It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Congressman - Obama Manipulated Syria Intel - Doctored Evidence - Blocking Investigations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

And yet it appears that the public presentation of the Syria evidence will be limited.
Instead of the theater of Mr. Powell’s 2003 speech — which included satellite photographs, scratchy recordings of conversations between Iraqi officials and a vial of white powder meant to symbolize anthrax — American officials said the intelligence assessment they are preparing to make public will be similar to a modest news release that the White House issued in June to announce that the Assad government had used chemical weapons “on a small scale against the opposition multiple times in the last year.”...

www.nytimes.com...

Let's see now... Didn't I read something about the latest iteration of the NDAA killing both the Smith Mundt Act and the Foreign Relations Authorization Act of 1987?

Ah, yes. Here it is; compliments of our old friend Mr. Michael Hastings:

NDAA Amendment Would Legalize War Propaganda

...Michael Hastings reports at BuzzFeed that an amendment has been inserted into the latest version of the NDAA that would nullify the Smith-Mundt Act of 1948 and Foreign Relations Authorization Act in 1987, both of which ban domestic propaganda. It is being sponsored by Rep. Mac Thornberry from Texas and Rep. Adam Smith from Washington State.

And, from the Buzzfeed article:

Congressmen Seek to Lift Propaganda Ban

The new law would give sweeping powers to the government to push television, radio, newspaper, and social media onto the U.S. public. "It removes the protection for Americans," says a Pentagon official who is concerned about the law. "It removes oversight from the people who want to put out this information. There are no checks and balances. No one knows if the information is accurate, partially accurate, or entirely false."

What a coincidence. Wonder if there's any connection....?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Thank you for the reminder on that. I know we discussed it on threads here at the time it came up for that propaganda issue, but I hadn't made the mental connection. You're absolutely correct though. Much of what we're seeing could not only be fabricated, in THAT context, but done legally now too. Oh Dandy...

Basically, in how it would be used here (if that's what this has been), it just gave him permission to do openly and at a G-20 Podium, the type of lying and deception (propaganda) which normally had to be restricted to narrow and targeted delivery, lest it hit US citizens equally.

So... damn... Everything being said by our side about this chem attack could LEGALLY be false. I hadn't even thought about that.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
So... damn... Everything being said by our side about this chem attack could LEGALLY be false. I hadn't even thought about that.

Big thumbs up to Ex_CT2.

And for wrabbit's very chilling and pertinent point above.

We're legally lied to and manipulated in our own living rooms while the politicos are brainwashed behind the scenes by psyop adepts.

The following is another great bit of investigative reporting from the late great Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone. They've got it covered across the board:

McCain and his PSYOP Handler

The U.S. Army illegally ordered a team of soldiers specializing in "psychological operations" to manipulate visiting American senators into providing more troops and funding for the war, Rolling Stone has learned – and when an officer tried to stop the operation, he was railroaded by military investigators…

…"My job in psy-ops is to play with people’s heads, to get the enemy to behave the way we want them to behave," says Lt. Colonel Michael Holmes, the leader of the IO unit, who received an official reprimand after bucking orders. "I’m prohibited from doing that to our own people. When you ask me to try to use these skills on senators and congressman, you’re crossing a line."...

...Those singled out in the campaign included senators John McCain, Joe Lieberman, Jack Reed, Al Franken and Carl Levin; Rep. Steve Israel of the House Appropriations Committee; Adm. Mike Mullen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; the Czech ambassador to Afghanistan; the German interior minister, and a host of influential think-tank analysts.

www.rollingstone.com...

edit on 6-9-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok now for the damning evidence.. I have read in numerous articles that the intercepted phone call indicated that the Assad regime was responsible. While others that have seen the non doctored transcript say that the regime expressed surprise. If they were behind it then why were they clueless until it happened? Here is exactly what was in the intel that is bringing the US to war.

This is a pay site, but you get 8 free articles a month I believe...

Last Wednesday, in the hours after a horrific chemical attack east of Damascus, an official at the Syrian Ministry of Defense exchanged panicked phone calls with a leader of a chemical weapons unit, demanding answers for a nerve agent strike that killed more than 1,000 people

The report also leaves out the fact that some chemical experts claim the videos of the treatment of the victims and their condition indicate that whatever chemical was used, it was unlikely to be the weapons grade sarin that Assad has in his stockpiles.

Exclusive: Intercepted Calls Prove Syrian Army Used Nerve Gas, U.S. Spies Say

Now in the multiple articles I have read, the accused leader was later found to have all weapons intact.

So does this qualify the US in killing innocent Syrian civilians? You tell me.

Well this is it folks your "smoking gun"....

edit on 6-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Now obviously they shouldn't have chemical weapons in the first place. I honestly feel that if it wasn't the rebels that someone in the Syria defense department went Rambo. Right now Obama is seriously considering laying off. Now what some congressmen have suggested makes total sense.

President Barack Obama hinted Friday that he might not strike Syria if Congress rejects his authorization request. “I’m not itching for military action… and if there are good ideas that are worth pursuing, then I’m going to be open to them,” he told one reporter who asked if he was seeking alternatives to a missile strike.

“Some in Congress have suggested giving the Syrian regime 45 days to sign the Chemical Weapons Convention, get rid of its chemical stockpiles, do something that would enhance the international sense of accountability for Syria, but delay military action,” the reporter asked. “I am listening to all these ideas, and some of them are constructive,” he said.

Obama hints he may abandon Syria strike

But I seriously do have an issue with, "might not". Once congress denies military action, Obama shouldn't even be considering going vigilante. Case closed...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There are cooler heads out there who have suggested diplomacy in the past. Unfortunately, diplomacy "doesn't feed the bulldog," as they say. There are those behind the throne who want to be free to do to Syria what they've been doing to.... well, the rest of the ME. And I think we can reasonably infer that they're not very happy right now.

I can only think that TPTB behind the puppet are getting a little nervous. They don't like all this attention. The fact that it's become very wide public knowledge that an extremely tiny fraction of the American people are buying any of this—that's not good, in their worldview. So I think they're allowing him to gradually backstep out of this. While at the same time leaving the implication that Assad was responsible for this atrocity. And all options still on the table for later developments.

In other words: I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope on the diplomacy front....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Click Below Here For The US's Evidence For War

Official Document

Link to actual evidence report - U.S. Government Assessment of the Syrian Government’s

Thanks!
edit on 6-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Something from the original post in this thread.

He points to an article published by The Daily Caller that alleges the communications actually showed Syrian officers were surprised by the alleged chemical weapon attack. The communications, according to unnamed sources paraphrased in article, were intercepted by Israeli intelligence and "doctored so that it leads a reader to just the opposite conclusion."

Grayson is using information from Dick Cheney's former adviser as proof?

en.wikipedia.org...

The Daily Caller is a news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C., United States. Founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, The Daily Caller launched on January 11, 2010. In late 2012, it was reported that the site had quadrupled its page view and total audience and had become profitable without ever buying an advertisement for itself.

So don't listen to Obama listen to Dick Cheney's adviser.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

No you look at all the countless sources that I have provided, including thecable.foreignpolicy.com Let me suggest first reading the 4 pages of unsubstantiated and one sided "evidence" the US has presented. And, as it stands right now, congress has no more information than you or I.

To be honest if they want to go to war, I feel the American citizens should be fully informed, let alone our congressmen. So until then, screw them.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Strange thing is the same reason they don't like what is going on with Syria right now is because it is being done through GCTF.Org the same place that was behind Egypt and Libya. They don't like the US teaming up with Turkey at the GCTF to do what Israel and NATO should do in there eyes. Besides Hillary created GCTF it must be Communist/Liberal/What ever else you can think of.

www.thegctf.org...

And I don't even like the GCTF.

What crazy BS is the new GCTF "Global Counterterrorism Forum"?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 6-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So don't listen to Obama listen to Dick Cheney's adviser.

I saw an interview today with Rumsfeld, in which he basically said, paraphrase, "this is a different culture, different people, with a different language, you can't just (want/expect) to go in and change that as you see fit..."

Oh, really Rummy? Like you weren't a foaming mouthpiece in line to help "spread democracy" in model of the west to Iraq?

I mean, really? I mean REALLY? You POS.

You think we really buy your BS?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

And another thing, please don't derail and trash this thread. The secondary article that was quoted and linked by me was written by Kenneth Timmerman, an excellent investigative reporter.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You mean the guy who works with Daniel Pipes? What a joke.

en.wikipedia.org...

Among the analysts that are part of the Wikstrat are Richard Weitz, Daniel Pipes, Walid Phares, Parag Khanna, Kenneth R. Timmerman, Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, Shaukat Qadir, James Joyner, James C. Bennett, Leon Hadar, Michael Rubin, Mark Galeotti and Anne-Marie Slaughter

en.wikipedia.org...

Allegations against Barack Obama[edit source | editbeta]

Pipes has written many articles to establish that Barack Obama was a former Muslim.[49] He alleged that Obama falsely claims that he had never been a Muslim, and that "the campaign appears to be either ignorant or fabricating when it states that Obama never prayed in a mosque."[50] Pipes wrote an article for FrontPage Magazine entitled "Confirmed: Barack Obama Practiced Islam." According to Pipes, "this matters" because Democratic presidential candidate Obama "is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed", and as president this would have "large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world."[51] The progressive[52] media watchdog group Media Matters for America described Pipes' article as promoting a "falsehood".[53] Ben Smith, in an article on The Politico responded to these accusations claiming that they amounted to a "template for a faux-legitimate assault on Obama's religion" and that Daniel Pipes' work "is pretty stunning in the twists of its logic".[54]
On a program on the Fox News Network, Pipes claimed that scholar Rashid Khalidi was an employee of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, at the time when the United States government designated the PLO as a 'terrorist organization', and that Barack Obama had alleged "financial ties" with Khalidi and that Khalidi hosted a fundraiser for Obama.[55]

Dod you see that one part? "According to Pipes, "this matters" because Democratic presidential candidate Obama "is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed", and as president this would have "large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world."

Don't think he said that? Go to his site where he posted it.

www.danielpipes.org...

All this matters, for if Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed. Were he elected president of the United States, this status, clearly, would have large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world.

Oh but Kenny is great. Well he has some screwed up friends.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yet you continue. First the website was bunk according to you, and now the article author also. Did you not read that the secondary link in my thread got their info from another source? So what now, you will run off and try to discredit them also? You have managed to trash my thread, what is your goal for doing this? Obviously this info must have hit a nerve somewhere....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Do you know these are the guys Bush used to push Islamophobia to get support for the war in Iraq? And you quote them as if we should listen to them. How did Iraq go? This is all because Obama is not doing this the way Israel wants him to. Obama decided to team up with Turkey at the GCTF to do this. Not NATO France Germany Israel and so on.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Good thread. Nothing like copying the modus operandi of the Iraq dupe-dumb is there? Make some claim, assign blame and in the next breath announce a military operation. Woo, dizzy stuff. And totally insane.

The glaring contrast of course is that President Kennedy whom Obummer likes to model himself after, provided good evidence to the people before taking action. See evidence here

edit on 6-9-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
There are more bad news for war mongers, everything is made up . Kerry was telling they had clear evidence, looks like our intelligence failed again, just like Iraq.

This is just in :

Direct link between Assad and gas attack elusive for U.S.

With the United States threatening to attack Syria, U.S. and allied intelligence services are still trying to work out who ordered the poison gas attack on rebel-held neighborhoods near Damascus.

No direct link to President Bashar al-Assad or his inner circle has been publicly demonstrated, and some U.S. sources say intelligence experts are not sure whether the Syrian leader knew of the attack before it was launched or was only informed about it afterward.

edit on 6-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VimanaExplorer

That tells me Syria knows the proof is there they did it but now saying my troops did not get the orders from me. Try to prove it. It is his army.
edit on 6-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join