It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman, Empowered By Her Female Sexuality Is Formidable!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

A Woman, Empowered By Her Female Sexuality Is Formidable!

FOR-MID-DA-BLE:

Formidable is an interesting yet a very fitting word to describe the power of female sexuality. The idea of this thread came to me, almost embarrassingly, because of the current outrage over miley cyrus.
I say embarrassed, but the whole thing has definitely made me question why people are so outraged by women who recognise the power that comes with being a woman. More so, the women who embrace that power and display it confidently without fear of rejection.

The idea that the female body can wield so much influence is something that is often kept hush hush in society, denied its existence outside the wanton lust of your average man. I want to start by acknowledging the treatment of women who know and understand their bodies influence, without seeking to keep it as a sacred temple that only one man may enter.

Im sure you've seen it, read about it or heard people talking about it – It got over 80 million views on youtube over its first 4-5 days. Miley cyrus, butt naked on a wrecking ball, licking a sledge hammer seductively with absolutely no thought what so ever to health and safety. Its outrageous this once child star now steps into the world of the adult music industry without bothering to get dressed first. How dare she, a woman, make such an explicit statement to the world that clearly says “I am not hannah montanna”
But the backlash of her fan's is interesting to say the least. I couldnt help but get the impression that many of her younger teenage fans (the majority being girls) feel her actions are inappropriate, her display of owning her own body without remorse is shameful. Its as though these angered fans dont realise they will, someday soon, go from desiring to being desired. But more on that soon.

With what's been going on you'd think it was the first time that a woman has made a statement using her feminine qualities. Madonna's antic's instantly spring to mind. She pissed off a lot of people singing about getting pregnant and desiring sex with no strings. She was the anti-christ for some. And yet, she only aided the cause for women to feel empowered by their vagina's. “Justify my love” speaks volumes for a title of a song. When have you ever heard a man singing about having to justify his lust?

However, lets move away from pop-culture.

What's really had me thinking over the past couple of days is the WHY?
Why is society shocked and angered when a woman displays total control of her body? Why does it respond with a backlash of disparaging comments designed to shame and intimidate? Why do we only celebrate female sexuality when the woman in question is following a certain set of rules that keep her “pure” from criticism?

I believe the round-a-bout answer is staring us all the in face:
If a woman embraces the body she was born into, understands the power it potentially posses, shows ownership and competency in decision making in regards to her well being – She takes away any control society/men/boys sought to exploit. This in itself is unacceptable in patriarchal societies. Probably even considered by some a direct attack on the male populous and their highly vocalised needs.

A woman who commands not just their minds but bodies too, holds the power to:
1) Not be trapped by social attitudes to sex. This includes not being caught up in the pressure to put out, the pressure to keep your legs shut, and the pressure to have sex or engage in sexual activity in order to please someone else.
2) Not be emotionally blackmailed for desiring/enjoying sex, shamed for masturbating or being called name's because she experimented at the expense of her perceived “pureness” - A concept that is placed there by a society that wants the best of both worlds.

So how do we keep women playing the game of cat and mouse?
We teach them absolutely nothing about being sexually empowered. In doing so, many women don’t realise until their mid 20's just exactly what they've been gifted with. I honestly believe there comes a moment in every women's life when she realises she is desired and that feeling ultimately secures her own personal progression that cements her identity as a mature woman.
She knows she's got something far better than a penis. She has something that is desired by both men and women, something that can grow a human being, push it into the world and forever be connected with that being emotionally.

I think what really irks society and some men is the fact that, if she places value on herself, then you to have to share and respect that value in order to get a look in. If she's in control then she decides if you're good enough to be considered.
Im sure, this being the case for some women, they've turned away the “nice guys” and ineffectively hurt them forever more. They may have left a man who was totally in love with them, because they wanted better for themselves. This results in the shaming and demonetization of women. The idea that they “cant be trusted” because they make decisions some men cant understand or benefit from.

There is a saying that rings very true to me as I make my way through life observing the people around me: Weak men desire weak women in order to prop up their sense of masculinity. It is often the weak men who down talk women, perceive them as less than human so that they are more manageable in their every day interactions. Boy's are taught in their teen's that calling girls name's is a great way to break down any confidence they have in their bodies and will result in those girls, seeking to restore that confidence lost by engaging in sexual acts to falsely win the respect of their peers. A sign of a boys's masculinity is his ability to manipulate a woman into submitting to his needs. Stop me if im wrong.

So to wrap this up, I have to conclude that society just isn’t ready to accept the woman who embraces her sexual identity. I long expect to hear feminists get bashed, Miss Cyrus get burned at the stake for being daring and men slagging off women because they've made some sort of decision that they weren’t personally happy with.
It high time women began to realise that they're not going to win their battles until they own themselves.

Also, I would highly suggest reading this article that really does give better example's of why attitudes to women's empowerment are so hostile. Good Article

I would absolutely love to hear any contradictory view's or points that you may feel I have failed to raise. We are discussing women and the ownership of their bodies.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

providing her new found power doesnt lead her to try to belittle or subjugate men to her will im all for anywoman finding inner strngth and making it outer strength

im not for fascist feminazi's who use thier sex as a weapon or tool to get thier ways.

edit on 16/9/13 by JAK because: Full quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

And yet, ive stated nothing in my OP that suggests a woman should subjugate a man via embracing her own sexuality.

Using sex as a weapon is null and void - You are at the mercy of your own desire's, dont blame others for that.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What sexuality? She looks like beebs with lipstick and the body of a teenage boy.

The REAL reason people are disgusted by her is that she let herself become another social tool for those who wish to wipe western ways off the face of the map. Yet another little Disney girl who was used to win over millions of other young girls and their parents, then brazenly transformed into some type of media-case in hopes to further spread the societal breakdown over generations.

I'm all for various types of peoples being able to "empower" themselves, but I also like when civilization tries to follow some uniform code of conduct. Coming on stage looking like a lunatic prostitute and then grinding her self into the crotch of a older married man sends nothing but the wrong message/s. Now what do those parents say to their young kids? Do they tell them how empowering such a display is?

Be a feminist and fight for real women's rights, but don't be soo hasty when people try to maintain decency. Some of the more modern feminist agendas are being backed and orchestrated by dangerous people that don't wish to empower any females, certain ones in particular though.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

It is often the weak men who down talk women, perceive them as less than human so that they are more manageable in their every day interactions. Boy's are taught in their teen's that calling girls name's is a great way to break down any confidence they have in their bodies and will result in those girls, seeking to restore that confidence lost by engaging in sexual acts to falsely win the respect of their peers. A sign of a boys's masculinity is his ability to manipulate a woman into submitting to his needs. Stop me if im wrong.

You're wrong. Males who naturally do what you describe above have the most success with girls because girls don't like to be put on a pedestal and being put down here and there builds attraction due to the fact that women enjoy the challenge of 'getting the guy'.

In my experience, if a woman knows she can have you whenever she wants you then she just gets bored. Sorry but I'm just going by observations. Nice guys nearly always finish last for a reason...

On a side note, as women get older, these things matter less and less.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

"I would absolutely love to hear any contradictory view's or points that you may feel I have failed to raise. We are discussing women and the ownership of their bodies. "

Actually, no we are not discussing anything of the like. I really didn't want to comment to bump this post because it's so ridiculous but so be it.

You are "trying" to discuss male to female relationships with an emphasis on females being the victim of some sort of male whatever cat and mouse game you've made up in your own head.

I really don't feel like wasting any more time with you but I can assure you there's a few mothers out there (they're female btw, google "mother") that would in no way want their daughters acting like mily cerius montana hannah. All joking aside, You're doing nothing but ranting, there's nothing to learn from what you said. I tried to be empathetic and read your post from a few different POV's but really, there's nothing there but a rant.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I wouldnt say Miley Cyrus is empowered by it at all. It wasn't here embracing it that got her where she is. I would say she is exploits and a dash ignorant.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

I wouldnt say Miley Cyrus is empowered by it at all. It wasn't here embracing it that got her where she is. I would say she is exploited and a dash ignorant.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Agree with your thoughts.

I think most men fear the emancipation of women...on the other hand....most women are not yet ready to be emancipated...and empowered as you put it.

Also, there is something to be said about our primal instincts...in that regard...a woman will always be sort of smothered. I guess when you break it down, it is about the physical strength. If women were physically stronger...there would be nothing stopping them from being empowered. Just observe the praying mantis.

Even the Bible (and if you believe it to be the word of God) states that woman is to serve man.

My point is...some women do make it...some don't...and some even don't want it at all. Constrained by the millennium of male dominance...it is now hard to break free.
For instance, check out the women that tolerate how Islamic culture treats women. They are practically men's slaves from early age....yet...you have Islamic women who would fight for that right to be his slave. To be confined to the house, to wear a mask to cover her face...they almost beg for it.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

wingsfan
What sexuality? She looks like beebs with lipstick and the body of a teenage boy.

There we go, straight into the shaming.

The REAL reason people are disgusted by her is that she let herself become another social tool for those who wish to wipe western ways off the face of the map. Yet another little Disney girl who was used to win over millions of other young girls and their parents, then brazenly transformed into some type of media-case in hopes to further spread the societal breakdown over generations.

Your type is exactly who this thread is aimed at. Off the bat you're dismissive of women embracing their sexual power without suggesting they're screwing up society & being whores.

I'm all for various types of peoples being able to "empower" themselves,

Yeah you sure sound like it

but I also like when civilization tries to follow some uniform code of conduct. Coming on stage looking like a lunatic prostitute and then grinding her self into the crotch of a older married man sends nothing but the wrong message/s. Now what do those parents say to their young kids? Do they tell them how empowering such a display is?

First off, a disney character shouldn't be your childs role model in any civilized society, secondly, your judging HER but not HIM - You see how conditioned you are?

Be a feminist and fight for real women's rights, but don't be soo hasty when people try to maintain decency.

Is there something indecent about the female body im unaware of?

Some of the more modern feminist agendas are being backed and orchestrated by dangerous people that don't wish to empower any females, certain ones in particular though.

I can only imagine your evidence to back up such a claim is just male opinion that obviously trumps anyone else who is female inclined?

Love how you've only focused on miley cyrus while replying btw

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
oh...I also wanted to comment on Milley...

I really didn't understand what was all the hoopla about. Every other music video on MTV shows practically naked women, dancing, singing simulating sex (remember the early days of Britney)...

She was just joining the band wagon...sex sells...I thought that was clear by now. I'm not saying we should like Milley because of it...but...there was nothing in that show that was..."earth shattering" and required the global reaction...nothing that wasn't already seen or done.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

OptimusCrime

"I would absolutely love to hear any contradictory view's or points that you may feel I have failed to raise. We are discussing women and the ownership of their bodies. "

Actually, no we are not discussing anything of the like. I really didn't want to comment to bump this post because it's so ridiculous but so be it.

You're telling me, on MY thread, what were discussing? Laughable!
Thanks for bumping my thread

You are "trying" to discuss male to female relationships with an emphasis on females being the victim of some sort of male whatever cat and mouse game you've made up in your own head.

Im trying to discuss how women are basically not expected to discover just how much power they have without having to act like men to have it recognised. You obviously missed the point.

I really don't feel like wasting any more time with you but I can assure you there's a few mothers out there (they're female btw, google "mother") that would in no way want their daughters acting like mily cerius montana hannah.

And yet, i bet you those same mothers would have loved Miss Cyrus when she was playing the virginal innocent teen girl who only wanted to kiss boys on the cheek. Funny, we are ready to recognise a girl for being innocent yet totally deny the fact that women are sexual and have need's and desires that are healthy to express.

All joking aside, You're doing nothing but ranting, there's nothing to learn from what you said. I tried to be empathetic and read your post from a few different POV's but really, there's nothing there but a rant.

Ive been objective in my OP, make of it what you want, thanks for reading either way!
edit on 16-9-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Wide-Eyes

You're wrong. Males who naturally do what you describe above have the most success with girls because girls don't like to be put on a pedestal and being put down here and there builds attraction due to the fact that women enjoy the challenge of 'getting the guy'.

That is not my experience of high school or teenagers of the current generation.

In my experience, if a woman knows she can have you whenever she wants you then she just gets bored. Sorry but I'm just going by observations. Nice guys nearly always finish last for a reason...

Nice guys finish last because no women wants to feel like she's mothering her parter. That's how simple it is.

On a side note, as women get older, these things matter less and less.

Indeed, but the confidence gained serves them for the rest of their lives. They pass that knowledge on.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

What is the quote...?
"In lieu of creativity there is an unecessary and undue emphasis on sexuality."

I found it to be a complete bore.. not offensive or sexy. Just uninteresting.

It only hurt any cause supporting feminism as equality. But we all know equality isn't what it's really about is it?

Using sexuality as a means to manipulate or empower isn't virtuous for any gender, and shouldn't be accepted. It only encourages people to be superficial and shallow. There are tons of other things we all need to be worrying about other than sex. Again, it's all so very boring. I'm going to bed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I shouldnt really be surprised by the amount of men that seem to be taking offence at the notion that a woman who embraces her gender and sexuality is going to screw society up at we know it. Or secondly, that by embracing themselves they are in turn "proving a point to men"

You're just not quite grasping the fact that a woman embracing her sexual identity has absolutely nothing to do with men and what they think about it. You just dont understand you're not apart of it. It doesn't require a penis, it requires a woman who can look at herself naked in a mirror and accept that she's won the genetic lottery.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Miley Cyrus is not "empowering" herself by acting like a slutty, drugged out skank - she is not showing any respect for herself - and doing anything she can, with what little talent she has - to get attention.

I guess your going to say that Lindsay Lohan is "empowering" herself by being addicted to drugs and alcohol - JUST like a man can?

If you are trying to make a comparison to western culture and fundamentalist Islamic culture - that's comparing apples to oranges.

I don't thing women in western culture have to worry about empowering themselves - just look at the rates for women as compared to men - going to college.

You don't have to be naked and try to wield sex as a weapon to be strong. That's just idiotic.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

What is the quote...?
"In lieu of creativity there is an unecessary and undue emphasis on sexuality."

I found it to be a complete bore.. not offensive or sexy. Just uninteresting.

It only hurt any cause supporting feminism as equality. But we all know equality isn't what it's really about is it?

Using sexuality as a means to manipulate or empower isn't virtuous for any gender, and shouldn't be accepted. It is a weakness, not strength, and only encourages people to be superficial and shallow. There are tons of other things we all need to be worrying about other than sex. Again, it's all so very boring. I'm going to bed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Will these 'new' emboldened women still be doing the cooking, washing up, cleaning, hoovering, ironing, shopping, bringing up the kids, taking them to school, changing nappies, etc, etc .........

oh ok, I'm an old fashioned, out of touch, male chauvanist pig, I know, I know ..... how stupid of me to think that woman should be doing these things.

The problem is the world I live in and which most people live in requires somebody to do these things and if it's not the woman then the man will have to do it. So either we accept role reversal, or we accept sharing of the chores .... which by the way is what happens in my house.

My point is, it's all very well people like Miley Cyrus behaving as she does, but as a role model to young women it's not helping, because we now have a population of wannabes who have no interest in the everyday chores that need to be done.

Young women now have this idea that they can all be like these role models, they all want to be on x factor, they all want to look like a model ..... result ... a lot of unhappy disaffected people.

Instead of making stars out of sex crazed, money grabbing, fame seeking, bimbos I wish society would elevate women who do well at bringing up families, keeping nice homes, and work to create strong societies.

I'm glad to report that where I stay at least it would appear that most youngsters do not fall for the fakery, and in fact do turn out ok and lead normal well adjusted lives. Which means to say that Miley Cyrus is irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Happy1

Miley Cyrus is not "empowering" herself by acting like a slutty, drugged out skank - she is not showing any respect for herself - and doing anything she can, with what little talent she has - to get attention.

Back with the shaming. Enlighten me, who's really deciding what's respectable here? You or her?

I guess your going to say that Lindsay Lohan is "empowering" herself by being addicted to drugs and alcohol - JUST like a man can?

Embracing drugs and alcohol is just a tiny different from embracing your GENDER.

If you are trying to make a comparison to western culture and fundamentalist Islamic culture - that's comparing apples to oranges.

Really not sure where you got that impression from but definitely not the comparison i was trying to make.

I don't thing women in western culture have to worry about empowering themselves - just look at the rates for women as compared to men - going to college.

You're not getting it. The point must have just gone waaaayyy over your head.

You don't have to be naked and try to wield sex as a weapon to be strong. That's just idiotic.

I never mentioned using sex as a weapon, men just automatically assume a strong women will use sex as a weapon and more to a point, you'll disrespect them for it! haha

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

SearchLightsInc
I shouldnt really be surprised by the amount of men that seem to be taking offence at the notion that a woman who embraces her gender and sexuality is going to screw society up at we know it. Or secondly, that by embracing themselves they are in turn "proving a point to men"

Even though I don't see eye-to-eye with you I can make deductions. You're intelligent, witty, sarcastic, funny, prideful with a strong backbone, and even open to fair debate on touchy issues. I don't know wth you look like, but I can say your respectable. Does that NOT mean anything? I don't need to see you naked to tell you that.

And I have NO problems with women wanting to express their sexuality. What miley did wasn't sexual it was degenerate, and it clearly wasn't of her own doing. This young woman is being exploited, and yes there is probably men behind that, take it out on those filthy bastards.

As for the guy she grinded on, you're right. He is even worse. He has an uncut vid on youtube that clearly states women are useless ho's for him and his boys, all while being married with kids.

I'm just saying, can we all dial back the raunchy stuff a few notches, men and women?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join