It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Business, Guns, Oil and Drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I ran across this excerpt from the movie The Veteran, a movie which I was unaware of and will watch tonight. This tiny bit says so much though imo, and makes sense, although heinous it may be.

The organizing principle of any society is fro war. The basic authority of a modern state over it's people, resides in it's war power. Today it's oil, tomorrow water. It's what we like to called the god business, guns oil and drugs. But there's a problem, our way of life, it's over. It's unsustainable and in rapid decline. that's why we implement/demand it's destruction. We continue to make money while the world burns. But for this to work, the people have to remain ignorant of the problem until it's too late. That's why we have triggers in place, 911, 77 wmds…A population in a permanent state of fear does not ask questions. Our desire for war becomes it's desire, a willing sacrifice, you see? Fear is justification, fear is control, fear is money…..

Do you think this is accurate, and do you think this mentality is exercised and expected? I know it is a reality, but I wonder if this is a genuine practiced attribute from those in power, almost as if it is a creed?
Problem reaction solution paradigm, so effective...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Do you think this is accurate, and do you think this mentality is exercised and expected? I know it is a reality, but I wonder if this is a genuine practiced attribute from those in power, almost as if it is a creed?
Problem reaction solution paradigm, so effective...

Well, consider how many years there've been with no war. With no threats. With security unneeded.

Then consider all the arbitrary wars, political wars, which never should have, or really needed to happen... Yugoslavia, The Opium Wars, Iraq part deux, nearly every African conflict... etc

Ask yourself if there was no patriot act, you would wake up tomorrow, without Makboub Jabalaya Bambam aiming an RPG into your living room....?
edit on 8-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ETA: I understand now, had to reread your comment. I have trouble detecting sarcasm sometimes.
I just wonder if this mentality is consciously upheld my the majority of the worlds leaders, in an official capacity.
edit on 8-10-2013 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It's spot on. The reason people allow this nonsense to continue is simply because they want it to, as much as they say (or even believe) they don't. They want, nay demand the "luxuries" afforded them by industrial civilization, while either oblivious of, indifferent toward, or actively engaged in the destructive processes making it all possible.

Small children throw tantrums when you take away their toys. Our society reacts the same way, but our toys are SUVs and our tantrums are driven by rocket propulsion and tipped with depleted uranium. Overgrown brats punching holes in the walls until the house collapses.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

Yea our distractions, both chosen and served, seem to keep people from being aware of these type of extreme modalities that affect our lives, much less being able t fight it. Capitalism has been the best vehicle to move us forward, but at the same time, the drive for profits, beyond viability further fortify the strength and reach of the negative factors that arise from these particular industries. Now we add political madness to the mix and, man we have a long way to go(grow).

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist
reply to post by NthOther

Yea our distractions, both chosen and served, seem to keep people from being aware of these type of extreme modalities that affect our lives, much less being able t fight it. Capitalism has been the best vehicle to move us forward, but at the same time, the drive for profits, beyond viability further fortify the strength and reach of the negative factors that arise from these particular industries. Now we add political madness to the mix and, man we have a long way to go(grow).

I really hope you don't think they are mutually exclusive to each other. War is just a means to an end to those in power. If you gave Americans a choice that if they gave up their suvs there would be world peace i think you would be surprised to the results. The problem is the one percent will not let it happen. Why do you think we don't have free energy already. Greed, the one percent don't want it to happen.

In fact they do everything in their power, including kill, to keep control. They can't let it happen. Free energy is the tipping point for them. They would lose control. It may still happen but it is why you are seeing them moving all over the world to control the water. It will or is going to be the most expensive commodity in the world. Dams that are not needed for energy are being built, why. Some countries are literally dieing of thirst today because other countries control the water.

Water is precious and will be worth more than gold, why because despite what happens when you turn on your tap it is a finite resource and one that we Can Not live without. It is why war was created, to control a resource we can't live without. We can create it from sea water but at present it is too expensive to be viable unless that is the way they want it.

We can change this world but it would require great sacrifice, millions of the 99% would die because in order for that change to happen we would have to take the power from the one percent and they will not go lightly intot he sunset lol.

This I doubt the people would do. Lol

The Bot

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Hey dlbott! No I do not think they are mutually exclusive, by any means and O agree greed and control are the key issues here, sprinkled with absurd profit margins in many cases.
I do feel that we will see free energy in our lifetime(in a speculatively optimistically sense), and I believe there are those in power that realize this and some that embrace it. The process will be long and I just want to feel that this process is at least unfolding, even ever so slowly.

top topics

join