It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
wildtimes
reply to post by logical7

logical7and you cannot say that Muhammad pbuh was wrong when you do not even know what things he said.

Can you explain to me the (as I would call it) an exhale breath in many of your sentence structure endings result in a "PBUH" . Is this a breathing exercise or a mantra that (whatever you say true or not is blessed somehow) or the PBUH is the blessing. I really would like to know, as the keyboard can express anything, 'shrug', 'sigh', (emoticons) and I find utterance of the PBUH annoying; for me personally is intrusive. Enlighten me please because otherwise I enjoy your commentary.

edit on 26-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Its an abbreviation for the english words Peace be Upon Him. (arabic say Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) It is asking for God's blessing upon the Prophets (saw) head. It is respectful. Abbreviations keep it simple...writing is more time consuming than speaking.
edit on 26-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

No, God does not have emotions as people do. You are correct. Descriptive words are used in which we can relate to, but our knowledge and the limitations of our minds cannot truly understand HIM.

God is merciful, but the limitations our minds place upon mercy means we cannot truly comprehend the scope of the Absolute and Perfect Mercy of God.

God is Just, but with the limitations of our minds we cannot understand this attribute in perfect context either...

the list goes on with all the attributes of God. There are more than 100... btw.

We can only know God within the limits of our capacity, and HE is so far beyond our limits of understanding that we simply do the best we can within our limits.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Hi there, OpB. I'm rather surprised (and pleased!) to see you again...especially here!

Hope your daughter is feeling better day by day.

For that answer you should go to my thread... you know the one. I am in your thread because talking about God right now is a help to me.
And you are always good to discuss with.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

No, God does not have emotions as people do. You are correct. Descriptive words are used in which we can relate to, but our knowledge and the limitations of our minds cannot truly understand HIM.

God is merciful, but the limitations our minds place upon mercy means we cannot truly comprehend the scope of the Absolute and Perfect Mercy of God.

God is Just, but with the limitations of our minds we cannot understand this attribute in perfect context either...

the list goes on with all the attributes of God. There are more than 100... btw.

We can only know God within the limits of our capacity, and HE is so far beyond our limits of understanding that we simply do the best we can within our limits.

Can you understand why all that incomprehensibility would make someone very hesitant and uneasy?
edit on 26-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OpinionatedB
reply to post by vethumanbeing

OpinionatedB
Its an abbreviation for the english words Peace be Upon Him. (arabic say Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) It is asking for God's blessing upon the Prophets (saw) head. It is respectful. Abbreviations keep it simple...writing is more time consuming than speaking.

Thankyou for responding/answering, I knew that it was in some way a blessing just did not GROK the how/why usage format.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
OpinionatedB

AfterInfinity
Can you understand why all that incomprehensibility would make someone uneasy?

I CAN; its a creator being out of control (autistic) and not willing to explain itself and shennanigans perpetrated as is insane; its actions are that which describe itself to its creations pathological, psychotic, and in so being IS FEARED/HATED and DISTRUSTED.
edit on 26-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Yes I can.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Peace to you, gentle one. All will be well; there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophies.
May solace flow through you amidst the waves of the unfathomable wrack and ruin of the coming days, and leave you at a tranquil place of understanding.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Thank you... At least I am over the screaming crying hyperventilating thing... I am sitting here to allow Nenothtu to sleep some...

He is real tired... A couple hours before she died he heard her... he said she came and spoke with him... said to him "daddy.. Daddy you need to take better care of yourself. You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of mama... she needs you now..."

He was confused and crying... he did not realize she had been calling him daddy when she spoke of him lately....

and he thought he must be crazy, but I told him he wasnt, that it was her talking to him... because that is exactly like her, just how she speaks and thinks...

So I called her, I am across the country and couldn't get to her as fast as she died... and so I called her and even though she was not lucid or awake I asked them to put the phone to her ear so I could speak to her on the off chance she could hear me...

And I told her I loved her, and I told her I was alright, and that Gene was taking care of me, and that she could go because God was calling her now....

and she died a short time later...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

so I called her and even though she was not lucid or awake I asked them to put the phone to her ear so I could speak to her on the off chance she could hear me...
She could hear you. It isn't an "off chance" - it's a surety.

And I told her I loved her, and I told her I was alright, and that Gene was taking care of me, and that she could go because God was calling her now....

and she died a short time later...
That was the perfect thing to do. Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss and your pain. Give neno a hug, and think of me in the group; your daughter is safe, your daughter IS HOME. God bless you all.

Pay attention in the next few hours and days, watch for little signs that she's not "gone" - my dad sent signals after he died. My mom had given me his favorite watch, which didn't run any more, and had no battery. I was wearing it for the next several days. The second day after he died, I looked at it, having memorized the time it read when Mom gave it to me; and it had moved. Ten seconds. I KNOW it was my dad. He also frequents my dreams several times a month.

All is not lost; merely changed in form. I'm so sorry for your grief, both of you.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

ok... I will watch for signals. I cannot remember the days after my father died so I will never know if he sent me any... but I will try to remember and watch for them...

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hmmmm,

You can't see god, understand them, can't hear them, can't touch them, have any awareness of them, find traces of them, have evidence of any cause or effect from their actions...but is real?
This sounds SO familiar but WHERE have I heard something like this before?
Oh, YES...whenever I hear children talking about their imaginary friends!
You want to convince anyone that something exists and is real, you need to prove it with evidence and not "pink & fuzzy" sentiment.
If your entire belief structure is based upon the unprovable, then you are living in a false dichotomy.
Faith based ideologies are toxic & poisonous to the human condition.
The medical data on this does not lie.
The comfort religion "provides" is nothing more than a psychosomatic reaction and humans can lie to themselves just fine without any help from this figmentary representation of truth.
All flourid prose aside, all you have done is string together religious/spiritual trigger words and phrases which are specifically chosen to give the illusion of wisdom (in the total absence of facts and evidence) and strike an emotional chord amongst those less inclined to accept the true nature of human existance.
If religious people are so convinced there is a god...and that he has a plan...and that this god can do NO WRONG...then why mourn when someone they care about dies?
According to religious faith, a good person dying should be cause for celebration...they are finally in the "big leagues" aren't they? Free of suffering and pain...in the arms of their loving and benevolent master. So why all the sadness? It should be cause for rejoicing, no?
No.
This is because even though the religious profess undying loyalty to this mindset, something in the core of the human brain says: "This is full of crap." and it CAN'T mask that from bubbling to the surface of human awareness. Thusly even the most devout of Christians has their emotions betray the fraud of their misplaced faith when someone they care about is lost.
I am sure someone will come along in a moment to try and correct me but without proof...their arguement is nothing but a strawman fallacy backed up by personal ascertion.
If this comes across as harsh, I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do about that.
The truth stops being the truth if it must censor itself for the sensibilities of others.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

logical7
Don't you think these points are worth examining by yourself before believing a tall claim of someone being god? When you are so skeptical and critical of a claim of prophethood by Muhammad pbuh which in comparison is much more easily acceptable.

- It's not a 'tall claim' coming from Jesus. He backed it up with miracles such as raising people from the dead and raising himself from the dead. His life was of peace, his teachings were profound, and his death was one that was for us.

- Muhammads claim of visions from God is not acceptable at all. He is just one of many who falsely claimed it. He backed up his claims with NOTHING except mass murder and theft. And his words were easily debunked. (The Qu'ran is full of errors.) It's obvious he was sex obsessed. He sounds a lot like modern TV Evangelist shysters .. if they had a hoard of armed followers that is.

edit on 10/27/2013 by FlyersFan because: Spelled Muhammad wrong

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

All flourid prose aside, all you have done is string together religious/spiritual trigger words and phrases which are specifically chosen to give the illusion of wisdom (in the total absence of facts and evidence) and strike an emotional chord amongst those less inclined to accept the true nature of human existance.

I'm not sure who you're talking to, here, Eryiedes. Have you ever lost a loved family member to death? The emotions experienced are indescribable; rather like when one has a baby - it can't be explained, it must be experienced in order to understand.

Whether or not there is anything beyond Earth, we are a fragile bunch. The world is a frightening place, and we need one another. So, when unpleasant things like death face us, it is usually without "tools" and "skills" already in place. The words we string together and the phrases we can come up with are a part of our Divine nature reaching out to one another.

I don't feel shame for sharing spiritual thoughts with someone who is suffering. I've been there, too.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

FlyersFan
He sounds a lot like modern TV Evangelist shysters .. if they had a hoard of armed followers that is.

I'm basically right there with ya except name me ONE religion that DOESN'T have a horde of armed followers.
Islam?
Armed to the teeth.
Judaism?
Armed to the teeth with nukes their not even supposed to legally have.
Christianity?
DEFINITELY armed to the teeth with WMD's across EVERY spectrum.
Hinduism?
Known for hand building AK-47's just to buy groceries.
Mormonism?
Armed to the teeth and THEN some...which I guess is a must if you intend to compete with Mexican drug cartels.
Scientology?
Even THESE clowns are armed to the teeth. Tom Cruise alone probably has more guns than some small Ukranian villages.
To be honest...I can't think of one religion major WITHOUT a horde of armed followers.
Anyone?

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

wildtimes
I'm not sure who you're talking to, here, Eryiedes. Have you ever lost a loved family member to death? The emotions experienced are indescribable; rather like when one has a baby - it can't be explained, it must be experienced in order to understand.

I have been to 9 funerals for family and 5 for friends...so the answer to that would be yes. I cried only once.
Emotions are nothing more than electrical impulses and chemical precursors. They can be manipulated by remote triggering through the EM spectrum, directly with electricity or even internally with something as simple as chocolate (as is the case with love). There's nothing mysterious about them...at least from where I am standing.

Whether or not there is anything beyond Earth, we are a fragile bunch. The world is a frightening place, and we need one another. So, when unpleasant things like death face us, it is usually without "tools" and "skills" already in place. The words we string together and the phrases we can come up with are a part of our Divine nature reaching out to one another.

I fail to see what divinity you refer to in our varied systems of communication.
Language is just words.
Words are just sounds that we ascribed meaning to by using the pavlovian method.
We just made it all up.
Nothing "divine" about that.

I don't feel shame for sharing spiritual thoughts with someone who is suffering. I've been there, too.

I'm not claiming there should be shame attached to it.
I am saying it's simply emotional solace and that for me is an empty cup.
Emotions can be the source of addiction just as easily as drugs and gambling but emotional addiction is a bit more insidious as it requires no money or effort to become enslaved to.
Emotions are how hollywood manipulates it's adoring fans.
Emotions are how parents manipulate children.
Emotions are how the government manipulates the voters.
And emotions are also how religion control the faithful.
Thusly I am ever wary of them.

-Peace be with you-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I am saying it's simply emotional solace and that for me is an empty cup.

All I can say to that is: I am glad I am a woman. I would not have missed the highs and lows of 'emotions' for the world.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Perhaps you are addicted to emotions or the feeling emotional states invoke...I can't say...I'm not in your shoes.
I am not saying emotions are bad but ANYTHING in too "high doses" can be bad for you even when beneficial in small doses. (i.e.: potassium iodine, sunlight, food or even oxygen)
I just refuse to put myself in most situations where emotions can cloud judgement and reasoning.
Someone who is emotional doesn't think...they react...and as this thread has established, THAT is as dangerous as it gets.
I am not emotionless and pocess empathy just as any other person does...but I temper it with logic first.
Most of the pitfalls of society can be avoided with awareness of ones environment, even when the problem seems "invisible".

-Amitaba-

edit on 27-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Eryiedes
To be honest...I can't think of one religion major WITHOUT a horde of armed followers.

The difference ....
Christians who are armed. The religion isn't the reason for them being armed.
This isn't the crusades. If someone is in the US army and armed ... they aren't in
a 'Christian Army' .. they are in the US Army with people of other religions and
they aren't fighting to push Christianity on others ...

Jesus followers weren't armed hordes. His unarmed apostles died for the faith ...
Muhammads followers were armed hordes who did the killing in the name of their religion.

The crusades ... hundreds and hundreds of years ago ... that's another story.
Christianity went' through a period of crusade. But it's not how it started and it's
not where it is now. It's evolved.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join