It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Is Ben Swann and I left Fox 19 to Bring Truth To Media, Ask Me Anything

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Journalism is more than just creating and reading headlines. When any lawmaker, public servant or military member takes an oath of office, they make that oath to the Constitution or rule of law. Journalists similarly should be fighting to protect the rule of law, because it is our Constitution that protects all people, citizens and non-citizens, Republicans and Democrats, the 1% as well as the 99%.

This summer after 14 years in broadcast media I launched an independent media project called "The Truth In Media Project". We are creating content that national media won't touch. Why "Truth in Media"?

1. Our culture is truth deficient. The historical centers of truth have broken down.
2. The average U.S. citizen has lost their voice to the affluent with money and power.
3. Voters are disenfranchised from the party system. The rise of “independents” has simply defined what people are not, but has struggled to bring clarity to who they are.

We are building solutions to these problems. Learn more at benswann.com...

Ask Me Anything!

************************************************************************************************************************************************
admin note: We are thrilled to welcome Ben Swann as our invited guest to interact with our membership and inform our readers. Please note the "invited guest" status and extend every courtesy to Ben in recognition of his generosity with his time.

Please try to limit your questions to one per post to make it easier for Ben to answer and give your fellow members a fair chance at getting their questions answered too.

Ben will be doing his best to answer questions in the order they are asked, please do not ask why he hasn't answered your question yet, it clutters the thread and distracts from the topics being discussed. Patience is a virtue and if your question is a good one it will most likely be answered when Ben can get to it.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Springer because: Added notice of authenticity

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BenSwann

Hi Ben, thanks for taking the time to hang out with us here at ATS.

In your opinion, what do you believe was the most important covered up news story in the last few years?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Nice to have you...

Murdock was busted hacking people's emails and phone messages ect...

I have a feeling the same practice was used in the US but nobody would touch the story...

Did they? Or.... Are they ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hi Mr Swann,
welcome to our little world of skepticism.

My question is a 2-part one: Of the mainstream outlets (MSNBC, Fox, CNN, Reuters, HuffPost, BBC, PBS, NPR) WHICH do you think is MOST PROFESSIONAL AND BALANCED? (My current opinion: Reuters or NPR)

And; of the independent outlets, which do you feel is ALSO the most balanced and professional? (my current opinion: Consortium News, but, I don't know ALL of the available sites - would like your recommendation...obviously you'd recommend your own, but aside from yours, which previously existing one?)

edit on 9-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

ALSO, WHICH ARE THE WORST?
edit on 9-9-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hi Mr.Benswann..welcome to most powerful website on earth..

The average U.S. citizen has lost their voice to the affluent with money and power

with money and power?? not by drone?
how so think about Mr.Obama and his drone?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What are you working on right now?

Why do you think "they" are talking about Syria so much? Honestly, when I see a "shadow government" panel on meet the press talking strategy on Syria, I think, there has got to be some other reason than what it seems, to be talking about something so openly about something that usually is very covert.

What's the word on your street for the economy?

I just woke up, so these might be dumb questions.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Good Morning, Ben. Why do you feel sites such as ATS are good platforms for you to get your message out? Would you be willing to do an interview on one of the ATS live radio shows?

Welcome to ATS.

Des

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hello mr. Swann. I'm John Skieswanne, pleased to meet you. Welcome on this board.

I would like to ask you why "independent" journalism is so bent on attacking certain parts of the US government. It seems to me that more than ever, the american people is actually encouraged to rise against their government, exactly like Karl Marx suggested.

This is a quote from a thread I posted months ago:

To which I must come to this conclusion: if armed revolution based on a might makes right mindset is bound to get wrong in a modern world class country, why does media, in this very country, still promotes it (see movies "Hunger Game", "Revolution", "the Purge")? Anarcho-primitivism, satanism, eugenics, etc, all share this common mindset and are all heavily promoted through media. What if the next revolution in such countries was actually already planned out by the cryptocracy, the next cryptocratic leader already selected, and with the straightforward goal of replacing current independent governments in our world by their idea of a government? Maybe this cryptocracy wants people to be their dispensable army? And thus these people's revolutions will bring not a dawn of light and independent equality; but a mafia-like power, ushering an era of complete globalist darkness instead?

A friend of mine once told me, talking about satanism but it applies to revolution also:

"But you see, the thing about 'eye for an eye, and tooth for a tooth', is that in the end it leaves everyone blind and toothless! "

Those of you who are warmongers are no better than the warmongers you criticize. At the end, the true revolution is in the minds... in the concepts you let take hold of you.

Why revolt? Especially if revolt will damage the government and allow for instance highly-oganized mafia to take its place? That's how sicilian mafia actually came into existence, anyone can check their history. Isn't Revolution trading a lesser evil for a greater evil? I would humbly ask you about your thoughts on this matter.

edit on 9-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Welcome sir!!

How much influence does Government really have in reporting the "News"

I there a ministry of information and who would be the controlling influences.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Do people in the MSM ever look into the stories that the alternate media talk about?
Use them as sources? Or just look at to see what other people say about a subject?

There have been a few times that a thread would be a matter of discussion here on a
subject not usually found in the MSM .. and then I'd see FOX or CNN talking about it.

link   
Do news program purposely misdirect viewers from certain events? Or is it that they are after the most popular events to get more rating?

Have you ever been in a position or know a situation where a misdirection has happened?
edit on 9/9/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   

Welcome aboard...two words:
Syria. Scam?

link   

Hello Mr Swann, Welcome to ATS and thank you for agreeing to share this AMA with us !!

I am Canadian and was once interviewed by a local journalist about my political stance. When the paper came out, I was shocked to find out that they had done so much editing on my answers that what perspired was far (no, actually, very very far) from what I was trying to convey...so my question is this:

As a journalist, are you aware if any of your co-workers have done anything similar, to alter the truth. Willingfully or not. If not, do you know if it's a common occurrence?

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It appears your website is taking the approach of how the news attacks constitutional rights. Love seeing that. Do you see yourself becoming like Glenn Beck or the like? I know a lot of people have issues with these media figureheads because they are so outspoken. I find more positive than negative but how will you protect yourself from labels of conspiracy theorist or extremist?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hello Mr. Swann,

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and answer some questions.

I actually just recently watched your informative video, linked below for other members:

Thank you in advance for any response to the following questions:

1. Do you believe that perceived terrorist organizations are participating on both sides of the Syrian conflict?

2. In your opinion, how actively are mainstream media, specifically western media, trying to spin news coverage, if at all, with regards to Syria or in general.

3. Do you have any advise on how we, the public, can be more aware and to effectively sift through the multitude of news sources to allow us to be as critical and informed as possible? Do you recommend any particular news sources or specific means of news dissemination?

edit on 9-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Hello Mr. Swann, thank you for your time to be with us.

Is there a practice in journalism on article ordering? Say, I give the editor a certain amount of money for him to publish an article about me.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Never mind. Clicking the link answered my questions. D'oh!

Thank you for taking the time to address us here.
edit on 9-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: I'm a Dawg, no opposable thunbs.

edit on 9-9-2013 by TDawgRex because: Asking before looking.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Thank you Ben for joining us on ATS. I have followed all of your videos. I agree with you that there should be more truth in media. I loved your video where you confronted the President!

I have been to your website, and I just want you to know that there are people out here really paying attention to what you are doing.

I just have to complement you on raising a lot of issues that don't commonly get raised in the MSM today. Thanks for everything you've done, and we want to see more in the future.

Are you planning on covering the Syria issue in person if it gets badly out of hand? The majority of America and the majority of the rest of the world don't seem to support this war.

I think it would take a lot of bravery, but it could make a huge difference if there was a little truth and hard-hitting facts coming out of Syria. Even if you cannot, we very much appreciate what you are doing/have done!

edit on 9/9/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

WELCOME Ben!

I live in Cincinnati and have watched you for a long time and have followed your Truth In Media Project as well. I don't have a question at this time, I just want to Thank You for taking the time to answer our questions.

Welcome to ATS!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join