It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on a photo,please?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Bilk22
That explanation is just bunk.

What's bunk is claiming something is bunk, without having the required knowledge to make the following claim:

Bilk22
If it were closer with the car traveling at speed, it would be blurred if captured at all.

Most cameras today are digital. And as such, most do not suffer the limitation that film has of blurring objects while in motion. That's why you'll see pictures taken of things like helicopters and planes flying in the air, only to see their propellers perfectly still in the digital image.

Most digital cameras do not motion blur. Some of the older, cheaper ones do, but those are being phased out rather quickly. Also, there are settings on many digital cameras to actually create motion blur.

A link for you to study:

Digital Photography for Beginners

There are tons more links on Google.

As far as the image in the OP, it does look like a balloon.

edit on 28-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

Hi,yes I did'nt notice it in the sky,but then I was just taking a casual shot-my hubby has always been interested in that specific double hill,and has had a very vivid,detailed+unforgettable dream of this region in ancient times-it was after the dream that he did some google searches+came upon Michael Tellinger's theories,which are quite interesting,whether one believes them or not.So yeah only later as I was looking through the days photo's,I noticed this.

I have had quite a few ufo sightings right here in my yard out in the Bush though,my whole family has seen them,so maybe some one is watching:-)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

How do you mean,bug as in insect?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Hi no I did,nt notice it with my "bare eyes" but I was'nt really perusing the sky,it was just a case of:"Oh hey I've never taken a pic of that hill,so lemme take a quick shot"-my hubby is very interested in that specific location for his own reasons.As to birds,yeah its Africa,out in the Bushveldt so there's plenty of birds.If they'd show up like this,you'd propably have a better idea than me-i am a photographer but not like a master with years of experience-so idk? I had not had birds show up like this before-but then I have'nt taken hundreds of shots that include birds in flight,maybe 2 or 3+they were discernable as birds,but yeah,who knows?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Biigs
So, bug with light on it?

No. I know alot about bug. No bug look like that.

reply to post by Raxoxane

Hm, I notice there is a cable at the bottom of the pic. Perhaps something was caught in the cable and went up in the air as the wind blew. Was there wind when you took the pic?

Here in Quebec alot of people fish. Often, their bait (which is attached with a thread) gets stuck in an electric cable overhead and stay there for years. You UFO remind me of a special kind of bait, the "spoon" bait:

img.alibaba.com...

I'm not saying it's a fish bait. I'm just saying it's a possibility to consider.

edit on 28-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

No offense taken-the window was down though because in this region even in winter,it can get blisteringly hot in the daytime+afternoon,specially round the area of the provincial capital-but I do see what you mean by an appearance of reflection,that puzzles me too.I would'nt lie about something like this btw,it would be pointless,its not like people get paid for pics with weird anomalies,I stand to gain nothing.Its just an interesting pic,with an unknown element I posted for opinions.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

I have'nt seen that,lemme get to my pc quick for a closer look,I am in bed already.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Cute story!

HOAX time!
edit on 28-9-2013 by AbleEndangered because: switched with better image

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I starred you for participating,but i don't see where i claim beyond any shadow of a doubt that this an ET ship,alien ufo-i asked for an opinion from members on what the silver thingy is-so who am i trying to hoax?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Looks more like a piece of tree branch or thing,but i can't be sure-i would say plant/tree before bird,though.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Yeah ok

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Your focal point was the birds. How can I see birds in your photo, that you didn't see in real life with ur spouse?

Your in an observatory!

The level of honesty wasn't in the photo and story.

The truth is in the pic!

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Volund

it would be the 25th of August,a Sunday,or the next Sunday,1st of September-though i think it was the 25th of August,hubby cannot remember exactly either,would have been around 3-4 in the afternoon-i would'nt know where to check for flights,but i can try in the coming day or 2 to see where i can find info locally on plane flights.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Bacause my spouse was driving? and because i was not birdwatching,or focusing on anything in particular-just taking a quick snap of the hills?
Why would that seem strange to you? I only noticed the birds when you circled them for me.
What does the birds have to do with the silver thing,btw?

I remember the window being open because it was an extremely warm afternoon,but yes,i also see refraction,which puzzles me.

And please don't call me a hoaxer again for asking member's opinions.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I think the real concern is urges to take pictures of double hills.... pretending that aliens mind controlled you so they could reveal themselves as a bright spot on an otherwise standard picture.

If you don't get the irony regarding alien intelligence (and their ability to reveal themselves) then you have lost the plot.... but that might not register either.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Thanks for your input,swanne-the fishing in this province is trout fishing,but it is in another part of the province,the Highveldt region.I remember the day being windless and very hot,weather-wise.

I am actually surprised by all the things in the pic i did not see,being focused on the silver thingy-its been interesting,anyway

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

Whatever MadMax,you can make of it what you want.
However an urge to take a pic of a geographical feature hardly equals alien mind control-imo,anyway.

edit on 28-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

Most cameras today are digital. And as such, most do not suffer the limitation that film has of blurring objects while in motion. That's why you'll see pictures taken of things like helicopters and planes flying in the air, only to see their propellers perfectly still in the digital image.

Most digital cameras do not motion blur. Some of the older, cheaper ones do, but those are being phased out rather quickly. Also, there are settings on many digital cameras to actually create motion blur.

A link for you to study:

Digital Photography for Beginners

There are tons more links on Google.

YOU better take a course yourself then blurring has NOTHING to do with being a film camera or digital it's about correct use of shutter speed for the MOTION of the object depending on it's direction of travel relative to the camera also the distance from the camera will also have an effect of the speed that will reduce the effect of the objects motion.

Just for you

Shutter Speeds

As you can see as distance increases shutter speed decreases.

From that site

Directional Factor:
Motion across field: 1
45 degrees to field: 2
Toward or away: 4

You can see the directional factor at work the next time you are in a car, when traveling along a motorway/highway at a reasonable speed focus on stationary object ahead, then try an object at a 45 degree angle, then look out of your door window what appears to show the greatest sensation of speed.

According to the exif data on the OP picture the picture was from a Blackberry not much control over shutter speed with that.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This is a noob test right?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

pretending that aliens mind controlled you so they could reveal themselves as a bright spot on an otherwise standard picture.

Maybe you could point out where the OP mentions Aliens .

What she does mention is why she took the picture .

I was just taking a casual shot-my hubby has always been interested in that specific double hill,and has had a very vivid,detailed+unforgettable dream of this region in ancient times

No mention of Aliens there either

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join