It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA monitored calls of 35 world leaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Maybe this is why Microsoft wanted Nokia, first putting Stephen Elop as a CEO of Nokia and eventually Nokia went down and Microsoft bought it.

Since 2009 Merkel used Nokia 6210 Slide cell phone. 2009 Microsoft and Nokia made a office Deal

Ever since Elop i refused Nokia..
edit on 24-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CryonicAngel

I agree with that last statement. It may have started with Bush, but it has become a public issue on Obama's watch. How he deals with it (which so far has been to justify and deflect) shows not only what kind of president he is, but what we as the American public are willing to put up with.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I have been wondering about the piecemeal release of these documents myself. It seems with each release of information, the public outcry becomes more and more of "Oh well, that figures." The responses on this thread, on a conspiracy forum no less, are perfect evidence of that.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Rest of the world might.

Way to alienate everyone else ever though, just before the petrodollar is dumped. Is there someone deliberately trying to destroy the USA? From without and within?

It's almost comical now.

Very comical, and your right, I would wager that it would take a outside invading nation to wake the American public and have everyone start moving. It feels like the general public just "does not give a rats arse", they'd rather keep there lifestyles whether rich or poor than stand up and do the right thing.

reply to post by QuantumCypher

The rest of the American public, on the other hand, SHOULD be surprised, if for no other reason than going "Hey, that guy at work who kept saying the government was watching everything we do wasn't nuts after all!"

There too distracted, trying to keep up with there "standard of living" going paycheck to paycheck just to keep food on the table. Even if they did and/or do notice, there busy trying to feed themselves and there families to do anything.

The people also need to see how this is affecting our relations with other countries. And not in a good way.

Agreed! Most American's are still in the clouds and think our facthta don't stink. If we do realize what we've been doing on a civilian standpoint, then why haven't we stoped this.

@Thread~

We come here to ATS everyday and talk about the scandolous lies and conspiracies that have been transpiring for DECADES!!! Why preytell is all we do is just "talk", where has any action been taken? Via: rallies or whatever else?

We all have our points, we all don't like it! We just wake up and do the daily "shuffle" day in and day out like mindless zombies~

I'm soooooo discontent and disheartend, as of lately I'm beyond ashamed of my Country. It would be a blessing for a fetching meteor to hit the ocean with enough impact to start the proverbial Apocolypse!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What gets me fumed is.....

Carney told reporters: "The [NSA] revelations have clearly caused tension in our relationships with some countries, and we are dealing with that through diplomatic channels. "These are very important relations both economically and for our security, and we will work to maintain the closest possible ties."

What about the American public? No apologies for us? No working to maintain close ties? What a Joke. These people...NSA, this admin, and everyone associated with this mess, sux.

I'm referring to the US government, with assistance from major telecommunications carriers including AT&T, has engaged in a massive illegal dragnet surveillance of domestic communications and communications records of millions of ordinary Americans since at least 2001.

NSA's domestic spying program

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

one unnamed US official handed over 200 numbers, including those of the 35 world leaders, none of whom is named.

I find that point VERY VERY interesting. That has to be a top tier government official like Hillary or Obama himself. No doubt that is why they were not named.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

As I stated earlier, I was surprised at the scope of the program, I really hadn't thought that they had the tech, resources, and opportunity to spy in other countries on a scale such as this. I also would have thought, as someone else pointed out, that the counterspy programs would have detected and/or protected the higher echelons of politicians. This says something about either the NSA's capabilities, or other countries counter-intelligence programs.
And obviously, the other countries seem a little surprised and angry over this.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

...shows not only what kind of president he is, but what we as the American public are willing to put up with.

What the heck are we supposed to do? If Obama is impeached we get Joe Bidden for three years plus another eight - BLECH

Congress DOES NOT do as the Americans want. The #$%&* Banker Bailout showed us that.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Don't lump all Americans in with the masses. There ARE those of us that are trying to do something about it. As I pointed out above in one of my previous replies, those efforts are being fought tooth and nail in every way possible by our government, down to the administration trying to say that the Supreme court lacks the authority to oversee a case which would undermine the entirety of the program. And as I stated in the OP, we have nearly exhausted our legal and civil avenues of dealing with this.
Also, with the general spin and lack of coverage by the MSM on this side of the pond over this, it falls on the shoulders of those of us who do pay attention to bring a change to the public's perception and knowledge of the abuses of this program, and that will take some time.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

QuantumCypher

As I stated earlier, I was surprised at the scope of the program, I really hadn't thought that they had the tech, resources, and opportunity to spy in other countries on a scale such as this. I also would have thought, as someone else pointed out, that the counterspy programs would have detected and/or protected the higher echelons of politicians. This says something about either the NSA's capabilities, or other countries counter-intelligence programs.
And obviously, the other countries seem a little surprised and angry over this.

Long ago I recall the CIA and the equivalent in the UK had a deal to swap internal spying and exchange information to get around the respective countries privacy laws.

Sorry don't have link available.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I understand where your coming from Cypher and I do agree. Sorry, I'm in a bad mood, reading this crap everyday can be daunting, talking about it just the same, relaying it to people who are in the midst of waking up even more so. It feels like by the time for being civil runs out, it could be too late. It feels like a loosing battle, and I typically am all for the underdogs, but we the civillians always seem to get the proverbial "Screwed pooch" manuever by the government. It's just tiring.

I applaud what your trying to do, I try to pass all the information along to people outside of ATS, it's just not getting any better.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Nope, in the UK we have had the great 'Phone hacking scandal' rumbling on for a couple of years now...

And that just focuses on the press tapping people's phones!

Anybody in the UK who thinks this type of intrusion only exists between the press and civilians is a MUG...

If an idiot News of the World journo does it, so do people at the top...

And the all shady agencies in background!

I'm amazed these details took so long to surface, frankly.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Auhhhha very sneaky great fury one! You can run but we have ways of seeing through your cleverly devised avatar.. Besides if you run you will just be tired when we capture you in our ingeniously designed traps. eh!!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Every country knows every other country at least wants to do this, but getting caught is still going to cause major damage to US diplomatic relations.

When the extent of corporate espionage gets revealed is when the # really hits the fan for Americans.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

727Sky
reply to post by beezzer

Auhhhha very sneaky great fury one! You can run but we have ways of seeing through your cleverly devised avatar.. Besides if you run you will just be tired when we capture you in our ingeniously designed traps. eh!!

I don't know what you're talking aboot, Yank!

Go spy on someone, eh?

:p

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Well, this is a conspiracy site, so you wouldn't have to look to hard to find threads on theories about people trying to destroy the US.

That being said, I agree that there seems to be an inordinate amount of information coming out to not only paint America in a poor light, but to make sure that when things go south in the US that there will be resounding cheers from every corner of the globe.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CryonicAngel

Considering that there are something like 17 security clearance levels over the presidents, I would have to agree with you on that one. Still, he IS going to have to take some kind of very public action in dealing with this. The political fallout in the intelligence communities alone right now is too damaging not to deal with, though I'm sure most of the actual "fixes" are going to be backroom...

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Could you elaborate a little more? I have no information about what you're talking about to put it in context of the OP.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.activistpost.com...

The list of countries who are expressing their outrage at the wide dragnet of NSA surveillance activities continues to grow. Following Brazil, Mexico, and Germany, France took perhaps the strongest measure of summoning the U.S. Ambassador to account for NSA activities inside their country.

The audacity of the NSA knows no bounds, as it's not only the normally preyed-upon citizens of all nations (now to the tune of 124 billion phone calls in just one month), but also selected leaders and diplomats who have been targeted.

endthelie.com...

In the statement, Clapper claimed that the Le Monde articles “contain inaccurate and misleading information regarding U.S. foreign intelligence activities.”
“The allegation that the National Security Agency collected more than 70 million ‘recordings of French citizens’ telephone data’ is false,” Clapper stated.

RON WYDEN: “Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans?”

CLAPPER: “No, sir ... not wittingly.” (Via Fox News)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
How much respect or consideration does everyone think Kerry or Obama will get from some of these leaders now?

Oh, some like Merkel have an Security Service that has worked in the same buildings with NSA on German Soil and actually contributed greatly to their effectiveness. Her outrage deserves an Oscar...because it's 100% act.

Others? Well... Morales didn't expect his plane to be grounded or his office to be tapped and his rage seems 100% real. So do the things said and done afterward.

So, I think the truly advanced powers (tech) who do this themselves? They'll get over the fact their counterintelligence needs a lot of work. The ones who can't do this right back will probably feel a bit raped after I'll bet their counter-intel people have been telling them they were secure to make a phone call.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join