It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stenographer dragged from House floor while shouting about Freemasonry and God

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm aware of y'all's firmly entrenched biases which seem quite resistant to any even quality input.

You characterize me similarly.

Time will tell who has the more reliable hypotheses and constructions on reality.

I'm quite comfortable with the predictions my constructions on reality have afforded me over 66+ years . . . and the consequences accruing therefrom.

Pretending that your constructions and sources are more reliable is laughable to the max.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by network dude

Certainly it is wise to test the waters . . . and verify major philosophical and behavioral change.

However, such changes DO OCCUR.

And I'm happy to cheer them on vs trash them.

He's not the only one to make similar assertions, of course.

Test the waters? Bit of an understatement don't you think? Claiming to be an evangelical Christian and a hardcore Satanist at the same time? Not to mention thinking himself a Vampire. This guy found a way to take the intellectually challenged and make some money off of them. He's happy to tell you all about it in his book or videos. For a fee of course.

I tested the waters of masonry and found it to be a way to help myself be a better man and help my community be a better place. I still have Faith in Christ and have no desire to pray to satanic beings. The woman in the OP was told the same lies the bonehead in the above video is selling. After all, when presented wrapped in a Jesus bow, it must be true right? A tiny bit of critical thinking is needed.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

BO XIAN
Pretending that your constructions and sources are more reliable is laughable to the max.

DNA Science and archeological facts ARE more reliable than your folklore and mythology which have been proven wrong. That's just the truth of the matter. Deal with it however you wish.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I am a christian as well, but an unorthodox one and borderline agnostic. I stopped going to a church that has jesus crucified on a cross, worships saints as idols, preaches fasting and other sorts of self-punishment to achieve entrance to heaven. And what is heaven? Is it other stars and planetary systems or more metaphorism? Hell I think I already know where that is, its below our feet but there are no burning fires there. More like humans kept against their will and experimented on by our government and factions of aliens that colloborate with them.

Spiritualism is fine. Religion is not. The hard part is trying to decipher what the text means in plain english. What to keep and what to throw away.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I don't recall specifically whether I've read their stuff or not.

Okay, well, I asked you specifically to read them, and get back to me.

I guess you've chosen not to. Doesn't surprise me, since you are extremely entrenched in your belief system.

All right, then.
I'm disappointed.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

network dude

If you like, you can find out all about Bill Shenobelin, the guy in your nice video there. He is a Vampire, and was once head of the Satanic church.

Here is a timeline of some of his accomplishments. Are you sure this is they guy you want representing your side?

Why should I have a hard time trusting him? He has been through the loops, done what he has done, and now is actively speaking against it. Most masons have not achieved what he managed to achieve. Even if he is exaggerating somewhat, I still like what he has to say.

I am NOT calling masonry as a whole a satanic brotherhood. It is a group of people who like to study the occult and derive esoteric meanings. The people at the top who run masonry appear to be luciferians, just like the people who run politics and religion.

What I am against is keeping our ancient history secret, rather than teaching this stuff to everyone.
edit on 18/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anon29

It was a crazy thing to do, but at least she is telling the truth. She has more guts than you could ever hope for.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I think you answered your own question. Like some said, she had a rare moment with a powerful mic. She either chose to look crazy or she is crazy.

Or she's the most sane person on Capital Hill. Remember what Aldous Huxley wrote in Brave New World Revisited:

""Symptoms as such are not our enemy, but our friend; where there are symp­toms there is conflict, and conflict always indicates that the forces of life which strive for integration and happiness are still fighting." The really hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. "Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been si­lenced so early in their lives, that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does.""

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Evidently it is not plausible to you

that there may be or is a

TWO TIERED

lodge structure.

One of my colleagues joined the group after what he labeled a lot of research. My best man's father was lifelong in the group. Both insist on the wonderfulness of the association.

I remain unconvinced.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Erich Fromm in THE SANE SOCIETY decades ago asserted that:

In an INSANE society . . . ONLY THE INSANE . . . are SANE. LOL.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

NOPE. Not proven wrong at all.

Quite the contrary.

However . . . at some point, there's no accounting for taste or beliefs.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

NOPE. Not proven wrong at all.

Erm, YEP! Proven wrong really thoroughly.

. . at some point, there's no accounting for taste or beliefs.

THIS I agree with. Do you proffer your students and clients the same leeway to disagree with you? I certainly hope so.

Strobel = snake oil salesman.

Go on, then, BO, with your 66+ years of life, READ THOSE TWO BOOKS. I am completing 55 years of life here, a month from yesterday....

and I dare say I've read MANY MORE texts than you have.

Let's make a deal: I'll read Strobel with an open mind; IF YOU read Armstrong and Wright (the two books cited/sources earlier). Then we can have a discussion.

Which books would you like me to read of his?

edit on 10/18/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Oh, and, if you don't mind disclosing, I'd like to know your gender, marital status, and if you're a parent. Yes, these things influence my thinking AND my understanding of others.

Thanks in advance. If you'd prefer not to, that's fine, too!!

edit on 10/18/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
Here is another quote....

"Lucifer, the Light-bearer ! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! It is he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable, blinds feeble, sensual or selfish souls? Doubt it not!"

Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, p321, 19th Degree of Grand Pontiff

Also an ex high ranking mason speaks out...

Did you really post Bill Schnoebelen to back up your argument? Bill claims to be a Vampire, Catholic, Wiccan, Mason, Mormon, and Satanist all at the same time. Why do you people keep posting Pikes quotes out of context or leave out the rest that doesn't fit their agenda and how can Pike worship Lucifer when he's Christian? So if Freemasons worship Lucifer without knowing it when are they told the truth and how can you worship Lucifer when you have no idea your worshiping him? It's funny Bill claims everything else besides Christianity is a cult and evil plus his information just repeats other Christian cult members. I won't take anyone serious who finds Jesus from reading chick tracts and he should be in jail for all the horrible things he's said he's been involved in. I should start my own website mixing Christianity with conspiracy theories because some Christians seem to eat that stuff up and are extremely gullible. I bet the Stenographer is a member of ats or will be very soon haha.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

BO XIAN
NOPE. Not proven wrong at all. Quite the contrary.

What planet are you getting your information from? DNA science has proven beyond any doubt that the entire human race could not have come from 3 pair of reproducing human couples living on a boat just 5,000 years ago. It's IMPOSSIBLE. Genetics has proven this. Geology has proven beyond any doubt that the earth and the human race are not 6,000 years old like the bible claims. Archeology has proven beyond any doubt that the Jews were never slaves in Egypt and that Moses didn't lead hundreds of thousands of them into the desert to live for 40 years. It simply did not happen. That's a fact. To say otherwise is absurd.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I think Lee Strobel's THE CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS is a good one.

Give me links to your two sources and which ONE you prefer I read and I'll consider it and let you know. IF the content is greatly similar to stuff I've already been backwards and forwards over, I likely would not waste my time reading the whole thing.

I'm divorced the last 30 years . . . wife decided to marry her co-worker. No children, thankfully.

I encouraged my students to think critically. I encouraged my clients to test whatever I offered as information or suggestions and to hold onto only that which was fruitful and affirmed to them as worth holding onto in their experiences of such.

I haven't taught at the U for more than a year. I'm retired on a meager income living with my 90+ year old Stepdad . . . given that I gave away much of my income to students and others overseas.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I normally respect DNA studies a lot.

However, when they get to asserting emphatically about things thousands of years ago . . . I think there are too many variables that

They weren't there fore . . . and . . . that we have far tooooo short a direct observational record with to get very emphatic about.

Hypothesizing is reasonable. Emphatic smug confidence is not, imho.

And folks claiming exact dating accuracies based on the Bible is . . . flawed at best, imho.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

This is off topic. If you like, I can U2U you and explain all about how freemasonry is structured in such a way that the "top tier" is impossible and how the common lies are spread as truth.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

network dude

If you like, you can find out all about Bill Shenobelin, the guy in your nice video there. He is a Vampire, and was once head of the Satanic church.

Here is a timeline of some of his accomplishments. Are you sure this is they guy you want representing your side?

Why should I have a hard time trusting him? He has been through the loops, done what he has done, and now is actively speaking against it. Most masons have not achieved what he managed to achieve. Even if he is exaggerating somewhat, I still like what he has to say.

I am NOT calling masonry as a whole a satanic brotherhood. It is a group of people who like to study the occult and derive esoteric meanings. The people at the top who run masonry appear to be luciferians, just like the people who run politics and religion.

What I am against is keeping our ancient history secret, rather than teaching this stuff to everyone.
edit on 18/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

Who are these "top level Mason" who run Masonry and how do you know about them but real members don't plus their beliefs? I would love names and lodge numbers of these members and proof they worship Lucifer. If you want to trust a guy who claims to be expert and member of 7 different religions/beliefs all at the same time go for it but even most conspiracy theorists find this guy to be crazy. How can you believe a guy who said he joined "Palladium Masonry" which isn't even real and made up in the Taxil Hoax?

Let's not forget he also claims to be a expert on nuclear and biological weapons Anti-Masonic Example

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

BO XIAN
However, when they get to asserting emphatically about things thousands of years ago . . .

Not thousands of years ago ... they are saying based on DNA and population numbers from today, it is impossible to work backwards 5,000 years down to 3 pair of reproducing humans on a boat. It's impossible ... genetically and mathematically impossible.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07
reply to post by wasaka

Denying satan exists is foolish. He goes by many names such as the destroyer, devil, lucifer, antichrist, etc. Forget john milton as that is a recent work. We are not really fighting against oursevles, we are fighting against evil. Against evil in high places. Ephesians 6:12 KJV bible.

First, MIlton's Epic Poem is 350 years old, that's not a recent work.

Second, I would argue the devil is inside each one of us. You said we are
not fighting against ourselves, but I would say that is exactly where this
battle is taking place... in our heart and mind.... where else can evil reside?

You speak of "high places" but what place is higher than your own heart and
mind? That is the proverbial thrown room, the seat of power, the holy place
(if not the most holy place) of each and every individual, that is were false
authority is worshiped. This is were belief influences behavior.

You said, "Of course satan would NOT be mentioned in the
bible IF SATAN influenced the bible."

Okay, you lost me here. What exactly are saying?

Who says Satan is NOT mentioned in the Bible? I didn't say that, but it
seems you just did. And then you go on claim Satan influenced the Bible?
Maybe so, but I'm a little surprise to hear you admit that.

Jesus asked: "If Satan is divided against himself, how can his kingdom stand?
I say this because you claim that I drive out demons by Beelzebul."

From the above quote it is evident that the Jews of Jesus time had some
ideas about Satan being the "evil one" and so He made a logical argument
that they could understand. By casting out devils (or demons) Jesus was
really just destroying of their power. The heart and mind of those ruled
over by evil is the devil's palace, where he dwells, and where he rules.
I'm speaking metaphorically, of course. Really it is just our own darkside,
that fractured part of our own pshchye, our own evil desire that remains
deeply rooted inside us. For those who witnessed these miracles, the
healing these people experienced was manifest on their face and was
obvious to those who witnessed the transformation. They had been
afflicted by inner daemons, now they were at peace.

Does this prove there is a Satan? No, it does not.

I have conducted etymologies on every word in the Bible that can even
remotely be associated with Satan or the devil. in the oldest book of the Bible,
the satan is an Adversary who God who sends to job. We all have our demons
and our own internal struggle with evil desires, but what defines a person is
not what we say as much as what we do. And what drive our action is
the beliefs we hold. In other words, behavier is the product of belief.

Why is this important? Because as God told Cain, "Evil is crouching
at your door, and you must master it."

Yes, there is good and evil in this world. Yes, that evil does reside
in high places, but we don't need to believe in Satan to see this very
evident fact.

edit on 18-10-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join