It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain sent poison gas chemicals to Assad: Proof that the UK delivered Sarin agent to Syrian regime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

In the whole world, Syria is your greatest concern?
reply to post by PrincessTofu

No, that would be my family. However, regarding worldwide events, yes Syria is pretty high up there

Possibly the Al Qaeda rebels that will take over if the regime is disbanded. That would be a concern.

Is Al Qaeda a lesser evil than what they have now?

Well they have been caught, beheading, torturing, ripping hearts out, caught with sarin in Turkey, are very brainwashed and coldblooded in my opinion. Although the regime has many many bad points .at least they wanted to keep the country secular.
So yes Al Qaeda in charge would be a lot worse.

Is Al Qaeda a lesser evil than what they have now? Or would you go in, kill the majority of the county, put little uniforms on them and shove Christianity down their throats?

What is your great answer?

I dont think we should go in, if you had read my above posts you would see that. Certainly should not convert people to christianity. The UN needs to help resolve this. Those responsible for war crimes need to be captured, put on trial and real democratic elections need to be held. The country needs to remain secular ,so all can live in peace.
It is not up to the USA to sort this problem out. It is up to the people of Syria to root out the extremists and resolve their own issues. By supplying arms and other materials to one side the west has really messed things up. For what?? Yes ,thats right ,their own political agenda.

I'm not getting how selling ingredients to a company that you outsource to and buy product back from is a scandal.

The chemicals may ,or may not of been used for something untoward. They may of been used by the Regime, or the Rebels. We just dont know. However, what we do know is the Daily Mail has painted it like the Assad Regime is responsible.

I think bombing a bunch of innocent people because you're bored and want something to watch on tv isn't a good plan.

I agree, and I do not own a tv. However ,whoever ordered and carried out this attack needs to be tried in a court of law. Ideally the Hague ,and let the full power of international law deal with them.

Regards, and lets hope the USA and others do not attack
edit on 8-9-2013 by maythetruthbeknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So can you prove that the Syrians used it for making nerve gas?

The chemical in question, sodium floride, has many other uses. The most prevelant use is in tootpaste. and cleaning preparations for teeth as well as flouridation of water to prevent toot decay.

Also used in metallurgy and in production of flourocarbons

Fluoride salts are used to enhance the strength of teeth by the formation of fluorapatite, a naturally occurring component of tooth enamel. Although sodium fluoride is also used to fluoridate water and, indeed, is the standard by which other water-fluoridation compounds are gauged, hexafluorosilicic acid (H2SiF6) and its salt sodium hexafluorosilicate (Na2SiF6) are more commonly used additives in the U.S Toothpaste often contains sodium fluoride to prevent cavities. Alternatively, sodium fluoride is used as a cleaning agent (e.g., as a "laundry sour") A variety of specialty chemical applications exist in synthesis and extractive metallurgy. It reacts with electrophilic chlorides including acyl chlorides, sulfur chlorides, and phosphorus chloride.[Like other fluorides, sodium fluoride finds use in desilylation in organic synthesis. The fluoride is the reagent for the synthesis of fluorocarbons

en.wikipedia.org...

So unless can be directly traced to manufacture of nerve gas is just another sensational and inaccurate media
story to sell papers........

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Oh yes, like Wikipedia is the final word on the truth! And you chide me on 'fanatical unthinking'.

Yep - becvause clearly in this case wiki has moer "knowledge" than you - did you bother to look at the list of uses for sodium fluoride that is in there, or did you just see "wiki" and burst into invective??

Want to learn more on the Nazi connection to fluoride? Google Charles Perkins. That will get you started.

I did some time ago.

There is actually no credible evidence that fluoride was used in any concentration camps at all.

The sole source of the story was Charles Perkins - so Who was Charles Perkins and where did he get his info?

There is a claim he was sent by the US Govt to take charge of I.G. Faben after WW2 - but Perkins himself makes no actual mention of any connection with I. G. Faben in his book - an odd omission since it would be quite an important association to establish his credentials, and neither he nor fluoride rate any mention in "The Crime and Punishment of IG Farben".

Also I.G. Farbin had it's own war trial - the records are available online & I see no mention of Perkins or Fluoride in them - but they are very long - it's entirely possible I missed it so please feel free to point them out if you find any.

his failure to provide any documented link is analysed here.

Others have looked for evidence to support the claim - eg this forum discussion from 2009, and this one - AFAIK no-one has actually found any.

Y'know, the funniest thing about this whole Syrian thing, is that we are acting all disgusted with these gas attacks.. yet the main ingredient in the sarin is the SAME PRODUCT WE BRUSH OUR TEETH WITH EVERYDAY!!

It's not the main ingredient of sarin - the main ingredient of sarin is hydrogen, followed by carbon and oxygen. Phosphorous and fluorine are equal last.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Firstly I'm British and this doesn't shock me at all. all governments help all others and then when they want extra oil or need something that the other doesn't want to share they go in for the attack but aside from that, you do know that Sodium fluoride is used for a dozen different things from RAT POISON, to TOOTH PASTE, again not saying this didn't happen because it most likely did but still it is used for other things other than chemical weapons.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
They sold sodium flouride and potassium fluoride

Following last week’s outrage that export licenses had been approved by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) in 2012 – for which the government denied any actual handing over of chemicals –

it has now come to light that firms did, however, sell chemicals for use in ‘cosmetics and healthcare products’ between 2004 and 2010.

Five licenses were given to two firms in July 2004, September 2005, March 2007, February 2009 and May 2010, in which sodium fluoride and potassium fluoride – believed by scientists to be key ingredients of poisonous gas, sarin – was sold to Syria.

The story sounds plausible because somebody supplied the ingredients.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Semantics. Well aren't you the big boy eh.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hi guys, I'm new on the forum.

Just want to post a news that is being blurred on the US (I'm italian).
Yesterday two journalists were released on Syria after 5 months of imprisonment. Both already released some great news for who is doubting about the crusade against Assad.
The first, Domenico Quirico, said he went on Syria to describe a "laic revolution" and became shocked when he understood that the "good guys" are in fact the "bad guys". He described how a bunch of rebels treated both like slaves.
But the second journalist, Pierre Piccinin, had an even great news. He said they caught a conversation between the rebels that confirmed that was NOT Assad to have used chemical weapons.

I still hardly can find a news in english talking about that.

This is a link in italian instead: www.ansa.it... ie/rubriche/mondo/2013/09/09/Quirico-finisce-incubo-giornalista-torna-casa-_9267269.html
edit on 9-9-2013 by kaypacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

RiotComing

Originally posted by Dark Vengeance
Sodium Fluoride is used for lots of legit reasons.

There are NO legit reasons to use sodium fluoride. If you disagree, then you are brainwashed by the propaganda (with its roots in Nazi concentration camps) which enables the vast majority of the population to be continuously poisoned on a 24/7 basis. Blockage of the pineal gland being one of the esoteric symptoms that many are unaware of. The Nazis were able to prove that fluoride made their captives docile. It also proved to be a perfect method of profiting from the waste byproduct of aluminium once that industry boomed in the 60s, 70s and 80s. And to have this poison infused in our toothpaste and have dentists tell us it is good for us - and placed in our drinking water - is the ultimate mind-trip inflicted on humankind.

There is NOTHING good about fluoride. Nothing.
edit on 8-9-2013 by RiotComing because: (no reason given)

Then I guess I'm brainwashed, you being the expert and all that stating that there is no legitimate use for sodium fluoride - Of course the legit use comment in my post was in the context that sodium fluoride can be used for many things not all of which are recognised as chemical agents. I'm sure you realised that when you read my whole post.

Pass me another sheet from the Daily Mail, I need to rid myself of a cling on...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

What is "semantics" about pointing out the multiple perfectly legitimate uses of sodium fluoride in response to a claim that there is no legitimate use for it whatsoever??

Or that het claim that fluoride was used by the Nazi's has no actual evidence for it?

Or that fluoride is not actually the main chemical ingredient in Sarin??

They each seem like perfectly reasonable factual comments in response to claims that are not true - are you opposed to the truth? Do you think that incorrect information should be allowed to remain uncorrected?

Do you realise that the motto of this place is DENY ignorance - not demonstrate it??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join