It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who started attacking christianity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
dr

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by apw100

Originally posted by dr

They did not have hippies in Jesus day to interpet it this way. They had the terms that they knew. This term was used in the way I proved it was used.

You never proved that it was used as you claim it was. You have provided no evidence at all.

There was no concept of a hippie pacifist in Jesus day.

Of course there was. Pacifism is an ancient concept. The word "pacifist" is based on the Roman word "pac", meaning "peace". And we have already talked about the greek word for pacifist...

Jesus did not have to say he flooed the world. The Bible says He did. Jesus is God remember?.

Technically, Jesus never claimed that he was God, only that he was the son of God. It wasnt until long after his death that the concept of the Holy Trinity came into existence.

Look in Revelation for Jesus with the weapon in His hand and the blood! And who is the Judge that sends people to hell? Is this not Jesus? Gahndi wold never do that!.

The book of Revelation has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. They were written after his death, most likely by someone who never knew him, and were completely unrelated to him

www.religioustolerance.org...

Jesus is not a pacifist, obviously.

No, Jesus was most obviously a pacifist.

[edit on 15-11-2004 by apw100]

I provided much proof. You provided some for me too in the ISBE. The term was Greek as I and the ISBE proved. The term meant peace the Roman way, Pax Romana as you just now agreed to. I showed you a coin that showed the Roman Idea of peace through strength. Case closed!

dr

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by dr

Christianity is not pasifistic. Jesus said that war for the sake of peace is good.

Not to keep quoting you but these are your words did you forget already?

. Jesus was fully God and fully human. And thats how they are different

[edit on 15-11-2004 by ShadowXIX]

That is diferent than what you said I said. War is the last resort in the Roman Idea of peacemaking. This is the idea Jesus preached on.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
There are several occasions where God has become angry, so He is human?

Of course God is not human, I could argue that God is beyond such human emotions as anger. So really God didnt get angry he was just carrying out his plans. Something had to be done and he did it. If humans percieve his actions as those of anger it does not mean he was infact angry if he already knew what was going to happen how could he get angry when it did.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr
I provided much proof. You provided some for me too in the ISBE. The term was Greek as I and the ISBE proved. The term meant peace the Roman way, Pax Romana as you just now agreed to. I showed you a coin that showed the Roman Idea of peace through strength. Case closed!

What are you talking about?! You consider a coin with no context "proof"? Also, "pax romana" is not translated "peace through strength", it means "Roman Peace". Besides, what does "Pax Romana" have anything to do with Jesus, or this discussion?
You are completely cluesless as to the translations and/or meanings of these Greek and Latin phrases. Case closed!

[edit on 15-11-2004 by apw100]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Who started attacking christianity?

[edit on 14-11-2004 by Thinker]

Not sure but I am sure it was a case of 'self-defense" ...

~peace

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
"Technically, Jesus never claimed that he was God, only that he was the son of God."

Where did he say that?

I have only read Jesus claim to be the 'son of MAN" ,,,

He rebukes 'god' countless times by the way ....

" you have NEVER known my father" ... ring a bell?

The folks he was directing that comment at knew 'god' quite well ....

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
By the way, Thinker, the answer to the question is.....Satan!
He started attacking it long before anyone else.
Remember, the reason we aren't resigned to Satans fate for the same thing Satan did is that Christ died for us. Christ died for us, but because of Satan. So, Satan attacked Christianity first.

By the way.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You guyz lol Its not hard to understand....its kind of sad how your trying to change the whole meaning of his teachings by zooming into one word tho....I know some of you guyz might get mad at the fact that Jesus didn't want us to Murder, whether in war or not.

On Earth Jesus wanted to show everyone that he loved them and that everything would be fine as long as they beleaved in his word and worked at becoming a better person. Jesus never wants to resort to violence he would rather use words. Of course he got mad when people were selling in the temple. My opinion is that he knew they would not listen to him.

www.pastornet.net.au...

"14 For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; 15 but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

Jesus wants us to love our neighbors, that includes enemies, and he does not want us to get vengance because he will give it so that we do not have to. That is why he wants us to forgive those who do wrong to us. Because by forgiving them we can be forgiven. But if the one who does harm to us does not forgive his enemies then he will recieve the blade....Christians are meant to fight evil with good, not evil with evil, as those who do not forgive there enemies do.

and tell me. In war are not the people on both sides human? Do they not all have individual lives? Who are we to "judge" them "ALL" bad or "ALL" good?.....There is only one Judge and "we" are not him.

37 �Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; 38 give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back.�

and dr by taking out that word mixing it up you do realize you are trying to say that our Lord is a hypocrite right? your saying that the one who told us to turn the other cheek also said it was ok to slap his cheek....as long as "we" felt(Judged) it was the right thing to do? also tell me what War has led to peace?....peace for a short time maybe...but that is not the kind of peace that is coming

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join