It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdness coming to the Pacific Northwest? Our animals sure think so...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yeah I'm in Spokane and the dogs nearby have been constantly barking, and in general have been acting quite peculiar for the last hour or so especially.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Now here I thought it was just me n the woman who were seeing the weird number thingy on the clocks. 11:11, 12:12, numbers in 3's like 1:11, 2:22 etc. Seeing this for about a year now. Others too ... there is even a 11:11 website. Hmmm??!

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I used to see 11:11 alllll the time, then nothing for like 3 years... the last few weeks it is non stop again....

My cats are both always nuts so very unreliable.

As for the geese, I hear them flying, assumed they were going south, but still keep hearing them, so you are right, they have not gone south yet, they seem to be sticking around.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Cricketine
Central Oregon coast here. Now that it's been mentioned I have noticed our two budgies have been practically silent most of the day. Our two cats seem normal but more on the "lovable" side.

I'm ready for the shake up... We need a little excitement in this sleepy coastal town.

Eh, be careful what you wish for. The damage to the 1700 Cascadia megathrust quake was something I had to study a whole lot in university. What happened was a hell of a thing. If it did strike again, Portland would likely undergo soil liquefication. The coast would flood to the Coast Range (they found dead trees killed by salt water pretty far inland, too). Very seriously messed up. Cascadia can stay nice and sleepy.

I had cats go bonkers the hours before a quake decades ago. They were running around like mad before finally hiding in my closet when they couldn't find a way to escape. My current cats, however, are nice and calm. They're not running around, hiding. Just slightly miserable from the darn fleas.

P.S. USGS is back up. Looks blank from a lack of past earthquake information but it's functioning again for all you quake watchers.
Amazingly how quick they turned the website back on. lol

usgs.gov...

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Soil liquefication - people should look that up - everything turns to "quicksand" and everything sinks.

Just as scary as the ground opening up and everything falls in - and then closes up again.

I'm terrified of earthquakes......

I live in WI - but remember living in CA when I was a kid.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

If you have been feeling it for a long time and nothing has happened maybe there is nothing to the feeling.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

madmac5150

AbleEndangered
Be careful with drinking water, the lake may become poisonous if underground gases are released into it.

Gases from the lake may become toxic.

The lake will most likely show the first signs!!

I can just about hit the lake with a golfball and a decent 4-iron... if I "pure" it anyways... (you golfers know what I am talking about). I will let ya know if it starts to look weird... I drive by it daily...

Maybe they are testing SONAR at the super secret sub base...???

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K methinks...

Where did I leave that Snickers???

I hope you are aware that Lake Pend Oreille does in fact have a Navy base testing large scale submarine prototypes and doing significant acoustic research. The lakes depth gives acoustic properties similar to the open ocean.

Ex

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hidingthistime

When I lived in NYC, some advise someone
Gave me " when u see people running,
DON't stop to figure out why.Just run with
Them and figure it out lster"

My son and I were driving the other
Day and the clock said 11:11
He said " look mom it's our lucky number"

Wish the great beyond gave me better
Signals. Im just ti stupid to figure out
The meaning,i guess.
Peace
Ex

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Animals can sense things we can't. I do not know what is causing what you are observing though. Our outside cats will often go into an old metal bookcase we have an hour before a thunder storm. They will shove whatever I put on that shelf out, unless it is soft and insulating. I should put a rubber mat in there for them. I think they can hear the thunderstorm long before we can. The thunderstorm doesn't always come over our house though, it may be five miles away. So you can't always use their actions to predict rain or a thunder storm coming over the house.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Soil liquefication - people should look that up - everything turns to "quicksand" and everything sinks.

Just as scary as the ground opening up and everything falls in - and then closes up again.

I'm terrified of earthquakes......

I live in WI - but remember living in CA when I was a kid.

Yep, it's a terrifying thing indeed. The reason why Portland would be so prone to soil liquefaction is because of the geology in the area. You have a lot silt/loose sediments atop siltstone atop basal. That means that a lot of water gets trapped between the siltstone and basalt, further loosening and saturating it (that's also why there are so many landslides during very heavy rains in the West Hills.) The resultant effect is similar to, iirc, the Marina district in San Francisco that got slammed so hard decades ago in a major quake. On top of it, the surrounding hills turn the area into a sort of bowl so that when vibrations begin, it will amplify the waves and cause them to rebound. Smaller quakes won't do it (ie Spring Break Quake didn't) but a megathrust is highly likely to cause that effect because of its severity. Scary, scary stuff indeed.

Some things would sink but mostly the hard surfaces will float and sway like in this video. Watch the cobblestones/bricks. Liquefaction starts really kicking in at around 1 minute:

Skyscrapers will sway in downtown areas. I was in a skyscraper during a quake with a view overlooking other skyscrapers and well, let's just say that I'm a. afraid of skyscrapers and b. afraid of heights now, lol. My apartment had an 16 ft long crack in the ceiling and the part of the floor dropped out on my level for a 5.6 in downtown Portland. Levels on the richter scale increase exponentially so if it had been a 9.2-I don't even want to think about it. The 1700 Cascadia Earthquake was between 8.7-9.2 in magnitude.

Here's an image of what a 9.2 earthquake can do.1964 Good Friday Earthquake, Alaska

This is something that everyone in the Pacific NW should hope does not happen in their lifetimes. If you are living in the Pacific NW, absolutely make sure that you have an earthquake emergency kit stocked at all times just in case. However, the interval between these Cascadia quakes can range between 300-900 years with an average of around close to 600 years. With the last one being in 1700 (tree rings on salt killed trees and Japan tsunami), we're now in that interval range and we are seriously unprepared for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I believe there is a lunal eclipse tomorrow the 19th). I hope that's all it is. Please be safe.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I live in Portland, on the 15th my cat was actually going nuts that night - running around everywhere like a madman even though he usually just sleeps all day - He's been calm all yesterday/today though. Probably just a coincidence but it's funny that it happened at the same time.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Texas here, just chiming in to say my cat Lafayette
is going nuts the last couple of nights.
I thought it was the almost full moon, as that does facilitate
his rambunctious night time shenanigans.
But who knows ?

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 17-10-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cprnicus

Do some research on twin souls and you will be quite surprised.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Research twin souls and you may be suprised

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

TeamOrion

Research twin souls and you may be suprised

I see the 11:11 all of the time. Weird that you mentioned twin souls. Weird...

edit on 18-10-2013 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Im close to Redding Ca., and we had a swarm of 7 small quakes on the 16th. I watch the equakes on USGS. This is not in a normal location. It was about 1 1/2 miles above Iron Mountain Mine. Which is a toxic waste dump, has the most acidic water on earth, sits over the Sacramento River, and is a hollow mountain. (wiki Iron Mountain Mine Redding)
2 weeks ago we had another swarm of 7 on the opposite side of the lake. Close under Mt Lassen. Lassen exploded exactly 100 years ago. The Juan De Fuca had a 4.9 quake close to Eureka which is why we are seeing these quakes.

We sit almost on top of where the Juan De Fuca divides the Cascades with the Sierra's. These small quakes 2 weeks ago lit up the bottom perimeter of MT Lassen all the way to Lake Almanor which has had a LOT of activity. If the southern part of the De Fuca pushes inland against Lassen hard enough we could see it split between the Cascades and Sierra's.

I called my son last night who lives above lake Shasta, and told him to prepare a place for us. Just a little more uptick in activity or a larger quake and Im leaving. I live under both Shasta Dam and Whiskeylake Dam, at the base of Mt Lassen and not too far from Mt Shasta. Ive been holding my breath the last few days. My son was hiking not too far from here and found a giant sink hole "eating giant trees". I have family that lives at the base of Lassen, and we are very concerned about sink holes. They tell us we have 2 hours before we are covered with water in case of a dam collapse. But, these dams are 65- 70 years old. Not to mention equake water slosh. I have seen a equake slosh all the water out of our built in pool in the So. Cal equake. I can only imagine the flooding if Shasta Lake decides to rock and roll.
edit on 18-10-2013 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

Now that's interesting. Mt. Lassen is also part of the Cascade range. I was just looking at all quakes in the last week on USGS and noted that there were numerous minor shallow quakes at various points along the Cascades. Guessing at the locations, it looks like Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Hood--all active volcanoes in the Cascades like Mt. Lassen--all had minor quakes as well over the last week.

Magma movement.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Interesting... but funny read! Thanks for a laugh haha.

Keep an eye on them, i'm certain animals are extremely intelligent and in-tune. (well..... some)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join