It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Is Ben Swann and I left Fox 19 to Bring Truth To Media, Ask Me Anything

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Ben,

Thanks for sharing your time with us here on ATS.

Obviously many of us are sick of the media's current MO, but.....

Don't you think that we as a society need to stop playing the victim mentality, and take more responsibility for our own actions and the world we live in by increased awareness?

It appears that many people still take bogus news as truth.

We are all part of the machine, granted there are people at top of the pyramid, but it takes many people that believe, and support the current MO to keep in going.

So how would you change peoples minds being an independent news source?

Peace,

RT
edit on 9-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
First things first, thanks for coming to the land of us crazies. Do you feel like you have hit a "nerve" with the US governement? If so, do you fear for your safety?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

edit on 9-9-2013 by swanne because: Never mind. Here is not the place.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I have not seen an intentional misdirection but there is a great deal of misunderstanding what the public is interested in. I can tell you that many new executives believe that the public is very interested in the royal baby when 10's of millions could care less. and yet so many news sources will cover that story while ignoring many very important stories.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

one word... yes

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BenSwann

Your name may be Ben Swann but I'm telling you, you're seeming to be quite the Salmon like myself. Always returning to that stream to battle uphill until we find the right spot to lay the eggs of knowledge?

A sort of agrarian sowing the Seeds of critical thinking for tomorrow's Harvest?

Milling down the Media's BS so that you can bake the 'Golden Bread of Enlightenment'?

Untying that "Knot of Lies" and weaving a 'Fleece of Truth' to keep us warm in this dark cold winter?

Actual Questions since I guess I am suppose to ask(?) :
How long have you known about ATS? Have you been reading the website over the past years?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

it does happen often but not necessarily because the goal is to change the meaning of what you have said, rather many times the reporter will go into the story knowing what "side" and answers to questions they are expecting from you. if your answers have a different meaning from what the reporter wanted to hear, the meaning of your answers are changed to "fit" the story. it is not honest journalism and it happens far too often.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Hello Mr Swann,
Truth and media are somewhat of an oxymoron these days. Knowing that and knowing that you were on the inside, can you say if you were ever told what to report and how to report it from "management" in a way that was dishonest to the public?

Thanks for your time.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Our goal is to cover stories in a fearless way. that means we will have to cover stories that some label "conspiracies" and that has already created difficulty in the past. The best thing we can do is to demonstrate journalistic process and be able to source the content we are putting out. we know there will be attempts to smear us, there already have been. i guess it comes with the territory.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

The media has been complicit to go along with government claims on Syria for 2 years but only recently, again because of alternative media, have been forced to discuss al qaeda in syria at all. Certainly the issue in Syria is very serious and while Assad may not be a good leader to his nation (I am only assuming this because I have never lived in Syria) but by creating another destabilized nation, we only stand to create more violence and enemies around the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
We love you around here Ben. WELCOME!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
mr swann thank you for gracing a.t.s and for your stand on truth in the media .

my question is what do you think of stories about sandy hook and the syrian gas attack being reported on media sites before they happened

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You sound like you've never read the many quotes from the evil elite globalist oligarchy such as those listed here:

twoday.net...

twga...

eg

22. "In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. "An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers." U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917

129."It's terrible to have to say this. World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day" Jacques-Yves Cousteau, oceanographer and humanist, The UNESCO Courier, Nov. 1991, page 13

130."The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential...There are many ways to make the death rate Increase." Robert McNamara, Secretary of Defense, New Solidarity, March 30, 1981

Are you REALLY not THAT aware of the globalist oligarchy running things?

Color me skeptical that you are that uninformed. Perhaps you are pulling your punches to be more hearable by the sleep-walking masses?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hello Ben, thank you for taking the time out to answer questions, tis much appreciated.

1. To what extent is an overall agenda in MSM apparent to the people that work within that 'industry'?

2. How rigorously are certain subjects or topics untouched or skimmed over, to keep a general low level of attention paid to said event/news item/information.

3. Lastly, how have you been perceived and been treated by friends, other people within media etc, since you decided to change directions in how you present information and the depth of information presented?

Thank you for your time,

The 5th
edit on 9-9-2013 by The 5th because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenSwann
reply to post by swanne

Attacking government really shouldn't be the goal (though I will agree that there seems to be that tendency) The real issue is restoring power to the people in a constitutional republic. That is the design of our governmental system. I and many others have no interest in tearing down the republic, but restoring it.

This is a great comment. How does the public go about restoring the US, the constitution and its leaders without tearing it down first?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Awesome. You get a lot of play around here and I always enjoy your segments and look forward to more.

If you're hiring, I worked for my colleges news show in broadcast journalism. I'm young and hip to the truth.

Good luck on your current project. You definitely have timing on your side.
edit on 9-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hi Ben, one more quick question. Below are a couple of videos that show evidence that the mainstream media is scripted propaganda. Who is writing the script? Someone in the media has enough power to make all the talking heads say the exact same thing over and over. Is that not a conspiracy? Thanks!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by InFriNiTee

I would love to do so... but that may take a crowdsourced effort to make that happen. Getting a crew into and out of Syria would not be easy or cheap

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hey Ben,

First off, thanks for being a big help in exposing the lies and corruption to apathetic citizens.
You sir, are doing what ALL journalists should be doing, to fight the good fight.
I thank you for your efforts and enjoy you work.

Ok my only real question pertains to who controls the media itself. You have been there, you have seen the ladder rungs, so to speak, and probably have experience getting stories to the editor only to have them change the subject completely or just toss it out. I'd imagine you would, after time, know what you could or couldn't write about. Whereas I have beliefs that only a handful of men own/run the entire media empire, I'd like to know what your take is on the structure of control at the big networks. In other words...

Who do you think is running the show?

Sincerely,
havok

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

not that i am aware of BUT in TV there is a growing trend of only using advertisers as "experts" in stories. This allows news stories to be done on any variety of subjects (some of which are pitched by the advertiser) and the station using the "expert" from the business in order to give additional advertising.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join