It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day ET Lands On Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Imagine you are waking up to a new day, perhaps rushing to work or sitting down to breakfast in front of the tv and you hear the news that an alien spacecraft has landed on Earth and has made First Contact with world leaders or perhaps broadcast a message themselves worldwide. What would you do? Run for the hills with a bug out bag? Go to the nearest underground railway station? Or would you take the day off work and sit and watch history unfold on your tv/radio?

Me? I would definitely take the day off work and spend the day with my family. I would be excited that whatever happens the human race would never be the same again. We can finally move on and put our petty differences aside. Even the religious Zealots would clam up for at least a day.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Me....I would continue to work (I work for Fire/Rescue) and deal with the inevitable mass freak out.

edit on 19-10-2013 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
First i wouldn´t believe it, i would change channel. If it´s news in other channels as well i would keep my kid close to me and not to take him to the school that day.. so we would stick home, maybe go shopping more food for month or more when hubby comes home. Propably also a quick run to pharmacy as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Ever seen Falling Skies?

Lock n' load.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'd check the reaction of various governments first. If they were mostly happy about it, I'd be very suspicious. If they seemed mortified, I'd be optimistic that maybe we have a chance of real change, and that a decent group of beings had turned up.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You're seriously deluded if you think a stranger landing on the White House lawn is going to negate all our problems.

And a good citizen goes to work if he is able.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Restricted

Wow. A good citizen does whatever he or she thinks is for the best. Aliens landing might make "work" secondary.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Day off for sure!!

Wouldn't be a bad time to celebrate the ancient Passover...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

robhines

Restricted

Wow. A good citizen does whatever he or she thinks is for the best. Aliens landing might make "work" secondary.

Your attitude is one reason America is dying.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would take the day off work and make sure my 'bug out kit' is ready just in case! Hopefully this happens soon!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I'd be worried. They have been around, reminding us of their presence a very long time...

Why intervene now?

Are we in trouble or is trouble on the way? Either way I would be stocking up on provisions and making plans for whatever way the wind blows.

CdT

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
...i will say 'about time, and what kept you so long?'

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Restricted

robhines

Restricted

Your attitude is one reason America is dying.

No it isn't. America is dying because an oligarchy are corrupting the economy and also taking away the rights of the people by corrupting members of congress, who then conspire to strip away parts of the constitution because they're bought and paid for.

If your job provides services that aren't essential, yeah, you can probably take the day off work if Aliens land without having to worry about it. It depends what the job is. You don't turn up to any job like a robot if the world could be about to undergo the biggest change it's ever seen.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Wirral Bagpuss
Even the religious Zealots would clam up for at least a day.

Actually, the exact opposite would happen.

Everyone who fears their power might be fading due to this occurrence
would attempt to 'get ahead of it' and point to the exact passages in
their book which would maximize their historical power in light
of this new event.

No matter how 'pleasant and reasonable' the 'aliens' were (I'm not
saying they would or would not in fact be aliens, that is not the point),
the cries of the 'real significance' the 'hidden evil' being covered over,
and what not, would not decrease in volume one tiny bit... it would
in fact increase in volume ten-fold.

Said 'aliens' could cure all diseases and give every person alive a
'scientific device' (say a star trek replicator) which met all their
human needs for free.

And these 'aliens' would be cast in the most evil light, by a large
percentage of the human populace.

It seems that the great majority of humans believe in evil (it seems..
I can't quantify.. but most major religions are full of teachings about
'evil') and they will not be denied!

In fact a lot of people seem to be trying to blow up the entire world,
just to PROVE that supernatural evil exists. The truth of the matter
is that THEY ARE the supernatural evil in a sense.

This is my take on it.

KPB

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Take the day off, to be sure.

I would be excited that whatever happens the human race would never be the same again.

This I agree with. At least, until civilization crumbles, the aliens leave, and 10,000 years from now, an archaeologist smirks because we believed in gods from the sky.

We can finally move on and put our petty differences aside.

Even ET can't accomplish that one. In fact, I'd say their arrival will stir the pot, with a very big ladle!

Even the religious Zealots would clam up for at least a day.

They'll be the first ones squawking, and running their mouth. You'll have a percentage calling ET saviors, and another percentage calling them demons, and hiding in their church basement. The Buddhists, Hindu's, and a few others will probably say, "Cool. Welcome back."

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Fat, lazy Americans are a big part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would do whatever tptb told me to do....

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Restricted
reply to post by robhines

Fat, lazy Americans are a big part of the problem.

Hahah, I guess lazy people are a problem in any country. Not getting into the fat part, don't want to offend anyone with weight problems.

edit : sorry, I mean I don't want to offend people with weight issues, not that I think I would if talking about that subject. Some members of my family have had the same issues that's all, and it seems fairly widespread, which is definitely the fault of corporations peddling out crap food to an extent. They're only after profit after all for the most part, not caring about the health of their customers.
edit on 19-10-2013 by robhines because: added

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm now at this point that I would go to work just like other days, and saying:" if you did this twenty years ago I ,would have taken the day off!"

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I really don't think missing work because aliens have landed makes one lazy or equates with a poor work ethic. It isn't the same as a bad snow storm. I'm sure they would be telling people "this is not a test, please stay at home pending further instructions".

I am also not sure why people assume they would go to the White House or nearest castle or palace. That would mean they know who the leaders are and somehow have business only with the executives of the world.

Anyway - If they landed at the white house I would know they have knowledge of our societal structure - so were intelligent/had been observing for some time. If they landed on a farm somewhere or a remote location might be a bit more concerning since it would not be as evident they had been watching us. They could be here to explore so what would they do if they bump into one of us, etc.

I would meet my obligations - would not flake on people who rely on me daily unless a dire warning, and would keep up with the news. I would keep my kid home from school - too many unknowns if one of these land. I'm sure the military would be all over it so those who would be getting in their cars to drive to the location would be met with fenses and guns I'm sure - and people would try to do that. I would go outside a lot - to see if anything else was coming - to keep an eye on the sky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join