It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Eryiedes
They are just as despotic and tyranical as they ALWAYS were.

Okay ... so you are saying that the Vatican has armies of people who are invading, in the name of Catholicsim, into Turkey and Syria and Israel .. etc etc?? And the protestants are hanging 'witches' and burning them at the stake in New England because those 'witches' aren't Christian?? Comeon .... you know that's not true.

Just because they now hide their crimes better does not make them any better.

If Christians were blowing up shopping malls and purposely killing everyone who wasn't Christian ... we'd know about it.

Simply saying something over and over again does not make it true.

I could say the same right back to you ... ya' know?

But whatever. You are welcome to your opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
Except the after life will be quite physical.

I dunno about that.

CHRISTIAN AFTERLIFE -

1 Corinthians 2:9 - But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Matthew 22:30 - At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Sex stays within marriage. No marriage means no sex.
At least, according to Christianity. That came straight from Jesus.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

LOL! To be honest, at this point in my life (post-menopause and slowly regaining my sense of blanace), SEX is the LAST thing I want in the afterlife. What a chore.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Okay ... so you are saying that the Vatican has armies of people who are invading, in the name of Catholicsim, into Turkey and Syria and Israel .. etc etc?? And the protestants are hanging 'witches' and burning them at the stake in New England because those 'witches' aren't Christian?? Comeon .... you know that's not true.

They don't need standing armies when they have BANKERS who can cause more damage through economic policy than ANY military.

If Christians were blowing up shopping malls and purposely killing everyone who wasn't Christian ... we'd know about it.

You are SURE about that? Plenty of Christians in the CIA and they're about as nefarious as it gets. Wanna hazard a guess at all the people they've murdered in the name of their god?
What about John Hague as wildtimes brought up? Just nuke Iran and let god sort it out?
That sounds "evolved" to you?
OH THAT'S RIGHT....Christians CAN'T murder...they can only "release the soul to god".
And you honestly believe that doesn't make Christians more prone to violence than anyone else when they have such a wonderful excuse cooked up ahead of time?

You are raising Christianity up on a pedestal while casting other religions to oblivion at their own expense and THAT (I'm sorry) reeks of hypocracy.

If that is all you are upholding then you have sold yourself short and deserve MUCH better.

-Amitaba-

edit on 27-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You can't mean that! At the risk of going off topic, I will adamantly defend the necessity of a sex life in the afterlife. That's like beer without the alcohol.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You can't mean that! At the risk of going off topic, I will adamantly defend the necessity of a sex life in the afterlife. That's like beer without the alcohol.

Oh, there'll be plenty of beer and "420" fun....make no mistake. But, I'm a woman, and we, well, we get worn out....

It's okay, though. Maybe my husband will be re-happified when I get my hormones levelled out again. Mostly I just want to sleep and read and write...and not be touched during the night. Sorry. Take it as a hint of middle aged women's "development." And trust, me, I've enjoyed LOTS of sex...lots.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

wildtimes
SEX is the LAST thing I want in the afterlife. What a chore.

Seriously. it's a lot of work and rather MUNDANE ... earthbound ...
I can think of better things to do with eternity than 'service' a man for eons ....
Thankfully, Jesus said 'no marriage' in heaven. Which means 'no sex'.
That tells me the afterlife is a MUCH MORE SPIRITUAL event than the mundane organic.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Saying "How Christian of you" wasn't implying you were Christian.
It implied you have more in common with them than you are prepared to admit.
Sorry for being unclear.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
I will adamantly defend the necessity of a sex life in the afterlife.

What's the point? You can't make babies in the afterlife. And you won't have an organic body
to get all hot and bothered with and/or over. Wouldn't you rather be free from all the
mundane organic ball & chain stuff and evolve into something more spiritual and free?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

FlyersFan

wildtimes
SEX is the LAST thing I want in the afterlife. What a chore.

Seriously. it's a lot of work and rather MUNDANE ... earthbound ...
I can think of better things to do with eternity than 'service' a man for eons ....
Thankfully, Jesus said 'no marriage' in heaven. Which means 'no sex'.

Would it be possible to blow one's brains out in heaven?

Because that simply wouldn't do

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What is wrong with you women! I LIKE sex lots and lots and lots... its not a chore..~! I cannot think of anything that feels better than an orgasm! Chocolate is second best to an orgasm!

If there is no orgasms in heaven will there at least be chocolate?
edit on 27-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Good morning, dear!!!

Yes, I LOVED sex...and then my hormones bailed on me. I'm noticing whether they're leveling out to permit me to enjoy orgasms once again....very slowly, yes. I don't know how old you are...but in my 40s I was a veritable COUGAR. Then menopause hit...and it all went pfffffffff....like a balloon deflating......

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Plenty of Christians in the CIA and they're about as nefarious as it gets.

Being a christian and going out and killing for your own reasons or other reasons is VERY different then being in a christian group and killing in the name of Christianity. That's two very different things.

You are raising Christianity up on a pedestal while casting other religions to oblivion at their own expense and THAT (I'm sorry) reeks of hypocracy.

I never put it on a pedestal. You are exaggerating. I said it's evolved further than Islam.
Saying something has evolved further is NOT the same as putting it up on a pedestal.
So you saying 'hypocrisy' is out of place.
And as I said ... you are welcome to your viewpoint and opinion. Whatever.

That being said -

I WILL put Jesus up on a pedestal over Muhammad. As the examples I gave on the previous page show - there is a night and day difference between them.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm 44... not quite to the menopause thing yet... thank God... I am not looking forward to it!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Well, prez, since they say that we're all young and fit again, I'm sure that orgasmic ecstasy is an option - you only have to 'imagine it' and...voila!

@OpB:
yes, there will be plenty of chocolate.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

OH MAN ... um .... maybe that's a topic for another thread?
Menopause ... no sex in the afterlife ... etc etc
(I'm chuckling ... )

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
[ I LIKE sex lots and lots and lots... its not a chore..~! I cannot think of anything that feels better than an orgasm! Chocolate is second best to an orgasm!

Get back to me when you are in your 50's ... been through menopause ... and discovered other things that are more satisfying and not as much work. Oh .. and nothing is better than chocolate ... except maybe cafe-mocha which combines coffee and chocolate together.

Anyways ... according to Jesus ... No marriage and no sex in heaven.
Sorry ... but that's straight from a fella who 'came down from heaven' (His quote),

Heaven ... eyes have not seen and ears have not heard what God has ready for those who love Him. That tells me there are things better than sex (not hard to do) and better than chocolate (HARDER to do) in heaven. Don't worry ... you won't miss sex. It'll be mundane and organic and you won't even think twice about it ...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Prezbo369

jesus said no marriage and so no sex. Since He 'came down from heaven' ... He'd know.
Don't worry ... IF you 'make it' then you won't miss it at all. Better and more spiritual
things are in store.

(I"m amazed at how much emphasis some folks put on sex ... wow ... )

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Get back to me when you are in your 50's ... been through menopause ... and discovered other things that are more satisfying and not as much work.

LOL again!!!

Meanwhile, she gets to enjoy her mid-life crisis 40s wild-woman thing..... .
(it happened to me, BIG-TIME. Went completely "adolescent lust crazy" again...)

@OpB:

Take your time. When you hit the peri phase, we'll be here.
Hug.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

It has not been 12 hours since I lost my child at the age of 23. I am replying to you, but will not debate your reply because I am not up to that sort of thing but what you said deserves a response.

Do I believe in Heaven? Yes I do, and I believe my daughter is there... She is not in any pain, nor suffering anymore in anyway.

Have I cried, and wailed, and all that? HELL yes, my eyes are so puffy they are almost swollen shut at this point.. I have mourned her death plenty...

If you would like to know why I cry, when my daughter is not in any pain... its for many reasons...

First, my daughter had a life of pain, from the beginning to the end.. and that was my fault... I failed as a parent.. in some ways I feel like I failed God... HE gave her to me and I dropped the ball and didn't do those things I should have as a good parent.

I cried for that.. plenty, asking her forgiveness and HIS.... I was given something precious and ... sorry I am crying again so that is enough for that part...

anyway... I am also crying because I will miss her so... I literally lived for her... she was my reason, she was that thing in my life that was always perfect and beautiful, she was my strength, and the one I was strong for... and I am gonna miss her so badly it hurts...

THAT is why I cry... not because I dont really believe in a heaven... I am crying for myself right now... I am having a damn pity party ok? I get to do that... its my right as a human being...

and anyone who has no emotion... is a sociopath or a psychopath.. emotion is a very human trait.. and I am a very human being...

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join