It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

trust and believe when I go through all that you will be the first person I call! I'll be like HELP!!!...lol

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Being a christian and going out and killing for your own reasons or other reasons is VERY different then being in a christian group and killing in the name of Christianity. That's two very different things.

You see it as different...I see it as splitting hairs.

I never put it on a pedestal. You are exaggerating. I said it's evolved further than Islam.
That being said I WILL put Jesus up on a pedestal over Muhammad. As the examples I gave on the previous page show - there is a night and day difference between them.

Yup, that's what I thought.
I'm sorry...you are comparing two imaginary people and acting like the crimes of one ficticious person are better or worse than those of another ficticious person.
If you want to pretend one is better than the other I won't stop you...but PLEASE...at LEAST tell me you see the folly in drawing such comparisons?

"Han Solo is better than Jack Sparrow!!!"

Seriously?

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

(I"m amazed at how much emphasis some folks put on sex ... wow ... )

I'm not. Men....will be men!!! Thank heavens, I'd hate life without them...but yeah, we are different "creatures". And women who are still fertile....I don't begrudge them the gifts of corporal joys.

(You're right. Time for another thread -- on this topic.

You wanna start it? Or should I? )

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

You are free to do and say and feel however you wish.
You want to laugh...then laugh.
You want to cry...then cry.
You want to scream...then scream.
It only becomes a problem if you let it cloud your judgement.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Saying "How Christian of you" wasn't implying you were Christian.
It implied you have more in common with them than you are prepared to admit.
Sorry for being unclear.

You must be unfamiliar with my work here in the forums. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to rectify that, if you so desire.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

What's the point? You can't make babies in the afterlife. And you won't have an organic body
to get all hot and bothered with and/or over. Wouldn't you rather be free from all the
mundane organic ball & chain stuff and evolve into something more spiritual and free?

This is not a discussion I am having with you. Neither of us is budging, so let us return to the topic, yes?

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

First, my daughter had a life of pain, from the beginning to the end.. and that was my fault... I failed as a parent..

YOU DID NOT FAIL HER! You mothered her. There is no such thing as a "perfect mother." THAT is a myth. The two of you were bound, and loved one another. She has two beautiful kids, and sadly she became ill prematurely.

I wish I could give you the gift my mother has given me: DON'T BELITTLE YOURSELF. You failed NO ONE.

Cry as much as you want. I've been crying all day myself, off and on, remembering my dad, and thinking about how close I came to losing my son (who will be 23 in February). PLEASE, don't beat yourself up. Feel what you feel, let it wash through you. Tears are healing. So is laughter. (So is sex... I guess
)

Cry whenever the mood hits you, but PLEASE don't hold yourself in judgment. You are fine, you are YOU!, and that's all that matters, and it's all that mattered as you mothered her. What a gift she had for a mother....for you being YOU. Loving, laughing, crying, raging, bewildered...whatever. It's all okay.

And you know what? I feel her here with you now.

Blessings.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Eryiedes
you are comparing two imaginary people

You are free to think they are imaginary. However, I think it's well documented enough that they both did indeed live on Earth. Now if you want to talk imaginary .. we can talk about Adam and Eve ... or maybe even Abraham . Otherwise .. I think you and I are done with the discussion.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to rectify that, if you so desire.

Don't be so sure about that.
None of us know how much time we have left.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I do have a question though .... I thought you were atheist, right? Or did I get that wrong?
If you are atheist, then there wouldn't be an afterlife body to have sex with, right?
Or do you think the afterlife does happen?? I'm confused. Just want to clarify.
Thanks.

Maybe we should all have a thread about sex in the afterlife. ha ha ... fun.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I do have a question though .... I thought you were atheist, right? Or did I get that wrong?
If you are atheist, then there wouldn't be an afterlife body to have sex with, right?
Or do you think the afterlife does happen?? I'm confused. Just want to clarify.
Thanks.

Sex is important no matter where you are. Sex is a critical emotional process.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sex is important no matter where you are. Sex is a critical emotional process.

Okay, then....YOU drew the short straw -- so YOU start the new thread!!
You haven't made one in a while. I'll be watching.... and contributing.

Should be a great one!!

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Physical Enjoyment in the Afterlife
OKAY .. so we can get this thread back on topic ... I started this thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Don't be so sure about that.
None of us know how much time we have left.

Okay, you are officially, in my mind, an "ENIGMA."

Are you a fatalist? Hopeless? Oh well, I guess we'll figure it out as we all go along on this ride.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!

Okay....now, where were we???

Oh right.. being uncomfy with thinking or discovering one's faith is unfounded.

I have a question for OpB:
Have you read much about NDEs? I think they are VERY helpful in dealing with grief. Your daughter is in the arms of ethereal love. Don't doubt it.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I dont need to read about them. I have had one. And yes, I know where she is, and it is a place more beautiful than our wildest imaginings.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would really enjoy hearing your story; and I'm sure others here would, also.
Pbuy. (Hope that's not too lame. You know I'm not a Muslim. I'm capable of love all the same.
)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

FlyersFan
You are free to think they are imaginary. However, I think it's well documented enough that they both did indeed live on Earth.

Documented?
What are you talking about?
I can't speak to the 100% validity of Muhammed but Jesus?
There's ONE piece of evidence.
ONE and it doesn't even refer to Jesus.
It refers to "the defendant"...the christos.
It's an ancient Roman legal document.
THAT'S the only proof and if you attempted to make a legal case for that, you'd be laughed out of court before you finished your opening statement.
Because the Vatican claims total sanction over the interpretation of ancient scripture you are trusting the Church to be judge, jury AND advocate...and if that was done to YOU in court of law there's NO WAY you would accept ANY verdict resulting from it.
Everything else is anecdotal evidence and can not be considered any more valid proof of life than the movie "Jesus Christ Superstar" is proof that he wore a bra, dressed like a transvestite and was a good dancer.
You wish to end the discussion that's fine but don't tell me something is proven when we KNOW it isn't.
You are just making ascertions and I believe you to be above that sort of thing.

-Amitaba-
edit on 27-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 27-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

See, you have a LOT more in common with AfterInfinity than you realize yet! You also have good common sense, I can see that. But, new puzzlers are always welcome here.

Nice to meet you.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Nono. I don't think "atheism" automatically eliminates an afterlife. The evidence stands on its own - that ALL people experience (as far as we can tell from NDE research) some sort of afterlife....

no "God" required. But, a loving entity that is there (or not, if one is adrift in uncertainty and has not lived a 'good' life of love, compassion, caring, and social interaction that has contributed to society).....

I think, in the case of AfterI (and he is, of course, encouraged to respond to this post), he is mostly upset with the "Abrahamic" concept of God. That doesn't preclude that there is an afterlife.

AI, am I right??

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join