It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ObamaCare is a fantastic success

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rulkiewicz

How can anyone middle class or lower pay for it? I am beyond irate that we will be fined for not having insurance that WE CANNOT AFFORD. I did an estimate on what it would cost one of us to get the insurance and it came to around $13,000 a year. There is no way even one of us could afford that let alone all 7 of us. Then you get the brilliant people who tell you to get a better job. Sure, just point to where they are! I have a BSED in Elementary Education. I have applied to over 70 jobs in and out of my field and did not get one phone call. The local fast food and retail stores are not even hiring except for some upper echelon jobs.

Things are grim and I feel there is no way out.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sportbominable

I have a BSED in Elementary Education. I have applied to over 70 jobs in and out of my field and did not get one phone call. The local fast food and retail stores are not even hiring except for some upper echelon jobs.

I think this is the point many Americans, not to mention others, do not get, cannot get or just refuse to get. I've just about given up trying to teach a pig to sing in explaining it too. It just falls on "I know better because it's like this where *I* live!" and so, all in the nation is peaches and cream with lollipops for all because one person's perspective seems to indicate that.

At the same time? I feel your pain because I'm living it too. Oh, a couple years ago when first looking? I was over qualified and they didn't figure I'd stay at a "lower" job after trucking. That was back when anyone returned calls at all. Then, it became 'We just don't have anything available right now...." with a help wanted sign visible on the window or marque sign. Apparently, there are jobs ..for the perfect model of a proper worker, anyway...whatever the heck that is.

Finally, the real kicker... What I get now from any who even bother acknowledging I tried? 'We're sorry, but it appears you've been out of work longer than we can work with here...' or words to that effect. Yup... You have a degree while I'm pursuing one ..and I'm sure not in it because it was a lifelong dream to be a college grad.

Folks don't understand we, to cover 10\s of millions of people, do not have money right now and cannot just print more to follow a law. Nothing changes what is reality ...however hard some try to demand it be so.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
While I dont disagree that the erradication of the middle class is the ultimate goal, it saddens me to see hw shortsighted people are.

Historians will look back at this and see it as a 30 (+/-) year process.

What we are seeing is the culmination of a few decades worth of work.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I must vigorously disagree with the OP's source about redistribution of wealth and FICA - although ALL of us are being hit hard on Obamacare.

The "Rich" have gotten a walk on FICA ever since the beginning.
Let's remove the annual cap and let them pay as the rest of the workers in the US pay - a percentage on ALL their earned income, not just a portion of their income.

If you make under $113,700 you pay the FICA rate of 6.2% on ALL your earned income (so does your employer).
If you make $1,000,000 you pay the FICA rate of 6.2% on ONLY the first $113,700.
Funding Medicare is subject to the same maximums as FICA, so for all these high wage earners, there's a BIG discount.

The "Rich" have many other sources of income other than "earned income" or wages - none of that income has ever been subject to FICA and most likely never will be subject to tax for funding pension/disability/healthcare.

It's not "redistribution of wealth" - it's more like "paying your fare share".

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm actually considering going back to school to get my Masters in Reading and become certified as a Reading Instructor. Its a $20,000 gamble though. I'm hoping it will get my resume towards the top of the pile and not right in the trash.

I graduated in 2000, but got married right away and had 5 kids that I stayed home with while my husband's construction business boomed. 13 years later, his business is struggling and I've been subbing for 2 years with no leads on full time teaching positions. Everyone's story is different and I believe good people do everything they can to support themselves and their family. The ACA is just another thing thrown at us to destroy that. The rich keep getting richer and the poor and middle class keep getting poorer. Good luck in your college pursuits!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I personally live in Australia so I do not know exactly how things are for you guys,

Compulsory health care is a great idea! But not when you make the people pay for it? This is an invasion of ones human rights to live in a free world!

In Australia we have 'Medicare' which is to help aid people with no private health fund but this is a free service and every Australian is entitled to it at no cost!

This is outrages that Obamas plan is to make family's who may or may not be already struggling to fall into deeper wholes that will make it even harder for them to achieve what they want to in life!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

2. ObamaCare was intended to wipe out the middle class and make them dependent on government.

So this is the reason why the GOP hates Obamacare so much. It may wipe out the middle class before their policies can.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

buster2010

2. ObamaCare was intended to wipe out the middle class and make them dependent on government.

So this is the reason why the GOP hates Obamacare so much. It may wipe out the middle class before their policies can.

You seem to be under the delusion that there is a difference between Republicans and Democrats.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by XionZap

Obama-care is comparable (in style and intention) to Mussolini Fascism

As a continuation of my previous observations on the subject of O'Care (please click 'reply' link) this can be said to be another of the major reasons Obama-care was created; i.e., NOT to take care of the health and welfare of the general populace who might find themselves in need of proper care, but to impose yet another swindling upon their person: a swindle of great proportions, and one that is to be (en)forced at the point of a gun (to our heads) held by - the recently proven to be - totally corrupt IRS enforcement arm of the Federal Reserve.

This is the Fascism that I referred the reader to earlier - Fascism at its worst, its most insidious, and most 'developed' malignant stage since the Italians invented the term during the II World War (and thereabouts). Mussolini proudly shouted out to the crowds as loudly and as often as he could that Fascism is the merging of the power of the state with the power of the corporate entities that the state supports.

Thus Obama-care is comparable (in style and intention) to Mussolini Fascism in spades.

Notice that the term "Obama-care" actually marks - in a succinct and convincing manner - the familiar trademark of the "cult of personality" into which all dictators have been know to immerse themselves. Yea right - Obama really "cares" !!!

edit on 23-10-2013 by XionZap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I agree with the OP 100%.

Another interesting layer: when it implodes (and it will) that is when they will swoop in and REALLY try to initiate more control?

The headlines today claim loudly that "Obama was blindsided" because he knew nothing about how pathetic the Obamacare system as it stands (ie, not functioning) actually is.

Shows he is truly lacking in any decision-making?

Analyst/trader Karl Denninger says Obama Care is doomed to failure because of pre-existing conditions of many signing up for coverage. Denninger explains, “If you are an insurance company and you only sell insurance to those who have already lit their house on fire, you’re not going to be in business very long. You have to have people who buy insurance who are not likely to have fires.”

Personally I haope for a network (obvious or otherwise) of physicians and services that operate "on the fringe" and tell this whole administration and the insurance companies to go to hell and just accept cash for services as needed? In the old days, doctors would barter and accept "trade" for their skills...not thinking this would be an answer now but you get the gist of it...many I know are NOT buying into it, NOT going to pay "penalties", and NOT going to be told they HAVE to buy this crap from a privately-operating entity ie an insurance company!

Most are affluent, hard-working, self made businness owners and it's not going to fly.
edit on 23-10-2013 by irishchic because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

elouina
Well now maybe the middle class will finally get off their Iphones long enough to actually do something. This is what happens when American citizens are too preoccupied with their own lives and let someone else take care of the details without getting involved.

This also proves what I have been saying since day one, there is no such thing as free healthcare. Someone eventually has to pay for this pyramid scheme. If me and my husband didn't already have healthcare, Obamacare would cost us over $18,000. How many taxpayers does it take to cover over $9,000 per person?

This isn't just simple redistribution, this is a windfall for the poor. And the costs will force those that are paying for the windfall to opt out and and pay the penalty. So the end result is that the middle class will be providing something for the poor that they will no longer be able to afford for themselves. So in a sense, Obamacare will turn the middle class into slaves for the poor.

Blame the poor while ignoring the fact that this is an insurance industry bailout.

The Divide and conquer strategy feasts on the simple minded and prejudiced.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rulkiewicz

You forgot something is not so much of re distribution of wealth when you take into consideration that most of the population in the nation are on welfare or some government assistance and that if you are in the poverty level about 25 thousand dollars a year in income you will not qualify for Obamacrap.

So this is more of getting the productive class handle in a silver platter to the insurance companies to be gouged at will.

Because the poor will be under the Medicaid expansion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join