It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Media Intentionally Fomenting Racism and Trying to Promote and Even Provoke Hate Crimes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If you spend any time browsing the main stream media, you can't avoid noticing the dramatic increase in race baiting. I thought this was going to be the era of unity. Heck, we have our first african american president do we not?

We all have our problems with Barach Obama here on ATS but, I can honestly say that race is most definitely not one of them. In fact, we care so little about race that we suppose that he hangs out with the Bushes and drinks iced illuminatos on the golf course with the corporate heavy hitters (wait, he does do that) and represents the zenith of racial integration at the highest levels of power.

So, where in the jimminy cricket is this crap coming from if not the misinformation machine itself? Are blacks really choosing to instigate a race war at the apex of their political influence? Seems fishy to me, am I missing something?

Are-the-Mainstream-Media-Promoting-Hate?

Usually they appear to be trying to increase racial hostility. Note the deliberate distribution of a version of the Rodney King tape edited to make the use of force seem unjustified. Also note the editing of the Zimmerman audio by track by NBC to make him sound racially biased. Given an underclass that majorly can´t read and entirely doesn´t, this is dangerous incitement. And of course the media spin every story to make blacks believe that they are victims when they are not.

They really truly believe that blacks are brutalized, beaten, mistreated, that they suffer discrimination of various sorts, chiefly invisible to others, and that white racists want to impoverish them. They simply reject as prejudice anything that doesn´t fit this view of the world.  It makes no sense to the rational, but they are sincere. The psychology seems to be that if you deny the existence of something, such as a combination of grotesquely high crime rates and racial attacks, it will go away.

In sum, as the major media incite an already angry black underclass, the internet and, increasingly, the legacy media incite white anger by publicizing attacks. Does no one understand that this can have really, really ugly consequences?

edit on 16-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

greencmp

So, where in the jimminy cricket is this crap coming from if not the misinformation machine itself? Are blacks really choosing to instigate a race war at the apex of their political influence? Seems fishy to me, am I missing something?

This is coming from the 1% elitists who believe they are untouchable and anything they cause won't touch their ivory towers.

In sum, as the major media incite an already angry black underclass, the internet and, increasingly, the legacy media incite white anger by publicizing attacks. Does no one understand that this can have really, really ugly consequences?

The instigators of this unrest understand full well how ugly the consequences can be. That's why they are doing it. The more divided we are the better. If we are violently divided that suits them even more. As I said, they believe themselves untouchable. Strife is for the low classes.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Unfortunately, I am coming to the same conclusion.

The Sharpton's and Jackson's of the world should be held accountable as well but, I guess they qualify as the 1% to use those terms.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

You ever notice black people are the ones that always call other black the n word? The african american peoples are the ones who keep racism alive! I thought that was completely a thing of the past, apparently I was wrong....Every rap song, pop, hip hop, anywhere there is an african american singer, actor, etc....There is always one black calling another an n word....But they use "ah" instead of "er" so it is okay??

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
In a word

Yes.

A divided people is a weak people. And every division in society is being used to split us.
Its just that the racial tension has always been high in the US, its a effective division to put a wedge into.

Here in the UK its the "threat" of the muslims that we are supposed to be scared of.

The extent of the use of divisions and the wedging of those divisions at every opportunity shows me that TPTB want us weak right now, and its working. Now why would they want us weak RIGHT NOW?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Good-hearted Americans are justifiably outraged over the prevalence of racism and bigotry in our society. The media feed on that to generate ratings. In other words, no conspiracy, except to make money via sensationalism

Also, to pretend "we" (white people, I assume) are all OK with a black man in the White House is ridiculous. Clearly a great deal of the enmity directed toward BHO is motivated by racial bigotry.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

We all have our problems with Barach Obama here on ATS but, I can honestly say that race is most definitely not one of them. In fact, we care so little about race that we suppose that he hangs out with the Bushes and drinks iced illuminatos on the golf course with the corporate heavy hitters (wait, he does do that) and represents the zenith of racial integration at the highest levels of power.

I have to laugh at that because it's SO true yet SO badly overlooked and ignored outright today. The people called racists....often those who hate Obama the most....are literally the people who could care the LEAST about race, as things have developed. I'd HAPPILY vote in an elderly Bill Cosby for all race makes a difference anymore. (We had a Black President now. The world didn't end... the sky didn't fall... like you say, who cares anymore?)

In terms of race baiting? I don't think the media needs to bait much anymore. The first time I saw deep, pure, RAGING hate for me because I was a 'White Boy' was during the King Riots in L.A.. That was an experience that took seconds to start and finish ...but has lasted a lifetime. That hate hasn't faded or gone anywhere. It's grown and festered....often encouraged by both media and societal expectations.

Heck, how can a little black child feel to be told, before he's taught it's just how to game the system, that tests need 'standardized' so HE can pass them too? Basically, saying, 'Little man, you're too flat out stupid to compete with these White boys, so we need to dumb it down for everyone...so you feel better'.

^^ Is that necessary? Of course not. Race is a physical trait but not a defining one to individual potential. Never has been, IMO. It's what people are told, taught and given to expect and accept as normal though. So how do we dial down the race division when it's built into our system at every level?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

OneManArmy

In a word

Yes.

My thoughts exactly.

It is misdirection. Like a parlor magician waving one hand around so that the audience doesn't acknowledge or perceive what the other hand is doing.

It is no coincidence or accident as to which stories float to the top or make front page headlines.

At this point, it doesn't really seem to matter which side is committed to escalation, only that somebody pick up the ball and run with it.

Is it "media" doing this or journalists that allow unethical reporting to continue? As soon as a reporter says "I'm not saying that" their job is on the line. Are they complicit for wanting to continue their career? Are they ignorant of the controlling interest? Or resigned to moral defeat?

When we say "media" it removes blame from individuals as if they are separate from this controlling entity when they are very much a part of it, not apart from it.

Yeah the anchorperson is just reading from a prompter, a face and voice. If they don't do it someone else wanting a salary and good benefits will happily fill the void left by someone with a conscience.

At times the exasperation of those delivering the news is detectable, like they know what they are saying is a crock, but they continue to do it anyway... Now why is that?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
See I don't think that they are.

If they really wanted to start a race war you could surely fill an hour of evening news showcasing the days black on white crime throughout the country. Yet they pretty much ignore it. Granted most of it,while horrendous in and of itself that it may be, doesnt make it national newsworthy anymore than the Zimmerman-Martin case. Unless you call a wannabe gangtsa thug getting his just rewards newsworthy. Just my opinion on that!

They could bring up the fact that many schools across our once great nation have caved to islamists and are serving halal meals in public schools and have removed all pork items.

Im sure if somebody really wanted to start a race war, they could run 24 hour news coverage targeting any or multiple race or religion and in less than a week stuff would hit the fan.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

SlackOps

At times the exasperation of those delivering the news is detectable, like they know what they are saying is a crock, but they continue to do it anyway... Now why is that?

Money and job security, topped with a little fame, and you know what, fame is like a drug, you can get addicted to it.
For some people, morals can be discarded for a little "recognition". Add to that the comfortable lifestyle, I suppose it could be an easy choice for the morally challenged.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Is the Media Intentionally Fomenting Racism and Trying to Promote and Even Provoke Hate Crimes?

Yes. And my thoughts as to why?

Because they need this distraction to implement more laws, centalise authority, pass things like the Patriot Act, NDAA, Obamacare, Internet Taxes, Censorship laws, Invasion of privacy laws (NSA), etc.

If we're busy arguing amongst ourselves, then we cannot unite as one voice against the government.

The media has become the 4th branch of government.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

So, I just broke down the responses to what I think you all mean.

Please correct me if I misinterpreted any of your comments.

Media/Government conspiracy:

The more divided we are the better./I agree/A divided people is a weak people./It is misdirection./Distraction to implement more laws, centralize authority.

Racism is real:

The african american people are the ones who keep racism alive/That hate hasn't faded, it's grown and festered and been encouraged by both media and societal expectations./I don't think that they are.(racism is real)

Negligent hype for ratings:

No conspiracy, except to make money via sensationalism.

These are both foreboding explanations with the single the exception of careless reporting. What can be done, if anything?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

greencmp

What can be done, if anything?

Accountability.

Those responsible could be held accountable? Starting with morally deficient journalist continuing with the moguls that push whatever agenda and ending with whichever special interest group is backing the play.

In a way, it has begun already, with the decline of printed news, the ineptitude of local affiliates, and the move to alternative media outlets by the readers.

You might be surprised at what a phone call to your local affiliate might achieve. For example: I once saw a reporter doing a piece on horrible traffic conditions and bad drivers. While she is reporting from on scene (middle of the road) she runs out into traffic (in defiance of traffic law) trying to wave down a driver that committed a moving violation. In reporting the issue she became involved to a degree that made her part of the problem. One call to the station pointing this out was all it took to have the project pulled, the segment was cancelled. In her quest for glory she neglected to see how her own actions were as much a part of the problem as any other participant.

Now, we all know that traffic sucks in any major metro area. Big Newsflash, huh? So then what was the purpose? Filler. Pure fluff. Something designed to take up air, get people talking about Channel X News, and promote one journalist's career.

Call 'em out on their BS, literally. Pick up the phone and call. We could inundate the "media" with our own reporting of their sensationalist agenda designed to sell us whatever brand they are pushing... which is probably no more than the station's call sign.

It's not total reform, but it's a start.

If networks are in the business of making money then why not sell the truth? It would only stand to reason that if truth (news/info) were a commodity then there must be an embargo.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SlackOps

The problem I have here is this:

If it is just irresponsible reporting does that mean that these incidents are not happening or that they are happenning and it shouldn't be in the news?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Is it though? Solely the result of yellow journalism?

It just shouldn't be spun or hyped.

No opinion, glamorization, or bias sprinkled in amongst the facts.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

greencmp

If it is just irresponsible reporting does that mean that these incidents are not happening or that they are happening and it shouldn't be in the news?

These incidents are happening, but the press picks and chooses what they consider to be important. If I could go the rest of my life and not hear one's race in the 1st few seconds of a story, or read a reporters skewed need to discern whether this was a hate crime or not, I would be content with the time I have left.

Will this happen anytime soon? Doubt it. For some reason, American citizens are no longer content with being an American. Some feel they must hyphenate their race or ethnicity. This is merely a ploy to further separate us and keep the tensions high. The mainstream media seizes on this, shoves it down our throats, then wait for something new to happen.

When people get over themselves and and pay attention to how bad they are being played, maybe then we can come together as American citizens and solve the real problems we face. JMO

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

SlackOps

Is it though? Solely the result of yellow journalism?

It just shouldn't be spun or hyped.

No opinion, glamorization, or bias sprinkled in amongst the facts.

This is a puzzle that has yet to be solved.

I agree, we really cannot say that anything should not be reported. Yet, we cannot report on everything.

The unbiased reporting of all the facts is the idealized definition of journalism and it has its place in our hearts and minds but, is not demonstrable.

In our memories it is a romanticized archetype of that which we wish it used to be or should have been. I think a truly unbiased and complete reporting within that ideal was not truly possible, is not now possible and probably never will be possible.

Most people are not choosing to be more aware of more facts from more perspectives. Only those who pursue knowledge and thoroughly digest it will have understanding.

I do not anticipate a solution to this age old problem.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

greencmp

These are both foreboding explanations with the single the exception of careless reporting. What can be done, if anything?

We are the solution. We are the new journalists.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

retiredTxn

greencmp

If it is just irresponsible reporting does that mean that these incidents are not happening or that they are happening and it shouldn't be in the news?

These incidents are happening, but the press picks and chooses what they consider to be important. If I could go the rest of my life and not hear one's race in the 1st few seconds of a story, or read a reporters skewed need to discern whether this was a hate crime or not, I would be content with the time I have left.

Will this happen anytime soon? Doubt it. For some reason, American citizens are no longer content with being an American. Some feel they must hyphenate their race or ethnicity. This is merely a ploy to further separate us and keep the tensions high. The mainstream media seizes on this, shoves it down our throats, then wait for something new to happen.

When people get over themselves and and pay attention to how bad they are being played, maybe then we can come together as American citizens and solve the real problems we face. JMO

Multi-culturalism was a poorly chosen path that led away from our unity. Many thought we would gain the world but we lost ourselves.

I was recently lamenting the loss of the leadership of MLK within the civil rights movement which was not african american, it was american.

When the race baiting self-serving extortionists hijacked the movement it began to go downhill and never pulled out of the death spiral. For anyone who remembers the goals and clearly stated purposes of the movement, what has happened is an embarrassment and a shame.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

The MSM does'nt really report news. They act much more like the PR arm of the government.

Of course they make racism an issue, any kind of "ism" you can think of is made into an issue.

Sexism, Racism, abortionism, gays in the military(ism), pro-gun, anti-gun, pro-religion, anti-religion etc.
They love it. It keeps people divided into groups and arguiing over trivial things. Meanwhile the people in power can keep going to the bank and calling the shots in their favor. It happens to work pretty effectively too.

Plus you have to remember, the black "leaders" like Al and Jesse and the others want to keep racism alive becasue they would have to go get real jobs if it did not exist.

I know so many white people that voted for Obama, not because they agreed or even learned about the guys policies, but simply to prove to themselves that they aren't racist. It's like they feel guilty for being white and don't even realize it.

edit on 17-9-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join