It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Media Intentionally Fomenting Racism and Trying to Promote and Even Provoke Hate Crimes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Yes. I agree. The answer is simple. TPTB can get away with more stuff if we, the people, are distracted by constant squabbling amongst ourselves. The media actively encourages racism as well as class warfare to keep us divided.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by SlackOps

The problem I have here is this:

If it is just irresponsible reporting does that mean that these incidents are not happening or that they are happenning and it shouldn't be in the news?

Its in the way they turn their head or do a "no race spin" when a white is the victim. Then they jump all over the race aspects, even if they have to spin them out like taffy, if the victim is black with white perpetrator.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

greencmp

retiredTxn

greencmp

If it is just irresponsible reporting does that mean that these incidents are not happening or that they are happening and it shouldn't be in the news?

These incidents are happening, but the press picks and chooses what they consider to be important. If I could go the rest of my life and not hear one's race in the 1st few seconds of a story, or read a reporters skewed need to discern whether this was a hate crime or not, I would be content with the time I have left.

When the race baiting self-serving extortionists hijacked the movement it began to go downhill and never pulled out of the death spiral. For anyone who remembers the goals and clearly stated purposes of the movement, what has happened is an embarrassment and a shame.

A few days ago at a memorial service for the girls killed in the church bombing several notorious race gamers were on the front row. Even these girls deaths are not immune from the association or used as a platform for face time and anything these guys have said, done, or stand for.

I have to wonder if anyone ever considers telling this folks to not come at all to such an event. On the other hand maybe those involved are to stupid to understand what it looks like. Then maybe this is what the PTB want....the association of any real injustice with the face of crony race batters and race rakes.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I personally think MSM is going after rating.. and it seems according to their statistics that human's are irking for racial tensions... thus... they promote it....

Remember when the first reality show?.... now look.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

When Obama was running for president the first time i knew he was going to be a horrible leader but if you tried to speak out about your feelings toward him you were called a racist on here. But now that everyone doesn't like him people want to forget about that.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I know so many white people that voted for Obama, not because they agreed or even learned about the guys policies, but simply to prove to themselves that they aren't racist. It's like they feel guilty for being white and don't even realize it.

This is true and I view it as a weak spirited nerd handing his lunch money over to a bully preemptively.

The bully just turns to his buddies with a "can you believe this guy?" look on his face and then contemplates the best way to give him an atomic wedgie.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

NavyDoc

Yes. I agree. The answer is simple. TPTB can get away with more stuff if we, the people, are distracted by constant squabbling amongst ourselves. The media actively encourages racism as well as class warfare to keep us divided.

So far, I see positive signs that this is going to backfire in every way.

The media is forcing us to ignore them.
Racists are forcing us to believe them.
Would be saviors are forcing us to dismiss them.
The state is forcing us to remove them.

It's all good!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Logarock

greencmp

If it is just irresponsible reporting does that mean that these incidents are not happening or that they are happenning and it shouldn't be in the news?

Its in the way they turn their head or do a "no race spin" when a white is the victim. Then they jump all over the race aspects, even if they have to spin them out like taffy, if the victim is black with white perpetrator.

Oldest trick in the book and it is having the opposite effect unless you are suggesting the media/4th branch conspiracy explanation (to divide us) in which case it appears to be working.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Even these girls deaths are not immune from the association or used as a platform for face time and anything these guys have said, done, or stand for.

I have to wonder if anyone ever considers telling this folks to not come at all to such an event.

Good people do exactly that and then they get a visit from thugs who 'convince' them to have a change of heart.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Ancient Champion

When Obama was running for president the first time i knew he was going to be a horrible leader but if you tried to speak out about your feelings toward him you were called a racist on here. But now that everyone doesn't like him people want to forget about that.

Very good and accurate assessment, to be expected from unprincipled duplicitous opportunists of every ilk.

We should all have evolving understandings but, such a process is never a boolean change if the reasoning was honest and gradual.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

greencmp

Logarock

greencmp

Oldest trick in the book and it is having the opposite effect unless you are suggesting the media/4th branch conspiracy explanation (to divide us) in which case it appears to be working.

What I know for sure is that it doesn't effect my attitude toward other races but does sour me toward the press.

Rather than simple division, which could be seen as a byproduct, it supports the idea that whites are the only ones that need to check their attitudes. The clear suggestion by exclusion of race spin toward white victims is that we should expect and understand reverse racism as a sort of cause and effect response to historical treatment of minorities in this country. For whitey to understand this is not so much aimed at causing division as it is to get whites to support the progressive platform of a "reparations" solution. A solution which has a very wide berth to include billions of dollars, power shifts and a new class of privileged citizens who have taken over the "plantation" and now set on the lawn watching white toil in the fields for his sins.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Given an underclass that majorly can´t read and entirely doesn´t, this is dangerous incitement.

I have to admit, i stopped reading right there.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

Who are you quoting? Please edit to show.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Thanks for trying!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Logarock

greencmp

Logarock

greencmp

What I know for sure is that it doesn't effect my attitude toward other races but does sour me toward the press.

Rather than simple division, which could be seen as a byproduct, it supports the idea that whites are the only ones that need to check their attitudes. The clear suggestion by exclusion of race spin toward white victims is that we should expect and understand reverse racism as a sort of cause and effect response to historical treatment of minorities in this country. For whitey to understand this is not so much aimed at causing division as it is to get whites to support the progressive platform of a "reparations" solution. A solution which has a very wide berth to include billions of dollars, power shifts and a new class of privileged citizens who have taken over the "plantation" and now set on the lawn watching white toil in the fields for his sins.

There was a, perhaps apocryphal, story from the French revolution that I find relevant here:

There was a coal carrying woman who met a lady in fine silk on the street and was reported to say, "from now on there will be equality, you will haul coal and I will wear silk"
edit on 17-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Logarock

Who are you quoting? Please edit to show.

They were saying that they stopped reading the article referenced in the original post.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yes, yes indeed. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

beezzer

greencmp

These are both foreboding explanations with the single the exception of careless reporting. What can be done, if anything?

We are the solution. We are the new journalists.

I haven't been able to make a decision on that.

I don't think I would consider myself a journalist. For one thing, I have a clear agenda (you may have noticed it).

Also, this is a very limited audience of highly intelligent people (well, potentially anyway).

The distillation of information requires that I intentionally subject myself to a broad spectrum of news and opinion every day in an effort to be exposed to the largest data set that is reasonably comprehensible. There are some assistive mechanisms, you can find a rhythm, a muscle memory that enables the mind to focus on the greater task while still not tripping over your own thoughts and still being able to perform the task and become more aware of the nature of the complex system under observation.

In short, it is very difficult to be aware, to stay aware and to expand your awareness. It is a constant exercise, if you slack off for any length of time you can lose the rhythm.

Ultimately, since it is a distillation process, a few drops of the intellectual uisge beatha are left in the glass. It smells good, it tastes good but no one really knows what was involved in producing it.

All summary is similarly limited in its ability to communicate understanding.

Simple! right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join