It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the Tea Party split from the GOP?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If the tea party splits from the GOP, it will be the death of both parties, and a guarantee that democrats dominate for the next two decades.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What we have to look forward to. . . . . .

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

captaintyinknots
If the tea party splits from the GOP, it will be the death of both parties, and a guarantee that democrats dominate for the next two decades.

I don't think so. (in my humble opinion)

I think the GOP is dying anyway.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

beezzer

captaintyinknots

You may be right there. In fact you probably are. But I think the tea party would be far better off trying to take over the gop, as opposed to splitting from them.

The bottom line, in my opinion, is that a split would further separate the constituency on the right. Meanwhile, you have the democrats employing the strategies that minorities will win elections. Minorities + a very loyal hard left constituency>a fractured constituency on the right.

Now, I generally dont vote D or R, but I truly do think this would doom us to another 2 term dem in office, maybe even 2 more, before either the GOP of Tea Party could build decent enough numbers to compete, election-wise.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Tea Partys polling numbers are the lowest they have been since they came out. And they have been dropping for awhile. They have wrecked the GOPs plans to try and take the Senate and now they have no doubt cost them the house as well. The Tea Party as a seperate enity would be the end of them so they would never go for it. The GOP on the other hand at this point would be happy to get rid of them. All crazy sexist, racist, and nutty stuff that comes out of the Tea Party completely drowns out anything else coming from the GOP. When you let those people become the face of your party you know why your party is polling at its lowest numbers in its history. The GOP just has to pull it together and make it until 2014 when the Tea Party people loose their seats and then begin rebuilding the party.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Tea Party and the Republicans are now too different to be considered one in the same.
To be accurate and honest, they should break off.
Republicans and Democrats are too closely aligned to even be considered different parties, IMHO.
There wasnt much daylight between Obama and Romney ... was there?

I just wish people would dump both the Democrats and Republicans and move on to
third, fourth, fifth parties .... anything but the (D) and (R).

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

MrSpad
The Tea Partys polling numbers are the lowest they have been since they came out. And they have been dropping for awhile. They have wrecked the GOPs plans to try and take the Senate and now they have no doubt cost them the house as well. The Tea Party as a seperate enity would be the end of them so they would never go for it. The GOP on the other hand at this point would be happy to get rid of them. All crazy sexist, racist, and nutty stuff that comes out of the Tea Party completely drowns out anything else coming from the GOP. When you let those people become the face of your party you know why your party is polling at its lowest numbers in its history. The GOP just has to pull it together and make it until 2014 when the Tea Party people loose their seats and then begin rebuilding the party.

Funny thing about polls on ATS.

If they support your conclusions, they are accurate.
If they don't, then they are biased.

As FF stated, the R's and D's are nearly indistinguishable right now.

We need to embrace another choice.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

beezzer

captaintyinknots

It is dying unless the Republicans return to the big tent party and stop driving out moderates.

Ronald Reagan once said:

“We must keep the door open – offering our party as the only practical answer for those who, overall, are individualists. And because this is the great common denominator – this dedication to the belief in man’s aspirations as an individual – we cannot offer them a narrow sectarian party in which all must swear allegiance to prescribed commandments.”

The whole RINO thing has to die to save the Republican party

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

beezzer

There is a solution, but it's a long shot.

The 3rd party, whoever that might be needs to attract minorities, women, and moderates to be viable.

How is a 3rd party going to lure them away from the democrats. 3rd parties tending to be extreme in their views and concept are going to have a monumental struggle to convince those demographics of their sincerity.

The Libertarians are the really only viable option. Not the Tea Party that predominantly is white old men.

edit on 16-10-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Shdak
Most American people fall in the middle; anyone that is willing to compromise a little with both Rep's & Dem's I would consider being an Independent.

I am an independent, but until we actually get an organized, independent party that takes enough seats to force compromise nothing will change.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

olaru12

beezzer

The 3rd party, whoever that might be needs to attract minorities, women, and moderates to be viable.

Yea that's probably why many of these minority based political movements just stagnate outside of their element. They don't do enough to attract others outside of their myopic little political corner. And really its gets old when your always blaming "the man" for all the problems. Or those "other people". Oh they have their "other people" political lackeys but by and large their hate, and they need it, for "those other people", is so great that they just become background noise.

Just look what a parody of itself the NAACP has become. Or the Southern Poverty Law Center.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

The democrats (and republicans) stand for big government, a central authority, more laws, more drones, more wars, less privacy, TSA, NDAA, Patriot Act. . . etc.

If someone wants those things, then stay with the GOP or democrats (really no difference right now)

If you want smaller government, less spending, more freedom, more control over your own life, then 3rd party is really the only alternative.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Kaploink

beezzer

captaintyinknots

It is dying unless the Republicans return to the big tent party and stop driving out moderates.

Ronald Reagan once said:

“We must keep the door open – offering our party as the only practical answer for those who, overall, are individualists. And because this is the great common denominator – this dedication to the belief in man’s aspirations as an individual – we cannot offer them a narrow sectarian party in which all must swear allegiance to prescribed commandments.”

Truth!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Kaploink

beezzer

captaintyinknots

Oh I suppose all the "moderates" moved over to the dems. LOL Yea they are the big tent now. The big circus tent freak show of "moderates".

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Logarock

olaru12

beezzer

Yea that's probably why many of these minority based political movements just stagnate outside of their element. They don't do enough to attract others outside of their myopic little political corner. And really its gets old when your always blaming "the man" for all the problems. Or those "other people". Oh they have their "other people" political lackeys but by and large their hate, and they need it, for "those other people", is so great that they just become background noise.

Just look what a parody of itself the NAACP has become. Or the Southern Poverty Law Center.

I totally agree with you...but will this angry style of finger pointing win many converts to the cause. Doubt it....

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

beezzer

Kaploink

beezzer

captaintyinknots

Ronald Reagan once said:

Truth!

No Bezz no! What has happened is that the dems have promised so many the world and when they cant come through they blame the republicans. The republicans are holding up utopia..er the TP.

That big tent is full of the discontented that are sure when the TP is gone and the Republicans are moderate then and only then will the big train come around the bend. At that point they will find out that the box cars are empty.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

olaru12

Logarock

olaru12

beezzer

I totally agree with you...but will this angry style of finger pointing win many converts to the cause. Doubt it....

No its called "truth". That's why until now you haven't said anything about it.....your to busy working on the TP. Pointing them all over the place.

After all what types of political parties need to point to race, gender and moderation to feel they are viable? You are simply proving that some hold women and minorities in the republican party to be illegitimate.
edit on 16-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Logarock

beezzer

Kaploink

beezzer

captaintyinknots

Ronald Reagan once said:

Truth!

No Bezz no! What has happened is that the dems have promised so many the world and when they cant come through they blame the republicans. The republicans are holding up utopia..er the TP.

That big tent is full of the discontented that are sure when the TP is gone and the Republicans are moderate then and only then will the big train come around the bend. At that point they will find out that the box cars are empty.

I see 2 things wrong with the GOP.

They are caving to democrat plans.

And they are so damned worried about getting re-elected, that they are willing to cede anything to get a vote.

What in the hell happened to values and principles?

Instead of doing the right thing, they are doing ANYTHING.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

beezzer

Quadrivium

. . . . . . . If it meant getting this country back on track I would willing French kiss Nancy Pelosi if it would help. . . . . . . . . .

OH don't act like you wouldn't enjoy doing it yourself :wink:

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The new GOP emblem. . . . . .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join