It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON - is the truth being withheld from us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Physicist Professor James McCanney believes information is being withheld from us about comet ISON.

Would appreciate your opinion on what he has to say in the below video.

Before having a look at the video, the following (taken from the biography section of his website - see link below) will give you a brief idea of his theories:

'Contrary to the traditional belief that the solar system formed all at one time 4.5 billion years ago and has not changed significantly since, Mr. McCanney’s theoretical work essentially stated that the solar system was dynamic and adopting new members on an ongoing basis. He pointed to the planet Venus, the Jovian moon Io, the Saturnian moon Titan and the small planet Pluto (which supports an atmosphere even though it is so distant from the warmth of the Sun and has insufficient gravity to hold an atmosphere for long) as being obvious new members of our solar system. He stated that all this was proof that the way this occurred was by “planetary capture”.

His theoretical work additionally stated that comets were not dirty snowballs, but were large electrical “vacuum cleaners” in outer space. The comets were drawing in vast amounts of material by way of powerful electrical forces and there was potential for very large comets capable of disrupting the planetary structure that was already in place. His innovative theories on plasma physics and a new model for fusion in the solar atmosphere provided the basis for the electric fields and plasma discharge phenomena that have become the core elements of his theoretical models of the true nature of the solar system in which we live.'

taken from: www.jmccanneyscience.com...

Should also mention that he put the below note on his website, where he states that fake youtube videos are being created with misinformation designed to defame him and his work:

'NOTE ... there is a youtube video with clips of my voice from a 2002 radio show taken out of context and others with voices created that sound like me which are being passed around where it sounds like i am saying there is a solar system coming into ours at the present time ... this is a planted misinformation piece meant to defame me and my work ... this activity is being promoted and sponsored through youtube and they refuse to remove it ... this is just one of dozens of misdirected attempts to defame me and my work ... i only post on this page and in my weekly radio show on in interviews with well known hosts of select radio shows ... clearly my success at informing the public about real issues is taking its toll on the established science industry and these cheap shots are the best they can come up with as NASA and the boys crumble under the weight of their own BS ... jim mccanney'

Here is the video:

edit on 9-10-2013 by Aelfrede because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2013 by Aelfrede because: More information provided

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Hiya, the link doesn't work for me, but it may be because you copied the you tube link in full, when you only need the last bit:

I found this out the hard, frustrating way a while ago.....
Will watch it now
Lots to be read on him too, at first glance things do not look promising for him.....
2012hoax.wikidot.com...
edit on 9-10-2013 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: additional info

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

First of all, the YT link doesn´t work. Second, this is a terrible thread. What do you have to say about what he says?

Tell us about the video, give us your opinion, you can´t just start a thread with a broken video link, and dont let us know anything about it other that it is a dude who thinks something. What does he base this on? Where can we read more?

You have to try a little harder to get a good thread going.

Nice of you to expand on the thread dude!

edit on 9-10-2013 by Nettlas because: Nettlas approve

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Evidently he says if you had good equipment you would see 'comet ISON connecting electrically with Mars' (he states this at 8.00 minutes in above video.)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I apologise, I will try again (I clicked on the youtube function and entered full youtube address) will try with the part of the link you mention. Thanks for taking a look :-)

Mufcutcakeyumyum

Hiya, the link doesn't work for me, but it may be because you copied the you tube link in full, when you only need the last bit:

Will watch it now
Lots to be read on him too, at first glance things do not look promising for him.....
2012hoax.wikidot.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

wack job, trying to get the ignorant hysterical.... Spinning the information.. Next time be a little more constructive on your thread. Don't lose sleep over what this guy is saying thou... We have bigger problems on this planet... Even if Ison, was going to blow earth up or whatever their is nothing you can do about it anyway.. I am always prepared anyway for survival since I am in a Hurricane zone, having survival supplies should be something we should all have anyway, but with Ison, there is nothing we can do about it anyway man...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The link to the youtube video in my OP is now corrected.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I found the following on his website (see link below):

'NOTE ... there is a youtube video with clips of my voice from a 2002 radio show taken out of context and others with voices created that sound like me which are being passed around where it sounds like i am saying there is a solar system coming into ours at the present time ... this is a planted misinformation piece meant to defame me and my work ... this activity is being promoted and sponsored through youtube and they refuse to remove it ... this is just one of dozens of misdirected attempts to defame me and my work ... i only post on this page and in my weekly radio show on in interviews with well known hosts of select radio shows ... clearly my success at informing the public about real issues is taking its toll on the established science industry and these cheap shots are the best they can come up with as NASA and the boys crumble under the weight of their own BS ... jim mccanney'

Btw, the video you link to is not the same as the one in my OP

Mufcutcakeyumyum

Will watch it now
2012hoax.wikidot.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
See my last post. It seems there are attempts to discredit him

Bicent76

wack job, trying to get the ignorant hysterical.... Spinning the information.. Next time be a little more constructive on your thread. Don't lose sleep over what this guy is saying thou... We have bigger problems on this planet... Even if Ison, was going to blow earth up or whatever their is nothing you can do about it anyway.. I am always prepared anyway for survival since I am in a Hurricane zone, having survival supplies should be something we should all have anyway, but with Ison, there is nothing we can do about it anyway man...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I'm listening now, thank you for you thread and keeping us informed, its good to know what others are saying about is on.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Aelfrede
Physicist Professor James McCanney

Fail in the first few words.
He's not a physicist, he's not a professor.
Massage therapist who sells loony books and makes all sorts of doomsday claims that never come true. Planet X etc...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Aelfrede
Evidently he says if you had good equipment you would see 'comet ISON connecting electrically with Mars' (he states this at 8.00 minutes in above video.)

Well I have good equipment and I have not seen that at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Thanks for giving it a go :-)

Whateva69

I'm listening now, thank you for you thread and keeping us informed, its good to know what others are saying about is on.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just want to mention that I never started this thread claiming that what he says is definitely accurate. That's why I asked for opinions. So far, I think what he has to say is worth considering.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is taken from the biography on his website:

'James M. McCanney, M.S. received a sound classical physics training at St. Mary’s University, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree with a double major in physics and mathematics in 1970. He was offered full scholarship awards to three major US physics graduate schools to pursue his graduate physics studies. However, he chose instead to postpone graduate studies for a period of three years while he traveled and taught Physics and Mathematics in Spanish in Latin America...

... In 1979 he joined the faculty of Cornell University, Ithaca N.Y. as an introductory instructor in physics. It was during this time that he had access to NASA data returning daily from the Voyager I and II spacecraft as they traveled by the planets Jupiter, Saturn and beyond (as well as data from many other space craft). It was here he recognized that his theoretical work regarding the electro-dynamic nature of the solar system and universe had its signatures in the new data that was streaming in from the edges of the solar system. All standard science continued to look at gravitational explanations for the working of the planets, moons and other objects of the solar system, while Mr. McCanney was applying his electro-dynamic scientific theories, and ventured to say for the first time that comets were not dirty snowballs. His papers were published at first in the standard astrophysical journals, but soon he began to receive resistance from the standard astronomical community and within a short period of time, the journals would no longer publish his theoretical work. Mr. McCanney was removed from his teaching position because of his beliefs regarding the electro-dynamic nature of the solar system.'

If you read his biography at above link, there is no mention of him being a massage therapist. Where did you read that? His biography only mentions his degree study in physics (double major) and maths

alfa1

Aelfrede
Physicist Professor James McCanney

Fail in the first few words.
He's not a physicist, he's not a professor.
Massage therapist who sells loony books and makes all sorts of doomsday claims that never come true. Planet X etc...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So you were able to view it clearly as it flew by Mars?

ngchunter

Aelfrede

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
NASA isn't lying. What this guy says makes some sense, and it is a viable hypothesis but there is no evidence other than reasoning to back it. NASA can't accept it and repeat it without proof. They could actually admit that the possibility is real though about the creation of the solar system but doing so may discredit the science that is now accepted as real. Consensus of the day rules. I am sure that their evidence may be able to be applied to this theory also.

The comet hypothesis this guy has could be partly right. The energy gained could be stored in creation of molecular structure that is created in this process. Otherwise a comet that comes back into the solar system would be running out of tail ability, somehow it is mostly recharging itself like a battery. Present theory does not address this well. I think NASA scientists should look at this theory and use it to repair their present theory. It sort of reminds me of the electric universe theory.

Science evolves, we know nothing much yet of reality. We do think we do though but our reality is a product of consensus of the time. Something that does not fit into our reality is often discounted and never researched properly. People cherish the knowledge they hold and will protect it even though it is flawed. We are all guilty of this, even me. Look at the accepted theories that have recently been blown away once we have acquired a way to test things. What we thought of as reality wasn't. We were misled by the knowledge we held, the evidence backing the theories was not real. I expect that science will soon be getting better because the science field is starting to get used to seeing that what we thought was real really wasn't.

I don't even believe in the misapplications of the laws of thermal dynamics. The law is flawed and anything that does not fit it's parameters is exscluded from applying. The problem with this law is that it fails to recognize the response of living organisms to influences outside the range of what we call heat. The range we have accepted, the range of mercury used in thermometers, is flawed. They have adapted the law to make allowances for stuff like microwaves and UV but have not looked at fixing the law and have just tacked patches on the theory to try to fix it, which complicates it and unless you know all the patches that have been added makes misinterpretations possible on a wide scale. As an example, the heat given off by a cast iron stove is warmer than the heat given off by a steel stove. The reason is because at the same temperature the frequency of the cast iron interacts with our bodies better and makes us feel warmer. This is different than the radiant heat theory, but radiant heat interaction with the cells is part of this. You have to look at the whole picture when looking at things too. I can go on and on about this subject but will say I do get frustrated when talking about it to people with degrees in physics because they keep stating what they know and don't open their minds to new discoveries. Talk about knowledge held being a limiting factor on new discoveries.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The electrical nature of the universe we live in is a new concept, which recieves resistance from mainstream science at many junctures.....
Like the prophets , we just need to keep track of his predictions to judge the veracity of his work.....
Personally , i believe he may have some basis for his musings....s

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Aelfrede
So you were able to view it clearly as it flew by Mars?

ngchunter

Aelfrede

Yes.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Has anyone verified this gentleman's credentials ? Someone brought them into question. So is he or isn't he a physicist or professor either or neither. ???

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join