It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father disowns daughter in epic letter when she kicks out her gay son

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Spiramirabilis
reply to post by DonVoigt

I did misunderstand - sorry - but wasn't meaning to argue anyhow :-)

Turns out it's real - funny - I was wondering about that last night before you brought it up

PR - I'd like to apologize for that too - but, only because people hear something negative when we use that term

It is PR though. True or not, whether we like it or not - and amen to that

The more of these stories that get circulated, the more discussions or out and out brawls we have as a community and as a culture - the faster people change the way they think and then how they behave towards each other

So, here's my contribution to the PR machine:

Ole Miss football players shout homophobic slurs during “Laramie Project” performance

Nearly 15 years, almost to the day, after Matthew Shepard was beaten, tortured and abandoned to die while tied to a fence in Laramie, Wyo., a group of football players from the University of Mississippi attended a performance of “The Laramie Project” and shouted “fag” and other homophobic slurs at the student performers retelling the events surrounding Shepard’s tragic death.

I'm afraid these are the sorts of stories that make the OP's story so necessary and so important

And all they had to do was apologise?! They should have been kicked off their course or had their credits cancelled. Imbeciles.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

I don't know what to say - honestly

I remember the story of Matthew Shepard when it happened, as it happened. I keep thinking how far we've come

Then I read a story like this

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

LadyLurker
im not sure how id feel about one of my children coming home and telling me they were gay but i hope and pray that dosnt happen im against it 100 percent but it might change if that were to happen i couldnt see disowning my child

I'm with you, Lurker.

I don't want my child to be gay/lesbian, at all, But i wouldn't dare kick them out. The did the completely wrong thing here. I would be fuming if my kid disowned my grandchild for this.

They were honest and upfront about it, and i would still love them unconditionally. The only thing i would tell them is that i don't accept it, and neither does God. You were born a male/female, and the natural order of all creation is that the opposite sexes attract, and maybe procreate.

Disowning is appropriate when the kid repeatedly f's up and causes problems for no reason.
edit on 4-10-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

alfa1

Not sure how I'd feel about a private letter to a family member, about private family issues, being made worldwide public by an advocacy group.

Think I'd pretty much hate it.

Agreed.

It seems nowadays, everyone must air their frigging business out in public for everyone to see.

It's quite irritating.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Christian Voice
It is no secret on here how I feel about homosexuality. My mother in law(who is insanely liberal minded) asked me one time what I would if my son told me he was gay. My response was this:

I would have a talk with him and make sure he knows where his Mother and I stand on the topic as well as God's position. Yes God is very clear on his stance of homosexuality despite all of the perverting of the Bible that some homosexuals on here try and do. I would reiterate how much I Love him and he is always welcome in my home however he would not bring that into our home. What he does in the privacy of his own home when he does move out is his business but he will not bring it into our home. OUR HOME, OUR RULES.
With that said I don't see that happening though. He is being raised in a Loving Christian home with both parents who show each other Love every single day. He does not ever have to wonder if his parents Love each other and does not have to wonder if we Love him. He is not bombarded constantly by sexual crap on TV as we rarely watch TV and if we do it is very family friendly programming. He is not bombarded by the perverse entertainment industry at all as we monitor very closely what he watches. Everytime you turn on the idiot box or put a movie in the gay agenda is shoved down our dang throats. So we rarely watch tv and are very selective on our movies. We also are very careful of those he surrounds himself with. (You are who you associate with),,, lie with dogs and come up with fleas.
Now, LET THE CHRISTIAN BASHING BEGIN.......

No Christian bashing here, just christian hugging...or whatever the opposite of bashing would be

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I'm not sure what you meant by " turns out its real" , but if you meant the letter, in th op was real I disagree there, I'm leaning towards yossarians perspective, hope I spelled that right, that there are too many indicators of this letter being fake, for example paper not being folded, how did they get the letter back from the daughter, a person dealing with an emotionally charged family situation its not going to photograph a letter and say oh let's post this on facebook before we mail it out, I don't think a grandfather would use graph paper, an art student or a math student might but probably not , there's just to many indicators leaning toward fake. And a discussion its like a relationship in the respect that no matter how strong your argument everything after the lie is tainted by the lie.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

They were honest and upfront about it, and i would still love them unconditionally. The only thing i would tell them is that i don't accept it, and neither does God. You were born a male/female, and the natural order of all creation is that the opposite sexes attract, and maybe procreate.

Oh, and is your car natural? Your computer? Your cell phone? The office you work at, is it a tree? Or is it a steel-and-glass contraption filled to bursting with technology that didn't just grow?

I smell hypocrisy. If you want to push the "it ain't natural" button, I'm sure some Amish live in your area and would be happy to demonstrate just how unnatural your lifestyle is.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your family has not held Christianity sacred if they believe that God is pro gay. Hate to burst that bubble. Sorry to say this too, if your oldest son is gay then I'd seriously question his home life when he was growing up.

If you base your entire moral outlook on the whims and preferences of a fictional character, people may question yours.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thank you very much for that. It is typical on here because of my screen name that homosexuals and atheists come out of the woodwork to debate me. They get downright hateful about it as well. Constantly spouting out names like hate mongur (whatever that is), bigot, idiot, hater, evil (of all things). Mommy and Daddy have gone out of town and left the children alone and the children are talking themselves and each other into some serious sins.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

You judge and deride a lot of people simply because they sin differently than you do. That's fair, huh?

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

God did not create his car, man did. However God did create man. He gave specific parts to man and specific parts to woman and the parts match each other. Man's parts do not match another man's parts nor a woman's match a woman's. If he used his car for a submarine then that would be against the car's purpose. Man with man is against our purpose.
What is the NATURAL result of the male orgasm ? Sperm is released. That is the NATURAL purpose of the male orgasm. What is the only NATURAL purpose of sperm ? To fertilize an egg (only produced by females). Now given these things we can conclude that the only NATURAL purpose for the male orgasm is to release sperm and fertilize an egg. Now if a one man can put his thing anywhere in another man and fertilize an egg I will kiss your butt.
This is why we call it unnatural!!!
What do two women do when they have sex with each other ? Use a fake penis and emulate heterosexual sex. Same with men, they emulate heterosexual sex. You would figure somewhere along the way one would realize "Hey, I'm just pretending this other guy is a girl when I have sex with him"

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So..by your logic, if the mother of this person ever used birth control, they are just as much of an abomination as the child..ok.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I haven't judged one single person on here. I have however discerned right from wrong. I do sin and I ask God for forgiveness. The difference between me and most on here is I'm not trying to make others accept my sins. More to the point I'm not trying to convince myself that I'm not sinning. I take responsibility for my own actions.

You and several others on here have judged me though. I see that as some major hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

I have never approved of birth control. It is as unnatural as the homosexuals. That is my belief, go ahead and judge me for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfootgurl

Prove to me that God is fictional, that he does not exist. You can't but I can come much closer to proving he does exist than you can disprove it.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Prove to me that God is fictional, that he does not exist. You can't but I can come much closer to proving he does exist than you can disprove it.

Lack of proof, is not proof.

Faith is not proof of anything, it's actually the opposite. You CHOOSE to believe in something without any actual proof because you have faith.

Faith & Proof, are NOT nor have they EVER been the same.

Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence.

That responsibility falls on you.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I will, thank you very much. I am a Christian and my wife takes it for medical reasons. God made someone who made this drug that helped my wife live a better and healthier life. Very high and mighty for someone that follows the teaching of Jesus. I really doubt he would say, "I'm sorry you're in pain but I can't let you take birth control because it's unnatural." God made us all, he is the one to judge, not you.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Christian Voice

God did not create his car, man did. However God did create man. He gave specific parts to man and specific parts to woman and the parts match each other. Man's parts do not match another man's parts nor a woman's match a woman's. If he used his car for a submarine then that would be against the car's purpose. Man with man is against our purpose.
What is the NATURAL result of the male orgasm ? Sperm is released. That is the NATURAL purpose of the male orgasm. What is the only NATURAL purpose of sperm ? To fertilize an egg (only produced by females).

*clapping hands* thank you for human anatomy 101 and Sex Ed 101.

Now that we have established the order of things we can all go back to being God fearing heterosexuals.....

Just because you are capable of putting together a paragraph doesn't mean you're capable of denying ignorance.

You even acknowledge that we have a "vehicle" but refuse to acknowledge that said vehicle could've been wired by a nearsighted lazy eye God.....

But that can't be right? God is infallible and wouldn't create a less than perfect vehicle right? Oh yeah and schizophrenia, Down syndrome are all punishments from God for being a disbeliever.

You know, just to add, my neighbor says something often and more and more i see just how correct he is.

He says "I can tolerate dumb because dumb people are capable of learning. So you can simply teach them. I can't stand stupid because a stupid is as stupid does."

No #.
edit on 4-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Christian Voice

Thank you very much for that. It is typical on here because of my screen name that homosexuals and atheists come out of the woodwork to debate me. They get downright hateful about it as well. Constantly spouting out names like hate mongur (whatever that is), bigot, idiot, hater, evil (of all things). Mommy and Daddy have gone out of town and left the children alone and the children are talking themselves and each other into some serious sins.

I don't think its just atheists and homosexuals there Voice of Hate. I'm neither and ........well ill keep any further comments to myself, I think you get the point.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Dont think God gives a damn if billy likes bob... he's got this unimaginably huge thing called the universe to look after. So the question then begs asking, who did the rule writing for him here on earth? I just dont see how he'd even care about something so trivial when humanity is doing far worse things to each other than two people of the same gender loving each other.

Doesnt matter if there is or isnt really, but its amazing how people will take things one way or the other simply to justify their own opinions on a matter.

And for that matter, wasnt the new testament supposed to be a replacement for the old... its far more liberal and forgiving in these sorts of things and it was dictated by the supposed son of god himself. Any christian who keeps trawling in the old testament for justification seem to not realize this, leave the vengeful god of old testament where they are, your supposed to use the new testament over it.

That is after all why its called the 'New' testament.

Me personally, while I find some of the forwardness and actions of gay people annoying, I have no issue with them or any other orientation... hell humans are far from the only ones that do it, if anything where kinda bland in our perversions compared to alot of fellow animal life.

I always look at it this way, its natures way of slowing down a population growth. If they want to or feel they have to give up the 'natural' order then so be it, it takes the strain of the planet a little.
edit on 4-10-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join