It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet ISON - is the truth being withheld from us?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What, in your opinion, is the evidence?

Tucket
reply to post by thruthseek3r

I must apologize. I have been reading up on this subject. You may not have to call marduk. There is evidence.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

alfa1

Aelfrede
Physicist Professor James McCanney

Fail in the first few words.
He's not a physicist, he's not a professor.
Massage therapist who sells loony books and makes all sorts of doomsday claims that never come true. Planet X etc...

Is this not him then? Confused.
James McCanney

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

I'm only referring to the Venus is a comet theory. McCanney and other supporters of the comet theory use ancient history of civilizations like the Maya, along with their scientific theories to help prove their point. How these civilizations interpretated what they seen in the sky and the symbolotry involved is compelling, in my opinion. www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

AndyMayhew

thruthseek3r

Then this too is interesting:

"C/2012 S1 (ISON) … this comet will be important and comes at a time when the new world order is trying to keep the lid on celestial issues."

This definitely fits well the time frame considering the shutdown and close of NASA.

Although, the current Comet Lovejoy fits even better
But that's not expected to be naked eye visible ....

www.universetoday.com...

the point is: what makes ISON so special compared with all the other comets that pass through the inner solar system every year?

edit on 9-10-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

Mmh, that is a very great question indeed what is so special with this comet and on this one I can only speculate. What we must be aware take caution though is to make the difference between prophecies and predictions. Some people out there link the passing of comets and/or celestial objects with terrible claims about what is happen the future, I see it as a prophecy and a prediction as well.

A prediction in itself is not necessarily a prophecy and could be i.e. predicting the comet ISON would turn green when it passed near mars and that it would cause a big solar spike in one of the graphics (which chart, somebody will have to clarify this one as I am unsure about it).

I think you can see the difference between the two, the first one being a prophecy (i.e. Nostradamus and his quatrains) normally revolves around the occult and divination, supernatural ways of getting information about the future.

The second one involves to use of knowledge provable by facts currently in the known of science which is not of the occult.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

edit on 10-10-2013 by thruthseek3r because: Answer for my question was answered in a later post

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

the point is: what makes ISON so special compared with all the other comets that pass through the inner solar system every year?

Mmh, that is a very great question indeed what is so special with this comet

It is the first non-periodic sun-grazing comet in many centuries. Usually, sun-grazing comets are only spotted a few days before they slingshot around (or dive into) the Sun; however this particular comet has been spotted way out, giving us time to study it in great detail. It is also hoped to become a Great Comet. And, lastly, there comes a time when the astronomers put out an initiative that gets more people involved in observing and studying a comet, in hopes to learn more about comets, and to increase the awareness. I don't see how this is a bad thing, in fact it's a very good thing. ISON is a perfect candidate for such initiative.
edit on 10-10-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Mmh, that is a very great question indeed what is so special with this comet

Also (to add to what 'wildespace' said, although he touched on it with his "Great Comet" comment) comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) was, and maybe still is, thought to be possibly be one of the brightest comets is many, many years.

The estimates of its potential brightness may be ultimately be reduced a bit, but when it was first discovered, it was thought that it would be brighter than a full moon, and be able to be seen in daylight.

THAT'S the main reason why all the commotion was made about ISON.

edit on 10/10/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Link.
I think you will find better info at the site linked above. He is very controversial and just another fraud playing on peoples fears to make money in my opinion.

Follow the money I say. He sells survival stuff and pushes end of the world stuff to scare people. Someone may correct me, but I don't think he has ever been right or rational.

edit on 10/10/2013 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Comet ISON - is the truth being withheld from us?

Substitute the name ISON with Elenin......and you have your answer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join