It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stenographer dragged from House floor while shouting about Freemasonry and God

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I think Lee Strobel's THE CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS is a good one.

Give me links to your two sources and which ONE you prefer I read and I'll consider it and let you know. IF the content is greatly similar to stuff I've already been backwards and forwards over, I likely would not waste my time reading the whole thing.

Okay, fine. I have the impression, however, that Strobel is a quick read...suitable for short-sighted folks who just want to confirm their bias....shall I reserve the right to "not waste my time reading the whole thing" if the content of Strobel is greatly similar to Christian Apologetics in general???

That's not fair, dude, and you know it.

No. You read the WHOLE THING - and I will read THE WHOLE THING. WITH AN OPEN MIND.

Deal or no deal??????
-------------------------------------------------------
Of the two I recommended, it's your choice. Karen Armstrong's is a very serious (dry) analysis of the development of the Abrahamic "God."

Wright's is a LOT more fun of a read, and quicker. But they BOTH make a LOT of sense to me.

To do Wright, you'd need to plug in your 'humor sensor', just FYI. (Not that he's a crank - just that I find his style of writing engaging, much like Bill Bryson. Facts + humor = THANK YOU!! )

To do Armstrong's A History of God (free online text here), plan to spend time reading slowly - it's thick, and not 'fun', but it DOES have an EXTENSIVE "suggested reading" section, as well as a BIG bibliography.

Wright, in The Evolution of God ALSO has a bibliography, and is very serious in his inquiries.
edit on 10/18/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Have clicked on your links. Will see if I can get to them this weekend to at least assess how much time I want to bother with them.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Don't bother. I've been backwards and forwards over that as much as I care to--some with folks known to me face to face.

Thanks anyway.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I understood your assertion the first time.

I remain unconvinced.

Scientists PRESUME to know far more than they have grounds to presume on.

I'm not an acolyte of the religion of scientism.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Maybe she's onto something... Seems pretty rational to me. Just wrong place wrong time.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by FlyersFan

Scientists PRESUME to know far more than they have grounds to presume on.

I'm not an acolyte of the religion of scientism.

But apparently you are an acolyte of trying to call everything else and "-ism" in order to more easily dismiss it.

The scientific method doesn't presume anything. It is only those challenged by its power that seek to define it as a religion like you have, or corrupt its name and reputation for results to their fantasies.
edit on 18-10-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Am a significant distance into the pdf.

Not that much new, so far.

One of my foundational constructions on reality is that God deliberately . . .

depending . . .

depending on context and His other priorities with a people group and/or geography in a given era

that God deliberately tends to cast the evidence for HIS PERFECT 100% ACCURATE PERSPECTIVE

in SOMEWHAT borderline ambiguous terms

BECAUSE

He does not want "rice Christians."

He wants folks who truly love to be intimate with HIM for who He is vs what they can get out of Him etc.

I think that because of that strong persistent tendency of His, He tends to give plenty of room for all manner of off the wall postulations and hypotheses.

Then there's Lucifer who's had many thousands of years to concoct all manner of "evidence" and hoax to support HIS goals and strategies.

HOWEVER, HE DOES DELCARE

THAT THOSE WHO PERSISTENTLY AND EARNESTLY SEEK HIM, SEEK HIS FACE, HIS PRIORITIES, HIMSELF . . . THEY WILL FIND HIM.

Many seem to give up too early. Many fail to realize that finding Him will always tend to be ON HIS TERMS and timeline.

edit on 18/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I would normaly not post on this topic, but I continue to read the rudest comments which is evident to how lost this Country/World has become. I could rant and try explain deep concepts but really ameriKa has been dumbed down so much... it would be a waste of time. Do some reasearch, push you fat ass away from you IDIOT Tube, stop being herded like goyim, and start thinking for yourselvs.

I read allot about calling this woman crazy & how beleif in a higher power is commical ? Here's some comedy for ya Smart guys & gals.

1)Find out how many of the last CEOS of the CORPORATION are Freemasons ? along with all the other fun little private groups... well along with all other areas of the STATE. Make notice of thier SYMBOLS.... SYMBOLS don't lie PEOPLE LIE.
2) Go look for who Pike says the FMasons worship... he clearly says it... again the people you respect follow the same suit.
3) On your Promisery Notes/Green Backs that you carry around with you.. you know the thing you call MONEY ,which doesn't really exist (it's an Illusion). Who is the IN god we trust.... it's not who you like to bash.
4) For saying the BRAVE WOMAN was activated by the ASS who wrote this statement. Go look up on dictionary.com what GRAMMAR really means (if you want to know whose been ACTIVATED). I did it for you know it alls.

GRAMMAR - gram·mar/ˈgræmər/ Show Spelled [gram-er] Show IPA
noun
1. the study of the way the sentences of a language are constructed; morphology and syntax.

Word Origin & History

grammar

late 12c., gramarye, from O.Fr. grammaire "learning," especially Latin and philology, from L. grammatica, from Gk. grammatike tekhne "art of letters," with a sense of both philology and literature in the broadest sense, from gramma "letter," from stem of graphein "to draw or write." Restriction to "rules
of language" is a post-classical development, but as this type of study was until 16c. limited to Latin, M.E. gramarye also came to mean "learning in general, knowledge peculiar to the learned classes" (early 14c.), which included astrology and magic; hence the secondary meaning of "occult knowledge" (late 15c.), which evolved in Scottish into glamour (q.v.). A grammar school (late 14c.) was originally "a school in which the learned languages are grammatically taught" [Johnson, who also has grammaticaster "a mean verbal pedant"]. In U.S. (1860) the term was put to use in the graded system for "a school between primary and secondary, where English grammar is taught."

Now if you read that you will see GRAMMAR is OCCULT TEACHINGS. Did your Teachers in your GRAMMAR school tell you that ? So why are you forced to go to GRAMMAR School ? So you will learn how to GRAMMACAST .. you figure that out yourself smart guys/gals.

Wow what is morphology Ensteins ???? anyone anyone ???

mor·phol·o·gy/mɔrˈfɒlədʒi/ Show Spelled [mawr-fol-uh-jee] Show IPA
noun
1. the branch of biology dealing with the form and structure of organisms.

That's BIOLOGY as in PHSYHICAL. See morphology changes your DNA physically. Frequency changes your DNA. Words are frequencies.

In the Beginning was GOD, and the WORD was with GOD, the WORD was GOD.......

Now your Masters that have fooled you your whole life know this and much, much more. While you enjoy your Paegan Proganda .... understand you are in a Paegan Nation and you have been suckered. So keep up with you bashing for someone who stand up for something they belive in KNOWING you are commenting on something you have been CONDITIONED to think. Whose the sucker chumps ?????

Great Lady...... haven't seen allot of those in ameriKa lately.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Do me a favor Wildtimes and answer me a couple questions to be discussed between us....

Do you believe in absolutes? ie; that some things are absolutely bad or wrong and some things are absolutely good? Or do you believe everything can be alright if the persons in that culture believe it to be?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

Not to be a total troll here but you say that Christianity is a cult and evil? Your a liar , and and how is loving god or your fellow man evil ? What are you trying to do by making an inflamitory empirical statement ?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Looking4Trth

Great post

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

wasaka
First, MIlton's Epic Poem is 350 years old, that's not a recent work.

It surely is recent by biblical standards if we go back to the old testament, isn't it?

You said, "Of course satan would NOT be mentioned in the
bible IF SATAN influenced the bible."

Okay, you lost me here. What exactly are saying?

I am saying if satan wanted to pervert spiritualism/religion he would influence it in any way possible without mentioning his name. Like when you rob a home you try to do so with no one looking at you, no fingerprints, wearing a mask and carrying a gun for good measure.

www.sacred-texts.com...

www.crystalinks.com...

Check out these sources. They discuss theology, metaphysics, spiritualism, theosophy. Lots of "apocrypha"(non-mainstream ideas).
edit on 18/10/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: removed redundant points to avoid confusion

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I kind of wonder if this woman was influenced by this article?

Israeli court rejects Israeli nationality, saying it could undermine Jewish character
www.foxnews.com...

I only posted Fox News version because the original Washington Post was deleted.

www.washingtonpost.com... 24-2cbe-11e3-b141-298f46539716_story.html

But could she have been thinking that Christianity should be controlling government because it was supposed to have been built on it? Does she think that Christian Churches should be telling the US government what to do? And looking at the article how Israeli courts decided to not allow someone to call themselves Israeli because it would open a can of worms that would cause problems on Israel being created for Jews and to be ran by Jews is kind of crazy. Could this woman have felt the US was created by Christians and was supposed to be ran by Christians for Christians? Did she go on a religious rant about Freemasons because she wanted the US to be for Christians by Christians. There is a fight over the Pledge of Allegiance. How one nation under God should be removed. But hell that was added in 1954. Our nation was not built on it. Our nation was built on We the People.

'Under God' part of Pledge of Allegiance under review in Massachusetts
www.cnn.com...

And I find this strange.

Rep. Bill Young, longest-serving GOP member in House, dies at age 82
www.cnn.com...

The 22-term representative wasn't on the House floor for the vote on reopening the government and raising the debt ceiling. Just last week, he announced that he wouldn't run for another term.

So if he was not on the House Floor who did this woman talk to before she did this?

That sure does look like him?

edit on 18-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I'm WELL INTO THE PDF

I'm willing to continue reading it line by line as a courtesy to you.

I don't know which one it is. I guess it's the dry one. LOL.

It's still up because I could save the other one via a shortcut on my desktop and I didn't want to bother with the longer process of saving the pdf to disk at the time. LOL.

The quirks of life.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I have been struggling with posting this all day.

I wouldn't want to be a member of congress right now.

Pay close attention to what happens the next few months.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Strollin
reply to post by nancyliedersdeaddog

Not to be a total troll here but you say that Christianity is a cult and evil? Your a liar , and and how is loving god or your fellow man evil ? What are you trying to do by making an inflamitory empirical statement ?

I"m pretty sure I never said that Christianity is evil but of course there have been plenty of followers who have been evil and done evil acts in the name of Christianity. I should of clarify my view on Christianity being cult because I don't think all Christians belong to a cult but people like Bill Schnoebelen definitely do. It's funny you bring up me making 1 inflammatory remark about Christianity yet don't say anything about all the other members doing the same thing about Freemasonry.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I have seen it mentioned on other forums that it was most likely Jim Costa. It was also pointed out that not only did she get up right after he appeared to speak with her - he went on to text on his cell phone once she started speaking, as if he knew what was going on and wasn't alarmed.

Jim Costa

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Impressive.

A stenographer huh?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Strange the recording is not what she said at the microphone. She said this while being forced onto the elevator.

So I wonder what she said at the microphone?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

USA is a secular nation with tolerance for all spiritual beliefs. Israel pretends to be secular but most people have come to understand it as non-secular, after all that is what zionism is all about, a jewish state. I would say just as non-secular as iran.

I dont think christians want a christian usa, they simply want more respect from the liberal establishment. There has been lots of christian bashing, some called for and some uncalled for.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join