It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Congressman - Obama Manipulated Syria Intel - Doctored Evidence - Blocking Investigations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Rep. Alan Grayson, D-Fla. has accused the Obama admin of manipulating intelligence on Syria to push for involvement in Syria. According to Grayson, the intelligence briefings provided to congress has not provided one shred of evidence. In fact, the communications prove exactly the opposite, that Assad's officers were surprised by the chemical attack. In fact, according to the New York Times, the White House is backing off their smoking gun claim.

What I find compelling here is that a democratic congressman is also suspicious of this administrations actions. You should read everything that I have presented here since it is all important. And I will be looking for more.

Members of Congress are "not being given any of the underlying elements of the intelligence reports," according to Grayson. He's not sure if the information will come before the votes on a proposed strike next week.

The anti-war Democrat said there are other examples of intelligence he believes has been manipulated to favor war.

The four-page White House report on the alleged attack is no more than "a briefing paper with arguments in favor of attacking Syria" that "doesn't present both sides of the issue," Grayson said. "The administration wants to flood the zone by excluding other information or points of view," he alleged. "I think that it is interesting that the administration consistently refers to Assad doing this and Assad doing that and Assad doing the other thing without giving the public any evidence to support the proposition that Assad has done anything."

He points to an article published by The Daily Caller that alleges the communications actually showed Syrian officers were surprised by the alleged chemical weapon attack. The communications, according to unnamed sources paraphrased in article, were intercepted by Israeli intelligence and "doctored so that it leads a reader to just the opposite conclusion."

Washington Whispers Rep. Alan Grayson: Syria Intelligence Manipulated

In this video Grayson questions the defense secretary, Chuck Hagel, about this. Please watch at the 3 min 45 second mark: But the entire video is pertinent if you have the time. According to Grayson, the majority of the Syrian people don't want, "saved" by the US.

Here is the article pertaining to this manipulated evidence that is leading our country to attack another and killing innocent civilians. In fact the White house has gone to great lengths to block finding out the truth. The UN was in Syria investigating the previous chemical attack when this happened. And they decided to redirect their energies to investigating the fresh attack. But, the White house told the UN to back off the investigation.

According to Monday’s Wall Street Journal, a senior administration official called UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon before the inspectors ever left Damascus, “telling him the inspection mission was pointless and no longer safe.”

The White House has gone to great lengths to shut down any independent investigation of the facts.

And here is some more information on the doctoring of the evidence by the White House:

The Obama administration has selectively used intelligence to justify military strikes on Syria, former military officers with access to the original intelligence reports say, in a manner that goes far beyond what critics charged the Bush administration of doing in the run-up to the 2003 Iraq war.

According to these officers, who served in top positions in the United States, Britain, France, Israel, and Jordan, a Syrian military communication intercepted by Israel’s famed Unit 8200 electronic intelligence outfit has been doctored so that it leads a reader to just the opposite conclusion reached by the original report.

The New York Times reported this morning that the White House is now backing off its claims to have a “smoking gun that directly links President Bashar al-Assad to the attack.”

Verify chemical weapons use before unleashing the dogs of war

edit on 6-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Well didn't Hagel look like a deer caught in the headlights when he was asked that question at the 3:45 mark of the video.

I am so glad to see that some politicians, whether for moral motivations or not, are trying to expose or clarify this supposed evidence.

Or is the truth Classified, classified and more classified ???

edit on 6-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There is too much info running together. At this link you will find the 4 page report that I referenced above. Which basically says they did this and that. But like Grayson asked Hagel in the video I provided, can't we have some proof? Where as Hagel replied, "I am not aware of this administration misleading the public on this issue or any other issue."

Click Below Here For The US's Evidence For War

Official Document

Link to actual evidence report - U.S. Government Assessment of the Syrian Government’s

To conclude, there is a substantial body of information that implicates the Syrian government’sresponsibility in the chemical weapons attack that took place on August 21. As indicated, there isadditional intelligence that remains classified because of sources and methods concerns that is being provided to Congress and international partners

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

""I am not aware of this administration misleading the public on this issue or any other issue. "?

Shall we begin alphabetically or chronologically

The really think that the fluoridated public water has turned our short term memory into mush...

edit on 6-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Actually that was a misquote. I was remembering that from another video. But I just placed the correct one there instead. Sorry.

PS. There is a ton of info swimming in my head over this, and it got temporarily jumbled.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Haha my comment still works!

I revised the quote.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Is nothing new, Bush did the same to be able to get into Iraq, what it surprises me the most is how Bush got away with it, but Obama own people are turning against him.

I can debate as why but it will just be a conspiracy until proved different.

But this something that we have debate here, Obama is doing what he is told to do, he is told to push for war by the warmongers profiteers and that is what he is doing, just following the masters.

Still his own people turning around on him is something very interesting and surprising.

edit on 6-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

They can have all the reports they want, but remember Congress is too busy to read this days, the love to pass laws, bills and whatever because their benefactors and masters tell them so hey it doesn't matter what the reports have is about approving whatever.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Maybe, just maybe the American public isn't open to being duped a second time (Iraq war). They can also see that Obama is not any different (actually worse), than Bush.

I have something VERY important I am still looking for. Wish me luck!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Great thread. I am going to email Grayson (as soon as I am done typing) and thank him for being one of the few people we elected that has the balls to question the liars in charge and call them out.

The arrogance of Hagel, the fake military man. Pin him to a wall with one arm/hand to the neck and squeeze til his head pops.

The are getting more desperate by the minute.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Status quo. The information classification system certainly needs some adjustments. That is the logical first step in righting this ship.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I agree the people are no as gullible as before and we most remember that we turned very patriotic after 9/11 and even I that research into anything was all for taking out the criminals, then I realized how everything was and all the lies.

People are more aware of how our government works this days and who truly call the shots.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Thanks for the links, Elouina. Grayson always asks the questions that I would ask, I swear. Love his question at the 3:20ish mark about whether there would be an appropriations request relating to the proposed military action. Such a request would most likely take place and would potentially fall outside of the sequester.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Great op!
Grayson is on the money, right now he and Paul are leading the charge to derail this depraved march to war.

Finally we get push back to the main LIE that there is evidence that the Syrian regime is guilty without a doubt. This is the big lie in the Obama/Kerry/McCain war scam that the MSM talk about as if it is established fact.

The 3 main MSM networks may slowly come around to some truth if Grayson and Paul lead the way. Although I am not a Paul fan, though I always respected Grayson, I will get behind them 1000 percent on this issue.

Grayson or Paul should get Obama’s Nobel peace Prize

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well how dare he! Lets see what this evil doer of a President has done here, eh?

# 1. There have now been two, count'em, two chem attacks that are at best? Possibly done by the Rebels. At worst? It'll be proven beyond all doubt. (Staging of events or allowing events to run their course, despite the evil that causes)

# 2. Numerous references to a "With us or against us" attitude ranging from dissident protesters to other national leaders. What hasn't been said by the President himself, has by people who speak on his behalf and with his authority. (Polarizing the public to support the end goal)

# 3. Secret sources for secret reports about secret details to what has become an attack our kid's kids will be reading about, along side the Iraqi Kurd, for generations to come. Nothing secret here except Who and why. (Intelligence SO critical we must act now, like a late night infomercial..but also TOO secret to tell us more)

# 4. Last but not least to come as this progresses, I'm sure? A growing chorus of claims from people who ought to be supporting the President, noting funny business with Intelligence. Perhaps not fabrication, but certainly a long and very intimate massage of facts to bring a very happy ending for the masseuse. (The President lies, kids will die)

Damn that George Bush! Someone needs to vote him outta there huh?? He did the EXACT same thing the LAST time, didn't he?

......oh... wait... it's not Bush anymore ...is it? uhhh.... WTF?! Two Presidents dance the very same jig? Hey....Something ain't right here!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

You make me laugh,

, I tell you this whole Syria saga is like Iraq Deva vu all over again.
The script is the same no changes, I guess it work so well during Bush that is not need to get a new, just change the names.
and the country.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Anyone with any bit of sense (which seems to be most people AGAINST action in Syria) can see that no evidence has been provided that proves Assad is behind it. I've been saying this all along. If they have the proof, show it. They can't, that's why everything is classified, because they have none. But they WILL fabricate it, as well, if they have to.

Just because there is evidence Sarin was used doesn't prove Assad used it. THAT'S what none of the media are highlighting, which they should.

The official "report" that came out was just an (un)educated guess based upon hearsay reports.

It was reported that the chemicals were used up to 90ish minutes AFTER the rocket attacks. What does that say?

Obama has "high confidence" that Assad used them? We want GD CERTAINTY, or else stand down. Show us the evidence, the proof, or STFU.

I think most people see this for what it is, it's the POS warmonger hawks that won't relent.

The public (domestic and worldwide) outcry against intervention and what is NOW being considered? EXPAND the initial campaign.

These people need mental health evaluations and whoever votes to go, and/or if Obama goes anyway, they should be put of trial.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I've felt bad for General Dempsey, though maybe I shouldn't, but he seems to be pretty apathetic to the "cause" of military intervention in Syria. It often seems like he feels he has no choice but to be present, and offer up support, but has no real personal support for it.

I've read a few articles and watched a few videos where he warns of the high cost of intervention, with an inversely low chance of positive impact. He also states in this video, and in other articles I've read, that most actions we could take would be ineffectual.

I'm not sure of his stance on "limited" intervention, but he seems pretty skeptical of any positive outcome of no-fly zones, or troop deployments.
edit on 6-9-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Yeah but they have social media proof..
Did you see that in the 4 page evidence report that I linked to in my second post here? Plus they said that there were too many videos for them to be faked.

Gee Susie said that Billy used chemical weapons in Syria (Susie's fingers crossed behind her back)... Well alright lets go bomb an entire country to punish Billy! Great country we have going here!

Hey look is that a UFO in that evidence video! Wow! But that can't be CGI because there are just too many videos..

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Great Work, elouina!

The New York Times article has quite a few nuggets in it:

But even without hard evidence tying Mr. Assad to the attack, administration officials asserted, the Syrian leader bears ultimate responsibility for the actions of his troops and should be held accountable.

“The commander in chief of any military is ultimately responsible for decisions made under their leadership,” said the State Department’s deputy spokeswoman, Marie Harf — even if, she added, “He’s not the one who pushes the button or says ‘go’ on this.”…

That's almost like, "we don't care who's responsible, Assad needs some bombs in his face!"

…The Obama administration, Mr. Cordesman said, needs to use intelligence about the attack “as a key way of informing the world, of building up trust in U.S. policy and intelligence statements, and in moving U.S. strategic communications from spin to convincing truth.”

Hear, hear to THAT...only when all they really have IS spin that's all we'll be fed.

And yet it appears that the public presentation of the Syria evidence will be limited.
Instead of the theater of Mr. Powell’s 2003 speech — which included satellite photographs, scratchy recordings of conversations between Iraqi officials and a vial of white powder meant to symbolize anthrax — American officials said the intelligence assessment they are preparing to make public will be similar to a modest news release that the White House issued in June to announce that the Assad government had used chemical weapons “on a small scale against the opposition multiple times in the last year.”...

www.nytimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join