As well as many other international influences

And that is my point.

I celebrate all of us...

X
edit on 26-10-2013 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Are we really offended by something a little girl has to say? A little girl? Have things fallen to the point where we are upset at that a child sees a subjetc as simply right or wrong without the additional complexities? I am offended that people feel the need to debate children.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My ancestors are Scottish. and when women wear skirts, I am offended!
They are making fun of my cultural heritage, the kilt.

No more skirts unless you are a Scottish descended man, then the kilt is OK. you racist women!..lol
makes about as much sense. .

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Its funny....its ok to be offended by someone dressing up in blackface...but not to be offended by someone dressing up as a native?

Guess what...people are free to dress up as those things, and people are free to be offended by those who dress up as those things.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
WOW! My Irish blood should be boiling every time I see one of those cute little kids having such a good time dressed up as a Leprechaun!
Hey;wait! What color is our soul? Isn't that supposed to be our true self?
Shame on her parents for raising her in such a negative way.
Ms. Nugget

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

alfa1

Xcouncil=wisdom

I'm offended that native americans dress up as "westerners". Cultural appropriation, thats what it is. They're not europeans, so they shouldnt be allowed to wear our culture's clothing.

That has to be a joke...cultural appropriation of forced assimilation? I don't remember there being 'reservations' for any colonising culture (and that word should be used with utmost care)...and to be specific,it would be a form of culturism (if that exists)...colonising and forced assimilation is a one-way street...

Å99

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

I would argue that they were hugely wronged.

They were a culturally inferior people who had the same goals as the Europeans but they were not organized enough to carry them out. They also found themselves a victim of their own greed.

Its important to note that they also went against many of the treaties they signed. Since they ended up losing all their land however, they are assumed to have been victims but that is not the case.

Even Pontiac admitted this fault during his rebellion, which had he been able to gain more support, may very well have been successful at driving the "white man" back to the Sea, but this kind of cultural community was not possible among the Native Americans because even faced with imminent doom, they still tried to play the Europeans off of one another, and the various tribes, for political and economic advantage.

It turned out to be their downfall.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Xcouncil=wisdom
Almost wonder if its is intended to be uhhhh uhhh whats that word for a distraction that is supposed to make ya forget what you were talking about....
Yeah that.....

Dementia?

Amnesia??

I forget, I was too drunk to remember things like that.

BTW, the video seems to be of a guy with his chainsaw.

That's a bit rude, calling him a little girl..

oO

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Couldn't find it there OP but did find this video on youtube touching on it perhaps.

Can't get it to embed so perhaps the link will work.

Native Americans are not Halloween costumes

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

akushla99

alfa1

Xcouncil=wisdom

That has to be a joke...cultural appropriation of forced assimilation? I don't remember there being 'reservations' for any colonising culture (and that word should be used with utmost care)...and to be specific,it would be a form of culturism (if that exists)...colonising and forced assimilation is a one-way street...

Å99

Don't forget, it was the Native Americans that conducted the first massacre in the New World known as America and had no problem starving out women and children because it benefitted them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join