It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood, the NWO Spokesman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Whenever I watch Hollywood films these days, I always keep in mind "what is the NWO trying to indoctrinate us in now?" Someone once described MTV and Hollywood as the greatest and most successful mind control experiment of our time. Communist leaders have wet dreams about perfecting a propoganda machine as subtle and pervasive as America's.

It seems many big Hollywoood movies fall into four main categories:

A - Mythicization: As soon as a new conspiracy theory starts to surface, they make a film about it. Thus when the majority of people hear of the conspiracy theory, they immediately dismiss it as the realm of fantasy and "only in the movies". Anyone who supports the theory is seen as a total nutbar who takes movies too seriously. Conspiracy Theory anyone?

B - Psychological preparation/desensitization: We are being slowly mentally conditioned to accept events and revelations (pun intended) that will happen in the (near) future, so that when they eventually DO happen, we won't react with panic and, more importantly, won't resist.

C - Disinformation: "Don't look at that. Look over here. Look at the silly monkey. Isn't he silly!" Some movies are deliberate disinformation to misdirect us from the truth. As soon as we start getting close to the truth, Follywood and the media presents us with the "real story" that has been "hidden until now". We accept it and move on with our lives. The film JFK was one example. The speculation and the evidence pointing to CIA involvement in the assassination of JFK was getting too loud to deny, and too close to the truth. So what happens? Hollywood releases a film showing us that some traitorous, psychotic, homosexual, communist, fringe individuals involved in the CIA set it all up. We accept this blatant disinformation and go back to sleep, confident in the knowledge that intelligence agencies are still working for our good, despite a few "bad apples".

D - Indoctrination: Movies of this kind tell us what to think, who to hate, and direct public opinion by telling us who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. Previously folks from Eastern-Bloc countries, and recently people of Middle-Eastern origin are ridiculously, laughably demonized. The good guys with their bulging muscles, square jaws and well-honed sense of patriotic justice destroy them all in the name of liberty. Usually the hero will offer the arch-villain mercy at the end, because he's such a nice guy, but the bad guy is so evil and psychotic (and ugly) that he makes a last ditch attempt to stab a knife into the hero before getting blown away. Everyone cheers in great gouts of spat-out popcorn.

Where do these movies fit?

Conspiracy Theory, starring Mel Gibson, Julia Roberts, and Captain Jean Luc Picard

JFK - Kevin Kostner
Close Encounters of The Third Kind
E.T.
Mars Attacks
50's & 60's schlock Sci-Fi films (Invasion of the Body Snatchers, It Came From Outer Space, etc)
The Philidelphia Experiment

All films featuring war with Communists or Middle-Eastern countries and films with terrorists as the bad guys

Terminator I, II & III - Arnold Schwarzenegger
The Day After - about Nuclear Holocaust for those who aren't old enough
The Day After Tomorrow (struggled for a new title with this one, didn't they)
Clockwork Orange
Tacky 80's post-apocolyptic films about nazi, mutant bikers or something like that

Public Reaction Experiment:
Orson Wells's now infanous War of the Worlds radio broadcast.

I'm sure I've missed heaps. Anyone got any other obvious NWO propoganda films?

wecomeinparanoia

Edit: Must apologize to TruthStrangerThanFiction. I didn't see his post about an upcoming film with NWO/Masonic symbology. Another mythycisation.

[edit on 2004/11/16 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What about 80's cult film War Games?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm glad you acknowledge how mind altering the media is, it is by far the one the biggest reasons so many people are iggnorant in north america.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I am absolutely convinced that a small number of people control the world and are working towards a world government. Whether or not the illuminati control it is irrelevant, it can just be a blanket term to describe the major players. The problem I have is I have heard coherent lectures and what not on the subject and they will have all the facts straightforward except they are convinced that this group has injected there progaganda into every single movie and television show that is on the air. You make some good points about the broad subject matter of the films released, but some people make it seem like all film and television is picked or re-written based on it's NWO/illuminati merit. This one guy was saying that the stone cutters in that episode of the simpsons was matt groening helping get the public used to a one world government. The episode was clearly a farce, and portrayed there secret society in a foolish light. I want to know how, if this group is inserting there agendas in all our media, they accomplish to insert these tidbits without a group of screenwriters realising that all the scripts they've written have been rewritten with a certain type of material added.

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree. It's easy to get carried away with this stuff and see symbolism or propoganda in everything. No one really knows where it ends. But somehow I think it's only the major Hollywood releases that are used for this purpose. They are enough to get the message across. I'm pretty sure that the Illuminati aren't controlling my brother who is a scriptwriter, even though he's pretty evil sometimes.

But look at the films which could fit into the propoganda category. The vast majority of them are produced by a few incredibly powerful film companies/studios. And you'd be surprised how much control executives and invisible faces have on the creative direction of these films. In fact, they decide whether a film gets funding to even begin planning, and that's the greatest control of all. "We like your script, but we have a few, minor but important changes we'd like made. Agree and we'll back it no problem."

Be sure to check out the Masonic spin and symbology in National Treasure and an ATS thread on it here. That'll stop those pesky sheeple from asking why the Freemason/Illuminati symbol is on the US one dollar bill. Go back to sleep. Go back to sleeeeeeeep~~~~~~

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree, but it is also a double edged sword. It can cloud, as well as clear the subject matter. If it were not for Hollywood and television, most of us would not have had an interest in UFO's. Around 90% of the population believes in aliens and over 50% believe there is a cover-up, this is a product of education via the medium of film.

It really depends on the film. I think close-encounters was positive in increasing the awareness of UFO phenomena. There is a rumour floating around that because it was so close to reality, he had to make ET much more different. I must really commend his taken series too. Steven Spielberg is very much pro-ET.

There are also movies on remote viewing and Indigo children coming out. What we need is a more down-to-out-of-this-world movie, that portrays a more realistic positive ET race and their actions on our planet. When it's closer to our reality, it will make people think, much like the Day After tomorrow has.

I have a concept for such a movie, now all I need is a budget

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Hmm, I see what your saying. Perhaps it's a case of the chicken and the egg; which came first? One could speculate that UFO awareness and interest was already, originally increasing and the "forces" behind the propoganda decided they'd better get in fast before it became a topic of serious discussion and widely-accepted research. How many films were there about aliens before the Roswell incident and the dramatic increase in sightings during the 50's? Now, thanks to Hollywood and disinformation, the UFO community/UFO research is seen as the stuff of movies and a big joke to the average Joe.

On the other hand if the awareness WAS deliberately being increased, then for what agenda?

There are some folks, William Cooper included, who say that we are being mentally prepared for the day when the government will reveal the alien presence to us and we will be expected to assist these aliens in their battle against other aliens that are coming to Earth. The "greys" which are presented as benign beings in most big Hollywood flicks are, according to Cooper, the nastiest of them all. Anyway, make of that what you will...

Btw, I'll fund you movie. I just might have a few little changes I'd like made.

Edit: atrocious spelling

[edit on 2004/11/15 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You know whats really coincidental about this thread? Last night on TNT, they played "JFK" and then right after they aired "JFK" they aired "Conspiracy Theory"

Wonder who is controlling that network? What are they trying to implant in our minds?

[edit on 15-11-2004 by Illuminous]

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They're telling you, "Ok, ok, we admit it, now this is what REALLY happened with JFK, so you can stop poking into that one and trying to find the truth."

Then they show you Conspiracy Theory and they're telling you, "Well, just in case you were starting to believe in conspiracies, look at Jerry (Gibson). Isn't he a nutter!
Only nutters believe in this stuff. Oh, and even though in the end Jerry discovers MK-ULTA was true, you now know that this kind of thing only happens in the movies, don't you? That's why we made Captain Picard from Star Trek as the bad guy. If you believe MK-ULTRA is true, you believe Star Trek is true.
Aren't you silly! Now look, here's another BMW ad. Don't you want a BMW? Go back to sleep. Go back to sleeeeeep~~~~"

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
They're telling you, "Ok, ok, we admit it, now this is what REALLY happened with JFK, so you can stop poking into that one and trying to find the truth."

Then they show you Conspiracy Theory and they're telling you, "Well, just in case you were starting to believe in conspiracies, look at Jerry (Gibson). Isn't he a nutter!
Only nutters believe in this stuff. Oh, and even though in the end Jerry discovers MK-ULTA was true, you now know that this kind of thing only happens in the movies, don't you? That's why we made Captain Picard from Star Trek as the bad guy. If you believe MK-ULTRA is true, you believe Star Trek is true.
Aren't you silly! Now look, here's another BMW ad. Don't you want a BMW? Go back to sleep. Go back to sleeeeeep~~~~"

hahahahaha sooooo true

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good point, I believe alot of things which you say. That certain group of people, assuming they exist could pursuade a film maker to put their propeganda in. However, given that what I believe their goal is to tell people how to think, without revealing what actually happened, or what was the cause of it happening.

The movies try to manipulate people into thinking a certain way in order to downplay the significance of a major conspiracy, which in this will get people to avoid confronting the truth. How is this possible? Well, the media is a controlled state, once a major perception of how a certain major film is shown, peoples thoughts tend to be swayed into a certain position obstinate from the truth, much like Farenheight 9-11, and also the Majestic Documents. The group who controls the movies aim is to create an awarness of things which could happen, and then once it happens people will not view it as insanity, or a violation on them as they will accept it as normal, so in the end they wouldn't fight back to the abnormal change in lifestyle. Not only is it disinformation, but it also tends to lead people to think a certain way so that way once a person comes along and has a view different then theirs which is correct, they ignore their opinion due to their arrogance.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
you know before I wrote my post I did not think about the effect broad strokes of disinformation can have on the masses. I have heard about movie and television plots which have became reality, but did not think of it in the context of this discussion. And now that you mention it, movies about certain conspiracy type topics do a very good job at redirecting focus. My mother for example, she hardly see's any movies, but just from the clips or trailers she sees of these certain movies, it lays seeds in her mind that makes any serious discussion with her on those topics utterly pointless. Those nutters pointing the blame at the simpsons aren't helping either though.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Do not forget the small shocker movies. The ones where a plague gets loose and miraculously the small town gets saved just before the nuclear bomb vaporizes it. Or the Geo. C. Scott movie where he rampages because of an airborne virus.

These are all examples of testing the public and numbing the public to reality. Look at the poles- now everyone is concerned. The US Pres. is not, but everyone else is. How many disaster films deal with global climate change-

All these movies are designed to numb us.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
NWO Propaganda:
The Matrix, L ofthe R, Mr Smith Goes to Wash, A XMas Carol, even Lenscrafters commercials, it is now pervasive.... Public knowledge of it has only been lost to the general public since pre-WW1 timeframe. The US has been in perpetual war since ~FRB act 1913.
WRT NWO:
Most people are parroting now, or just regurgitating what 30yrs of TV has taught them.
It will now be chic to be an internationalist or globalist, and the nwo is teh natural evolution of the human race. The temptations will be "no more war", and "protection from terror".
Most people do not realize that the tv is not reporting, it is now driving collective thought and conventional wisdom..."Think Global, Act Local"!!!
Look at todays' media drive the 911 Intel Omnibus legislation that also happens to contain MUCH more than Intel reform.
Listen, they have majority control of the media and a monopoly on money, they are destroying Xtianity and Nationality...."The age of Nations is Dead" remember that one?
Every president that has publically opposed them via printing pure treasury notes since 1865 has been shot in the head.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The Pentagon has a department which specifically deals with allowing Hollywood to use equipment and vehicles for their films. The thing is, to get the equipment the Pentagon has to approve the script.

There is a massive list of films that were either approved or disapproved by the pentagon. Any film painting the US military in a bad light will not get Pentagon assistance. Some of your favourite films originally had scenes cut out of them at the Pentagons request or the producers wouldnt recieve assistance.

The helicopters in Black Hawk Down cost the movie�s producers $7,000 an hour to fly.

Mars Attacks was refused assistance because it portrayed the US military being defeated by aliens.

In Wind Walkers (Nick Cage) a scene in which an American soldier steals a gold tooth from a dead enemy, was dropped from he movie at the insistance of the Pentagon.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by cargo
The Pentagon has a department which specifically deals with allowing Hollywood to use equipment and vehicles for their films. The thing is, to get the equipment the Pentagon has to approve the script.
What is the name of this department? Do you have any further info on it?

There is a massive list of films that were either approved or disapproved by the pentagon.
Is there anywhere to get hold of this list?

Some of your favorite films originally had scenes cut out of them at the Pentagons request or the producers wouldn't receive assistance.
When you day "at the Pentagon's request", do you mean it a request that may be ignored, or is there no choice in the matter?

Mars Attacks was refused assistance because it portrayed the US military being defeated by aliens.
It was funny when they suck up the nuke in a balloon thingo and then breathe it in to make their voices squeaky like helium.

In Wind Walkers (Nick Cage) a scene in which an American soldier steals a gold tooth from a dead enemy, was dropped from he movie at the insistance of the Pentagon.
Emphasis added.
So how strong is this "insistence"? Is there a choice? What are the consequences of refusal?

Some more info or links would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
No one can be controlled unless they allow themselves to be...bottom line.

I can see how the film industry could be used as a propaganda tool...we all know that the German Film Industry and the American Film Industry were used for those purposes during WWII...

It also appears that many have lost the ability to separate fact from fiction as more and more films are being created using realistic scenerios from the everyday news.

While you are at it...why not expand your hypothesis to include reading material as well...after all, we know that the "Thoughts and Ideas" that one uses to author books (which some films are based on) is also propaganda waiting to happen, eh?...

Not that a handfull of Hollywod Films MAY have an agenda, anything is possible...but the majority, in my opinion, are written for pure entertainment, using the topics of "the day"...or from just good ol' fashioned imagination...

~oracle

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Disinformation film 'True Lies' (starring Arnie) fits under your 'All films featuring war with Communists or Middle-Eastern countries and films with terrorists as the bad guys' category.

Not sure why Clockwork Orange is there? Considering the sudden and mysterious death of Kubrick soon after 'Eyes Wide Shut' was made, I can't help thinking he was a Hollywood outsider who was trying to expose the illuminati through his art. Or am I disinformed???

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Wow - people have no idea how Hollywood operates and it's most definitely NOT controlled by the gov. This town - yup I live here, is all about $$$$$

To make this connection you would have to wrap in the writers ~20,000 of them struggling away, the producers ~1000's of them, the agents ~1000's of them, and the studios that they pitch to and actually fund the productions. They make films to make a buck - plain and simple.

If this were the case is Pretty Woman an attempt to turn girls into hookers so they can find their big score and live happily ever after??

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
This town - yup I live here, is all about $$$$$
Simply living there doesn't mean you know anything about how it works at the top and behind the scenes. The guys who collect the garbage at the Pentagon know less about government secrets than you do.

To make this connection you would have to wrap in the writers ~20,000 of them struggling away, the producers ~1000's of them, the agents ~1000's of them, and the studios that they pitch to and actually fund the productions. They make films to make a buck - plain and simple.
You're assuming that it's a broad thing covering all films, film-makers, directors, actors, etc. Of course it's ridiculous to think that the WHOLE industry is making propoganda, and nobody said that. If you read through the posts again, you'll see that this was clarified that it is only from the top down that these alterations, additions and creative directions come.

If this were the case is Pretty Woman an attempt to turn girls into hookers so they can find their big score and live happily ever after??
Again, a ridiculous statement and a sarcastic generalization intended to make the entire idea seem ludicrous and laughable. You're learning disinformation tricks well. This is the same reason why when we hear the words "conspiracy", our brains immediately start shouting "looney!" You should get a job with Psyops.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join