It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Redskins must change their offensive Name...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I just wish we had a Whiteskins team.
So we could have the most awesome team mascot evah!

"The grand dragon"

A dragon in a suit blowing fire out its mouth via flame thrower while wearing an over starched hoodie.

hehe

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Should the fact that he made a joke prevent me from discussing what the joke is about? :: Rolls eyes ::

Cito
So we could have the most awesome team mascot evah!

"The grand dragon"

Haha! +1 internet to you my good sir.
edit on 15-10-2013 by Auricom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

fenson76
reply to post by knightrider078

Did you read the OP? Seriously, this is better than a movie. /breaks out the popcorn

I have been laughing so hard today.

I know how it feels to want to eat your keyboard.

I have to say a knee jerk reaction is one thing.

But skipping over five pages of dialogue?

We'll, I'm off to brush my teeth...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Personally I'm happy we live in the land of the free and can say the word Washington and offend as many people as we like. So if you are so kind, please throw up while i record you for youtube. bwahaha

WASHINGTON WASHINGTON WASHING---- *gets murdered like candlejack*

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It amazes me how many dunces here did not even bother to read the OP's post. Then again, isn't that the same result when the media and their tycoons play the very same tactic every single day through their messages to the masses of herds?

Yes though, having a name that has anything to do with Washington D.C is plastering the filth of that degenerate Capital that is occupied by internationalist bankster bought and paid off traitors and pigs upon whatever organization which is connected to it.

As far as the Redskins name, it does not bother me personally, and I have Shoshone Indian blood in my family. If it bothers other full blooded Indians, than that is another debate. ~$heopleNation
edit on 15-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Its it ok to read the post, have a laugh, then post an opinion on the topic we all just laughed about??

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatanka

Maybe I can fit 3 replies into 1 post here.
First to whyamihere - HAHAHAHAHAHA Good one!

Then to Lysergic - Washington Rednecks...

Funny, when I moved to Wyoming many years ago I began wearing a camo cap. Shortly thereafter, I developed a strange red rash covering a large portion of yep...my neck. Probably just windburn or something strange, but it's now permanent. I are now officially a redneck.

Finally to Tatanka - Since I have moved here I have gained a keen interest and huge respect for your culture. I have wandered the prairie for countless hours and countless miles. I have found arrow points, I have sat in tipi rings and pondered those who made that spot their home. I have learned the blessings and cleansing properties of Sage, mugwort, Bearroot and kinnick-kinnick. I have learned how to knap my own arrow points, fashion arrow shafts, make my own pine pitch glue and chew tendon to make sinew wrapping. I now have a few complete arrows and a large section of Alder which will someday be my bow. The day that I can hunt with it and provide food for myself, I will lay down and weep with thanks to my creator. Your culture has given me inspiration that no words can express. Thank You.
Peace Back
edit on 15-10-2013 by sageturkey because: SP

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tatanka

I do not see anything racist about this at all. I bet the person who started this is no more any Indian than my cat is. This is just some fool trying to start something to make them feel big. I hope they do not change their name. If they do then there will be a flood of stuff like this all over the place. I am quarter Cherokee and I could not care less about some football team calling its self redskins.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Threads like these remind me exactly why I stay logged out 99% of the time. At this point who cares? Everyone on this site talks about 'moving on'.. it's just a name, nothing more nothing less.

When I think of the name I think of a FOOTBALL TEAM. History is history let's learn from it and move foarward.. thanks

31b
edit on 15-10-2013 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
reply to post by SheopleNation

Its it ok to read the post, have a laugh, then post an opinion on the topic we all just laughed about??

Of course, but is it also ok to expect people to at least read the OP's post so that they understand that the focus was on D.C, and not the Redskins name? Is that so difficult to comprehend, which you obviously had trouble doing? Calm down now. ~$heopleNation

edit on 15-10-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Political correct whacko world is destroying us all.The name Redskin was given as a honor to the Redskins for people who are to ignorant to learn history.

In 1932, the NFL team moved to the historic Fenway Park and were left under the leadership of George Preston Marshall. The very next year, Marshall changed the name to ‘Redskins.’ Why?”. “Well that’s a good question for the president to ask … the name was changed to ‘Redskins’ to honor then-coach Lone Star Dietz, an American Sioux. So the name actually pays tribute to a great people.”

www.theblaze.com...

This country is turning into utter madness.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sticks and stones.

Sad to see this topic top 2....

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Jobeycool
Political correct whacko world is destroying us all.The name Redskin was given as a honor to the Redskins for people who are to ignorant to learn history.

In 1932, the NFL team moved to the historic Fenway Park and were left under the leadership of George Preston Marshall. The very next year, Marshall changed the name to ‘Redskins.’ Why?”. “Well that’s a good question for the president to ask … the name was changed to ‘Redskins’ to honor then-coach Lone Star Dietz, an American Sioux. So the name actually pays tribute to a great people.”

www.theblaze.com...

This country is turning into utter madness.

Except for the fact that the term was coined due to a bounty on Indian scalps....The bloody skin side of the scald was red...so it was called a red skin ( referring to the scalp) not the native it came from.

I don't see how you can put much credit in the coach or the mascot who backed the team considering they were being paid very well by the people benefiting from the team.

To my knowledge most of the major indian tribes have stated that it is a slur roughly the same as calling a black person "colored".

Fact of the matter is we have wiped out or assimilated so much of the native american population that there aren't really that many people to raise hell about it. The larger populations would never deal with the same kinda disrespect... and jews are white and we all know how scared politicians and celebs are of saying something antisemitic...ask mel gibson and charlie sheen.

Redskin is completely different then braves, souix and indians. souix was the name of a tribe thats not degrading.......Brave is a warrior..... indian is a little shadier but the 13 civilized tribes have adopted that as there own soo... Redskin is from a bounty on scalps from indians of all ages. As in "you get 2 gold for every redskin you bring in." obviously different from the rest.

I don't really care what they do about the name. I'm about a quarter indian but haven't been raised around indians or have a bunch of indian friends. Out of sight out of mind. When you commit genocide on a people there aren't that many to complain about it later. The question is can you admit to yourself that the reason its ok. is because you dont care. You know its a completely disrespectful reference to atrocious war crimes committed by the invading Europeans.....lol

O.H. ps...When people say the country is going to crap. remember where we came from. Slavery ,the massacre of the Indians, segregation, womens rights, you name it and its better then it was.
edit on 16-10-2013 by artemisminion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

They could change it to....

..wait....

D.C. Gingers!

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It simply amazes me that so many fell for it especially this far into the thread.

Either that or they just didn’t comprehend the meaning of the OP which IMO would be even worse.

Think Carlos Mencia

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

fixer1967
reply to post by Tatanka

I do not see anything racist about this at all. I bet the person who started this is no more any Indian than my cat is. This is just some fool trying to start something to make them feel big. I hope they do not change their name. If they do then there will be a flood of stuff like this all over the place. I am quarter Cherokee and I could not care less about some football team calling its self redskins.

Well, like I said, some care, and some don't.... now here's someone that did.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
LOL

second line..... lol

Glad I kept reading star and flag

eta..
That whole OP should go viral...
edit on 16-10-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
People that talk about race are racist because they place so much emphasis on racial characteristics. So we are all racist in one way or the other. Who cares?

The actual reason to talk about race is to divide people further. That is the type of dirty politics being played now. The chief divider is the biggest racist.

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

XXX777
People that talk about race are racist because they place so much emphasis on racial characteristics. So we are all racist in one way or the other. Who cares?

The actual reason to talk about race is to divide people further. That is the type of dirty politics being played now. The chief divider is the biggest racist.

In 1000 years race wont matter at all because we are all going to be the same color anyway..

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am not really interested in debating the topic, mainly because I've lived the topic and I can only speak for myself and what my own family feels. I'm also not interested in changing someone's mind or heart. But I think it's good to open ones consciousness once in awhile and learn from other people. Do I think "redskins" is racist? Yes I do, and for many natives, it's a slur that is the same as someone using the "N" word. It's not acceptable, and I think people who think it is okay, are the dividers. That's just my opinion. We unite when we respect one another regardless of skin color or culture. We unite when we listen to what our brothers and sisters have to say, and we do no harm or implement further pain on one another.

With that, I respectfully bow out of this conversation.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join